Hor Palace

Hurghada Egypt

Good

shocking

Reviewed Fri 29th of October 2010

"Just reading reviews which i wish we had read before booking a holiday to this dump. Been to many places around the world stayed in some great hotels and some average ones but you get what you pay for! this place was the worst i have stayed in. they said we had a ocean view which was a lie, air con was loud and russians not very friendly. really bad experience although resident Camel was nice and the many cats! same old food every day although i was not ill which was a bonus. Cleaners were really nice and friendly unlike other staff."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of April 2010

Holiday in the Pits

Reviewed Mon 1st of December 2008

"This has to be the worst hotel we have stayed in, possiblibly in the world.
The first accommation smelt of stale urine, had bugs creeping over the floor, and an air con unit that was noisy and had an electric cable hanging from it.
The second choice we were offered was even worse.
The third offer was better but the air con developed a leak.
The meals, the same choice every day, dust on the salad foods, hot meals that where bearly warm, chipped and cracked plates. For three days we only could eat soup and a roll. The pool had a line of scum at the water line, which the staff tried to wash off into the pool, there was cracked and missing tiles in and around the pool. There beach area was like a barren waste land.
We had to spend the majority of our time eating out.
The tour operator claims "never" to had any complaints before, this we find hard to believe.
In short Egypt, and Hurghada is a lovely desination but not select the Hor Palace to stay in as it spoil your holiday like it do ours. "

• Travel date: Mon 1st of December 2008

Hotel was ok. Air condition in room was...

Reviewed Thu 18th of September 2008

"Hotel was ok. Air condition in room was very loud, so could not sleep with that noise at night and without that, was very warm in the room.
Staffs were ok, very friendly.
The meal..Every day the same and in the end left over’s put together. Sweats were great tho.
Plenty of Russians, Polish, some German and Holland tourist. The beach was very small but next to hotel.
In summary was ok if you pay small amount money..."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of September 2008

NOT SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE FROM UK!!!!! N...

Reviewed Sat 23rd of August 2008

"NOT SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE FROM UK!!!!!
Not the best hotel we have stayed in by far! We stayed here for 2 weeks with our 13 year old daughter. We thought she would have plenty of other English youngsters to make friends with considering the holiday was booked in UK, but it was full of very ignorant Russians. On our 1st day we met 1 other couple from UK, and by the end of our holiday there were a grand total of 12!
Outside in the Shopping Promenade we were constantly harrassed to go in their shops and sign their guest books resulting in us going out there just 4 / 5 times buying very few presants for ourselves and others.

The all inclusive part was a joke, they made it as hard as possible to get drinks, food was only available for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the same restaurant, and lunch and dinner was exactly the same thoughout our stay. The beach bar shut at 5pm. You could buy food here if you wanted to, burger & chips etc, which was cheap. The pool bar shut at 10pm and then you had to either leave the complex to get a drink or go to their bar in the hotel lobby (which even though it was in your lobby you could never get AI free drinks there!) There was also a bar next door, which belonged to the hotel, (no AI there either! ) this is where they had their entertainment, it always started after 10pm so if you wanted to go you had to buy your own drinks and most of the time pay a small amount to watch whatever was on!
On a plus side we had a bungalow which was cleaned every day and our sheets were changed 4 times in the 2 weeks with clean towels every other day. The room was a bit dated, but it was more than good enough to sleep and shower in! and the air con worked well. Our cleaner was great, most days he would make animals and objects out of our towels mostly they were water themed crocs, turtle etc...
As we could not walk out the front we spent most of our time out at sea doing scuba diving which was AWESOME ! We used the dive centre on our beach, all 3 of us done a course in divng and out of all the other places we have been to it was the cheapest place to do our courses and probably one of the most beautiful! Also we were taught to a very high standard. We also went on a snorkelling trip and a fishing trip off of our beach which was also great.
The staff were very nice and helpful and they all work hard in heat which is almost unbearable without the sea and pool to keep you cool.
Sadly (even though we got a fantastic tan) we would not return to this hotel, we would consider returning to Hurghada in a more English hotel and it would only really be for diving holiday.

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of August 2008

This was our first visit to Egypt. Over...

Reviewed Sun 10th of August 2008

"This was our first visit to Egypt. Overall, my mother and I did enjoy our one week stay. The hotel beach was only a short stroll from our hotel room and the sea water was always warm and clear - ideal for swimming. Staff at the hotel were pleasant and friendly.

Having said the above, we were not entirely happy with the accommodation provided. We have stayed in 3 star accommodation before whilst on holiday and the hotel on this ocassion did not match our expectations. Our bed sheets were never changed throughout our stay, the toilet chain was always snapping, we were unable to use the bath tub as it was too small and the food was more or less the same every day. Also, whilst we booked on an all inclusive basis, we were told on arrival at the hotel that all inclusive was only until 10PM - after this time, we had to pay for all food and drinks.

In addition to the above, we did not appreciate having to wait for the hotel holiday rep on our holiday. On arrival we were told that the welcome meeting with the rep would be at 1PM the next day. We waited until 1:30PM and then were told that he was unable to come to the hotel until 4PM. When he finally came, we booked some excursions with him. After our first excursion, I rang the rep to cancel any excursions which involved sailing as my mother was very sick after the first boat trip and I was concerned for her well being. The rep said this was fine and he would send his friend to our hotel at 8PM the next evening to refund the money. We again waited but no-one came and we received no courtesy call. We have called the rep since but there has been no answer and we have to date still not received a refund. Money is not of importance to us but the level of service we receive most definitely is.

For all the above reasons, we would consider coming back to Egypt but shall unfortunately not be returning to this hotel.

• Travel date: Sun 10th of August 2008

I found the staff to be very friendly....

Reviewed Wed 18th of June 2008

"I found the staff to be very friendly. Except for one of the managers waited until my husband left (for an appointment that he scheduled for scuba diving) and tried to stick me with a bill that wasn't ours. It was for 2 margaritas and a tea. Neither of those drinks we would ever order. He said that he thought that my husband ordered them and charged them to the room. Yeah right! I doubt they would let you leave without paying first. Besides, he only drinks beer, I don't drink, and we don't like tea. When my husband asked him later, he acted like he didn't know.
Be careful of this!
Other than that, the man who cleans the rooms is awesome. The kitchen staff is also very nice. The food is great! I am picky!
The bungalows are nice. (Especially for a family and are closer to the beach.)"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of June 2008

I love all the personal ,i have a lot of...

Reviewed Sat 1st of March 2008

"I love all the personal ,i have a lot of conversations with workers :)
i love all my holiday in Hor Palace. "

• Travel date: Sat 1st of March 2008

The room was appalling - The shower door...

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2007

"The room was appalling - The shower door was broken and hanging off, there was rust and mildew everywhere in the shower room. The view from the window was a yard about 6 square feet with a high wall all round, it was obviously used as a tipping ground and was filthy dirty. The bed covers were dirty and stained. Sheets were only changed on the 11th day of our stay. The patio furniture was covered in dirt and the cushions ripped, dirty and falling apart, and had obviously never been cleaned. The toilet ran all night and when we tried to stop it by turning the water off the A.C. stopped working.

The food was always cold and you had a choice everyday between chicken drumsticks and wings that had very little meat on them, beef that had been stewed several times and fish that was full of bones, rice and salad and that was it. We were not allowed to bring food or beverage into the hotel, even bottles of basic things like water were taken off of us by security.

I have travelled a lot and this was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. We have photos to back to this up. We paid for AI but this was far from AI. At the Pool bar when we had alcoholic drinks every time we had had two glasses they always said they had run out. They do not have safes so you have to pay to put your valuables in their safe, when we came to collect our valuables they spent 30 mins trying to find it, when they did our room number had been crossed out and someone else's written on it, all they said was check that everything was there, we did, but we did not know if anyone else had used our credit cards etc so we had to ring our various banks to make sure and they had to issue us with all new cards. The worst hotel ever!"

• Travel date: Mon 29th of October 2007

This is the worst hotel I have every sta...

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2007

"This is the worst hotel I have every stayed in. We had to ask for the sheets to be changed after the first week otherwise they would not have been cleaned. The covers on the beds were soiled from day one and despite us asking they were still not changed at the end of the holiday. We were not allowed to bring bottled water into the hotel at all, but we could buy it from the hotel at 3 times the cost from outside.

The food was the same every single day, and not even luke warm. The hotel needs to be demolished and rebuilt from scratch.

Plus side, the staff were the most friendliest I have met, but the management were the worst.

As for safe deposit boxes there were non, you had to leave your items in a brown envelope which was sealed with your signature on and your room number, however on the day we were to depart, the hotel had lost my envelope. After 45 minutes they found it, it turns out they had given the contents of my envelope to another guest and put their room number on it.

Very unhappy with it all."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of October 2007

Having been staying at Hor Palace for th...

Reviewed Mon 19th of February 2007

"Having been staying at Hor Palace for the last 7 Years.

I like this hotel, the food for me is good (I'm English), and it’s peaceful, very polite, friendly & helpful staff!

The rooms are kept very very clean, towels are changed every day! Unlike some other hotels!

The beach is one of the best in Hurghada!

I will always stay at this Hotel!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of February 2007

This hotel was a disgrace it was in dire...

Reviewed Sat 30th of December 2006

"This hotel was a disgrace it was in dire need of refurbishment.

We went Dec 15 to Dec 29. This hotel is almost 25 years old, one of the first to be built in Hurghada.

I booked through the Internet with a firm called sunmaster, my original resort choice was called Taba but the guy on the telephone suggested this hotel.

This was not a late booking, this was booked in September as a Christmas gift for my husband's 60th birthday.

The staff were really nice but the management left a lot to be desired.

This AI, for drinks i.e. coffee tea etc is set around the pool bar or beach bar. As you can imagine at this time of year, it can be a bit cold or windy or both.

There was a lobby bar in reception but this was not included in the AI, so there was no place to sit in comfort at this hotel.

I will admit my Odyssey rep Ahmid, did try his best for me, but for the price I paid for this hotel, I could have gone 5 star at any other hotel in this resort.

I am so unhappy. I would not suggest this hotel to my worst enemy.

Lots more bad reports, but if you take the time to read this it would make me feel better- thank you."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of December 2006

The hotel staff were lovely, as for the...

Reviewed Mon 25th of December 2006

"The hotel staff were lovely, as for the hotel well, it needs updating as other people have said

We were the only Brits there but plenty of Russians and Germans who were very arrogant and greedy. But saying that, we had some really great nights in the hotel bar, Alex and the rest of the bar staff made us very welcome.

As for Hurghada itself, well its nothing but a building site. The shop owners are very pushy and would rip you right off given half a chance as we found out on a couple of occiasions.

We were there on the 10 Dec for 1 week. We will not be going agian any time soon."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of December 2006

Hotels near Hor Palace

Stayed at Hor Palace? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hor Palace

• HENRYCLYDE by HENRYCLYDE

"Do not stay in the Hor Palace "

• HENRYCLYDE by HENRYCLYDE