Regina Swiss Inn Beach Resort & Aqua Park

El Kornish St., Hurghada 139 Egypt

Good

it is very good place but 2 proplems are enemy

"it is good place but 3 proplems are enemy 1-the ant every where 2-the pool is bad but there was a verey good things such as(see and beach - room serves - and all pepole work in it - and food it was good - show - all serves) it is very good hotel
it is 5th year to go to this place"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of July 2009

fantastic!will never forget you all at REGINA

"i couldn't belive how many bad reviews this hotel has. you must have stayed in a different place or something? i stayed in regina for 11 days with my whole family and my grandma. it was 6 of us and we had the best time ever. the room was basic, but clean and overlooking the garden. we didn't stay in the main hotel, so i don't know how did it look there, but other people from our tour were accomodated there and didn't complaint, maybe because we are from Slovakia and didn't expect miracles, like the british do. we always left a small tip for our cleaner and he changed our bed sheets daily, so i don't understand why people say, that the bed linen is not being changed.our bed was comfortable and the pillows were nice and soft,not like in tunisia where we got a "bag of sand"instead of a pillow.i loved the people who worked in the restaurant, because they always found a nice table for all 6 of us and i didn't tip them until the end of our stay, because i traveled with SATUR agency and they took from us $20/person and they said that it will go towards tipping. later on i found out that the agency or the rep was keeping the money and didn't give the staff anything at all so i tipped the reception and the restaurant staff on the end of my stay. All of the staff of the hotel was nice and smiling all the time.but to be honest even if i didn't tip them they loved me and my family and i loved them. i still keep in touch with some of the staff. they work very hard from sunrise to sunset and i wish i could help them all. the food was fantastic, always plenty of choice, the pastries for breakfast were the best i have ever eaten. the dinner was served until very late. even at 12 at night after we came back from a trip we were still able to get some good hot food.i can't say a bad word about this hotel, cause i had a fabulous time there and would return again,for the people, for the beautiful and calm sea, for the food,for the beautiful gardens...MY TIP: there is a travel agency just next to the hotel where me and my family booked all of our trips and all of them were fantastic and they cost nothing: pyramids$30, snorkling$12 and they have many more on offer."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of July 2009

Very nice garden but ..

"the rooms were alomost falling apart, but they did put a lot of effort on the garden which was beautiful. And also a nice pool and beach.

Not so good breakfast, bad service, the staff were more interesting in flirting with the guests than actually work.

Good localisation, in the middle of Hurghada, close to restaurants and stores.
Close to beach and snorkling, fantastic water.
Not good shopping, just souvenirs.

If you are not planning on being at your room so much this is great!
And if you tip a lot you make the staff happy and they might do their work!

i would recommend this hotel after some fixing up in the rooms."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of June 2009

The Regina Experience

"We have just returned from a weeks trip in Hurghada staying at the Regina. We were the only British people checking in and the experience was pleasant and painless. The room however was a chalet type in the upper grounds which was tired, dirty and falling apart, we fancied a drink and something to eat as it was dark after a long trip and take another view in the morning. Well our morning view confirmed we wanted to move. Went to reception at 0900 and requested a room change, there was no problem they just asked us to come back at 1200, we returned and they provided 2 room keys for us to view, we selected a refurbished room on the second floor by the beach with a sea view, clean bright and pleasant and every day we returned our room attendant had made something pleasant out of towels and left flowers in a vase.

The staff would ask are we English and we would reply no Welsh which took some further explanation to clarify where Wales sits on the UK map. We were the only Brits there all week and were treated well, all the drinks come in plastic and we mentioned we would prefer glass, which was provided for us in the main and pool bar, by the way we were the only people to have a glass at the pool bar and when the guests observed this they were told by the staff go and buy one from the shop like these people(of course we had not done this). It became very clear the staff had no time for the Russians, would tolerate the remainder and excellent with us. The beach bar was not all inclusive but you can take the drinks from the pool bar with you.

There was a different selection of food every day and always something we would like, the restaurant manager made a point to come and greet us at every meal and provide a little history on Egypt amongst general conversation.

All in all a good stay it is deffinately not 4 star but a good friendly base to work from."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of February 2009

big dissapointment

"This was the worst hotel we have stayed at .We have been to sharm el sheik on several occasions and have had top service and no complaints at all which is more than can be said for regina hotel.there was only 10 british people in the hotel and we were all of the same view that we thought that this hotel was approx.2 star. food was awful,restaurant was run appaling,waiters were rude,rooms were disgusting and instead of a relaxing holiday we were fighting for a decent meal food service and decent accomodation.I dont think 10 guests can all be wrong."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of November 2008

Horrible!

"So here is my story...My husband booked a stay at this hotel for 3 nights for our HONEYMOON! Of course, I'm super excited I had never been to Hurghada. Upon arriving to the hotel the lobby didn't look too bad, even though I wasnt really imprssed because the couches seemed to be falling apart. The staff checking us in was extremely rude and it took them about two hours to get us in a room which is RIDICULOUS! Once we get our room we are really excited but once we arrive I just wanted to cry at how disguisting and dirty the room was. They knew we were honeymooners but they gave us to two twin beds, the AC wasnt working, the bathroom was filthy as if it hadnt been cleaned for years. We complained and they moved us to another room, which really wasn't any better. I would have rathered not shower than stand in that nasty shower, I could feel the mildew under my foot and the water pressure was so low, and we even had no water for part of the stay. I was so happy that we were only staying for 3 nights. At the buffet people were acting like animals No one stood in line they were rude and the food wasn't even that good. Service at the buffet was slow, we would wait for a very LONG TIME to get a drink, which was damn annoying. I agree with people saying that the landscaping was well kept. It seemed like they were always fixing up the gardens but never cleaned the room. The TV didnt work, the fridge was very old. The stay at this hotel was a NIGHTMARE! NOTHING IN THIS HOTEL WAS NICE! It's definitely NOT a 4 star hotel, I'm wondering who the hell rated them!"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of October 2008

barely 1 star

"rooms outdated and dirty, pools falling apart , buffet restraunt under staffed , drinks at bar served in plastic very small glasses and filled with warm beer !!. Most of the guests are eastern block and on a whole incredibly rude ,pushing in at dinner times and at the bar . This hotel was rated as a four star id rather of slept in a tent in the desert. Before booking the holiday i read some reviews on this site some were good others bad , dont make the same mistake as us book another hotel or i suggest another resort unless you like your resorts to be like blackpool!! Egypt is a fantastic place Hurghada does not represent it as a country."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2008

Can be nice, depends on your room!

"My friend and I stayed at this hotel for one week in April 2008. The hotel is very different from what I am used to at an all inclusive in the carribean. From reading previous reviews I can see why so many people were upset, it all depends on what you expect and what kind of room you get.

The hotel is layed out very nicely. The lobby, pools, grounds and beach are kept very clean and are modern. The room s on the other hand are a different story. We were in 3 rooms before we settled. We had paid for a bungalow on the beach, they tried to give us a hotel room, so we switched. Our next room was filthy, old bedding, lighting did not work, fridge did not work, door did not lock. We were then switched to another bungalow which was ok, not nice but ok, we were tired of changing rooms.

The rooms come with single beds, so be prepared to cuddle up close. TV had few fuzzy channels, and the windows are tinted so you have no real sunlight unless you open up the one small window you have. The maid service would come in daily, they would make up the bed and sweep your room. They would leave dirty dishes, didn't collect the trash and didn't change the sheets the whole week.

We stayed all inclusive, but the All Inclusive had some catches. It only was in affect from 11am-11pm. The drinks included were local. Anything different, or fancy like a pina colada was extra. And the bar managers were cheap. We spent the first 3 days arguing with hotel staff over paying for stuff because we were under the impression that it was ALL INCLUSIVE. The meals were not good. I lost 20 kgs that week. The food was geared at pleasing the Russians, which I can understand as there were plenty of them at the hotel. Breakfast was pasteries, there was a fresh egg bar, the only fruit available was oranges. I couldn't tell you what lunch is like as we were out during the day. Dinner was just as bad, no fresh lettuce for salad, just cabbage. Always meat, potatoes and frozen vegetables. Good luck finding a clean table or getting a drink for dinner. You can not take a drink from the bar to the dinning room, apparently we can't mix up the glasses!

The beach is okay, small and full of boats. On the positive side there is a dive centre right at the hotel and we were able to go scuba diving for 2 days. The red sea is absolutly beautiful!!! Pools are nice, and there were activities by the pool daily.

The is a disco at the hotel, I went 2 nights, had fun. The bar on the main level also has live entertainment nightly. We spent our nights in the streets and had much more fun.

As I said the hotel is what you make it. For us it was a place to sleep at night. Don't expect a 5 star palace, you won't find it here. We did have fun in HUrghada, shopping in the streets and bargaining. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

[email protected]"

3- the restaurant very bad and no choices
4- if you want ask anything you have to ask many times to have
5- juices, coffee and tea is water and sugar with color only
6- the chiefs and restaurant's staffs hide things so you have to ask
7- all-inclusive really not as you think, all places you have to pay and only place without on pool and you will find nothing there
8- room service is very bad and not clean as well"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of July 2008

My mobile was stolen from my own room

"The hotel is in Central hurghada, Nice garden, OK pool, Nice beach, big lobby.
Now to the worst part; My new mobile phone was stolen from my own bedroom, the hotel did not care, so I went to hte police, but they wanted me to accuse some one if I want them to go further.
Old rooms, and the the stuff is impossible, Old AC working bad, look to pictures.
The hotel is full of russians that would take any thing they need from youre tabel without asking, pushing you and so on..., very rud."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of July 2008

Other's comments about poor service surp...

"Other's comments about poor service surprised us, because we found the service good and cheerful throughout.

Hot buffet self service meant plenty of food, but the food quality indifferent at best. Hotel has obviously seen better times and is in need of a refurb. Agree about the 90%+ Russian/Eastern European domination; apart from the Eid holiday weekend when there were quite a lot of Egyptians. The Russians etc neither friendly nor unfriendly, just indifferent; e.g. if you hold a door open for them, you don't get thanks or a smile etc. But if you prefer a holiday where you keep yourself to yourself and don't have to solicalise with other Brits, maybe this is for you.

And there is one advantage that may appeal - there seemed to be very few slim Russians over 40, and many were huge, the women wearing bikinis that would have doubled as a frigate's mainsail, the men often in skimpy speedos. Makes the averagely plump middle-aged Brit feel quite good about himself or herself.

Gardens nice and if you are in a bungalow in the gardens these are roomy though a bit dark. Beach gritty as elsewhere in Hughada. There is windsurfing tuition, but don't recommend it, because it is restricted to a fairly narrow funnel on one side of the narrow bay, in a wind shadow so the winds are flukey and all the beginners spend their time drifting downwind onto the rope that protects the swimming section. Not great for snorkeling off the beach as little underwater life to see."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of October 2006

Worst hotel I have stayed in; its infras...

"Worst hotel I have stayed in; its infrastructure is crumbling and dangerous! ( light switches were live, water flowing through ceiling light sockets), air con intermittent and very noisy .

Restaurant service shocking and reception staff surly and unhelpful. Hurghada is like the opening scene from "Blade Runner" you hear a car horn sound on average every 2-3 seconds. The hotel is mainly (90%+) Russian guests.
On the plus side the gardens are well maintained

If you are planning to go to the Red Sea go to Sharm or Taba!"

• Travel date: Thu 31st of March 2005

Hotels near Regina Swiss Inn Beach Resort & Aqua Park

Stayed at Regina Swiss Inn Beach Resort & Aqua Park? Share your insight.

Regina Swiss Inn Beach Resort & Aqua Park is also called