Awful hotel

Reviewed Sat 11th of August 2018

"Very bad service, they're giving you one bottle of small water for 24hrs, in the bar they're giving tap worm water, when you ask for ice they says no ice, they're charging for Wi-Fi, they're charging for spa and Turkish both, food is not good at all, my children couldn't eat, I had to take them to KFC everyday, kids shows are very far from the hotel, no AC in the restaurant and bar's not enough beds in the swimming pools, the works are not serving you good unless you give them tips, I would say this hotel is not more than 2 stars."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2018

25th wedding anniversary

Reviewed Thu 5th of March 2009

"This hotel is AMAZING!! the people are lovely, the food was fresh daily. the view was just as the photos showed.
this is a lovely spot, nice and relaxing!
Recommend it to anyone. families would be grand over there too, its a safe place despite all the police reports. "

• Travel date: Thu 5th of March 2009

This was the greatest holiday ever! The...

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2007

"This was the greatest holiday ever!

The food was amazing, fresh fruit, meat, and cake every night; there was a huge selection and it varied everyday.

The room was kept very clean and they were very large and roomy. The staff were also very polite and the pool and private beach are out of this world.

The only downside is that upon leaving the hotel it’s like a war zone, very poverty stricken and all the Egyptian people want to do is rip of the English.

I think this is a great holiday and would recommend it to anyone.

• Travel date: Wed 28th of November 2007

This was the worst holiday I have ever b...

Reviewed Thu 28th of June 2007

"This was the worst holiday I have ever been on, 2 adults travelled for 2 weeks departing Manchester, flight, and transfer fine.

Hotel shabby not even 3 star, by day 3 we both had horrendous stomach cramps, this continued the whole of the holiday and when we came home, despite taking all precautions.

There were 4 English people at the Hotel the remaining guests, over a thousand were Russian, no English was spoken, and they were to say the least rude and offensive.

By the fourth day the hotel decided to paint most of the rooms in our corridor, the smell of paint was dreadful, we were given another room thankfully.

Food was very poor what little we ate soup bread roll and bottled water only.

Having travelled the world including many trips to Egypt, this was the most disastrous holiday ever we didn't think we would get home alive.

Could not wait to get home."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of June 2007

Rooms large and clean. Linen very good q...

Reviewed Tue 27th of February 2007

"Rooms large and clean. Linen very good quality. Pool area clean and spacious.

Restaurant :Food bland and poor quality cuts of meat. Main fault food was always only luke warm even the soup (even if you went in the restaurant when it opened.)

Drinks are served in white plastic cups even shorts. Olympic state that glasses are available for the English but it depends on the waiter whether he has any or not!

Entertainment a little limited, main events were outside in the amphitheatre but it was to cold in January for this.

Mainly Russians there was only 24 English in the hotel over our 2 week stay.

Would not stay there again."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of February 2007

Bed Bugs in the rooms

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"I stayed there for one week, this past August 2006, with big family, six rooms in total, my brother found many bed bugs in his kids bed (hungry for blood) it was a nightmare. They changed the room for him, but the damage was done. This was my second stay at this hotel, but no more. Otherwise , pool is great, food and beach are OK."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of November 2006

There are better hotels

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We stayed here for our honeymoon from 15th Sept to 29th Sept 2006. I booked this holiday through Olympic holidays (via Appollo Travel) earlier in the year. Whilst I was pleased with the service from Appollo Travel, Olympic were completely unhelpful and rude. I suffer from a severe allergy to nuts and both companies were made aware of this due to the difficulties this causes.
I read a review regarding this hotel on tripadvisor a few weeks before we went and was very concerned with remarks made about lack of labels on the food. I called Olympic to ask about this and whether we could either move hotels or they could help with the situation - I was told "this is not our problem, you should have thought of this when you booked"! They refused to speak to me about this issue and when Appollo tried to help, they refused to speak to them also. Not the sort of customer service I expect from such a company - avoid booking with them, we won't be again.
The hotel itself is certainly not a 4 star - 3 at a push. Our room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. Housekeeping was wonderful, cleaned every day by a very polite chap who turned down the bed and folded any clothes we had left out.
The pool was ok, refreshing in the heat but be prepared for the many Russians, Polish and Czechs taking LOADS of pictures all day, every day!
The reception staff were very poor and didn't really take any notice of questions asked.
The hotel was absolutely packed with Russians, Polish and Czechs - there was only 5 British in our 1st week and 10 in our 2nd. We felt extremely alienated and ignored, no other guests were friendly and you have to fight for a drink or any food. Don't expect any queues, pushing and shoving happens in the restaurant at every meal. We found the food ok but due to having bad stomachs, being pushed about and there not being much left (due to the gluttony of many guests), we ate out most evenings. We had actually paid for all inclusive but if you want to go, half board would be better.
Our rep from Odyssey (Omar) was brilliant. He told us all about the resort, food, money, excursions and wrote in arabic a sheet about my allergy for the restaurant and shops. He organised 4 trips for us - Cairo, a glass bottom boat trip, Shalm el Naga and Mahmya beach. We paid a very reasonable price for these, they were all accompanied by very knowledgable guides and we thoroughly ejoyed them all. The snorkelling was fantastic, Cairo was manic but wonderful (the museum especially) and the beaches great.
Please go to Papas bar and Rossis Italian resturant - the staff were great and the food lovely.
Tipping - you will find that everyone wants money. You can't even go to the toilet without the women making you pay for toilet roll - take your own!
Overall it was an ok holiday - not what we expected for our honeymoon and when we go again we'll be booking through a better travel company.
Weather was fabulous though....."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of September 2006

The hotel has excellent swimming pool an...

Reviewed Tue 12th of September 2006

"The hotel has excellent swimming pool and private beaches, all aspects of the hotel are nice, clean and well maintained.

The hotel is German owned so a majority of guests are from Germany and Eastern Europe therefore the hotel caters more for this market than other nationalities. Food wise unless you’re adventurous and enjoy cold meat for breakfast then this hotel is not for you. You will not get a full English and chips are hard to come by as well.

If you’re all inclusive then the alcohol drinks are limited to beer, we had to pay for spirits and fruit juices.

The resort is still developing, the local sites consist of hotel, hotel and more hotels, very limited shops and it's not recommended to be alone outside the hotel in the evenings.

We stayed for New Years Eve and expected some cultural entertainment, as this was advertised, eating chicken in a tent, isn't very cultural, this hotel has great potential so hopefully in the next 5 - 10 years it will be much better."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of September 2006

appalling service - dont go here

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Here is an extract of the letter of complaint I sent to Olympic holidays, our travel agent as soon as I got back to UK. Dont stay here you will be dissappointed.

UNSATISFACTORY HOLIDAY

I have just returned from 2 weeks in Hurghada Egypt, 11-25 Aug 2006, staying at the Sea Gull Hotel Resort. I am sorry to say that the hotel and the service it provided was appalling, and not up to the standard I would expect from Olympic Holidays.

I am not normally one to complain, but I do feel driven to bring this to your attention so something can be done about it. So many British people in the hotel spoke of the same points that I have outlined below.

I do not believe the The Sea Gull Hotel in Hurghada is providing the kind of service and customer satisfaction that Olympic Holidays customers deserve and expect. I would encourage you to investigate my points thoroughly, and consider removing this hotel from your brochure.

Food. The food was bland, repetitive and despite being well presented was of poor quality. Too many guests are expected to eat in too small a restaurant, resulting in a “feeding time at the zoo” scenario with everyone barging and jostling. The chefs who were ‘show cooking’ did not understand the concept of vegetarianism, and used the same utensils and pans with meat and vegetables. They spoke no English and efforts to explain that my wife was vegetarian were met with very blank expressions. The pre-prepared buffet style salads often had meat mixed in them. No food was labeled as vegetarian at all. Vegetarians and nut allergy sufferers went hungry.

All of the English guests who traveled to Hurghada and stayed with us in the Sea Gull complained of stomache upsets after eating in the restaurant. I am not surprised as the hygiene of the waiters and chefs was appalling. Wiping their sweaty brows, hair, nose, moustaches with their hands then the next second laying the table in front of you, or pouring a drink from the bar. Several of the waiters really smelled bad, even at 7.00 am, this was very off putting. I attempted to complain several times but the language barrier was unbreachable.

At no time were any all inclusive drinks offered to dining guests by the waiters, only fresh juice that you had to pay for was offered (it was hardly fresh the waiter had been walking around with the ‘fresh juice’ for hours). No real glasses were available, all drinks were served in tiny, disposable, plastic party cups, hardly the 4* All Inclusive treatment I was expecting.

Drinks. The all inclusive drinks, although of fair quality were poorly presented, I believe in such a way as to discourage you from wanting one. A dirty dripping cola dispenser with a mountain of filthy, tiny, cheap and disposable cups next to it is not appealing, and attempting to relax by the pool with a tiny, cheap, filthy disposable plastic cup of warm, stale beer is impossible and not what I expect from a true ‘all inclusive’ resort. The bars looked awful, had no atmosphere and the bar tenders again often smelled bad, displayed poor hygiene, spoke little English and were not welcoming. Bottled water was only available at meal times, the rest of the day filtered water was served by the tiny plastic cup.

Health Club. The health club at the resort was thoroughly disappointing. The reception hall was always full of clouds of smoke from the 3 ‘health club’ professionals there who smoked continuously. When I challenged them about this they told me the manager goes there to smoke too! The health club equipment was from Eastern Europe of low quality, and too small for me to use (I am only 6’1) as my legs were too long for both the exercise bikes. The running machine was out of order all the time. When I told the smoking staff about this they just shrugged and puffed away. I did not feel like a valued customer at all.

Pool Side. Relaxing by the pool was continuously interrupted by salesmen from the marina trying to sell you diving, snorkeling, boat trips, massage, mouldy ‘fresh’ juice. This is not acceptable in a 4* All Inclusive resort. If a quiet moment could be found it was often shattered by speaker shakingly loud music played at random times throughout the day.

Check Out. Check out was at 1200 hrs, there was a massive queue to check out but only one of the three staff at reception was processing checkouts. Our flight was not until 1810 hrs. No courtesy room was offered for changing or showering (and when I asked the receptionist just laughed). There was no secure area to put our bags in, and our all inclusive wrist bands were removed and we were told “no more food, no more drink unless you pay”. We were also accused of wanting to steal the beach towels because we asked if we could keep them until just before we left. As you can imagine we did not feel like respected and valued customers.

I invite you to re-assess the quality of service Sea Gull Hotel Resort in Hurghada provides your valued customers. I am sure you will come to the same conclusion as me that it is sub standard.

You should not be happy presenting this resort to potential customers as a 4* All Inclusive with the Olympic Holidays seal of approval in its current state. Your customers deserve and demand much higher standards.

Your chosen airline carrier – Excel Airways has also delivered sub standard service. On the return flight XLA5247 HRG-LGW on 25 Aug 06 they managed to loose about one hundred passengers luggage, mine included. A copy of my letter of complaint to them is enclosed for your information. I would urge you to use another more competent carrier.

On the positive side, your resort representatives were excellent, spoke perfect English, were friendly and knowledgeable, always available and smart and tidy. The excursions arranged by Odyssey were also excellent. The massive let down was the Hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of August 2006

This hotel is rated a 4 star, and I agre...

Reviewed Mon 28th of August 2006

"This hotel is rated a 4 star, and I agree, the rooms are cleaned regularly, and they are in good condition, the food is good, and pool is superb!!

But, outside of the hotel is more like Bagdad!!! There is sand everywhere, everybody wants to sell you something and they all beep their horn at you. Even though the hotel was great and the hotel staff are pleasant, you can not help but wonder why every English family gets ill!

Many people vomit; have the runs and stomach cramps!! This is because the water was filthy in the pool and from the tap. Bottled water is available but I strongly suggest not to drink from the taps. The heat is immense but the hotel is worth a 3-4 star rating, we would not go again though.

• Travel date: Mon 28th of August 2006

never ever again

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Me and my boyfriend visited hurghada in first week of August. at home, at our agency, we were told, that the hotel is nice, but just on our arrival, our local guide started waring us... do not be surprised to get bad rooms, we can change it the day after. ... And so was, our room had a nice view on roof of building next to the hotel, just below our room was a bar with live music, the started to sing at midnight and finished around four... the sound was terrible, like being in the middle of disco... we are young, but, this was really somethnig that you are not pleased to listen. The smell on our balcony was also something I will never forget... mixture of perfume and garbage.. and this smell was almost everywhere... also on the way to the restaurat and the result of it was, taht I could not eat anything... the most of dishes was tasteless... nad at the end, we, just after two day, get sick... As we can say, that we did not eat or drink, nowhere else tan in the hotel, we get the bacils or viruses in the hotel... As we are quite aware of waht to do in such occasions, and had the hole pharmacy with us, we did not visited doctor, the most of our group, had to do some, and some had to visited also the hospital... The staff was quite nice, except the guy at the door, who kept on asking us if we were the guests of the hotel... for about two times per day... it was really unpleasnt, as we cuold be some terrorists or someone alike...the hotel was full of Abarbic pleople....and so on... I don't want to continue!
Really dissapointed!"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of August 2006

RECOMMEND!!!!!!!

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Only wish could have stayed 2 weeks!!!! WE really enjoyed this place! We were treated very well.
Came with a tour group at very cheap rate-were upgraded to suite-but saw the regular rooms-which were large-and had nice balconies
Service was exceptional!!!
The buffet got really old by the third day-but the food was okay. Breakfast was really good. We just did HB and that seemed to be the best value.
It's a very touristy area-but the resort is great. Nice beach area-and pool. Left valuables in room, no problem.
PROBLEM: The only problem we had in 8 nights is that we were close to the outdoor speakers and the music doesn't get turned off until 11pm.
Also, everyone in Egypt got sick-it just happens. But, get travelers insurance and you can visit the clinic there and get meds that will fix up your stomache in one day.
Take a day trip to Cairo-and check out the coral reef!
WE had a perfect trip and I would recommend SeaGull to friends and family."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of April 2006

Hotels near SeaGull Beach Resort

Top traveller tips for SeaGull Beach Resort

• nayana by nayana

"Amazing! Worth a trip.. "

• nayana by nayana

"Sardina fish restaurant "

SeaGull Beach Resort is also called