Safir Hotel Hurghada

P.O. Box 76 Hurghada Red Sea, Hurghada Egypt

fantastic hotel

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"just returned from hotel safir had a great time, fantastic location right on its own little beach. the staff are some of the best we have come across in egypt, couldn,t do enough for you. from the guys on reception to the pool guy, cleaners, waiters, all of them were fantastic. hotel is a bit quiet but we happened to like that as we had only gone for a weeks short break, however just a short walk in either direction and you could find all the nightlife and shopping you wanted . the rooms were spacious and were cleaned and towels and bed linen changed every day the food in both the main restaurant and poolside bar were great, again we could not find any fault with it"

• Travel date: Sat 9th of February 2008

loved the staff

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"We have just returned from Eygpt were we stayed in a fantastic hotel called the Safir in hurghada. We went with friends who have been to this hotel 3 times and i can see why. I have to say this was the best holiday i've had in years. The food is buffet style but got plenty and in the morning you could ask the chef for 2 fried eggs which was lush.The rooms were cleaned every day, staff are amazing nothing is to much trouble for them, and they all speak perfect english. It was the first time we never had a rep and to be honest we never missed that service at all. We went on a boat trip & Safri to the bedwin feast and both were fantastic value for money. So if your after a relaxing holiday in Egypt then i recommend the Safir, and your only 10 min walk or 2 min in taxi from the town centre were it's a lot busy. We are going back next year to see Basham, and Mohamad and the rest of the boys. So thank you to all the staff, for given us a great holiday to remember .

From Ali & Joe. England. Newcastle."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of January 2008

First time in Egypt

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"I stayed at this hotel 11th jan for 1 week half board and booked through On The Beach website. I travelled alone and found the hotel very quiet and good value for money. Food was varied, buffet style with plenty to go round. No tummy upsets!

Staff very friendly and spoke good English, French and German. Didnt see many English tourists, majority German and Russian, no English tour operator represented there so shop around for trips out.

Rooms cleaned every day with fresh towels. Although it has a 4 star rating I would say more like a 3 star in UK. Had heard that some better hotels in Hurghada but for a cheap week in the sun I think this was a good choice.

Lager costs 20 Egyptian Pounds, bottled water 9EP and average lunch was costing me 40EP.

Overall was very pleased!"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of January 2008

Nice hotel, quiet but 5 mins in taxi or 10 min walk to any life

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"I have stayed in dozens of hotel in Egypt and the Safir I can recommend, you wont get 5 star luxury there, it is hard to find it in any hotel in Hurghada but you wont be dissapointed. Stayed twice in this hotel and can recommend it, rooms light airy and comfortable, air conditioner that works, hot water and excellent staff. Adequate breakfast with choice and an excllent Chef Mohammed who will cook you eggs anyway you want as you look over the Red Sea from the restuarnt. Nice clean private beach (a small tip goes a long way here) and some of the best employees I have found in Egypt and I have been visiting here for 15 years. On the negative there is nothing much outside the hotel you have to walk 10mins to find the nearest shop or resturant or its simply 5 mins in a taxi which costs around 50p. Animation team put on a show every night which last only an hour or so but on the positive side its quiet by midnight so you can at least sleep or head for the town.....bliss in Hurghada with most clubs blasting music out to the wee hours. Ask for a seq view room as they are better than across the road and worth paying the extra for. I would give 9/10 for this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of January 2008

very pleasant experience

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"this was a very nice hotel to stay at food lovely, interior, bedrooms and gardens. One bossy waiter was a bit of a pain other than that a nice place to stay. Spotlessly clean"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of November 2007

A Nice " Sharm El Sheik" like place

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Date: End February - Beginning March 2007
Author: tcliapis, Stationed by that time in Helioupolis Cairo - Egypt

Hurgada and its SAFIR Hotel / Resort was a very nice few days getaway from filthy Cairo!

Hurgada is a “to be Sharm El Sheikh” place (needing few more years though for it)!
It’s a nice newly built (the most of it) town packed in east Europe tourists with above average resorts and condominium places also having the standard tourist shows and attractions of the region as snorkeling, scuba, aqua parks, dessert shows, nigh clubs etc.

Hurgadas SAFIR is a nice, reasonable in prices, secured, but just average (as far as buildings / equipment) resort. Though overall rating to me is of a true 4 star! Because of its punctual service and personnel effort. Resort has also a small private beach a convenient pool and a scuba agency in its premises!

So, had a grate 3 days hope out from Cairo EXPERIENCE IN THERE …"

• Travel date: Thu 5th of July 2007

A thoroughly pleasant holiday

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"We have just come back from a very enjoyable weeks holiday at the Hotel Safir. The hotel itself is clean, comfortable and with very good but quite basic facilities. The swimming pool is large and clean, the private beach is very clean with adequate sunbeds and good service is provided from the poolside/beach bar and open air restuarant by very helpful barman. The sea is warm and there are many fish to be seen if you snorkel in the bay. There are boats moored at the marina where you can arrange to go on various trips. The animation team do a really good job of entertaining you during the day and the water aerobics is especially good fun. In the hotel there is a smallish bar with an outside terrace area and also a fairly large restuarant. The breakfast food is more than adequate with a lovely chef cooks good omelletes and fried eggs to order. The evening meal is quite good,but although there are quite a few vegetables options and rice and pasta there is ever only 1 fish dish and 1 meat dish as a choice and nothing at all for children. However the deserts are out of this world about 20 choices and all made at the hotel. If you go full board the lunch is served in a restuarant downstairs and although it is 4 course it is served at whistle stop speed and there is no choice you get what they serve, although we had no complaints with any of it but if you are a bit more fussy you may have a problem there. The main problems are with the price of drinks which are dearer than the UK at £12.50 for a bottle of very ordinary wine and £3.80 for a gin, just as an example. Also beware of the evening entertainments for which they sell tickets and are very poor value often starting an hour late. We went to the Egyptian evening which was arranged by the Bar Manager it was £15 a head and although the food was more than plentiful we found out at the end that we had to pay on top for the water, wine, coffee and brandy that we had consumed and this was way out of order as you were lead to believe initially that it was included in the £15. Also watch out for who tends to be rude and very insincere who went around calling my husband geezer and is apparently not liked by many guests or a lot of the staff. We found the downtown area a lot larger than we imagined but found the whole experience down there unpleasant. The shops were all the same selling tourist tatt and you continually get hasselled by traders and taxi drivers. The shopping area where the Hard Rock Cafe is is a much better bet for shopping and restuarants. Beware if you go Bed and Breakfast because there aren't any restuarants close at hand and you will have to search them out and probably travel by cab to and fro. There are no facilities for the children only the swimming pool and the beach so I think they would be very bored. All in all we had a very pleasant, restful holiday and would go again."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of June 2007

Loved this hotel and the services

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"We stayed in Safir Hotel for about a week.
The services were excelent, the staff being very sensitive to our needs.
The pool was excelent, the beach also, we dived in the sea nearby snorcheling for corals and fish.
The animation team became our friends with Olena and TIm and everybody who were very good in entertaining all the people all the time. The food was various with menus we liked and menus we didn't like a lot but in any time you could have found something to choose.
The services at the hotel's pool bar - "quicksands" were good, the marinara pizza was great.
We went in a few local trips with Sharm Voyage agency and enjoyed it, and also in Hurghada town a few times for shopping.
We would go back in Safir any time."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of June 2007

Hotel lovely - Staff not so good!

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"Me and my partner have just returned from Hurghada, where we spent a week staying in the Safir Hotel.

The hotel itself was lovely. When we arrived we found our room being on the ground floor, but we asked for a sea view. The reception staff were helpful and allocated us a new room. The accomodation was of a very good standard, rooms cleaned everyday with fresh towels and if your lucky, the cleaners will make animal shapes from your towels! Fantastic!

One problem that we were not happy about was a few members of the staff, including management!! One evening, my partner became ill, so we ordered room service. We received cake, which wasnt the best ive seen and wasnt exactly appetising! So when it came to writing out the comment card, we just made a comment of the room service, not at all abrupt, just made a suggestion that it wasnt exactly what we excepted! So the next morning we went down to breakfast and was treated like royalty, i thought it was abit strange at first. THEN the manager came up to us and forced my partner to change the comment card saying how excellent everything was, which i thought was disgusting!!

Apart from that, the experience we had in egypt was fab, you have to go on Jeep Safari and you must book it through local excursion company, not through thomsons etc, it will cost you double, maybe triple!!

Also walking into the town can become abit annoying with the locals hassling you to go into the shops, you just have to be firm with them! It always helps when you have a partner who can speak arabic as well. A few times they tried to rip us off but unlucky for them they didnt realise we understand what they are saying!

Taxis are nomore than 5 egyptian pounds into the town. Most taxis try to double it, especially the orange and blue taxis! Take the little white truck car things! he he!

Another thing, alot of people dont tell you, but if you get an excursion to Giftun island. Its also called, Paradise, Mahmya. Its all the same island!!! Snokelling is also good to do on the island when you arrive!

Hope this helps! Have a nice time!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of May 2007

Safir was great

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"Having chosen our destination we then selected our hotel from available web sites. Safir is sufficiently away from the hussle and bussle of the town centre (about a 10 minute walk along the sea front) but has everything on hand for a great holiday.

The honesty and integrity of the hotel staff was invaluable. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The food was teriffic although more costly than in the town.

We selected our hotel from the many on offer, mainly because of it's private beach and having read reviews such as ours. Having arrived at our destination we soon realised that we had made an excellent choice. Being located about 10 minutes walk from the town centre, we could choose whether to stay at the hotel for a great meal in peace or venutre in to the town for some night life and a wide selection of bars/clubs/restaurants.

From hotel Safir we took two excursions, one to Luxor and one to the Island resort of Mahmaya. On these trips we spoke with people staying at other hotel complexes supposedly in Hurghada but these were a good 20 miles down the coast away from the cultural town centre.

We have decided that next time, it is a place we would love to bring the children (age 9 and 12). It is a vey safe environment. You can relax on the beach while the kids swim in the sea or the pool.

The only negative we can come up with is the small shopping complex within the hotel. This appears to be en route from reception to your hotel room but, as we discovered, you can find an alternative route! The perfume seller in particular was over zealous. Our You Travel guide "Saad" was so very helpful and friendly. His advice saved us a lot of time and money just by teaching us "la Shukram" which is Arabic for "no thank you"."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of May 2007

Nicew little beach...but!

Reviewed Mon 5th of March 2012

"It has been my custom over the last few years that whenever I visit my apartment in Hurghada, I book two or three days in an all inclusive hotel so that I can have some entertainment, talk to people and have some reasonable food and drink. Sadly the SAFIR Hotel failed to meet the lowest of my expectations.
Three room rates were shown on the internet; sea view, garden view and annex. I booked through Travel Republic who had two rates, the sea view being £1.50 per night dearer than the garden view. I assumed at this that the garden view would be one of the ground floor rooms near the main building… I was wrong! I was taken across the road to room 402 in the annex even having protested that I did not wish to go in the annex. Reception stated all garden view are annex – hard luck if you have a ground floor room near the main building and expect to see the sea! To change rooms to the main building would incur a charge of $25 per night. So I reluctantly accepted room 402, ground floor annex… but then my bed was only 15metres from a main, noisy road with coaches and taxis all through the night (with the obligatory horn sounding) result was little sleep.
The morning saw me cross the road for an adequate yet uninspired breakfast. Then to the unpopulated beach area, which was quite nicely presented. The sea was to cool for me but had my children been with me they would have been to the boomed rope in a few strokes and disappointed. Lunch was at the pool bar, the advertised buffet in the restaurant did not exist, all on offer was a meat/onion fry with fries and salad. Afternoon tea with cakes and cookies was a flask of tea/coffee (no milk) and one single piece of marbled cake! Dinner buffet in the “Shades of Blue” restaurant was a few “bain marie” with meat dish, fried fish, mixed veg, rice and potatoes with salad and soup – completely lacking any inspiration in display or presentation. However, the fish was quite eatable.
Drinks from the poolside bar were served in 200ml white plastic cups (school days!) and in the Jimmy’s Bar the largest glass was a 200ml highball – so a long, cool Sakara Beer was impossible…
The first floor “Piano Bar” was not open, neither was the “Rendezvous Bar” and Disco. The Fish Restaurant was closed as were the three retail outlets of the six units in the arcade (three empty).
There was no entertainment at all – sorry, a TV in Jimmy’s Bar with an unintelligible music channel blaring out, and few people to speak to!
It appeared that there were no more than 20 rooms occupied in the main block of perhaps 200 rooms. The management were not of a mind to relocate me, so I had no choice but to forfeit my room for the second night and return to my quiet apartment. The shame is it could be a good hotel but sadly failing – would I recommend this to anybody? Not before any of the 150 other hotels in and around Hurghada.

• Travel date: Sun 4th of March 2012

Feel so humiliated

Reviewed Mon 26th of October 2009

"Dear All
for the view,swimming pool was amazimg actually when i saw the pictures on net i decided to book but pictures are not the same like reality so here is the reality:

i am writing this cause it is your right to know Egypt is much better than that i had been all around but i never seen such a baaaad hotel and staff and Food
Well lets start with the first Day where we informed the hotel that we will check in after dinner time so make a set menue to be delivered in our rooms guess what was served AS A DINNER 2 cheese sandwiches with a cake with the worest bad quality ever however dinner dont include this sh... and it was supposed to be same items from the open dinner
Next day i had to wake up since 7am cause the cleaning people was just bangind all doors and loud voices and hell of noises i could not believe how rude they were

we went to the breakfast which is something perfect it is a hell of 3 things to choose from Eggs bad cheese and egyptian beans so where is the rest !!!!!!! however even this was so baaaaaaad in taste my stomach was really hurting!!!!!

Well go to the dinner which is one kind of pasta and rice and bief and rotten fish oh to be honest there were good mashed potato and the beef was mmm less than average but OK

well the beach was not bad too and drinks was fair they just need to clean the glass and dishes!!! ohh and never try to have cubed ice it smelled like sh....

The room standard i would rate for 2 star hotel plus no maintenance so you can imagin how bad is the holes in the walls specially the bathroom

Finally we go for the management i believe they manage this hotel with a bunch of crappp and rude this is the most suitable word as no privacy people are following you and staring where ever you go and i felt even they were listning to us from behind the door which made me feelt hurrassed soooooooo much
I talked to management and i was about to call police but then they kept saying sorry and i was staying for 3 days so i just left the hotel and went to another place

After all what i said if you want to try just take this advice Never leave expensive things in your room and ask for cleaning when you are not there
Oh forgot to mention that the recieptionest keept calling on my room in funny egyptian words then when i phoned back he said sorry i thought you need something

Well i am working in Egypt since a year now and i have been to amazing places but not this Safir was the worest place ever to be in within any country everrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of October 2009

Hotels near Safir Hotel Hurghada

Stayed at Safir Hotel Hurghada? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Safir Hotel Hurghada

• Taisho by Taisho

"Look elsewhere...but if you must, then book a "sea view" room. "

• Mike77 by Mike77

"Whatever you do do not go to Safir Hotel in Hurgada "

Safir Hotel Hurghada is also called