Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort

El Corniche Road, Hurghada Egypt

Good

Lovely little swimming lagoon!

"I stayed here for just three nights (without husband, who was working). Initially, I was a bit unsure about going to Egypt on my own, but the staff at the Marriott couldn't have been more courteous and welcoming. Lovely sunny weather for late December - temperatures were 75f at midday. The pool was nicely heated to about 28c and the sea was 24c, very calm even when the wind got up. The little lagoon is great for swimming as it gets quite deep in the middle and the water is crystal clear. For a longer swim, you can go right round the island where there is also some snorkelling (though you have to go on a boat trip for the real reefs).
Outside the hotel is one building site after another, which came as a bit of a shock after Sharm with its lovely promenade and shopping streets. Still, Hurghada has warmer temperatures than Sharm at this time of year and the Marriott in particular is great for calm rather than choppy sea.
Although I booked a single room I was given a beautifully spacious one with a king size bed and a great sea view. Highly recommended and deserves its TA rating as the best hotel in Hurghada!"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of January 2008

Would'nt Stay anywhere else!

"I work for Egyptian British Real Estate on Sheraton Road.
Have stayed all over Hurghada and the Marriott can not be beaten...
We usually stay there about three times a year, apart from getting to know a lot of the staff personally, the place is always immaculate, the facilities are great, and you are only two minutes away from some nice restaurants and bars on the new promenade.

One of the big things for me is the quietness, after spending a day in our offices downtown you've had enough of the constant horn beeping.
Always enjoy the food here, make friends with the guy who does the omelette's and you're away (if you like omelette's)
But as I said before it's in just the right place for me, if you want to go into town it only costs £1.00 on a bus."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of January 2008

good location, good hotel, the best in Hurghada

Good

"The Marriott hotel was a great hotel, the best one in Hurghada.
Location excellent. We stayed on the 6th Floor on the Elite Floor, which gave you certain freebies such as a large bottle of mineral water, a bowl of fruit, tea and coffee everyday. and a newspaper.
Room 615 was a good room to stay in, though most of the rooms has a good view of the sea. We did not see many English people there, mainly Germans and Russians.
The breakfast was ace, my favourite was the pancakes with chocolate sauce, for evening they had different type of theme nights such as European, International, Italian, Egyptain, very nice and very tasty dishes, a good variety and entertainment in the Sunset Lounge every night.
The hotel had its own private beach, which was heaven and an island which you good go and sunbath and get a massage aswell. Watersports were big there, we did do a trip on the sinbads yellow submarine which was a must to do, 25 metres down about 50 minutes, great experience and they take a video of you on the boat and sub, you can purchase these if you wanted.
The Marriott is an excellent hotel, and has some good shops and the marnet cafe which serves sandwiches and cakes etc, the cafe latte is a must and the mozzarella sandwiches also. We went in December, had some cloudy days and it was very windy.
A must for a first time in Hurghada, which is about 4 hours by convoy from Luxor which we did."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of December 2007

True five star hotel

"Earns the 5* stars and whoever says the stuff isn't friendly must have a good look in the mirror.
Worst buffet was the European night, still decent though, best were Asian and Italian. Breakfast buffet is good also, though to get a good cup of coffee, instead of that horrible instant one they serve, order a double espresso and you'll be happy.
Minimum amount of kids at this time a year (mind the pool area!)
Reception also changed flight tickets to Cairo for us to another date because Egypt air made a mistake (good airline though).

The only real minus for us was, and that wasn't the hotels fault, the "cheap" tourists who usually do not stay in 5* hotels like the Marriott truly is.

My wife (26) and I (36) stayed there for 7 days to celebrate our 6th year anniversary."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of December 2007

Simply Brilliant!

"The Hotel is magnificent! Everything about it is luxury and the staff were great - plenty of staff to help with anything and always very friendly and helpful.

Overall, simply brilliant!"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of November 2007

contrary to all negative reviews..

"I was very apprehensive about this hotel. I read so many reviews about the "Russions". Yes there were a lot, but as is with any nationality, where there are a lot of them, they dominate. I have been in places where there were a lot of Australians and I didnt want other people knowing I was Australian, the way they were carrying on and being loud, and lets face it Americans are know for how loud they are, the English are known for complainging about everything.....we can go on and on. HOWEVER, they really did not bother me, they did not push in, or beat me to a seat, or try and take my food away from me. Our room was great, on the very top floor, with a really large balcony overlooking the pool and the beach. The room was just perfect, the pool was a tad bit dirty, which I mentioned to a member of the staff that came around asking if everything was OK, was there a problem. Needless to say within 5 minutes someone was cleaning it!!! The beach was good, its a type of a lagoon set-up, the Tuscany restaurant was great, the breakfast is OK, not the best, but certainly not short on food and it has all the breakfast stuff you want. Its close enough to go and do some shopping outside of the hotel and if you want something thats a LOT OF FUN, get the quad bikes. They pick you up at about 2.30 and you dont get back until about 7.30, you go to a Nubian village, watch the sun set, have some dinner and then ride back in the moonlight! It was fantastic.
All in All a beautiful, clean, very friendly hotel. The staff around the beach and pool work very hard to get people to join in some fun like volley ball, exercise in the pool etc. Oh..dont worry too much about the Russions and they wont worry about you."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of October 2007

Best in Hurghada

"Went on the reviews of other tripadvisor members and yeah, lives up to their advice. It's a solid 5 star hotel. The rooms are clean, not "too" used or dated. The complex looks wonderful. The pool, hotel beach and the hotels island which has a walkbridge and bar are lovely.

Swimming in the sea is a pleasure as you can get in for a dip from the hotel beach and are protected to a degree. Lot of posers, topless and bikini babes so no wonder the last review below mine. Poor locals arent used to it. I on the other hand enjoyed that part immensely ;)

Massage on the hotel island for 170 something egyptian for 45 minutes was wonderful. Take advantage!

What I will say about the place as downside. Internet cafe only has two pcs. So always a wait. Everything is overpriced to the point of it being as expensive if not more so then home! Which is nuts as you can walk 2 minutes to bulls cafe and have a beer/sandwich/whatever for less then 1/3 of the price of the hotel. I would also say to the hotel that for the price of the drinks the entertainment is lacking/non existant. So a definate fault there. Second the shops. I dont expect to go to a five star hotel and have to do serious haggling with the shop owners over things, nor be pestered by them as soon as I walk into the shop. I dont care if thats the way it is in Egypt, there are standards expected from a chain like this.

Also the in room entertainment sucked, two english stations one of them cnn. In a town like Hurghada, full of Russians, with few decent bars, you need the basics like tv.

Fourth. We booked a sea view room, paid lots extra. Arrived. Got a pool/building site view room. Complained. Kept getting shown rooms which were substandard. Spent the guts of an hour looking at different rooms. No real effort made for us on this. We finally settled on a room on the third floor next to the suites which had a sea view (just about). After a 6 hour coach ride I dont need that kinda rubbish.

Once we got the room we wanted it was fine from there on in. A REAL five star hotel, high price, but you get what you pay for. Just dont expect to be blown away by the entertainment."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of October 2007

Amazing!!!!

"Stayed at the Marriott in june...absolutely amazing!!! thats the best i can describe it. The staff are the loveliest people you will ever meet, really nice, even though they did act like they had never seen a woman before, but you shouldnt let that bother you too much. The resort itself was beyond my expectations, good sized swimming pool, bars all around the resort which was really good. The private island with bar is really good to go to at night, they had entertainment on friday and saturday nights, which was really enjoyable. The waiter over on the island bar Ahmed, was lovely! I couldn't pick a fault with this hotel at all. Room was nice, cleaned everyday. Room service was good too! I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone! I went with my boyfriend, really good place for couples and families too! The closest town is nice too, to go into Hurghada is a bit of walk, i would recommend getting a taxi there, too far to walk in the heat! We went to luxor aswell, loved it!! Just don't have any doubt about going to this hotel, its wicked! and they will pick you up from the airport(hurghada), and take you back, free of charge, so dont bother with transfers with your travel agent! Always too expensive! basically..go to this hotel! i will guarantee you'll love it!"

• Travel date: Tue 25th of September 2007

Excellent

"The Marriot lives up to expectations. The hotel interior is beautiful (the main building is a bland blob from the exterior) and the rooms are excellent. So is the service and the food.... the staff are not the warmest/friendliest people around, but they are polite and efficient. The gym is excellent, but they charge 15 EGP (under $3 US) to use it, which is very petty, specially when you consider the high price of staying here. Overall it is definitely not a bargain, but you get what you pay for and I would stay here again if my first choice was not available (it was sold out). The location is good."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of August 2007

Really liked it

"Very nice hotel. We went 6th to 13th July. However, was very scared to go out at night around that area and teh taxi drivers were all trying to con us out of money so be very weary! They also drive like nutters and switch their head lights off at night!
On the first night I got bit by mosquettos very badly on my legs so take spray!
Nice and relaxing hotel, the half constructed building next door should not bother you unless your room looks out that way. We were lucky2have a lovely view over teh beach.
Try the restaurant on the front, its Italian and gorgeous! Very friendly staff.
Try the quad bike escursions over teh desert and the sea trip that takes you snorkelling over the coral reef, its gorgeous!"

• Travel date: Thu 9th of August 2007

Unfortunately a mess!!!

"We booked a holiday for 2 weeks and although we gave them 10 Euros at the reception they put us in a room without balcony, can you imagine that!!!??? They promised us a better room, but then they put us in a almost worse one with sight on a dirty roof. We had to fuss and fight until they gave us a better room and we have almost lost a day because of changing the room. They were lying and lying at the reception. They told me for example, we had to wait for 1 hour until the new room would be cleaned up. By purpose, I immediately went to have a look at the 4th floor if the new room was not cleaned yet, and see, it was!! So why wait?? Just a shame for Marriott!!
The old food was precooked in another form every day. For dinner there was quite a lot of choice, but for lunch the buffet was very small. Only 2 or 3 biscuits as sweets, horrible salads, hard beef or chicken. No fantasy! Fruits only for breakfast and very little and old. All in all a shame for Marriott. The coffee and the fresh juice were very good.
The managers were quite friendly, but the waitress boys were not functioning without bagschisch!!! Some working boys were really very unfriendly. Actually, to the Arab citizens they all were very friendly. But the other nations were quite ignored. As all Inclusive guest you had to sign an account every time you were asking for a drink. Room quite ok. Cleaning quite good, but only against bagschisch. The swimming pool was very dirty. For whole Marriott just one bar for the evening. Good thing was Sauna for free!! The best thing in the hotel was the beach!! Beautiful sandy beach, the sea without corals. Just the many ships around may make the sea dirty.

Our purpose of the holiday was to be daily at the beach and swimming in the sea. As this was perfect it really saved our holiday, but the other things were terrible. I do not recommend Marriott in Hurghada to anybody. The Standard is really not like other Marriott in the world. But it´s Egypt!

• Travel date: Tue 7th of April 2015

marriott hurgada

Good

"well, you know ,marriott is a name , a big name ,so i was expecting a lot of nice things.
The hotel is very clean ,on a very calm street,and safety controls at the entrance(impressive).
Marble everywere inside,and huge nice vases,,people very kind and gentle,,room big and fresh.
The swimmingpool is nice and quite,a lot of egyptian and european guest,was almost full;food is not very good ,but if you order from the beach ,the chef changes,and is really good teast compared to the restaurant .all creditcard accepted,,was a nice holiday.
marco http://hotel-hurgada.com"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of June 2009

Hotels near Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort

Stayed at Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort

• ezichek by ezichek

"you cant miss heaven restaurant in hurgada marina,and hedkandy beachbar "

• Niké H by Niké H

"Just spend your time as much as you can on the beautiful beach! Don´t go as an All Inclusive guest! "

Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort is also called