Jasmine swimming pool

We'll be back here !

Reviewed 21st November 2013

"Lovely, helpful, friendly staff. Food good, considering the size of the establishment, with a choice of dishes in the various restaurants available in the grounds. Accommodation - attractive individual 'chalets' entered under bougainvillea covered entrances. Direct access to the beach, and to the dive center which is based there. We'll go back."

• Travel date: 21st November 2013

Another happy holiday!

Reviewed 6th March 2012

"We have stayed at the Jasmine Hotel for four times now - the last being just 3 weeks ago. We have always found something to eat and have certainly not been hungry at any time. If you wish to eat at the other hotels, you have to book at aleast a day in advance and numbers are restricted. The Pool bar and restaurant are great for lunch. The staff have always been very polite - Ahmed on the beach is brilliant with guests, always smiling and very helpful. The rooms are spacious if a little dated. However, they are embarking on refurbishment of some of the rooms. Bedding is clean and towels are changed daily. The shower in our room (517)was amazing! There are plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas on the beach. Clean towels are supplied daily. All in all, we would go back to the Jasmine Village Beach Hotel."

• Travel date: 5th March 2012

Nightmare in Hurghada

Reviewed 15th March 2010

" I have travelled far and wide, visited a good mix of places including other parts of Egypt and this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I rarely complain and basically always make the best of things but this place made this simple task almost impossible. I was “all inclusive” and having received payment upfront the hotel did all it could to ensure you received as little as possible in return. Food was appalling, virtually nothing but stews in the evening; given different names but tasting all the same. Breakfast and lunch were of the same mode. Boring, unimaginative and made as cheaply as possible. Fruit was almost nonexistent. Staffs were mainly unhelpful, often rude and even getting simple things like a glass of water or a cup of coffee could take forever. Glasses were not washed properly and your drink of water would taste of whatever the previous drink had been. Bars were often closed. Most of the time only one person and a few waiters would be serving from the one bar that was open. This was for the entire hotel. The sea washed up rubbish onto the beach which would be closed for health reasons in Britain. As soon as the wind blew it was impossible to swim as the beach and sea were taken over by kite and wind surfers. The swimming pool was more like sardines in a tin on sunbeds. At the south end of the beach a waste pipe was holed and waste spiralled into the sea. This hotel was a nightmare. I told the rep I would leave early if possible. I counted the days down. And I stopped swimming in the sea when a stray “turd” floated by my head. I could go on and on...Feral cats soiling the corridors..flea bites..etc etc Go to Marsa Alam it is wonderful Egypt, go anywhere, just not here "

• Travel date: 14th March 2010

great holiday

Reviewed 26th August 2009

"Had a great time here, had read some reviews before I left so was a little sceptical. We arrived and I insisted a room with a balcony which we got no problem. The rooms were cleaned every day so we gave our wee cleaner a tip which made him clean it even more. I found the bar staff lovely and again we gave one a tip as he always went out his way to serve us. There are a lot of Germans and Russians but we didn't really mix with them but we did mix with the 20 odd other Scottish folk there and we had some laugh. I booked flights to Cairo before we left for Egypt via EgyptAir and I would definately recommend this as it is a lot cheaper, we also booked a hotel and guide via the internet beforehand. The food was not great and yes my mum and daughter were both sick and I had a dodgy stomach and couldn't eat for 4 days. I got friendly with one of the guys at the shops who had a car so he took me into town most nights especially to a lovely French restaurant at the harbour as well as Hed Kandi and KFC. The beach was amazing and a lot cooler than the pool. All in all you get what you pay for and I would go back here in a minute. The hotel needs to do something about the sickness though as it can really spoil things. "

• Travel date: 23rd August 2009

overall had a good family holiday

Reviewed 30th June 2009

"We arrived at Hurghada airport, must be the worst airport I've been to in my life. There we got visas had to que for ages. Were met by our transfer to the hotel, got to the coach where they load your suitcases on (and the man putting the cases on wants a tip!! basically if you go top Egypt you have to expect these things its part of there culture, any where you go in Egypt you will get this no matter what hotel or area you stay in). When we got to the hotel we were taken to our room and our suitcases. The room was lovely i went away with my partner and a 22mth old little boy and there was plenty of room for his pram, toys and bed. The t.v. also had English cartoons so when getting ready he could watch them. We found the staff were very polite and helpful, always talking and shaking hands with my little boy. But some staff can be full on saying they like you but just say your happily married even if your not and they will leave you alone. The food wasn't good but we all had something to eat every meal time. The pizza's around the pool were nice tho. You can also use the other swimming pools in the Aladdin and ali baba hotels and if you book with reception you can eat at different restaurants aswell. The beach is close to the hotel and you can get on a free mini train to beach from the hotel. There is entertainment in the evenings in all 3 hotels at the jasmine it was at the percola bar on the beach and it's free except friday nights as its a snow party that costs 10 egyptian pounds. Overall we all enjoyed our week holiday here and wish we had gone for 2. ( if you dont expect to much you wont be disappointed). "

• Travel date: 29th June 2009

Call it a holiday :(

Reviewed 16th June 2009

"i really dont know where to start...well first of all getting there was fine and easy checking in was easy ect ect then our bags got took the the room and he expected a tip was not happy at all with this wanted more money from us. we was starving from the plane journey and all they had was scrivelled up crap they i wouldnt even give to a dog~!!! everyday they have the same slop even if they have something good it will all be gone from the greedy russians and germans who do not understand the meaning of a que and push in all the time, The english are treated as dirt on there shoes. We went there for a relaxing holiday which it was far from this,first couple of days was fine on the beach then you start to get hasseled by the waiters "WHERE YOU FROM" and wanting to take pictures of you in your swimwear....they do not listen to you even if you are with your partner they also up the price for things if they know you are english and try and con money out of you. The rooms and the housecleaners are polite as anything and are not pervy in anyway you can have the room cleaned daily if you would like they do a good job We went on the safari trip which was well worth the money but the submarine trip was not worth it at all as didnt get to see much coral or anything. We made a trip to the town centre and we felt soo threatened shop keepers trying to drag you in shops you are not safe alone...dont be scared to haggle but they up the price as i said Also me and my fiance had food poisoning from the food ...as did 15 people from the hotel in hospital (10 were english) there is no choice what soo ever....Suppose to be all inclusive but you have to pay for ice cream ...fruit...fruit juice...crisps the list is endless The drink is crap all watered down soo overall i would never go back to this hotel ...i would advise if you are thinking of going to this hotel please note : 1.Do not have blonde hair or blue eyes 2.cant BE ENGLISH 3.You will have to have a strong stomach and not a fussy eater 4.Go in a group (dont even think of going alone BIG MISTAKE) "

• Travel date: 15th June 2009

WARNING

Reviewed 15th June 2009

"Well where do i start, 95% of the staff are perverts and want pictures of any young blond girl or any woman who has the misfortune of staying there, OK if you're Gary glitter. The food is the same shriveled up tasteless muck every night, and judging by the 15 people not including myself that were admitted to hospital for SEVERE FOOD POISONING in one night it obviously wasn't graced with meeting the oven, Even a member of staff pointed out that 30 people have been admitted in the last TWO and a half months and can take up to 4 days to even start to recover.... and don't i know, oh and for the pleasure of throwing you're guts up the stomach pains and diarrhea the hospital will want close to 200 English pounds. If you want to relax theres a private beach were you'll be forever hassled to buy cocktails, mango and water melon and of course if you're a woman even with you're husband/boyfriend they'll want a picture and a kiss even when you both say no, yes like fly's round [--] they wont go away by you asking nor telling them to. If you buy something like a cocktail don't expect to get you're change back not at least with out a fight, if its a large amount of change due back don't expect to even see that waiter again on that night. On the plus side, take all the perverts away cook food properly and it would be the ideal place to go, the scenery is lovely and the rooms are top notch. "

• Travel date: 12th June 2009

hotel

Reviewed 29th March 2009

"stayed at the jasmine beach from the 16..27 march 09 the rooms were ok cleaned every day , this is one of three hotels which you can use in the complex ,you can eat at the other hotels by booking with reception,the hotel is mainly made up of russians who can be very rude to staff and other guests ,what lets this hotel down is its standard of food which is very poor,the hotel is laid out over a large area with swimming pool which does get very busy early ,my other point is if you go into hurghada town be very careful as we were pickpocketed although they got nothing ,we went straight back to hotel and did not go to the town again, apart from this we still had a good holiday,but would not go back to this hotel or hurghada"

• Travel date: 29th March 2009

Inedable Food

Reviewed 16th March 2009

"The food was totally inedable, this is the worst hotel i have been to in the middle east, by the middle of the week we were starving. Had to go into town to get some proper food. The beer was either warm or tasted off, the Russians dominate the place and are very rude, therefore the staff are not as friendly as in Sharm due to the way they are treated. Even in the 2 other hotels nearby the food was the same, so bad - how can they produce such tasteless rubbish. It totally spoilt my weeks holiday, thank goodness for the sun otherwise i would have been really savage."

• Travel date: 16th March 2009

terrible food

Reviewed 12th March 2009

"i have just come back from jasmine beach...i was there for two weeks..it is a lovely clean hotel..staff are nice except one barman..young curly hair in the lobby bar..a few english people had a problem with him being so rude..i just think he doesnt like english people..because he was fine with the germans...other staff great...the beach is lovely and the grounds of the hotel are really nice..plenty off day trips out..i didnt do the trips myself..but people i spoke to really enjoyed the qadbikes and snorkling and the glass bottom boat..they were dissapointed with the submarine....my partner went shopping in hurghada and found it a nightmare..with the hassle you get from the shop keepers..he wanted to come back after 20mins...its a shame because if they realised you would buy things if they didnt hassle you..they just put you off...the service you get from murhamad ali the young waiter in the lobby bar is excelent...he was so friendly and polite throughout our stay..the entertainment is not very good...i had read reviews on this hotel before i went and some really worried me about going there...there is only one thing that i can really say was the truth and that was the food...the food was terrible i had one hot meal in 2 weeks...and the only food you get is fish..chicken..and beef..and rice and potatoes every day...the pancakes were nice outside..and stirfry wasnt to bad..the germans loved it..the hotel doesnt cater for english people at all...all though the breakfast was nice..eggs hotdogs beans and tomatoes..and you can have a much as you want..i have read some reviews and they say you only get one egg..that is not true you can have as many as you want..if they done something about the food i would go back to jasmine beach again..the weather was great..although it does get very windy some days..but it is still hot..rooms cleaned and beds changed every day clean towels every day..really really clean hotel...just please hot food and a bit of english food would be nice..and then i would go back..."

• Travel date: 12th March 2009

We stayed A/I at this hotel in July 2008...

Reviewed 16th August 2008

"We stayed A/I at this hotel in July 2008,not very many english speaking guests,mainly Russain and Germans,therefore the food and entertainment caters for them. The service from the hotel staff varies greatly.The staff in the lobby bar are very poor,constantly running out of glasses and directing you to the outside bar.The pool and beach bar staff give better service,but the glasses are not clean. My sister in-law has 2 young children 7&5 and the entertainment for them was very poor,as there was very few english speaking entertainers or guests. The rooms are basic but cleaned daily, however a tip to the maid will ensure a better supply of towels and water. Overall a nice hotel except for the russian guests,who are very rude and the poor quality of food,even in the a la catre restaurant.(which you pay extra for). PS breakfast is the best meal of the day as we discovered on the last day,alternatively take a taxi to the Hard Rock cafe where you will not be disappointed. We would go back to Egypt because the weather is fantastic but not to this hotel!"

• Travel date: 16th August 2008

I had read the comments on this resort ...

Reviewed 2nd July 2008

"I had read the comments on this resort and i must say i was abit aprrehensive.The hotel was great, clean rooms abit dated but i must say was cleraned every day clean sheets every day if you wanted.Staff at the restaurant was nice and friendly, reviews said they werent i was so impressed with them.The russians and germans were very igno0rant pushin to get food like it was there last meal. Every day you had bottles of water left in your fridge for free and they have sum british movie channels and world news. The hotel was massive lots goin on lost of places to eat.You can also eat in the aladin hotel and ali babrba which are the next 2 hotels by jasmine.. You can barter taxi down to 15 lei outside hotel dont pay no more than 20.it is like a good 10/15 min drive to town dont get in taxi and go to taxi man friends shop yourl get ripp off ask to be dropped of at mc donalds as that main shoppin area. Heat was like 43 i used a sunbed before i went out so i didnt burn and i still got 2nd degree burns so be careful. From hotel i did a snorklin trip with hotel rep 15 quid but was a brill day saw dolphines etc dont go with hotel dive centre his was 25 quid..guys always tryin to get u to go bother u when by pool.. Food was ok fresh pizza by poooll wotever toppin u want or hot food in restaurant.. Glasses run out at man bar that was bout all i had to fault. These people work long hours for 30 quid a month so a small tip to these people is appreciated...For 74 quid a week all inclusive this hotel is so well worth it we goin back in oct. Open me window 1 am and a camel was walkin by you dont see that in uk...lol brill ant holiday you must go.. I am always complaning bout holidays but this was just the best...plenty of brits there.. "

• Travel date: 2nd July 2008

Hotels near Jasmine Village Hotel

Top traveller tips for Jasmine Village Hotel

• by Lize

"The staff really appreciated if you attempted some words or phrases in Arabic although they all spoke excellent English - and other language..."

• by bluke18

"Just avoid it..Go anywhere but here"

• "Cairo, the French restaurant at the Harbour"

• by miss england

"We mainly stayed by pool side as we took at 22mth old. "

• by miss england

"Take anti-diarrhoea tablets as the food could make you go to the toilet alot..."

• by Tash578

"Safari on quad bikes absolutely fab"

• by viper1

"the best thing by far is the super safari on quad bikes"

• by caz2727

"Fresh sea fish in town"

• by caz2727

"Good, but because of so many russians they spoil it for others."

• by christineann