Reemyvera Resort & Marina

1 Reemyvera Km. 17, South Hurghada, Hurghada Egypt

Good

The worst Hotel we've ever had

Reviewed Mon 28th of September 2009

"It's the worst hotel I've ever visited. From the first minute of our check-in we started suffering from the staff, rooms unequipped, very bad food (worst), we stayed for 4 nights, the dinner menu was the same: kidney beans and the cheapest fish (Mackerel) and very hard meat, very poor and disgusting salad buffet, the pastry was very poor and bad, obviously they don't have chefs, probably every day one of the staff was cooking. The breakfast buffet was extremely poor, one kind of cheddar cheese (processed) and the worst kind of beef luncheon, the same disgusting salad buffet, the tea and coffee in a big container and of course not warm enough, the flies were hovering allover the place. The most strange thing I've ever seen in my life is the housekeeping; the housekeeper get into the room in the evening and put the towels on the bed, no matter the guests are sleeping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The reception staff shouted at us when we complain about anything, when we ask for something they send the cheapest products (soap or shower cap). This is very little of what we've suffered in this hotel. I count on reading the other reviews to take caution. "

• Travel date: Sat 26th of September 2009

This was the worst resort I have ever ha...

Reviewed Sat 8th of September 2007

"This was the worst resort I have ever had the misfortune to stay in. We lasted around two hours in the resort, saw the quality of the food, accommodation, and site as a whole, and demanded to be moved.

A few hours and £500 pounds later, my husband, 14year old son, and I were off to another, truly all inclusive hotel in Hurghada.

The all inclusive tag is totally misleading: little choice at the so-called buffet meals, two glasses of wine per day, no spirits at all, warm beer or warm soft drinks. When we asked for a cold drink, we were told they didn't have any. This was in 40 degree heat.

From the main hotel to the family accommodation, we were expected to use a filthy, disgusting bus. Fortunately we only had to suffer it once, it was truly awful.

Please, please, don't do as I did. I read a terrible review about this holiday, and thought it would still be OK. Use your money for a great family holiday, and don't lose £500 as we did."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of September 2007

I have been to Egypt quiet a few times w...

Reviewed Thu 21st of June 2007

"I have been to Egypt quiet a few times with my partner... and I’ve been since with friends, however can I say that the reemyvera hotel was the worse hotel I have ever had the misfortune to stay in.

We went as a party of myself, my partner and daughter, also my friend and her daughter. (5 in total)
I arrived to find that we had booked and paid for a poolside view, we was put into to family complex. I had booked with the request to be on the ground floor as I had problems walking any distance. We were on the second floor.

The very next morning I insisted that we were moved, they had by some miracle lost the booking voucher. I had a spare, so they had no choice but to move us, this is not even a 2* hotel. I asked how they got there 4* status, but this is how it is in Egypt. When the hotel is built and opened, it’s given a star status, it could burn down and re built badly and it would still have its same star status.

Sohere goes on the hotel....The bar staff and the room staff were exec they were lovely.
This hotel does not cater for the British at all, the Russians are far worse than the Germans could ever have been... trust me its true.

The all inclusive ends at 11pm but after 10pm they insist that each person goes up for there own drink to the bar, the disco has no inclusive drinks in it; you have to purchase your drinks at the bar. The hotel was like a building site. And the taxis were clean but they only have 2 taxis so be prepared for a wait if you fancy eating out or going into hurghada, which is at the most £5.00 return, they will try to charge you £8.00 if you let them or more. Unless you agree to go to the Egyptian disco with them!

We went home after 1 week.

• Travel date: Thu 21st of June 2007

Was a complete disappointment. We'd been...

Reviewed Tue 15th of May 2007

"Was a complete disappointment. We'd been to the Hurghada before last February (to the Makadi Oasis hotel, also 4*) and this was not a patch on the Makadi Oasis.

Beware of the building works going on from 8AM-ish throughout the day. Bags of cement, bricks, pipes (sewage by the smell of them!) and piles of wood are only some of the things you'll find lying around the hotel...!

We couldn't stand the constant Russian arrogance and food recycling of rice, potatoes and cabbage, so had to eat out a few days.

Make sure you book into the beach complex, not the family or aqua complex - they are further away and have lesser facilities.

On a positive, the non-reception staff were kind and helpful."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of May 2007

A complete disappointment and bad start...

Reviewed Mon 19th of March 2007

"A complete disappointment and bad start to the holiday. First may I say that Egypt people are very friendly and helpful. "Now to the worst bits". First I stress that anyone in the UK thinking of booking a holiday and staying at the Reemyvera Beach Resort & Marina, then forget it and take my true advice and book with another hotel than this one. Be advised, the hotel is 4 star rating and very nice, but "AND A BIG BUT", they have only just started catering for the British as most of there guests are either from Russia, Germany, or Holland, and at this time in present the UK holiday maker will be very very disappointed :-( "Now Why", well the hotel complex also has a run-down section called the "Family Complex", which is complete NAFF and no more than one star rating. All the rooms are like a kind of self-catering apartment which are falling to bits. There is nothing there but a feeling of depression, and if you wont to go to the main hotel you will have to catch there mini-bus, which is not even fit to be used on a building-site, so forget about wearing clean clothes as after traveling in this you will look and feel like "bob-the-builder". When I arrived and they put me and my partner in this family complex, we went straight to the hotel and complained and insisted they move us into what we where sold, that being a 4 star hotel. The hotel was fully booked and we had no choice than to stay that night at the "so-called" family complex. I stressed that IF I was not moved by the next morning then I wonted the next flight back to the UK. We were lucky and got moved into the 4 star hotel the next day, and this was not just my complaint, but also 6 other couples. We all got moved the next day, all except a couple who had to spend a further night at the run-down family complex. They where so upset by this that his partner was in tears. We all complained to the rep of YOUTRAVEL.COM, but he seemed to think and say that "you only get what you pay for" ???? I said to him that if this is the first time you have had British people stay here, then expect a lot more complaints as we British believe that also we only get what we pay for, but also expect the standard and package as what was advertised for the money and promised to us upon completion of paying. "Would you accept a 10 bag family pack of crisps from Asda, only to find when you open them there is only 5 bags"????? By the end of the 14 days I was there, the rep had just had 100 British holiday makers arrive, and had to date 70 complaints with regards to what they had been promised and what they where "DUMPED IN" i.e.: the family complex :-( The hotel manager and the rep will insist that all complex is classed as 4 star rating, but "AND A BIG BUT", when you ask to be moved to the hotel from the family complex, they will try to charge you for what they class as an "UPGRADE"???. you must refuse to make any payment and pull-them-up on what they are saying i.e.: that all the complex is 4 star, in which case you are not being upgraded at all, only moving from one room to another. They tried to charge all of us extra money, but we all refused this, and then they no longer asked. "I think this could be a case of trying to get extra money out of the British holiday maker, as the UK POUND is very strong in Egypt". So be aware of this. Truth-for-Truth, I would forget even thinking of booking to stay at the Reemyvera, and if you have already booked, then contact your holiday selling company and have this changed before you even think of flying out. "BE WARNED". If you have booked and cannot change, then be clear on the fact that there is NO Marina; all you will see is a building on the edge of some sand with 2 boats. If your brochure, as mine did, advertises a mini bar in the room, then forget-it, as all this is is a full sized fridge which is empty and down to you to buy and fill it???, but don’t put anything other than sealed units in there, as we found it to be dirty, full of germs, and some creepy crawly bugs inside :-( With regards to food: you must steam-in at full speed, as the Russians like to fill there tables full of food, which is more than they could ever eat. After further observations I noted that what the Russians do is, fill their table full of food, eat what they can get down their gut, then slide the rest into what we British call a "doggy-bag"! "This act I could never understand when being fully inclusive, as from when breakfast was finished, you only had 2 hours to go before lunch was being served"? There was always a long wait, and a shortage of tea and coffee cups, so if you get one then hold onto it for re-fills, otherwise you will have to wait 10 to 15 mins for cups, and then they may only bring out 12 cups when they have 25 to 30 people waiting! If you are lucky to get a "GLASS" beer class, then hold onto this also, as more than likely you will only get plastic!!!, "something I could never understand having a shortage of, as after-all it was the Egyptians that invented CLASS"? If you smoke, FAGS are very cheap, in the hotel you will pay 100 Egypt pounds for 200, which is about £10 UK pounds. But don’t buy from the hotel, if you go out to the main road there is a supermarket on the other side, and they cost 450 Egypt pounds for 200, which is about £4.50. In the Red Sea there are lots of coral and coloured shells, which you will like and wont to take back home with you. "FORGET IT, AND DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT", as when you travel back home, your bags and your-self will go through x-ray machines to check for this, and if you have shells or coral on you or in your bags, then expect to be sent to Egypt prison, or if you’re lucky you might be able to buy off the sentence for 2,000 sterling :-( If you buy a water-pipe, also known as a bubble-pipe, then make sure you pack all metal parts in your main luggage, as you cannot travel on airplane with this. The shop that sells this to you will state that you can take it through customs with no problem, this is not true. Pack all metal parts in your main luggage. Don’t buy the water pipe tobacco from the hotel, as they will charge you 2.50 Egypt pounds, i.e. 25p sterling. Go to the supermarket on main road where you will pay 1.25 Egypt pounds, i.e. 12.5p sterling As far as Egypt goes, this is a great holiday destination with out doubt. Egypt people are true-kind-and very helpful. BUT, if you’re only seeking sun and staying only within the hotel complex, then HURGHADA will be a perfect place. If however you are seeking culture and more of an Egyptian way of life, then I would recommend Luxor without doubt. But one thing I must say, and recommend fully without doubt, is NOT to stay at the Reemyvera Beach Resort & Marina, as I am sure you will come across problems with regards to accommodation, and will be very disappointed and only want to do one thing, i.e.: "get the next flight back to the UK". With regards to the holiday company, I have only used YOUTRAVEL.COM for the first time, but I can say without doubt after all the holiday companies I have used in the past, I WILL TRUTHFULLY NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. Remember, this is only my experience of YouTravel.com and Reemyvera Hotel, but I do class myself as being "well-traveled" throughout my life to-date, and can only therefore class this as the worst experience throughout my holidaying years."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of March 2007

I would not recommend this hotel. It was...

Reviewed Thu 23rd of February 2006

"I would not recommend this hotel. It was full of Russians with ghastly buffet food catering accordingly. Plus a drive way in with the ambience of East Berlin. If you like boiled potatoes and chopped cabbage this is the place for you!

The hotel was pretty shabby and the staffed ticked over on a tip tip basis. All inclusive beer was dependent on steady dollar waving.

Also - watch out for the safe deposit box scam. The so call "safes" have the security features of a piggy bank. The desk clerk took a $5 "deposit" which we never got back.

The only plus was an excellent dive centre "Voodoo Divers" - very helpful and friendly.
If you do end up staying there don’t miss out on the late night techno-disco. Its a real eye-opener.

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of February 2006

Had read every report on the web and dec...

Reviewed Tue 24th of January 2006

"Had read every report on the web and decided to take a chance. The food first night was disappointing but from then on it was much better than expected. There were plenty of fresh salads and a choice of "hot" dishes each night, plus every night there was a different meat cooked fresh in front of you , plus pasta. On 2 nights they cooked individual pizzas which were delicious. There were also a variety of fresh baked breads, cakes and pastries which were as good. If not better , than any cruise we had been on, we did not starve!!

Staff were very friendly and just love the English. The hotel guests were mainly Russian whose behaviour had a lot to be desired on occasion. We were one of only 2 English couples in the hotel and received 5star service.

The room we had was large with plenty of storage, TV with 2 English speaking channels, a fridge which was restocked each day with 1.5 litre bottled water plus 4 small soft drinks (coke, sprite). There was plenty of hot water though you had to run it for while as it came out discoloured at first. We did not suffer any tummy upsets during our 2 weeks there.

All-inclusive drinks- we drank mainly rum and coke, brandy and coke and whisky at night and beer during the day. Measures were always large. We tipped our server the first night and had top notch service , never having to queue and if he saw us in the queue told us to sit down and they would be brought over.

The beach is not a "bucket and spade" type as it is compacted gravelly sand. We took swim shoes and were glad of them. The water was crystal clear on the reef but a long way out. We took the $25 dollar boat trip on offer from the beach to giftun island. This included lunch and some time for fishing. The snorkelling from the boat was wonderful.

there was a guy working on the hotel beach who organised a sunbed and windbreak, if required, for you. We tipped him a couple of dollars and again had excellent service. One day he moved my husbands bed around to follow the sun with him still on it!!

negatives :- don't get a sunbed around the pool too near to the stage unless you like your eardrums blasted. We arrived in the dark and were glad we did. The hotel is part of a development which has either run out of money or is being revamped. It was very hard to tell. The actual hotel gardens are beautifully kept so it was a stark contrast. There was great shopping to be had along the main road, expect to be hassled but don’t forget to barter. Always ask for their best price for the English as they charge the Russians differently!!

We wanted from this holiday relaxation, good food and winter sunshine and got all 3 in bucket loads."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of January 2006

The hotel is obviously old. The food wa...

Reviewed Mon 1st of November 2004

"The hotel is obviously old. The food was below average. The all inclusive package is very poor, only half an hour of each activity per room per day allowed. No Cocktails and no food form the pool bar are in the inclusive package. A small glass of beer is pored from a 500ml bottle and the rest left to warm till the next guest orders one.

The rooms although clean are small and cracked tiles need replacing. I would think this hotel was no moor than a 2 star."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of November 2004

A super hotel with the friendliest staff...

Reviewed Mon 1st of November 2004

"A super hotel with the friendliest staff.

Marred by a guest causing a scene at reception. Obviously did not agree with the rating. Perhaps he and his friend should have gone to Spain.

Rooms not exactly fitted out to some European standards, but when I asked for an extra pillow, the room boy ran to get one, as this was at 08.00 and it was not needed until night, we thought that was so sweet.

The two Medhotels reps could not do enough to ensure that all guests were happy and left their mobile phone numbers. This does not happen very often.

Will definitely return in the New Year."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of November 2004

Arrived at the airport with no problems...

Reviewed Mon 1st of November 2004

"Arrived at the airport with no problems looking forward to our holiday, a unorganised rep attempted to shoe horn everyone and there luggage onto various coaches, some lucky people managed to get on the first coach the others had to wait for another coach to pick them up.

Dropped off other happy holiday makers at very plush nice looking hotels along the way, of course ours was last!! It didn’t matter though as it was 4 star the same as the others... or so Med Hotels state on their web site!

The Reemyvera Beach Resort is NOT a 4 star hotel, I would grade it and the services inside it at no more than 2 Star plus. The staff are rude, unfriendly and unhelpful, they don’t seem to care! The hotel, apart for the pool, is old, not maintained and very ropey!

The food is poor, within 1 day I had a stomach bug that lasted the rest of the holiday! After this, we did not eat in the hotel again, Pizza Hut & other small restaurants were a £5 taxi ride away.

They have 4 hair dryers to share between the whole hotel... one afternoon we got back to our room to find that there was no water, no shower, toilet, tap etc. I called the reception to ask what was wrong, I got a grunt down the phone ‘ half an hour, it will be back’, phone down in my ear! Nice. Anyway, 10 hours later the water supply was back on.

The beach and pool are the ONLY nice part of this hotel, forget the rest. The spa and tennis courts etc are in a terrible state, only 1 out of the 3 courts are useable, the spa/gym/centre is old and very tired! Forgot to mention it’s nearly a 5 minute walk away from the main hotel, in amongst a building/demolition site.

One night in a taxi, the driver said, ‘ you stay Reemyvera? It is bad, worst hotel here, food bad, rooms bad, staff bad, you know for next time!’ The worst thing is you can stay at Daha (or Dana) beach, just down the road for the same price!! We visited some friends there, it was more like a 4 star and they seemed to be very happy with it.

My advice is to not stay at this hotel, if its an extra £50 each to stay at a 5* or another 4* it would be worth your while booking there instead of at the Reemyvera!! Outside of the hotel everything was great, staying here made our holiday ‘ok’, where as it would have been ‘one to remember’ if we would have known about this hotel before hand! I tried to find reviews, but with no luck, that is why I am writing this for you. Good luck, enjoy Egypt, don’t book the Reemyvera! (It is actually called the Reemyvera Pickalbatros, not Reemyvera Beach Resort)."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of November 2004

If you are considering staying at this h...

Reviewed Tue 1st of March 2005

"If you are considering staying at this hotel you will have to take the good with the bad, there are many great aspects abut this hotel that outweighs the bad.

The good things are:

The price is right and for the services they provide you definitely cannot go wrong.

Drink as much and eat as much as you want.

The food was good and plentiful, the absurd reviews that the food was recycled or gave them some sort of stomach virus is truly unfounded. I enjoyed the variety and the great selection of entries and deserts. There are cooks that will freshly cook you an omelette at breakfast, grilled chicken or beef at lunch and two different entries at dinner. The fresh baked bread is great.

The hotel staff are very helpful, they aren’t stupid and don’t like the people who treat them like they are. They work 45 days straight and then have 10 days vacation. They are pros and take their job seriously.

The pool and beach are great. They have diving tours and windsurfing available and there are three bars located in the area.

The bad things are:

The rooms are older and not four star quality, but they are very clean.

If you want a cab you can take they taxi from the hotel lobby but pay twice as much for the service. Walk to the street and you can get a cab for 20 Egyptian pounds any where in Hurghada.

Good Luck Cosmo"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of March 2005

Having done some research b4 going we we...

Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2005

"Having done some research b4 going we were in 2 minds whether or not we would enjoy this holiday or not!

On arrival we were greeted by a duty manager (of which there are always plenty around) and taken to our room after a quick tour of all facilities on offer. On arrival at our room the luggage was already waiting for us.

From then on in the holiday, staff, food, location and facilities were as good as I have encountered almost anywhere in the world!

Some reviews I read b4 going slated all of the above but were totally unfounded. If you are polite and friendly to the staff they will more than reciprocate and can make all the difference to your overall experience here so treat them well!!!! Average wage here is about £150 British pounds a month and they work damn hard for it, believe me!!!!

Some work a 19-hour day, 30-40 days on and 10 off and not all of them even take that. In saying that they always have a smile 4 u and time to help where poss.

Not many Brits here as mainly Russian and German tourists seem to fill up the hotels but all staff speak at least 2 languages one always being English. Greet everyone with at least a smile and enjoy your holiday. We did!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

Hotels near Reemyvera Resort & Marina

Stayed at Reemyvera Resort & Marina? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Reemyvera Resort & Marina

• Azmy Morcos by Azmy Morcos

"Never book at Reemyvera Hotel, you'll regret "

Reemyvera Resort & Marina is also called