MinaMark Beach Resort

El-Kornish road - Sakkala Area, Hurghada Egypt

Beware!

"Things are not as they seem at this hotel. When we went on an excursion from the Minamark to Luxor, we were provided with a guide by our hotel rep... a guide who was replaced en route by someone else. This someone else then spent a good deal of the day trying to sell our party illicit substances, and did not even know as much as I do about Egyptian history. Let me remind anyone who reads this review that any and all drugs offenses are seriously punished in Arabic countries. Being anti-drugs this didn't apply to us. I also understand a little Arabic, and I heard our guide telling a local (to Luxor) policeman that he could not sell anything to us, so this was obviously more than just a lone drug dealer. We were also charged a lot extra for being able to get off a river boat cruise on time to catch our convoy back to the Minamark. Seriously will not be going back to the Minamark or probably even Egypt again."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of April 2008

A very good choice for me!

"This was my 2nd time in Egypt; I did travel there for diving, Pharaohs’ time and Christian culture (monasteries). Mostly I have done my diving in Thailand; the water in Egypt was with better visibility but not that warm. I almost randomly picked-up hotel Minamark Beach resort and was really happily surprised what I did find. My week was All-Inclusive, and a good idea I think. The food was good Egyptian, a lot of deserts – and I had no problems with my stomach! Room was clean, everything tidy and well kept, personnel very friendly and very helpful!
There is KFC and McDonalds just opposite the Minamark, if you wish for what you can find at home too. And you can find the Egyptian alleys, small shops, even Orthodox-Coptic Churches across the street, at walking distance. And the tax-free is not far away.
The private hotel beaches in Shakalla - down-town area are not that wide you could have long walks along the beach front. Then a distant resort is what you could prefer. Scuba diving is available everywhere, I did choose a company I know and they had pick-up for their dive trips.
I am not after sunbathing at the pool area but the hotel pool looks nice and I will bring my children there next time."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of March 2008

Good Hotel

Good

"I cannot understand these reports about the food being bad. Stayed here for two weeks and at lunch and dinner there was always a fish, beef and chicken dish plus potatoes, pasta, rice, saute vegatables, vegetable ratouille, salads galore, rolls, bread, fresh fruit, cakes galore, what more do people want! Chips perhaps than alas you will not like it here if you diet consists of burgers and chips. Other British couples we met there also enjoyed the food and we never ate outside of the Hotel apart from trips we went on and none of us were ill. The Hotel is very clean and the staff are helpful and very efficient. Only fault I would give it is the entertainment was quite poor and the bar closes at 10.00pm. We personally did not like central Hurghada though, too much hassle as soon as you step outside of the Hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of March 2008

leeche's

"stayed at the minamark read the reviews before i went .Food was catered for the germans danish,i like plain food but this was so boring i spent the week eating puddings .Bonus was Pizza hut ,kentucky and mc donalds were right on the doorstep.The only problem there was i have a 21 year old daughter and whenever we went out of the hotel the egyptian men continually leered at her and made very sexual comments it made us both feel very uncomfortable.
The hotel was very clean and they made a great effort to help you but i would not go back because there are far more superior hotels and the all inclusive deal finishes at 10pm so after that you had to pay !!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of February 2008

never again

"Just got back from hurghada, 8/1/2008, if you are used to quality hotels do not stay at the minamark, my fault, booked a budget holiday, sick first 4 out of 5 days, refused to eat there, when they cut you a slice of chicken, which is the size of a pidgeon, they halve it, then halve it again, don't bother asking for more, just as well you don't get larger portions, could have been sick longer, italian restaraunt just round corner, three course meal and a pint for £10.00, told by staff, if it was not for the russians staying at this hotel it would close, i would not rate this hotel above 2.5 stars, one swiss guest started a petition, he was disgusted with food and bar shutting at 10.00pm, do not let the porters order you cabs, biggest con going, they are their mates, you get in the cab, they ask you for payment, normally 100 egyptian, 10 pounds english, on route, i gave two fiftys, while driving he changes two fiftys for there smaller fifty notes, claiming you have not given him the right money, i think he realised this con was not going to work and suggested he keeps driving to the airport, better to book transfers, this happened to two girls i have been in touch with back in england on the same holiday, they paid the driver twice, apart from reception, bar staff and waiters work really hard, nice people, love egypt, but not at this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of January 2008

Fab Holiday with Amazing People

"The hotel is not for people who would like to go on holiday to meet english people and eat english food!!!! so many reviews say the food was terrible there were no english people!!!! STAY IN ENGLAND if thats what you want. However if you want to go to a lovely hotel with a great beach right in the middle of town then the Minamark is for you. I wouldn't recommend all inclusive because its such a central hotel we found we were out every evening, The beach is great and a really great diving centre, the staff are all really friendly and I think I've found my home from home."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of October 2006

Very pleasant stay, you get what you pay for

Good

"Stayed in this hotel and was most pleased clean comfortable rooms and staff going out of their way to help you. This hotel is situated right in the heart of the centre and right on the beach, no brits about when we stayed here but to be honest we had come away from the lager lout brits (this is NOT Spain and we were in a foreign land). Staff done there best to entertain you putting on a live show each night and make sure our holiday was pleasant. Reception and all staff total customer focused and went out of their way for us throughout out stay. Breakfast was adequate and they had a themed buffet dinner every night and the only moan we had was that food could be improved on but to be honest we were paying £11 a night HALF BOARD so does one expect ! at least it was hot and varied and if you did not like it well you were right in the heart of Sakala centre"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of September 2006

Worst holiday we have ever had.

"We stayed 14 nights at this awful hotel. We knew straight away what a poor hotel we had arrived at. The room was the only decent thing about this hotel, the rest was a total nightmare. We were on an all inclusive basis but what you got that was all inclusive was nothing but digusting, from the food and drinks to the rubbish entertainment. We were the only English couple there for the first week, our rep knew we were not happy but did not turn up to see us when he said he would and did not make contact with us the rest of the stay. The restaurant food was not for the English and was the cheapest of food, the main meat usually was chicken wings and rice and stews which was spooned onto your plate with about 3 lumps of meat. The breakfast was 1 egg omelette, unless you asked for 2 eggs and got a dirty look from the miserable chef.
The second week another English couple arrived and was as horrified as us, it was nice to see them but it was only for 4 nights as they had a decent rep who moved them to the Hilton. (Hi Jo and Pete, glad you enjoyed the rest of your holiday).
If you wanted a burger at lunchtime you had to pay for it, the only all-inclusive snacks were dry sandwiches with no butter and cakes. The only decent bar was the lobby bar and you had to pay for your drinks in there. The beach and pool bar gave you warm drinks. The pool bar was like a village fete bar, with poor entertainment around the pool at night.
The only blessing is that kfc is just across the road, so it stops you from getting too hungry.
This is definately not a 4 star hotel, would not give it any more than a 2 star. If you want a miserable holiday then this is the place to go."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of August 2006

had to be moved from this hotel

"well when we arrived at this hotel we thourght nice and clean rooms where nice but we then we went for food we was like ok then what this whats that all i ate was rice and some chicken well if you can call it that all they gave you was the smallest bit they had and dear you ask for more !!! the drinks on allinclusive where only sever till 10 pm and they were warm all the time didnt get a clod drink in the 4 days we manged to stay there the entertainment was just that poor you wouldnt belive. you cant walk outside the hotel with out been asked for money and getting dragged in here there and everywhere. this place is NOT FOR THE ENGLISH what so ever there was us and one more couple that manged to stay there 2 weeks godnos how but they did lets just say theres a kfc over the road !!! ( hi dave and mo if you get to read this ) after then been ill for 3 days we seen our rep and asked to be moved as we couldnt stand been there any longer . we then got moved to the hilton long beach which was like we had died and gone to heaven. hope the people that read this take in what we have said because wouldnt want anyone elses holiday been the same ."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of August 2006

Nice Hotel, will go again

"We have just come back from Hurghada having stayed in the Minamark (half board). It is a good hotel, located in the centre of Hurghada, about 10 min by taxi from the Airport (50 LE=Egyptian Pounds max, taxi drivers tend to ask for more money, fix the price in advance). Ideal location by the red sea, and we were in a nice sea facing room (cool minibar too). Being on the centre was very nice as we could stroll along the shops on the main street. Staff was friendly and helpfull, and the food was nice too (buffet style - continental). The swiming pool was small but very pleasent. The beach was a bit stony in the first 10 metres or so (all of them are in this part of the world, so I was told), but nice clear water. It appeared that there were more Germans and Russians compare to other nationalities but it didn't bother us at all. We where all having fun together. The evening entertainments was fabulous but short. My kids had fun too. We did a day trip to Cairo and because we had an early start, the hotel was kind to give us all packed breakfast and also served us dinner when we came back late, that night. I think this was a nice gesture from them as it was outside the normal meal times.
All in all a nice place to relax and have fun."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of June 2006

Dump

"Don't go,if your English only fit for Egyptian out of 300 rooms there were only 10 used by the English screaming kids all day parents did not look after them not a relaxing holiday at all."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of October 2016

Please stay away!!!! Disgusting!

"The worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I have stayed in many.

Where do I start!!!

Terrible customer service. No interest in being helpful. From walking into the prion at 9.30 at night, we were not given a polite welcome, no hello, nothing, just took our booking detail, gave us a key, no hotel information, no meal times, nothing. Not even offered a thing to eat even though then knew we were arriving.

Dark and small rooms unless you pay over the odds price for deluxe rooms. Only one English channel which is a film channel.

Food is disgusting. Same rubbish everyday.

Very basic hygiene, food uncovered so flies are all over. Full of Egyptians and small children running around shouting and screaming all the time. Canteen( and it is) is dirty, Sane as the cutlery and glasses. Instant coffee, no machine in main canteen.

Most of the staff are grumpy and unhelpful. Guest relations and animation ladies were the only salvation.

Spend a little more because you will spend more going out for food. We have all had stomach issues and have had to go to chemist to get stronger medication after taking the English medication we brought with us.

If you have booked this hotel then I would strongly recommend you try and change it. You will be really disappointed. There are many more that are much nicer and cater more for their foreign guests. This hotel doesn't at all. PLEASE take heed, I wish we had!

• Travel date: Mon 19th of September 2016

Hotels near MinaMark Beach Resort

Stayed at MinaMark Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for MinaMark Beach Resort

• kellyutd by kellyutd

"A fantastic location and not far from the airport....we prefered this to Sharm El Sheik "

• kellyutd by kellyutd

"Paradise Island/Snorkelling trip / Mahmya Island day trip and Jungle Aqua Park "

• MORA by MORA

"“Very bad place don`t go... so dirty” "

• Jb69 by Jb69

"Try to book somewhere else "

MinaMark Beach Resort is also called