Royal Lagoons Aqua Park Resort and Spa

Village Road Hurghada Red sea, Hurghada 84517 Egypt

Where do i start!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Well where do I start, I stayed at the Pyramisa in September with my parents, we went for a week away to get some sun and relax. The sun we deffinately got, exactly how I like to see the sky with not a cloud in it, a reason that I would return to Egypt without doubt.

The hotel itself is beautiful with georgous pools, and clean rooms. The pools are a little cold but for how hot it was that is sometimes what you need so not really a problem, the pools were cleaned everyday by some very friendly staff that all ways said hello and goodbye. The house keeping staff were also very friendly and helpful always asking if they could get anything else for you. The down side to the rooms is that in the time we were there we did have to move rooms and in neither one did the sliding door lock one of which was on the ground floor so not very secure, also in this room the safe was not attached to anything so could literally be lifted up and taken out on to the balcony, we did advised the front desk of this a couple of times but nothing was done about it. As we all three of use were in one room I also had a fold out bed in both rooms, both of which were very broken, with springs sticking out, it took most of the week and lots of asking at the front desk to get this swapped but eventually it was at midnight two days before we were leaving!

The meals times were certainly an experience in the miramar restaurant, there are too many russians at this hotel with little or no manners! They push in and never say please or thank you to the staff, they pile up food on there plates as if they have never eaten before and then leave most of it! The chef whites were absolutely filthy and all the food was only luke warm, serious bacteria growing conditions! The best thing about this restaurant was the staff as majority of the kept smiling on through the rudeness and Mak the barman, he was lovely and couldn't do enough for us! Once we were told about the moon restuarant we ate in there, food was a little warmer, the staff weren't just rushing around clearing plates of untouched food, Adel the manager in here was great and really looked after us.

The bars are a joke, the all inclusive spirit selection is dire! The beer was nearly always warm and it seemed that a few bar staff that would only do anything if tipped! I have been to all inclusive hotels before in other countries and I have never had to sit out side in the evening drinking my wine from a plastic cup! We asked lots of times why you could not have glasses outside the hotel bar in the evening and the best answer we got is because the Russians don't know how to behave them selves, when they are drunk and the smash the glasses in the pool!!!!! Mohammed that works on this bar was the best thing there, he was very helpful and is a great barman. The pool bar smells bad, it is all sticky and swarming with flies, It just looks like it needs a really good clean everyday, again at this bar they actually have large plastic beaker type glasses instead of the little plastic cups but they will only seem to give these out if tipped!

The beach needs a lot of work, we only went there once and that was enough.

The promenard out side the hotel is really nice, its a shame you get bothered by people every five seconds, I think this will change though as Hurghada gets busier there will be more people to go in the shops and more people about.

The animation team are all nice guys and do work really hard, the belly dancer show and cobra show were great just not sure about the rest of the evening shows, People seemed to laugh at their shows maybe its aimed at the russian guests but it just seemed like a load of lads pratting around on stage to me!

I was actually quite ill while in egypt and ended up in a medical centre for 8 hours, 7and a half of those I was on a drip! My worst nightmare but the medical centre staff were great really looked after me.

I could go on a lot more about this trip but I won't as it looks like a had a really bad holiday but in actual fact I didn't, I just don't particularlly like spending a lot of money on a holiday and being treated badly by staff and fellow guests, I would probably visit again, if nothing else to see if there have been any improvements>"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of November 2008

All Inclusive "Not"

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"The Hotel itself is very clean with the staff generally helpful, apparently the hotel has only been open since february, but i do not see this as an excuse for some poor service, afetr we had complained the service did become better, the food is what you would expect from Egypt, dont expect bacon for breakfast i lived on fried eggs on toast, evening meals are very repeatative if you are a meat lover you will enjoy beef every night, the entertaiment was a bit lascklustre, there was a snake show on one night which was moved indoors as it was deemed to cold outside unfortunately they moved it to the Disco which is not part of the all inclusive deal, after argueing our case we were allowed to take drinks in from the other bar but everyone else was sat round just watching the show without drinking, give it 6 months and the service should be a lot better, apparently they will be building a water park by the beach ......"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of November 2008

Not too bad but not great either

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Stayed in the hotel for one week and that was enough. It's not 5* hotel but maiby a 4*. The staff was friendly and the food was eatable but nothing special. The hotel itself was clean and in good condition. Local alcohol is not drinkable at all. Luckily beer and wine are good.

About 90% of the guest are Russians and that shows. I only ate at the "Western" restaurant and even the hotel stuff said that it is better than the "Russian" one.

The pool area looks nice but it's nothing special. Water in the pools is cold. The Animation team was quite active if you are into those sort of activities. The Disco was a very big disappointment. There was more stuff than customers and the all inclusive excludes the disco.

I used the diving center which is "on the premises". It's supposed to be at the beach but that's not quite true. Diving Center is not hotels own but a partner. It's called King Tut Diving Center. Stuff there is very friendly and the boat is in semi good condition. I can recommend it highly. No long bus rides around town but only a 5 min dash - which is nice. The owner must be the funniest Egyptian in the world! - I didn't stop laughing at his ventures until I got back to the hotel.

All in all: didn't like the hotel that much but the diving center saved my holiday.

Pete from Finland"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of November 2008

Excellent staff!

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"We have been at Pyramisa for just one week and we really enjoyed our stay! The weather is great, the hotel is clean, the swimming pools are awesome and the staff is very professional with a great sense of humor. We loved it!"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of November 2008

Brilliant weather

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Myself and my son stayed at Pyramisa Blue Lagoon for two weeks in October. Hotel very well situated at the back of hotel on main road loads of shops, 10 minutes walk away Hard Rock Cafe.
Beach not to my liking no atmostphere, more beds than you could wish for, pleasant breeze and give it about 6 months they will be building a big hotel next to the so called private beach.

Food. Well you didnt starve put it that way but the choice was rice,pasta,beef or chicken every day for lunch and the same for dinner in the evening.Also get used to having food served luke warm, doesnt make any difference if you go at 7pm or 9pm its still luke warm. Meat was always well cooked no complaints there but I think you just got used to the temperature of thefood. our 5th visit to Egypt all inclusive hotels and this is the first time I have had luke warm food. Management were always buzzing about and you were always asked to fill in questionnaires . I suppose it takes time to sort out this sort of thing and I hope they do well because it is a beautiful hotel and the room sizes are excellent.

Weather excellent couldnt wish for better weather considering we were in the middle of October, thats why its my favourite place.

Staff throughout the hotel were very friendly dont know what some people were on about them being very rude. They were probably rude to them in the first place. Not many British people there at all, mostly Russians with no manners and a lot from Poland. Never really spoken to Polish people before but met a couple who were excellent at speaking english and me and my son thought they were wonderful I think its the british who are the ignorant ones I couldnt speak a word of polish.

Animation team excellent kept my son amused for the whole two weeks although we did have trouble with ping pong balls and I promised i would ship some over to them.I dont know where they get the energy from all day, when I was that age I never had that much energy they were brilliant. The club dances were fun once youd got in the swing of things.Most of the animation team were really good at English its just a pity there arent more english people for them to practise on.

I would visit again as long as they take some notice of all the complaints about the food. All in all animation team, weather, accomodation excellent."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of November 2008

Love the hole vacantion. x Leonie

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"The hotel was so great. I didn't want to go back. I was there 1 week, but it must 2 weeks. The rooms are very OK. Sometimes the service at the servicedesk not so good, because they talking not so good english so there are miscommunications. But at the end of the vacation they apologize for that and they give us an lunchbox for at the airport. The food was really good. You have a breakfast, lunch and a dinner. If you have special wishes for your food than you ask it to somebody from the kitchen and they make it for you. The animationteam was so nice too. The boys are really nice. They ask you every day to go volley, waterpolo, darts, ping pong, aquagymnestics etc. So you don't bored. In the evening at 8.30 PM they have a dance for the children and at 9.30 PM they have a eveningshow. Every day they have an another show, very good and you laugh so much! They have a crazy clubdance too: BOMBA. It's really fun. There is a disco in the hotel too with nice music. So do you want to dance: everything gonna be OK then. I want to thank you all boys for the very nice week!! When I can go back, I really go!!!!! The people at the bar are very friendly! Everything is nice here. Great Hotel"

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of November 2008

Love it-everything

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"This is the first time we have ever been to eqypt (5 of us). We loved everything about it. The people Isaac the Manager who is the reception Manager, could'nt do enough for us, he was fantastic. The Animation Team, Assem, Adam and Mostaffa kept the kids and us entertained from the minute we got up till we went to bed, they all work extremely hard. The Food is good, the wines are lovely, and Adel who ran the Moon Restaurant had our drinks ready and table every lunch time and every evening. You only had to ask for something and it was done, there and then. We were introduced to The General Manager of the Hotel, Magdy Anwar fantastic person. My Daughter had a bad tummy within seconds a bell boy was sent out to the Pharmacy to get her some tablets and she was sent up tea to our room. This is what I call FIRST CLASS SERVICE. We have travelled quite alot to different countries, this was truly the best holiday we have ever had. Just go with an open mind and you will have a fantastic holiday. Just ask any of the staff and they will help you with whatever you want"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of November 2008

Think twice

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Six of us arrived at this hotel at 9pm. Once we got our bands our first instinct was to go to the bar for a drink, only to be told we could not have an all inclusive drink at this bar and the alarm bells started sounding. The hotel itself has good rooms of a fair size and the pool area is large and attractive, however that is the best part of the hotel. It is NOT five star and NOT all inclusive. On day two we went to get a pizza, only to be told we had to pay. We went to see the manager, Mr Izaac, and told him this was unacceptable as we booked all inclusive (take your confirmation). Eventually he agreed that whatever we charged to our room would be waived.
Do not believe the blurb-there is only one restaurant the British can use. The other is reserved for the Russians. The food was edible but very repetitive. There is a pool bar where you can get pizza (I suppose this is termed the Italian). This is also where you sit at night, served out of plastic cups. The beach is NOT worth going to and you cannot snorkel from here.
On a good note, there is a nice pedestrian area at the back of the hotel and the new marina is definitely worth going to for a decent meal and a bit of live music.
If you have not been to Egypt before, beware of the taxi drivers and street vendors who will probably try to rip you off. The best part of our holiday was booking a private boat trip, which was fantastic and the snorkelling was excellent here."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of October 2008

Blue Lagoon

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"Bad bad bad not so much 5* but 2* if u what to eat russian food and have a russian night out go here or just go to moscow it be the same. Trye the sistre hotel in luxor much better."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of October 2008

An oasis of calm in a bustling country.

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"The hotel was really good. We went as two young couples, and after reading some reviews on here, we were a little bit worried.
Yes, the food probably isn't Michelin Star, but it's perfectly acceptable by Egyptian standards; in fact most of it was quite tasty. Just make sure you eat in the English restaurant and not the Russian one if you want to eat off a plate and not out of a trough.
The pools are excellent. They look even better when lit up at night.
The all inclusive drinks are served in small plastic cups, which can be a bit annoying when you're only getting a mouthful of beer at a time. Still, there are a couple of bars down the road where a big bottle of beer costs a pound, so it's not the end of the world.
If you do want to buy anything, then I'd recommend heading into the town rather than using the shops at the back of the hotel. The people who run these shops work really hard to drag (literally) you into their shops. The bank is about half a mile down the road, but getting to it feels like running a gauntlet. Don't even respond when they talk to you, just say "La Shokran" (no thank you) and carry on walking.
The rooms in the hotel were excellent. We were put in one of the villas by the pool and they were lovely. Not sure what the rooms were like in the hotel itself, but if you can get into a villa then you won't be disappointed.
As for trips, we did the desert safari which was really good value. Well worth going. Obviously the diving is excellent too. A pod of dolphins came to play on one of my dives, which was amazing.

If you go on the desert (quad bike) safari, don't wind up paying more than £2 for your headscarf (the person selling the tour will try and charge you a lot more). They're dirt cheap on the markets. The tour shouldn't be more than £30 per person.

Beer is £2 a bottle in the hotel Shisha bar and Nightclub. It's 80p in the town.

Don't pay more than 30 egyptian pounds for a taxi from the hotel to town. DONT be tempted to let them use their 'meter' either. Always agree a price.

Women are simply letched over. You'll quite often find some smarmy bloke winking at your wife/girlfriend. Just let it go, it seems to be the 'norm' in Egypt.

Make sure the hotel staff know you're English, you'll find that you get a lot of little 'extras' when they find out you're not Russian.

Russians in the hotel are generally rude and arrogant. Don't let them push in front of you in queues, etc. Treat them like a naughty puppy; a tap on the nose and a firm "no"."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of October 2008

don't waist your money please please don't book this hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed Fri 7th of September 2012

"stayed at this hotel for two weeks in august,worst place i have ever stayed in don't waist your money, please please please take notice of this,food is disgusting,all cold drinks are warm spirits taste like perfume, swimming pools green when they are clean the staff throwing in chlorine whilst swimming in it.hotel full of rude egyptian people on holiday."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of September 2012

Rubbish hotel

Reviewed Mon 13th of August 2012

"I agree with everything Karen Wi my Sister has written on her review. Worst Hotel ever. Avoid at all costs. I don't believe any good reviews at all on this site or trip advisor. I have been all over the world and this is not even 2 star. The food service drinks rooms and service are more than poor.
Still reeling from visit there and battling compensation. "

• Travel date: Thu 9th of August 2012

Hotels near Royal Lagoons Aqua Park Resort and Spa

Stayed at Royal Lagoons Aqua Park Resort and Spa? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Royal Lagoons Aqua Park Resort and Spa

• DEXTER LAMB by DEXTER LAMB

"No Way....only to tell them to stay away! "

• Joanne by Joanne

"Take ear muffs and your own drinks "

• Sacha by Sacha

"Best advice don't go there "

Royal Lagoons Aqua Park Resort and Spa is also called