Premium Beach Resort

Sheraton Road, Hurghada Egypt

Good

Don't stay there!

Reviewed Mon 3rd of November 2008

"Please do take the time to read these reviews - I was bitterly disappointed when recently stayed at this hotel. For a start I was unaware that there were two separate parts to this resort, an old Hurghada and a very new Hurghada. This hotel is in the old part - only stay in this part if looking for grubby cheap backpacking style accommodation / entertainment. Was unaware of this when looking for a hotel to stay in. After visiting the other new part of the town would definitely recommend staying up there and also to book into a Resort style complex (which includes entertainment with bars / restaurants). Waves was a complete disaster - wouldnt even know where to start - rooms filthy, bed & towels filthy, food yuck.... full rude Russians .... the list goes on! Very unhelpful staff unwilling to help with trying to sort broken things in room. "

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of November 2008

This is one of the best holidays i have...

Reviewed Mon 16th of June 2008

"This is one of the best holidays i have ever had. it had everything i wanted to do like to shop to swim in the pool to get a good sun tan.

the room was brilliant because it had a good kitchen a load of space for your clothes and cases.
the rooms had electicity and nice cold air conditioning for the night time and day time.

the beds were really comfortable so if you want a good night sleep you will get one no problem.
my favorite thing in the room was the shower because the shower was one of the best power showers i have ever had its just like the one at my house in the uk.

the bar, the bar was wicked they had 2 bar staff nicos and his brother christos there were cool and very friendly too anyone even in a problem situation because they would sort it out there and then.

i would also like to say thank you to the cook there mother because she had skill every meal i had there was fantastic. the moussaka was a beautiful dsih so was the chicken and curry source. the only problem was it was larger and only one type of bitter brew.

i like there milkshake because it was nice.

i liked this place because it had a good sun set at night and i would rate it 1000 out of 10000 if i could so i am going back in about 4 mounths."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of June 2008

I don't know what everyone is on about t...

Reviewed Sat 19th of January 2008

"I don't know what everyone is on about the hotel was fantastic. At the end of the day you get what you pay for. Me, my boyfriend and 14 yr old sister stayed for 2 weeks and loved it. We got there very late due to being delayed in uk and was welcomed with a smile from reception.

Went to our room it had small cupboard space so being two girls on hoilday had too much stuff to fit in so the next day we changed rooms with no problem, the receptionist grabbed a load of keys and showed us around and we got to pick what we wanted which was a huge room room with a balcony plenty of cupboard space a huge bathroom tv with English movie channels.

The food was lovely, plenty to go around and we was always served drinks in big glasses and ice and we didn't have to ask the staff got to know what we wanted and was ready on our usual table for us.

People on the street you have to ignore or walk away, what's the most they can do to you! Anyway there is a supermarket across the road the two floors of souvenirs,bags, pictures, toys basically what the shops on the high street sells and everything is priced up cheap and no hassles you unless you need any help. I think if you go into the hotel with and attitude or being stuck up and rude I wouldn't want to help anyone either.

If your always smiling like we were the staff are happy and will help you out if you have any problems. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for the price you pay you cannot go wrong. For all those complaining go to a 5* plus hotel and waste money at the end of the day all the fun is out on the streets."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of January 2008

Please, we beg you, do not under any cir...

Reviewed Mon 27th of August 2007

"Please, we beg you, do not under any circumstances book a holiday here, unless you want to be on tv with holidays from hell. We arrived there on the Friday evening, our rooms were so bad we didn't even bother to unpack, we had to stay there for the night (much to our disgust) so off we went to eat and drink (after all this is what we'd paid for).

The food - well my dog is better fed - the drink - have you ever had a glass of wine that has been heated in the kettle - no - well go here because that is what you get! The drink served in the all-inclusive bar is also warm - a tad colder than the wine but still warm. So off to bed - we slept because we were tired - would have slept outside on the balcony if we had one - especially when we woke up and actually saw the colour of the bedding in the cold light of day. It was bloody filthy. None of our party have ever seen such filthy bedding in all our lives and we have been to some places! (India, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Kenya to name but a few).

Now on to the pool. What a joy this was, fish ponds are cleaner - there was hair floating on the top, the bottom of the pool was a lovely shade of green and scum was all around the edges of the pool - needless to say we didn't bother having a dip!

We then ventured down to the beach - when the four of us stood on the sand no one else could get on it was so BIG!

So off we went to see Med Hotels rep to see about moving (yippee). While we were sitting on the wonderfully clean chairs!!! we were looking around, as you do, and lo and behold we saw nail clippings under the chair and cockroaches (really made us want to stay there).

All in all if you go here and are like us and wouldn't stay in a hovel beware it cost us another £1200 to move hotels - you can stick Egypt where the sun don't shine!!"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

We had a great time in Hurghada. All the...

Reviewed Sat 6th of October 2007

"We had a great time in Hurghada. All the staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful and they made us feel very welcome.

The food was really nice with lots of variations everyday as well as the normal rice and pasta.

Our room was cleaned daily by the same cleaner everyday of our two week stay. We could trust him implicitly.

The private beach at our hotel was fantastic with plenty of loungers and umbrellas for shade.

There was an on beach cafe where you could buy more English food - burgers and CHIPS!

We visited the Pyramids, booked through the holiday rep and the day was most enjoyable and steeped in history. We also went on boat trips to snorkel and see the beautiful coral reefs.

We cannot fault this holiday at all and we plan to go back in two years."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of October 2007

I wished I was still there, we had a gre...

Reviewed Tue 14th of August 2007

"I wished I was still there, we had a great time, it was just what I wanted.

For a start, the staff are great - very warm and obliging. (And no the perfume man is no problem at all - being pushy.) I went to him to look at perfumes!

Gardens and beach are lovely. Plenty of trips can of course be organised at reception, if culture is your thing and also fun outings. As for children - I have a 9 & 14 year old, isn’t pool games and dancing followed by a swim in the red sea good enough? After tea, a show and mini disco. Both of mine had a great time.

The reason it’s not 10/10 is I needed a disco. After family time is over and would not leave my children whilst I left premises. Would go again.

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

What are all you people going on about b...

Reviewed Sun 12th of August 2007

"What are all you people going on about bad mouthing this resort? This is a 3 star hotel and that’s what you get! This is an excellent resort, the staff are fantastic and very friendly, my room cleaner Haasam cleaned our room every day to a very high standard and made us swans out of the towels, he also asked us if we were pleased with the service.

Just to set the record straight, I met the perfume man who is a really nice guy, I never saw him once drag a young lady into his shop and ask to marry her.

The gardens are very well maintained and the whole place is very clean and tidy, the only thing I think they should change is that they should not close everything down at eleven o’clock at night and keep it open till about 1am, also a disco might help for those people who have children and can not leave them.

I would have no problem returning to this resort again and also I would love to meet these wonderful people again."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

Let’s start with the fact of it being...

Good
Reviewed Wed 4th of July 2007

"Let’s start with the fact of it being so cheap, I mean where else can you get a hotel which is supposed to be 3-star (I think it should be 4-star) for under £55. I cannot believe people out there are complaining!

After booking the hotel, I read some reviews and I thought that I may have made a grave mistake by booking a nightmare hotel, but this was surely not the case.

We were a group of 4 16 yr olds and we had got a 4 bed-room, and the room was nearly spotless, and the staff were very friendly.

I couldn't have asked for a better hotel, but for all of you who are wanting to go there, let’s get 1 thing straight, 'Always Remember The Price You Have Paid To Get Into This Hotel!'.

The food wasn't great, but there's maccys, KFC and Hardees just minutes away from the hotel, where a meal is around £2.50, so what's to worry!

I would recommend this place to anyone, I mean it has its own private beach, what more do you want! The only advice which I think everyone needs to know is that the Arabian people, at every shop in every place, want to get the most possible cash out of you, this also means whilst booking activities in the hotel, so always haggle, where ever you go, if you want to get the best deal, or you will get 'torn apart.'

And finally, if you want a perfect holiday or have high hopes of it being a poshy doshy hotel, please don't book this hotel, because at all times you have to remember what price you have paid to get in to this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of July 2007

Where do I start. When we arrived at the...

Reviewed Thu 24th of May 2007

"Where do I start. When we arrived at the hotel, the reception area was clean and tidy, they showed us are rooms and no joke, you had to be about 7ft tall to see out the window.

As we complained they moved our rooms the next day but that was hard work, they told us to come back at 12 o clock, 2 o clock and then 8 o clock because people were still in the rooms.

Once we had moved room it was a lot nicer, rooms were cleaned every day and you were given clean sheets ect.

There was a wide range of food and lots of it, although every night seemed to be the same food even though they said there would be a different theme.

The bar did not open till 11 so if you wanted a hot drink with your breakfast you had to pay for it.

We were the only English in the hotel everyone else was Russians, the hotel staff were very friendly and were happy to help you in any way.

Has a teenage I would not go there again has there was not much evening entertainment, if you have young children or teenage kids I would spend more money to go to a 4-5 star hotel because there will be more for them to do.

There is a McDonalds and KFC down the road from the hotel so if you don’t like the food, you can go there!"

• Travel date: Thu 24th of May 2007

What a fantastic hotel- great staff and...

Reviewed Sun 20th of May 2007

"What a fantastic hotel- great staff and area.

Food- served 7am-12am fantastic menu, great selection of drinks (coffee, tea, soft drinks, larger, spirits).

Drinks- vodka, brandy, navy rum, gin, Bacardi, ouzo, white wine, red wine, sprite, Fanta, Pepsi, coffee, tea- great selection ( Malibu, Archers ect costs a lot as it has to be imported- if you go to local bars you will see they don’t sell them too).

Area- set out with private beach, jetty, and boat it is a fantastic place.

Hurghada its self is fantastic shops, pubs, clubs, tours amazing for those who like culture.

I am going back to Waves in October and I rate it 10/10.

This hotel is not made for children, it does have a small play area but they do not cater for children."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of May 2007

We booked the hotel on line. The accommo...

Reviewed Sun 22nd of April 2007

"We booked the hotel on line. The accommodation was ok not quite what I would have expected, beds were very poor.

In our information it stated that we could obtain all inclusive drinks from two bars, one by the top pool, one by the bottom pool but they would not allow this and we were only able to get drinks from the bottom pool bar.

The food was very good in quality and there was an awful lot of it, but it was the same most nights we were there.

One week the all inclusive package was very poor it only included 4 types of spirit, whisky, gin vodka and dark rum and wine, we were able to get sprite coke and Fanta tea and coffee but only between 11am and 23.00, so if we wanted a hot drink after breakfast we had to pay.

If you are thinking of taking children I suggest that you pay a little more and go for 4 or 5 stars and check what the all inclusive package includes, there were not ice creams for the children. Al fruit juices had to be paid for.

One thing I would stress is that the staff were very very friendly and helpful no problems with them at all.

The beach area is very very small, there were mostly Russians at the hotel and I am sorry to say that they were not very polite to the staff.

The Egyptian men were very interested in the blonde girls, and although they took a lot of notice of them, when the girls said NO they were not over hassled.

We didn’t go out in the evenings much only to a pub across the road called Pappas bar, that wasn’t too bad but expensive.

All in all I would say that I wouldn’t rate this as a 3* all inclusive package, it was not as good as other countries 3* all inclusive that I have stayed in before.

This is not a hotel that I could consider returning to but again I must stress that the staff were first rate."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of April 2007

When I was booking the hotel I had not r...

Reviewed Tue 17th of April 2007

"When I was booking the hotel I had not read any of the reviews before hand, then a few days later I did.

The reviews of this hotel were really terrible and it was too late to cancel, so I was anxious about getting there.

When I arrived I realised that these poor reviews were completely wrong! I absolutely loved the hotel. The gardens were absolutely beautiful, very well maintained, there were people working on them every day.

As for the smell of sewerage, absolutely none. All the staff were extremely helpful, polite and kind. The cleaner we had was very friendly and our room was cleaned everyday as well as clean sheets and clean towels every day.

The towels were also made into different shapes such as swans, flowers and hearts. The room was very big too and we had a balcony with a view onto the beach and sea.

The only problem with the room was the shower as the temperature of the water would keep changing.

As for the beach, it was ok, not the nicest I've been on but nothing really wrong with it apart from the fact that it was a bit small and got filled quickly.

We stayed on the B&B basis but the breakfast was really good, a lot of variety from fresh fruit to cake, there were also two chefs, one making pancakes on order the other omelettes and there was still plenty more.

On our last night we saw that the people on the all Inc basis had a very nice meal, an oriental / Egyptian buffet, the food looked and smelt gorgeous, I was so jealous.

The swimming pools were also really nice however we only went in them once as we were just sunbathing all the time.

There was plenty of entertainment at the hotel, from African dancers and Arabian dancers to belly dancers. And to my dismay, against my own will I was dragged up every night to join in with the entertainment with all eyes on me.

However it was quite fun once I got into it. The rep we had was excellent and was in everyday, twice a day.

The only thing I would say beware of in this hotel is the man in the perfume store as he drags you in, trying to sell you his things and tries to get himself a wife.

Just one last thing to say, do not worry about going to this hotel, it is really nice, not like what other reviews say. I would recommend it."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2007

Hotels near Premium Beach Resort

Stayed at Premium Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Premium Beach Resort is also called