Good
Good

don't waist your money please please don't book this hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed Fri 7th of September 2012

"stayed at this hotel for two weeks in august,worst place i have ever stayed in don't waist your money, please please please take notice of this,food is disgusting,all cold drinks are warm spirits taste like perfume, swimming pools green when they are clean the staff throwing in chlorine whilst swimming in it.hotel full of rude egyptian people on holiday."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of September 2012

Rubbish hotel

Reviewed Mon 13th of August 2012

"I agree with everything Karen Wi my Sister has written on her review. Worst Hotel ever. Avoid at all costs. I don't believe any good reviews at all on this site or trip advisor. I have been all over the world and this is not even 2 star. The food service drinks rooms and service are more than poor.
Still reeling from visit there and battling compensation. "

• Travel date: Thu 9th of August 2012

Disgusting 2 star is generous ! Avoid at all costs

Reviewed Wed 1st of August 2012

"Lukewarm reception. No welcome drink. Food diabolical. Lukewarm and canteen style. Bland cold and looked like school dinner left overs. One day mince and mash for breakfast. No butter just margarine. Bread always hard and stale. Pools ok but some dirty. Sun beds some old and worn.
Bedrooms. Too much dark and old furniture. Bare wires hanging out of wall. Dirty bathroom and bed linen. No mini bar and no safe. No toiletries of a 5 star standard expected. No room service. Animation team immature and untalented. Boring. No evening entertainment except some grinning guy on a key bored. Bored being the operative word.
Weather fantastic ! Only good thing.
Staff and manager hostile aggressive and threatening when we complained. Beach dirty and full of rubbish. Nothing like website photos. Drinks cheap lukewarm and awful. Cheap brands and tasted terrible. We booked for 10 days could only manage 3 before moving. Hated this hotel and so pleased to check out. Have stayed at lots of hotels in Hurghada. This is barely 2 star and the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. All UK travellers avoid and sped your hard earned money in a proper 5 star hotel. "

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2012

Disgusting

Reviewed Thu 10th of May 2012

"We were put in this hotel as flight was cancelled
it was revolting, cockroaches everywhere, water running brown, rooms smelt of sewer. we were chagned to another room along with most people but same again. some people left hotel and other refused to stay in room camping out in the reception. avoid this hotel. "

• Travel date: Thu 10th of May 2012

Avoid like the plague

Reviewed Tue 15th of November 2011

"Holiday from hell so wish we had checked this site before making a reservation!

We arrived at this 5* all inclusive hotel on the 2nd November after making a reservation for one week.

The only positive aspects that I can mention are that the rooms are spacious and I found the bed comfortable.

Day one

Our expectations were that this was 5* hotel however much to our dismay it did not anywhere meet our wishes. We had reserved 2 double rooms with a garden view, the first room was infested with ants and the bathroom smell was worse than a public toilet in a bus station in Cairo.
The second room did not have any hot running water therefore unable to take a shower. I had to call reception to complain about the lack of hot water, someone came to mend this after 2 hours of my reporting this. The pillows of the bed smelt of sweaty heads.

Day two

In the first room I awake to find ants inside the bed as well all over the place, the smell in the bathroom is disgusting so I complain, I ask to change the room however they ask for another chance to rectify the problems and that the room will receive a special clean and spray. On my return to the room after this special clean I find ants still in the bathroom and the disgusting smell even worse than before in the bathroom. Back to reception demanding a room change, offered a choice of 4 rooms (3 of which were in the main building with single beds, near the disco and unacceptable), the 4th has a double bed and it is on the first floor, it is also smaller than the room I reserved initially. I have to say that reception staff made every effort to resolve the issues.

I accepted this room and by now I am exhausted, all my possessions repacked and unpacked and I decide I want to take a nap, I turn back the sheets on the bed to find pubic hairs in the bed and hair on the pillow!!!!!! Clearly this room did not have clean bedding, or a room clean prior to my transfer. I reported this to reception requesting housekeeping to change the sheets on the bed with clean laundered sheets which is the bare minimum expected from a 5* hotel, after 2 telephone calls to reception in a 2 hour period I am sitting in my room awaiting, by now I am furious that I have to go to reception yet again to make this request in person!!
On the internet the hotel is described as 5*, this in no way meets this rating, the following facilities are advertised also,
Room Service – this is nonexistent, tried to use this service and I was advised that they don’t have.

On the first night we missed the dinner because I couldn’t even take a shower due to no provision of hot water. After awaiting around 2 hours to have this problem fixed I call room service for food only to be told there is no room service. Subsequently we order pizza from Pizza Hut for delivery, when it arrives I receive a call from reception to say I must go there to collect it. This is totally unacceptable and why if outsiders are not allowed on site there is no-one employed by the hotel that could bring this to the room.

All Inclusive

The only comments regarding this is we will not be making full use of this during our stay for the following reasons,
The food offered is well below expected standards, cold coffee, poor variety (only one flavour of Fig jam at breakfast, the toaster that burns the bread, tongs provided for guests to use yet we witness the staff using their hands without gloves to place pastries and cakes on the trays. On the end day we went for dinner and I had sauté vegetables cooked without being properly cleaned, for example, carrots had not been scraped properly and the rotten (black bits not even removed before cooking. Needless to say we were not happy to eat in the restaurant despite having paid for a 5* all inclusive service. We had to go out for 3 meals per day so this added considerably to our expenses!

When we spoke to some of the staff about the hotel standards a common answer we received was, “It’s mainly Russians who come here and they don’t care” So what exactly does this mean?????? The standards don’t matter and how unprofessional to discriminate in this way!
We are so disgusted with the hotel that we were going to check out but unable to find another hotel reservation due to the fact that it is the EID holiday here and all are fully booked as even were the self catering apartments.
Our vacation has been completely ruined as a result of the dirty conditions of the rooms, poor hygiene in the restaurant, disgusting food that we are forced to leave the hotel every day to eat in other places. The walls of the apartment were dirty, there were dead insects stuck to the wall and they were still there on our day of departure. The cleaners did come in every day however they clearly require adequate training to raise the standards of what is supposed to be a 5* star hotel!!!

Each time we went to relax by the pool we didn’t find a sun bed that wasn’t broken, the beach towels provided were being handed out often dirty and wet.

There was a complete lack of information given to guests on arrival and during their stay, the only information in the room was regarding the all inclusive facilities. The hotel is ripping off tourists by telling them they need a taxi to get into Hurghada, there is no map of the location so it wasn’t until our last day we found we could walk out the back entrance of the hotel where we found many shops and restaurants. The hotel was charging us an excessive amount to go into Hurghada, one evening they requested 120EGP to go to old Hurghada, we went outside to take a street taxi and the cost was 6 EGP to get there.

The hotel’s own private beach 450 metres from the hotel, the beach leaves a lot to be desired, there was also some broken beds here without mattresses. Today at the beach one of the steel umbrellas in front of us fell over and injured a guest who had to be hospitalised. We have serious concerns about the health & safety standards of this hotel!! We made this reservation in good faith, we are very familiar with Egyptian life having stayed in Egypt for 4 years therefore we do not expect 5* European standards as we are aware that we are in Egypt however this hotel doesn’t even meet the minimum standards here for any hotel.

I blame poor management as this has the potential to be a first class hotel, the staff try their best but I guess there are limitations on what they can do and any changes have to come from above.

• Travel date: Mon 14th of November 2011

Worst Hotel in Egypt not a 5 star at all

Reviewed Fri 9th of September 2011

"I just came from a 4 nights vacation in this hotel and i don\t know were to start but all i have to say is .. DO NOT WAIST YOUR MONEY in this hotel ... i've went to Pyramisa sahl hasheesh and it is fabulous and amazing.. i recommended going to Pyramisa Sahl Hasheesh."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2011

Worest hotel in Pyramisa group of hotels

Reviewed Fri 22nd of July 2011

"I am timeshare and visited all their hotel chains. Blue lagoon is worst in food quality and services at the beach. The hotel is 5 stars, but actually I can give it 3 stars. All inclusive means meals, water, ice-cream, drinks, etc. We could not find ice-cream in our last day, and the drinking water is hot because there was no ice or coolers. The rooms we stayed in were accommodated with ants and cockroaches. However, the staff is very friendly and really wanted to help, but the management of the hotel is not keen to offer 5 stars services. I am attaching photo from sweet station where it is very poor. We have contacted the owner and he advised that what he is offering is less than 5 stars. But they offer us a service equal to what we paid. Even as timeshare, we pay much more that tourists coming from outside Egypt.

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2011

Egpyts worst hotel

Reviewed Thu 5th of May 2011

"So glad to be home this hotel is awful, the food is barely edible unless you want rice and pasta every day , the all inclusive is a rip off they serve thimbles of warm beer and soft drinks and awful coloured water masqurading as spirits, you have to pay extra for orange juice at breakfast. ongoing building work means no relaxation by the pool due to the noise

At best a two star hotel, but dont waste your money as we can honestly say this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Whilst we were there the British, dutch and Russian guests joined forces to complain about the building works noise and the hotel management basically said tough , leave the hotel then

So upset we only get one holiday a year and to think it was wasted here, please be aware before you even contimplate this hotel"

• Travel date: Sat 30th of April 2011

More like hell lagoon hotel Hurgarda

Reviewed Mon 4th of October 2010

"Room ok more like 3 star rather than 5,staff very un friendly towards the English.Small shop on premises in which staff rip you off,a pack of crisps costs about 3 english pounds.Food dreadful wouldnt even give it to a dog,same food everyday beef,chicken and rice plus flys and ants if you are lucky,we survived on stale bread and butter for 7 days,lost half a stone but at least we survived food posioning,alot of people were very ill and even hospitalised!Drinks awfull and served in plastic cups all glasses were chipped.Pool dirty with loose tiles in pool.One pool was closed due o the amount of bacteria in it.Free bus to the beach which is very dirty too!!All in all i would not reccomend staying here,will tell all my friends to avoid it like the plague or you will probably get the plague!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of October 2010

Don't Waste Your Money!!!

Reviewed Fri 24th of September 2010

"The hotel its self is more like a 3 star possibly at a push maybe a 4 star but the food isn't even a 1 star!!! We had to eat out every night it was that bad! Me and my boyfriend are well travelled and enjoy different types of food but it wasn't even edible. The food is the same every single night they never had any themed nights at all it was just fish beef and rice for 7 days solid.....i thought i would be able to manage if there was fresh fish and meat but it tasted disgusting everything you tried to eat had this funny taste to it whether it was the beef the rice it was all the same! The food is served in the worst possible way no labels on anything to tell you what it is the smell was horrific!!
Also i though if there was a Pizza Bar and i hated the food i would be able to survive off Pizza if worst comes to worst well we did have a pizza every day and we did mange on this bit it was tiny and you had to order it and sign to say you had you pizza you could only have one per person! What a total joke!! DO NOT GO HERE ALL-INCLUSIVE!!!! The hotel staff were nice but really unorganised it was 90% Russians and Ukrainians who were completely arrogant and rude NO MANNERS AT ALL!!!
The pools are huge but need lots of repairs hundreds of loose tiles and not very clean not good for kids! The beach isn't walking distance but you can get the free bus which is really regular...disappointing for me and my boyfriend as we wanted a beach holiday we didn't really want to get a bus every day!!!
The hotel rooms were ok the air-con worked but made our bathroom ceiling leak...every time we got a shower we had cold dirt drips coming through the light fittings above our heads HORRIBLE!!! Entertainment team worked really hard but it was a low standard.
This is not a 5 star Hotel i don't know how it has this rating it isn't fair for people to think they are going to a 5 star the rating needs to be lowered to a 2 star + i can't understand how they can even think for a single second the food here is normal compare to other 5 star hotels! If 5 mins down the road food is lovely they must know there food is terrible it is a joke that they even serve it... my dog wouldn't eat it and i seriously mean that! I dread to think how much food goes to waste here i know alot of the food from lunch was the same at tea and the same food was repeated each day so it probably got reheated for a number of days but still loads of people just wasted food coz they couldn’t eat it....i can’t understand why the manager doesn’t get a grip and get the place up to standard it is a real shame!
Thank god we found out there was a strip at the back of the hotel where we could eat out and taxi's to the marina were cheap about £6 to get there and back well worth it! All in all we had a lazy chilled out week away which what we wanted but the food really lets this hotel down i wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here i will NEVER return!
By night when it was dark and the pools were lit up the hotel really did look lovely but by day it showed all its flaws and there were many! Don’t be fooled by the pictures on the website like we were. Just don't waste your money find a better hotel were the food is edible....i was that put off i said i would never come back to Egypt i never actually fancied it in the first place but in the airport others gave us names of much nicer hotels with fabulous food (al carte restaurants etc ) so we may give it another chance but do not stay at PYRAMISA BLUE LAGOON!

Lisa & Richie
Liverpool "

• Travel date: Fri 24th of September 2010

Health hazard don't go here

Reviewed Mon 12th of July 2010

"I have travelled all rouind the world, and I must say this is the worst hotel I have every stayed in. I have even been to poor countries, but this is the worst!!

I flew out with Thomas cook airlines on the 18th June for 2 weeks. Thomas cook airlines are very cramp plane, and not designed for long legged people or even big people. The entertainment on board you have to pay £5! Staff on board was fantastic, all tho we kept getting bashed by the trolleys as the aisles are very small.

We arrive at the Pyramisa Blue lagoon hotel at 10.30pm where we had to wait for an hour to get checked in. There was no dinner, or food at this time. When myself and my family went to bed, and the bed was covered in ants and also the bathroom. I had ant bites all over my body, time I woke up in the morning. I told the rep, and he upgraded us to another room. The next day they place another couple in the room infested with ants!!

When we came down to breakfast the food was horrible, all uncovered with flys all over the cakes, bread and food. The food is stone cold. Breakfast was very limited there was omlettes which they use to run out of ingredients such as cheese or tomatoes etc. There was boiled beef sausages which was cold, scambled egg which was cold, and with egg shell. Lunch and dinners is just the same 1 chicken dish, 1 beef dish and rice. This hotel does not cater for dibetics or vegetarians. This was your lunch every day and dinner every day. There are 2 resturants one for the russians and another for the british.
We ate out alot cause the food was cold, always the same and the reheat it up at least 5 times a day. They never chuck food away, all left overs are kept for the enxt day.

The cocktails are not included in the aLL inclusive package all you get is juices, fizzy drinks, water, rum, brandy, ouzo and vodka. Ice cream is only between 1 - 3. No icecream is serve at anytimes, not even at meal times.

Every other day, they have a BBQ at the poolside, which is alwful, you have to queue up for hours to get served, all covered in ants, crockroaches, AND DON'T BE SURPRISED TO SEE A RAT! and the food is put at 4pm, when dinner starts at 7pm. All food is uncovered. They leave the cuttery tray on top of the bin. One of the days, a chef dropped a tong from the salad, he picked it up and placed it back in the salad, without washing it. This is why everyone is getting ILL at the hotel.

The rooms are nice and bright and airy. My parents room had a major leak from the bathroom which came from the light of the bathroom, right underneath this you have a hairdryer. We told reception and they sent someone up within the hour. He said it was ok, nothing to worry about and they try and fix it in the morning. This was a fire hazard!!! The maintaince man only asked for a tip, for coming up as well.
Early hours the morning, this leak got worst, the water was ankle high, and the light blown and caused major nosies. This was very dangerous, but the reception didn't seem to care, and didn't understand this was a fire hazard.

I had major water problems in my room (302) the water was bright yellow, so I couldn't wash in it. I was washing in mineral water. The shower only drizzled which I couldn't use. The smell of this yellow water was disgusting. My first day I told the rep at the meeting, and he sent someone up. They told me its all been sorted, but nothing was done. Next day I spoke to reception, and they told me this will get sorted, again nothing was done. I kept going back to reception everyday till about week into my holiday. I then spoke to the rep waleed, and he came to my room, he saw the problems and said we need to get this sorted. 7 Maintainece people came to my room including the manager. They promised me I would get a new shower head, turn up my water pressure and sort the pipes put where the yellow waster was coming from. But durring my whole 2 weeks nothing was ever sorted!!! Just words and no actions.

The swimming pools (lagoons) was closed for the whole 2 weeks due to dirt and bacteria. The pools are GREEN!!
The main swimming pool is lovely and shallow and warm, but you could tell its filthy as it was going green like the lagoons. I spoke to a member of staff about it, he told me they can't get the pools clean due to the bacteria! they tried several of things. in a week time all pools maybe closed.

There was plenty of sunbeds, we tipped Ali and abdul so every morning we had the same beds. Towels are provided which you will be given a towl card for when you check in.

The staff are mainly rude in this hotel, and they hate the english. The russians comes first. We found out that the russian goverment has a deal in egpyt where Russians can get half price holidays, and get a VIP treatment. This is why the english gets ignored and russians get served first even if you waiting first!
The porters are constantly asking the british people for english £20 notes as a tip! Beware of them.

The shops in the hotel do like to rip you off, one lady paid £5 english pund for a bag of crisps.

Durring the whole stay at the hotel, they ran out of plates, spoons, forks, knifes and cups and glasses. All glasses are cracked and chipped. They do not wash the glasses, they are filty. They do a quick rinse but not round the rim. I always asked for straws as people are getting really ill by food poisioning in this hotel.

The enertertainment is the same all the time. Morning gymnastics, darts, water polo, aqua aerobics, belly dancing and then another game of darts. The evening shows are rubbish, andnot professional. Rowland from the annimation team was fantastic, he made you feel welcome and made sure he talked to everyone. The rest of the animation team don't talk to the british at all, they favour in the russians.

The day of departure we was treat like prisioners! We asked to keep our room on till 6pm as we had a late departure, it cost us 30 euros or 240 egyptian pounds. When you pay the money, they should renew the card key. After 12pm I couldn't get into the room. Reception said, you never paid to keep the room on. Oh yes we did, show them the receipt and teh receptionist renewed the key. They tried to get another 30 euros out of us. If you don't keep your room on, then your all inclusive bands are cut off! and no drinks or food are allowed. If you keep your room on, you get fed and watered till 6pm. The staff was all very rude, the attitude stank. But your last day here at the hotel is stressful!!
The hotel mentions there is a free wi fi and fitness centre in the hotel THERE ISN'T

Hurghada airport is massive, so much security to get through. Time we checked in, we was boarding straight away. No time for toilet stops. All prices are in euros at the arport.
Overall do not come to this hotel, this is the worst all inclusive and the worst hotel. Does not feel like a holiday here. Some people we spoke to said the titantic beach hotel is nice, and the jasmine. "

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of July 2010

Gradually got worse.....

Reviewed Tue 28th of July 2009

"Only got back early hours this morning and feel I have to write to save others the money!!
We booked this late deal on Tues and travelled that friday, having checked other sites for more up to date reviews, we thought we'd be safe.....
The first week was lovely and quiet, hotel room was very clean and spacious, staff couldn't do enough for us. Topping up our drinks as soon as they were empty, clearing plates asap. This changed the second week when the hotel was overrun with Egyptian tourists!! The staff ignored us, pandering to every whim of them! The Egyptian guests are rude arrogant, push to the front of everything, expect to be served first and the funny thing is that the staff rush to help them, but then complain to us about them!!
The weather cannot be faulted, the Red Sea area guarantees HOT sunshine and a nice breeze.
The beach area is ok nothing to really rave about.
If you do travel there I do advise you to book the Jeep Safari with the boys in the lobby cos it is well worth it!!
The food was terrible the first week, but after a visit from the guest relations lady it improved slightly! Only slightly though!!! The snack bar consists of pastries and rolls left over from breakfast, one plate of each! The pizza is not included in the all inclusive programme. The "entertainment" team hasn't got anyone English and they really struggled to communicate with us. If you are travelling with children avoid like the plague!!We took our 13 year old son with us and his only entertainment was a 35 year old called Matt who we made friends with!!! Matt was also pleased to have someone to play with as there was nothing for him either !!

• Travel date: Sat 25th of July 2009

Hotels near Royal Lagoons Aqua Park Resort and Spa

Stayed at Royal Lagoons Aqua Park Resort and Spa? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Royal Lagoons Aqua Park Resort and Spa

• DEXTER LAMB by DEXTER LAMB

"No Way....only to tell them to stay away! "

• Joanne by Joanne

"Take ear muffs and your own drinks "

• Sacha by Sacha

"Best advice don't go there "

Royal Lagoons Aqua Park Resort and Spa is also called