Premium Beach Resort

Sheraton Road, Hurghada Egypt

Stop, look, listen!!!! Stay away! Exte...

Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2005

"Stop, look, listen!!!!

Stay away!

Externally all looks well, great location and generally friendly staff.

Internally- there is generally not enough beds, children are expected to share beds, as well as rooms with their parents! The rooms are filthy, the bathrooms black with mould. Showers, toilets and air cons all broke while we were there. One couples air con fell completely out of the wall! We lost electric and water on a daily basis. Toilet rolls were non existent!

At our last count we knew of at least 21 Brits who had all been extremely ill, 1 almost hospitalised! We were all taking anti spasm tablets for the cramps and e-coli and salmonella tablets for the other rather violent symptoms! All given by the pharmacist next door. Still we could not get toilet rolls.

The plates were dirty, cracked and chipped. The food was out for up to 5hrs, drinks were warm and served in plastic beakers that were rinsed not washed and small enough that 1 bottle of beer regularly filled 3 beakers.

The all inclusive is not clear, there is absolutely no information in English to be had anywhere and the reception staff speak very little English and understand even less. Messages did not get passed on and complaints were not filed and therefore rectified.

If it’s too late and you have already booked, we have 2 pieces of advice

1) take extra cash and eat out $ preferred. Food is very cheap and variable. Pizza £3 each

2) if 1 is not an option pack loads of toilet rolls!!"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

What can I say, you get what you pay for...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"What can I say, you get what you pay for. The food is basically the same every day. Not a great choice either. Stay off the salad unless you want a bad stomach.

The main problems are: Hotel was advertised as all rooms having balcony or terrace and we were given one that didn’t have either, however we were able to change rooms the next day although the view changed from gardens/pool to building site next door.

No local spirits were included in the all inclusive package - only wine, beer and soft drinks. All drinks had not been chilled enough and the sizes of the glasses were small for beer and even smaller for soft drinks, hotel advertised having 2 bars but only one was open. You also had to sign for all drinks.

There were not enough sun beds to go around and if you wanted one you had to get up at no later than 7am to claim one. The pool was in need of maintenance and a good clean.

I would highly recommend the hotel’s snorkelling excursion on their own boats for only 90 Egyptian pounds each which lasted about 6 hours and included 3 x 1 hour stops for snorkelling and lunch was provided.

Room had good air conditioning, friendly staff and if you have a late return flight you can extend your room for a very reasonable 60 Egyptian pounds or 10 American dollars although no drinks or food are included after 12 noon on last day so stock up on water the day before and keep in mini bar (which is empty).

Overall, a below average hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

The hotel was basic. On our receipt the...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"The hotel was basic. On our receipt the accommodation was rated as being budget - oh well you get what you pay for. The rooms were very basic but cleaned daily. The food was okay and varied slightly but did not agree with my husband who had tummy problems for four out of the seven days.

Drinks served in small plastic beakers that were only rinsed and cheap beer and cheaper wine. The soft drinks were in even smaller glasses. We had our daughter with us who was constantly harassed by the waiters. They were okay at first but did not give her a rest at all.

On the last day our rep said that lunch and a drink would be provided after the 12 noon checkout. We were refused entry to the restaurant and only because we caused a scene were we allowed to eat but no drink was provided. We complained afterwards to a manager who was very apologetic and gave us drinks.

We were treated like second class citizens once our "all inclusive" had nearly finished.

Hurghada was an experience and possibly one not to be revisited. The boat trip snorkelling was great and good value for money.

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

We have just returned from the Wave beac...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"We have just returned from the Wave beach resort, full of disappointment. On arrival to our room there was no water the problem was resolved the next day but the water supply was never fully working.

Despite paying for 3 adults all inclusive for 7 days we were treated horrendously after day 5. Every drink and meal became a battle ground. This continuous arguing completely ruined our vacation.

It appears that once the Med hotel group got our money they tried to stop us from using the facilities we had paid for. In temperatures of 42 degrees and with 2 children we relied on the all inclusive drinks.

The drinks were served in tiny plastic beakers which were only rinsed out and not washed properly.

The waiters were rude, disrespectful and continuously harassing my daughter to a point where she felt uncomfortable in the swimming pool. At one point, she was propositioned in front of my very eyes. I was so incensed I threw my drink at the waiter. If you are thinking of taking your teenage daughters to this hotel their lives will be made miserable! It is not a relaxing holiday for them and to be honest, if my daughter was subjected to the same treatment in England I would have called the police.

The rooms were cleaned everyday and the food (when we were allowed it) was adequate. The evening entertainment was poor and only appealing to small children.

Despite being given tokens for the sun loungers we never got the opportunity to find a free lounger.

The snorkelling trips we paid for as extras were excellent. The safari to the Bedioun camp was a nightmare. The 4x4 Jeep that arrived at the hotel to collect 2 families ( 7 adults) was a builders van with rugs to sit on! It drove into the desert and left us in temperatures over 50 degrees for an hour whilst we waited for other vans to arrive. There was no air conditioning, no water, and no explanation. Eventually we were taken to a camp made of chipboard.

We had a 5 minute camel ride led by small children and then left in the camp for several hours with nothing to do. We were invited into a chipboard shed to see "a typical home." A disabled child was inside, being supported by her neck and bounced vigorously for our entertainment. We all felt so sickened by this blatant (tip the poor) show. Both families decided to fake illness and requested to be taken back to the hotel.

Due to our flight being delayed the airline put us up in the Hilton long beach. Where we were treated fantastically. The food and quality of service was excellent. The staff were pleasant. If we decide to return to Egypt we would definitely choose the Hilton or similar (The price difference was not that great.)

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

On arrival at the hotel my husband and I...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"On arrival at the hotel my husband and I, on looking around the reception area were quite impressed, but unfortunately that feeling quickly dispersed on setting foot out into the hotel area, the stink of raw sewage hit us, and I'm afraid that was the standard of the rest of the hotel and consequently our holiday.

We can honestly state this is the worst holiday we have ever had to endure. The first room they gave us was absolutely filthy, the towels had been used and the pillow cases were covered in huge grubby marks, the blankets were stained, the bed which consisted of a wooden frame with wooden slats across it, but in our case the middle slats were missing, because this was 3.am and we had been travelling for 16 hours (from Scotland) we collapsed exhausted on the bed anyway, only to waken next day with both our bottoms resting on the floor through the big hole in the bed. We obviously complained and eventually once we could make ourselves understood by the reception staff we were offered another room, unfortunately it was just as bad, but by this time we knew this was the norm for this hotel.

This tiny room overlooked the building site to the side of the hotel, the toilet leaked, the bedding was stained and filthy, and we were not surprised to find we had tiny visitors in the form of bed bugs, by the end of our holiday we counted over 80 bites between both of us (nothing else to do in the evening, entertainment consists of an hour of children’s games). We had problems trying to get to sleep because of the very noisy air conditioning unit in our room, not to mention being eaten alive.

I will list a few of the reasons that prove that if you value your health you will stay away from this hotel,- Nearly every piece of crockery is cracked or chipped, there is water residue on the plates, the tables are never wiped down between diners, (Full ashtrays on tables), Food set outside hours before the start of the meal, No tongs for bread etc.

The water in the swimming pools was cloudy, there was a 6" rim of scum around the edge of the pool (youngsters had etched their names in it). In the two weeks we were there we did not see anyone clean the pool the, boy who cleaned our rooms never used any bleach or disinfectant and used the same toilet brush for every room. There was open sewers at the back of the hotel, Needless to say food poisoning was rife with all the British holiday makers (21 when we were there) suffering from it in some sort of degree -indeed between myself and my husband we lost a total of 8 days of our holiday.

We were shocked when visiting the pharmacy we were issued tablets for the treatment on EColi and strains of salmonella. When describing our symptoms to the pharmacist He knew we were from Waves beach. A/I was a joke small warm lager, and even smaller warm Cola, Sprite, or Fanta, tea, coffee, water (no spirits) was all that was on offer the food was basic and exactly the same every day(we ate out after becoming ill).

We complained to the rep, asking to be moved to another hotel because we were seriously concerned for our health, He informed us he could move us to another Med Hotel but at a cost of over £500 which we had to decline as we didn’t have that amount of money, Which annoyed us because we already spent a fortune (to us) for this holiday.

I could go on and on about the other faults of this hotel, i.e. lack of sunbeds, towels, toilet rolls etc. Honestly if you value your health you will steer well clear of the Waves Beach hotel.

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

This was not a cheap booking and was the...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"This was not a cheap booking and was the worse hotel I have ever stayed in, in all my holidaying experience.

I have been on holiday to Egypt a couple of times and told my girlfriend (now wife) how great it was and how I would like to take her there, well I did!

This was the place that my new wife and I booked for our honeymoon and I cannot put into words the disappointment I feel even now after being home for over a month.

I can only confirm the same problems that every one else has mentioned about this hotel from the smell of sewage and run down rooms to the bad all inclusive service and the strong course of tablets I took for the last two days.

Our first night was in a room over the kitchen with a very small window that looked out over the back alley and dustbins (we had been travelling for 14hrs it was 2am and we were exhausted). The furniture was broken, there were stains on the bed blankets and sheets the whole room was dirty and the air conditioning sounded as if it was run by an old diesel engine.

My wife came out of the toilet in tears; it was that disgusting I was nearly in tears myself. I had to clean the seat as best I could just so my wife could relieve herself. We spent our first night fully clothed on our beach towels. We did change rooms the next day but it took all day and we had to sit by the pool in the same clothes we travelled in. This is when we got to see how poor the all inclusive was.

The only additional problem we encountered was power cuts to our room; every time we rang they would tell us they would be there in 5minutes. We waited up to four hours on occasions but it would only be resolved when I had to go up to reception myself each time.

We have complained to Med Hotels whose response so far has been as bad as this resort.

I could list no end of problems we had on our honeymoon with this hotel, but you just have to read all the other comments.

If like us you have booked before you find this page get your self on every excursion or spend every day on a snorkelling trip, but stay away from this hotel."

Hotels near Premium Beach Resort

Stayed at Premium Beach Resort? Share your insight.