Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort

Unfortunately a mess!!!

Reviewed Tue 7th of April 2015

"We booked a holiday for 2 weeks and although we gave them 10 Euros at the reception they put us in a room without balcony, can you imagine that!!!??? They promised us a better room, but then they put us in a almost worse one with sight on a dirty roof. We had to fuss and fight until they gave us a better room and we have almost lost a day because of changing the room. They were lying and lying at the reception. They told me for example, we had to wait for 1 hour until the new room would be cleaned up. By purpose, I immediately went to have a look at the 4th floor if the new room was not cleaned yet, and see, it was!! So why wait?? Just a shame for Marriott!!
The old food was precooked in another form every day. For dinner there was quite a lot of choice, but for lunch the buffet was very small. Only 2 or 3 biscuits as sweets, horrible salads, hard beef or chicken. No fantasy! Fruits only for breakfast and very little and old. All in all a shame for Marriott. The coffee and the fresh juice were very good.
The managers were quite friendly, but the waitress boys were not functioning without bagschisch!!! Some working boys were really very unfriendly. Actually, to the Arab citizens they all were very friendly. But the other nations were quite ignored. As all Inclusive guest you had to sign an account every time you were asking for a drink. Room quite ok. Cleaning quite good, but only against bagschisch. The swimming pool was very dirty. For whole Marriott just one bar for the evening. Good thing was Sauna for free!! The best thing in the hotel was the beach!! Beautiful sandy beach, the sea without corals. Just the many ships around may make the sea dirty.

Our purpose of the holiday was to be daily at the beach and swimming in the sea. As this was perfect it really saved our holiday, but the other things were terrible. I do not recommend Marriott in Hurghada to anybody. The Standard is really not like other Marriott in the world. But it´s Egypt!

• Travel date: Tue 7th of April 2015

marriott hurgada

Reviewed Wed 1st of July 2009

"well, you know ,marriott is a name , a big name ,so i was expecting a lot of nice things.
The hotel is very clean ,on a very calm street,and safety controls at the entrance(impressive).
Marble everywere inside,and huge nice vases,,people very kind and gentle,,room big and fresh.
The swimmingpool is nice and quite,a lot of egyptian and european guest,was almost full;food is not very good ,but if you order from the beach ,the chef changes,and is really good teast compared to the restaurant .all creditcard accepted,,was a nice holiday.
marco http://hotel-hurgada.com"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of June 2009

Miss G Collins

Reviewed Wed 15th of October 2008

"I stayed at the Marriott for the 2nd time this year (previously visited July 2008) As before we enjoyed our stay tremendously. The hotel is beautifully clean, and staff are polite and friendly, always willing to help. Special mention should be made of the animation team Paola and Saza. These two people made the stay very enjoyable, always happy always busy entertaining guests both day and night, it was also niceto see katya(3rd member of animation team)who returned from holiday prior to our stay coming to an end. Having stayed at the Marriott twice now i would recommend it to everyone, beautiful hotel, great central location, wonderful food and brilliant staff. Myself and friends will be returning at first opportunity."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of October 2008

I went to this hotel with my boyfriend a...

Reviewed Thu 24th of July 2008

"I went to this hotel with my boyfriend and it was the first time I had been to Egypt. Egypt is a lovely country and the sea and diving is excellent.

The hotel was beautiful, the rooms were huge, along with the beds.
The room was clean, and a cleaner came in every day. She left us little decorations on our bed every day too!

The hotels pool was massive and absolutely gorgeous, although quite chilly, but as the weather is so hot you need it really. Our room was in the main block of the Hotel, it was about a 5-10 minute walk to the beach, the beach was brilliant, white sand, clear blue sea, and very clean. There were a lot of activities to do down there as well and the hotel has a number of trips that you can go on. We went on a snorkelling trip to and to a paradise island - which was actually like paradise with an even nicer beach; we went on a quad bike trip to a village and saw the sun set and had a BBQ with the local villagers. We also went on a trip into Hurgharda. It was very busy and loud, with not very many restaurants and things, as it is not very commercialised yet, however we found a restaurant and I think we ate and had a bottle of wine for about £8!!

I wouldn’t have gone back into Hurgharda town, but you don’t really need too, there is so much at the hotel.
I am blonde and I think the men find this amazing for some reason, so I did get pestered by the men a bit, my boyfriend and I just humoured them and they would leave you alone after a while, they are not bad people, they just want to talk and definitely want your business. If you go into shops they offer drinks and things, but we just didn’t accept any and when we wanted to go we would just say.

The food and drinks were all included, I was happy with the food and there were separate restaurants you could go to, the Italian one was lovely. Lots of people complain about the all Inc food but if you choose carefully what you eat and don’t drink any of the water you should be fine. The selections of all inclusive drinks were good, I was happy with the wine, and cocktails.

There was a lovely bar just outside the main bar where you can sit on the floor on little cushions and smoke the pipes (this is not included) and it was very relaxing. The staff were helpful and friendly and nothing went wrong.

A great hotel for anyone, from couples to young groups.

• Travel date: Thu 24th of July 2008

We had the most fantastic time!!! The be...

Reviewed Sun 6th of July 2008

"We had the most fantastic time!!! The best time. It is pure paradise. The marriot is a fantastic hotel the rooms are very clean and comfy just like being at home and the staff cannot do enough for you. The pool and beach were really nice and the Island on a night was magical especially when the moon was full and shimmering on the sea. Very romantic. We stayed Bed & Breakfast and the breakfast wea fab i couldnt believe the chefs cooking what ever you want and toast with lurpack butter. Hurghada was an experince to say the least, Sakala was fab full of lights and shops and shopping malls, plenty of places to purchase bargains (loads of bags) we didnt eat out in Sakala only some fries in the burger King. We eat twice at the Hard Rock cafe in another part of town callled the torist town and there are loads of shops there too but they are higher prices in these shops. Hard Rock cafe was devine food and excelent service. We also went to Hurghada Marine it was very new only been open a week when we went there was loads of resturants there and when all finished there will be 100 shops there are some wonderful shops there where they donnot pester you to come in. There is also a giant thing that shoots you in the air which looked fun also there are loads of posh boats there and a very nice promonade to walk on. We caught taxis from the hotel every night apaprt from the nights we went to Sakala we went on the hotel shuttle bus. The taxis from the hotel were a little more expensive than the local ones but they were safe and had seat belts and droped you off and picked you up at a time you agreed with them we only paid 25 egyptian pounds which is about £2.50.
I receormend this hotel and resort it was a fantastic holiday and we cannot wait to go back again."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of July 2008

Lovely little swimming lagoon!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"I stayed here for just three nights (without husband, who was working). Initially, I was a bit unsure about going to Egypt on my own, but the staff at the Marriott couldn't have been more courteous and welcoming. Lovely sunny weather for late December - temperatures were 75f at midday. The pool was nicely heated to about 28c and the sea was 24c, very calm even when the wind got up. The little lagoon is great for swimming as it gets quite deep in the middle and the water is crystal clear. For a longer swim, you can go right round the island where there is also some snorkelling (though you have to go on a boat trip for the real reefs).
Outside the hotel is one building site after another, which came as a bit of a shock after Sharm with its lovely promenade and shopping streets. Still, Hurghada has warmer temperatures than Sharm at this time of year and the Marriott in particular is great for calm rather than choppy sea.
Although I booked a single room I was given a beautifully spacious one with a king size bed and a great sea view. Highly recommended and deserves its TA rating as the best hotel in Hurghada!"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of January 2008

Would'nt Stay anywhere else!

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"I work for Egyptian British Real Estate on Sheraton Road.
Have stayed all over Hurghada and the Marriott can not be beaten...
We usually stay there about three times a year, apart from getting to know a lot of the staff personally, the place is always immaculate, the facilities are great, and you are only two minutes away from some nice restaurants and bars on the new promenade.

One of the big things for me is the quietness, after spending a day in our offices downtown you've had enough of the constant horn beeping.
Always enjoy the food here, make friends with the guy who does the omelette's and you're away (if you like omelette's)
But as I said before it's in just the right place for me, if you want to go into town it only costs £1.00 on a bus."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of January 2008

good location, good hotel, the best in Hurghada

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"The Marriott hotel was a great hotel, the best one in Hurghada.
Location excellent. We stayed on the 6th Floor on the Elite Floor, which gave you certain freebies such as a large bottle of mineral water, a bowl of fruit, tea and coffee everyday. and a newspaper.
Room 615 was a good room to stay in, though most of the rooms has a good view of the sea. We did not see many English people there, mainly Germans and Russians.
The breakfast was ace, my favourite was the pancakes with chocolate sauce, for evening they had different type of theme nights such as European, International, Italian, Egyptain, very nice and very tasty dishes, a good variety and entertainment in the Sunset Lounge every night.
The hotel had its own private beach, which was heaven and an island which you good go and sunbath and get a massage aswell. Watersports were big there, we did do a trip on the sinbads yellow submarine which was a must to do, 25 metres down about 50 minutes, great experience and they take a video of you on the boat and sub, you can purchase these if you wanted.
The Marriott is an excellent hotel, and has some good shops and the marnet cafe which serves sandwiches and cakes etc, the cafe latte is a must and the mozzarella sandwiches also. We went in December, had some cloudy days and it was very windy.
A must for a first time in Hurghada, which is about 4 hours by convoy from Luxor which we did."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of December 2007

True five star hotel

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Earns the 5* stars and whoever says the stuff isn't friendly must have a good look in the mirror.
Worst buffet was the European night, still decent though, best were Asian and Italian. Breakfast buffet is good also, though to get a good cup of coffee, instead of that horrible instant one they serve, order a double espresso and you'll be happy.
Minimum amount of kids at this time a year (mind the pool area!)
Reception also changed flight tickets to Cairo for us to another date because Egypt air made a mistake (good airline though).

The only real minus for us was, and that wasn't the hotels fault, the "cheap" tourists who usually do not stay in 5* hotels like the Marriott truly is.

My wife (26) and I (36) stayed there for 7 days to celebrate our 6th year anniversary."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of December 2007

Simply Brilliant!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"The Hotel is magnificent! Everything about it is luxury and the staff were great - plenty of staff to help with anything and always very friendly and helpful.

Overall, simply brilliant!"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of November 2007

contrary to all negative reviews..

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"I was very apprehensive about this hotel. I read so many reviews about the "Russions". Yes there were a lot, but as is with any nationality, where there are a lot of them, they dominate. I have been in places where there were a lot of Australians and I didnt want other people knowing I was Australian, the way they were carrying on and being loud, and lets face it Americans are know for how loud they are, the English are known for complainging about everything.....we can go on and on. HOWEVER, they really did not bother me, they did not push in, or beat me to a seat, or try and take my food away from me. Our room was great, on the very top floor, with a really large balcony overlooking the pool and the beach. The room was just perfect, the pool was a tad bit dirty, which I mentioned to a member of the staff that came around asking if everything was OK, was there a problem. Needless to say within 5 minutes someone was cleaning it!!! The beach was good, its a type of a lagoon set-up, the Tuscany restaurant was great, the breakfast is OK, not the best, but certainly not short on food and it has all the breakfast stuff you want. Its close enough to go and do some shopping outside of the hotel and if you want something thats a LOT OF FUN, get the quad bikes. They pick you up at about 2.30 and you dont get back until about 7.30, you go to a Nubian village, watch the sun set, have some dinner and then ride back in the moonlight! It was fantastic.
All in All a beautiful, clean, very friendly hotel. The staff around the beach and pool work very hard to get people to join in some fun like volley ball, exercise in the pool etc. Oh..dont worry too much about the Russions and they wont worry about you."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of October 2007

Best in Hurghada

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"Went on the reviews of other tripadvisor members and yeah, lives up to their advice. It's a solid 5 star hotel. The rooms are clean, not "too" used or dated. The complex looks wonderful. The pool, hotel beach and the hotels island which has a walkbridge and bar are lovely.

Swimming in the sea is a pleasure as you can get in for a dip from the hotel beach and are protected to a degree. Lot of posers, topless and bikini babes so no wonder the last review below mine. Poor locals arent used to it. I on the other hand enjoyed that part immensely ;)

Massage on the hotel island for 170 something egyptian for 45 minutes was wonderful. Take advantage!

What I will say about the place as downside. Internet cafe only has two pcs. So always a wait. Everything is overpriced to the point of it being as expensive if not more so then home! Which is nuts as you can walk 2 minutes to bulls cafe and have a beer/sandwich/whatever for less then 1/3 of the price of the hotel. I would also say to the hotel that for the price of the drinks the entertainment is lacking/non existant. So a definate fault there. Second the shops. I dont expect to go to a five star hotel and have to do serious haggling with the shop owners over things, nor be pestered by them as soon as I walk into the shop. I dont care if thats the way it is in Egypt, there are standards expected from a chain like this.

Also the in room entertainment sucked, two english stations one of them cnn. In a town like Hurghada, full of Russians, with few decent bars, you need the basics like tv.

Fourth. We booked a sea view room, paid lots extra. Arrived. Got a pool/building site view room. Complained. Kept getting shown rooms which were substandard. Spent the guts of an hour looking at different rooms. No real effort made for us on this. We finally settled on a room on the third floor next to the suites which had a sea view (just about). After a 6 hour coach ride I dont need that kinda rubbish.

Once we got the room we wanted it was fine from there on in. A REAL five star hotel, high price, but you get what you pay for. Just dont expect to be blown away by the entertainment."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of October 2007

Hotels near Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort

Stayed at Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort

• ezichek by ezichek

"you cant miss heaven restaurant in hurgada marina,and hedkandy beachbar "

• Niké H by Niké H

"Just spend your time as much as you can on the beautiful beach! Don´t go as an All Inclusive guest! "

Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort is also called