Magawish Village & Resort

Magawish, Hurghada Egypt

amazing, unforgatbale vacation

Reviewed Wed 20th of February 2013

"we just came back from magawish , hurghada. we stayed 4 nights and found it very nice, clean and comfortable place to stay in. my wife wanted to stay more but we had to come back cause we couldn't change our confirmed flight. in general, we were very pleased by the friendly staff every where and especially at manta restuarant.

it was amazing vaction for all of us. we definatly will come back."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of May 2009

Great - must go back

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"My husband and I just got back from Magawish Resort and feel more refreshed than any of our times to Sharm El Sheikh. You get a good feeling about the place as soon as you walk into their spacious, comfortable lobby. Our check-in was smooth (and it was a national holiday weekend here in Egypt, and very busy in general). Our room was neat and tidy. We had a great room with a queen/king sized bed overlooking the Lotus pool on the second floor. I think that a room in one of the Lotus Pool buildings is the best - not too near the bars at the resort to hear loud music, but close enough to the main restaurant with a pool right outside. A walk to the beach is only 10 minutes from here. This hotel bathroom was the cleanest I have ever seen in any 4 or 5-star hotel in Egypt. The food was amazing - something different every day for lunch and dinner, which is impressive since it is all buffet. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful, especially the staff in the Manta Restaurant where all of the buffet meals are served. I suggest just going with all-inclusive for your stay.
The grounds in between areas seemed to be "under construction" so to say, with not much grass in between areas, but the areas themselves - the pools, the chalet grounds, the beaches - were nicely done. When you go to the beach, stick with the beach to the right when you face the ocean - this one has no little rocks, although the other one is fine.
Overall, I really hope I can come back here again - we never left the grounds of the resort as we felt we had everything we needed there, including food and entertainment."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of April 2009

Normal choice if you're not picky

Reviewed Tue 19th of February 2013

"I've just wanted to relax alone and read couple of books - I have no time to do it at home currently.
The only real thing I personally really disliked at Magawish is noise (probably from planes staying and waiting take-off at the airport). 5km - too close.
Other things are more or less suitable for the money I paid for it (about $70 per night AI)."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of April 2009

Legend in their own mind...

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"It was listed as close to town. It wasn't. It was close to the airport, but we didn't come in from there. Once at the resort, we had to go through about three different guard stations to get to reception. Reception was not very receptive. Snubbed is the word that comes to mind. We were only there one night but that was because we had to get back to Cairo to catch a plane, and really wanted to see the Red Sea. Our room did not sound like the ones described in some of the reviews listed on this site, or the pictures posted on Expedia. It was a small room with two twins and a pull out sofa bed, and older furniture which was marked and scratched. Very 60's-motel style. Listed with bathtub, there was only a shower. Very disappointing, constantly changing stream from dribble to normal, the temperature was also uneven. This was one of the bungalows near a place where some garbage was dumped...5-7 minute walk from room to restaurant where meals were served. The restaurant area was nicer than the room, also did not look like photos. Many Russian and Italian guests. Buffet was large and plentiful; the food, very nice in appearance. To be fair, the Manta restaurant employees were very, very nice. Nice umbrellas and chairs near beach, looked like photos. Exercise class on the beach seemed fun (did not participate). Couples and families with children were all there, everyone happy. Camel and horse back rides available, enjoyed the camel ride. There is also a dive shop to schedule dives and snorkeling, we did not do this. We did take the glass-bottom boat to look at the coral, which we enjoyed very much. They really rushed us out of our room, don't know why. The resort didn't seem like it was going to be packed. We did use their car back to town, and it was the nicest vehicle we rode in the entire week we were in Egypt. I think it was a Hyundai. We really felt they wanted us out of there. We could have stayed at the Intercontinental for almost the same price. The photos were what sold me, and that was what was so very disappointing. The bungalow's outward appearance had a certain charm, with a small "porch" to sit and view the sea, your own little private space. And pleasant enough inside, for about $60, maybe $70 dollars. But for over $100 dollars, we definitely would not have come."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of March 2009

Love Magawish

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"Awesome place with really nice and helpfull staff. I spent there only one week and I really regreted, that I didn't booked another one. Be sides I have never seen such a professional animiation team like I did in Magawish. These people are really involed in what they are doing and they are doing it great. Really impressive. Be sides food was fine and appeals to me. Despite the fact, that dishes were more continental in my humble opinion they were very similiar to european food, so no wonder, that meals were very tasty. When it comes to bungalows,in wich tourist are obliged to sleep. At the very begining I was frightened, but then I realized that not so bad they are. This resort is spacious. Thanks for such an accomodation you have feeling of privacy and in general these area is really calm. And the last, but not the least-beach-really wonderfull, magnificant,fabolous!!! But the one thing I can complain about are people, who are working in such places like massage center, beauty center , who all the time're disturbing customers on the beach and encourage them to they offers. It might be one disadvantage of this hotel. But nevertheless my holidays there were wonderfull , I really did enjoy my time and certainly I will be back. Greeting for all, who was in Magawish in the end of January 2009:)!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of February 2009

Very nicw hotel

Reviewed Sat 9th of February 2013

"We was in Magawish Swiss Inn just one weak but it was great time!!! Very nice beach and rooms not bad (we were staying in corpus area it calls "Lotus") rooms quite big and clean - that was very important for us. Staff friendly and helpfully and they not bothering you, they will come for only when you need it. And the food......... chef for sweets fantastic!!!!! We couldn't stop eat it!!!
Next vacation in Egypt sure will be in this hotel again."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of January 2009

Fantastic hotel and beach ambience

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"This is one 4* beach resort that has the potential for a 5* rating. The chalet-type rooms are great. Lots of open air space in between chalets spread out over a hugh beach-front property of its own. Fantastic beach with crystal clear waters. Resort is also within swimming distance to a large knee-deep land bank in the middle of the sea (just about 400 meters out from the shores of the resort). Beautiful corals and marine life surround this land bank. There is even a heated open air swimming pool which is nice for a dip when it is chilly in winter. Great to have almost everything inclusive including drinks in between meals. Many cafes to choose from.
But it falls short of being 5* unfortunately. House keeping service can improve. The beds are old and mattress quite worn out. Only in-house phones in the rooms. To make external local or international calls, need to do so at the reception.

Overall, good experience."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of December 2008

sooooooooo excited,i'll back there every year

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"we are regular guest to this magic magawish resort from 2002till now we all,adults and children ,enjoyed our time there. anyone have no time to waiste there,from the beach to pools to animation and parties.also food is v. good.all of the staff r soooooooooooo kind smily.i'll back there every year.i love it"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of August 2008

Very nice!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Food was excellent, everyday something different. Lot's of chocolate in all kinds of shapes and colors, too. Staff in restaurant was great and very friendly. I remember one guy from Asuan who was the main attraction there. His appearance was unique.

Resort is so spacy, great for couples with kids. Beach is the best in whole Hurghada (that is general opinion which I strongly support). 1.5km long. One half is with shallow water and the other one normal for swimming with colorfull fish and corals. Great for snorkling. Rooms looks old but it's clean, cold and with big beds. Very quiet, great for rest.

Only problem would be that if you want to go to the center, there is about 500m to get to the main street where you can catch bus or taxi. Can't wait to go there again(in just two months)!"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of July 2008

Old, dirty, not good

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Well this is one of the hotels that needs to be completly renovate. As you probably know 5 star hotel in Egypt is different that 5star hotel somewhere else. Magawish is 4star, but in my opinion it should be 2. The restaurant is very dirty, no choice of food, dirty glasses, dirty tables. The bungalows are very old, no greens around, they have cocrouchs in rooms, so if you have any other choice, go somewhere else. The beach is the only thing which is better then in other hotels."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of May 2008

Hotels near Magawish Village & Resort

Stayed at Magawish Village & Resort? Share your insight.

Magawish Village & Resort is also called