Hilton Hurghada Plaza

Gabal El Hareem Main Street, Hurghada Egypt

+ & -

"I can second both the positive and negative comments.
It all just depends on what you are looking for when you go to this HH. Our room was very nicely situated (on top of the 'hill' overlooking the whole hotel area), be it a little far from restaurants, reception desk, pools etc. Enjoyed the quiet of it all though.
Staff was kind, albeit not overenthused and far from efficient.
And yes, drinks are far from european standards. Try to stay with the beer, you'll find out it's the better choice."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2007

Great Times!!!!

Good

"We just got back from holiday and thought the hotel was great. Before we left, we read some of the reviews on here and were unsure what to expect. Yes the hotel is predominantly russians and germans but that appiles to the whole of Hurghada. The staff were great we had some good people looking after us. Some were friendly for tips but the majority were geniuinely trying to give us a great experience. The room was a good size nothing flash and although the hotel was ageing a little, on our day trip to Luxor we stopped at several other 5 star resorts and so from the looks and comments from the other passengers, we felt the Hilton definately was the right choice. Plus the hotel is located a little further away from the other resorts and had a more secluded feel. Most people were complaining that walking out of the hotel they were constantly hassled by local hawkers. Food was ok, it is plentiful and for this reason it is hard to expect first class food when such huge volumes of food need to be churned out everyday. Granted the food did grad a little by the end of our stay due to the unoriginality of what whats on offer. If you want different food get into town or like we did go fishing and get the chef to cook up your catch. But the all inclusive was great for us, we consumed a great deal in terms of food and drink which would have cost a fortune otherwise. Drinks wise the local beer is ok. Sakara is nice though Stella did have a horrible after taste to it. All in all the resort contained everything we needed for a relaxing and great stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Hurghada."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of April 2007

Loved My Holiday

"Loved this hotel the staff were wonderful and everything was spotless. The one complaint was the keeping of beds at the pool goodness knows how early some people get up.
The Russians! well bewarned they are the most ignorant people ever. But this would still not put me off."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of March 2007

Last summer it was great!

Good

"I was really surprised to see so many negative comments about the HH Plaza. The experience I had there was a great one. Beautiful weather, a great pool, nice massages, fantastic view from our bedroom window.

I agree that there tend to be a lot of over-enthused male egyptians there - I was harrased by the pool and dive staff. Don't go alone if you are female - you wont feel very comfortable. That's just Hurghada in general though. They go nuts over scantily clad westerners, especially those who, like myself, are olive skinned.

They are doing some refurb work (when I was there they were painting the halls), so this could be an issue for some people. Also, you have to be carefull with the food, as the water is dodgy out there. We both had dodgy tummies, although it wasn't deabilitating at all.

I would still rate HH Plaza as a four star, but I think the culture shock will be what people dislike about the hotel more than the hotel itself. You have to understand that it's still a developing part of the world - you can't expect American standards - not even from Hilton."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of January 2007

Best service in Egypt!

"It was my 4th visit to Egypt. I noticed that it is important to set right expectations for Egypt holidays. I always know what I get in Hurghada: sun, lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, sea, sandy beach. I am the one who loves comfort, quiet and picturesque surroundings. I never hang in bars or go to the town centre. I go to Egypt to eat healthy food, sun bath and swim in the Red sea. I rate this hotel as the best fitting my requirements and budget.
What was good: heated outdoor pool, great selection of food, Obelisk red wine, lots and lots of local fresh fruit, friendly staff, windsurfing, massage, stretching, wind proof screens.
I was very pleased with the level of service provided in the hotel. Staff did not force me to pay tips upfront, during my previous stays in Egypt I noticed that in order to get room serviced in convenient for me time, get flowers and bath gel I have to leave tip every day. I prefer to express my gratitude at the end of the stay, I think it is fair.
I will definitely come again next winter."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of January 2007

Never Again!

"We arrived at the hotel and were quite impressed until you ask for a drink! We stayed on an Ultra All Inclusive basis in a Chalet room. We were told when we booked(and in the brochure) that the hotel serves International drinks, this is not the case, they came up with excuse after excuse why we couldn't have for example martini. Eventually we found out from staff that the hotal has only been AI for three months and the hotel has phased out what we know as International drinks. If you fancy a Gordoons gin or John Waller Whiskey go ahead. Food was repetitive and bland. RUSSIANS, rude aggressive i can second that. We had to set alarm for 7am just to get a sunbed! If you fancy a nice quite break without alcohol and the English this will suit your requirements."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of November 2006

The Russians Spoilt It

"We have just returned from a two week break at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza.

Whilst looking at earlier reviews, the refurbishment work has now been completed, and even a road has been laid outside the hotel. Although only in parts.

Having had previous experience around the world of Hilton Hotels, I would have said that it qualified for a 4 star rating. Although the staff definitely made it feel like a 5 star. They were really friendly and we had no bad experiences with them at all. In fact they welcomed us into their lives, and are really interested in learning about your life and letting you understand more about theirs. THEY MADE OUR HOLIDAY.

The only thing that spoilt this holiday, was the russian guests, who made it feel more like a one star hotel. BE WARNED! The Management have just signed a one year all inclusive deal with the Russian Travel Agents and the hotel is 98% Russian. They were extremely rude and aggressive, day and night! They had no respect for the staff or for other guests. On occassions we had to leave certain parts of the hotel just so we didn't have to listen to their insulting behaviour. It was embarrassing. They demanded drinks from 11 am to midnight and didn't care who staff were serving. As far as they were concerned everyone was there to be at their beck and call. I never heard one please or thank you from them, just demands.

I hope that the management decide not to continue with the all inclusive programme after the end of the contract. If they do this Hilton Hotel will definitely earn itself a one star rating, and lose the very good and loyal staff they have. If they do learn by their current mistakes and get rid of the all inclusive Russians then this hotel will continue to hold the Hilton reputation and their staff.

I have just looked at returning next year, but the cost is more than double all of the other hotel deals. I certainly wouldn't pay extra to go through that experience again!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of October 2006

NOT A 5 STAR HOTEL!!!

"The Hilton Hurghada Plaza does not live up to the Hilton name. I personally would never choose to stay in a Hilton hotel after my experience there. On arrival we were shown to a room below the reception area where the "sea view" was a huge bush. It was on the direct route to the beach and therefore people were passing the window constantly - not very conducive to a relaxing holiday. We were moved to another room when we complained but feel that we should not have been given that room at all. We then went for lunch in the main buffet restaurant. We were shown to a dirty table and the food was inedible, hard fish, hard and sticky rice and the tomato soup tasted like water with tomato ketchup. When we complained we were treated appallingly by two waiters who were very rude and did not apologise or try to rectify the situation. Eventually one of the waiters got another staff to speak to us and he said they would not charge us for the meal.
The staff were mixed, some were very nice and friendly and others were extremely rude and unhelpful. Unfortunately the latter far outweighed the former.
The hotel is in major need of refurbishment particularly around the pool area which is very run down. The pool was not cleaned during our stay and there was sand, clay and even food at the bottom of it. There were also broken tiles and the swim up bar stools were rusty and had paint peeling off them.
Our major complaint with this hotel was the overall cleanliness levels. Dirty glasses and full ashtrays were left overnight until well into the following day around the pool area and in the lobby. Tables were not cleaned and the floors were filthy.
This hotel does not deserve 5 stars. In fact i would not give it 2 stars. Recently I stayed in a hostel in Edinburgh which was much much cleaner than the Hilton and the staff were far nicer aswell.
I would advise anyone thinking of staying here not to."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of September 2006

Disappointed with the Hilton Plaza, Hurghada

"After having 3 wonderful holidays at the Hilton Waterfalls in Sharm I was expecting great things from this holiday! Be warned, the Hotel is going through a major repaint and all the access steps to the Hotel are being replaced with concrete slopes! No mention of this anywhere in the brochure. Hurghada town centre is a nightmare, the traders constantly harass and won't take no for an answer until you get quite rude! Far worse than Sharm el Sheikh! The access roads to the Hotel are being resurfaced and so to walk anywhere involves dealing with rubble and dust! We were generally disappointed with the standard of this Hotel and we certainly will not be booking again to this resort."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of September 2006

hilton hurghada plaza

"april 2006
the plaza in need of a revamp, it looks like a good coat of paint all round might brighten it up, all the rooms are a good size and are nice (but the air con needs attention it does not get cool enough we had them check it four times and it was still bad so we gave up and got hot at night) breakfast was good, and a bonus if you could get into the gondola that no one tells you you can go to. as for the pool area i found it dirty in places, all the staff however was very nice. outside if you are taking a taxi someware dont let the taxi drivers rip you off they will try every trick in the book, ie if you ask for a price make shure you ask a price for two, as when you end your journey, they will try and charge you more , and try to tell you the price was for one! apart from that i prefere sharm, hilton sharm dreams great hotel and you can swim and see lots of fish around the coral."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of April 2006

this hilton unfortunately didn't match o...

"this hilton unfortunately didn't match our experience of hilton feyrouz in sharm 2 years ago. Staff as helpful but overall quality lower -no fruit basket or slippers/gown provided. Had problems from unsupervised children next door sneaking into our apartment through adjoining door -had to report to reception twice before resolved. Only one pool means there's no avoiding loud, awful music accompanying tacky pool animations -aerobics, etc. (by the way, none of this at the feyrouz). Quality and range of food very good although publicity doesn't make it clear that other restaurants chargeable. Not impressed at having to pay for ice cream in the lobby either.
Be careful of trips with Libra holidays -one to a beach-for snorkelling -fine if you were confident but the guide simply pointed out where lunch was and then left us to it -I wanted my 13 year old son to have some tuition/guidance. No safety measures taken either which was rather worrying 'Full buffet lunch'? More like a piece of dried chicken and dried up salad -awful, plus having to pay for drinks. Trip to Luxor- the guide was better -well informed although poor english made listening to him difficult. Lunch in a 5 star hotel as promised ?don't think so - a cafe by the side of Nile, no air conditioning and pretty poor food, plus paying for drinks. Be careful also of the stops along the way -they rob you -charging 15 egyptian pounds for small pack of biscuits. take snacks with you if you can. Most ridiculous prices at hurghada airport -125 egptian pounds (£12.50) for 2 juices, pringles and pack of biscuits -a joke."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of August 2008

This was our first winter holiday, all i...

"This was our first winter holiday, all inclusive and resort stay... this place is fantastic, the staff are excellent. If you want one of the other restaurants on the resort which is also included in the AI price then you do need to pre-book, which is not a problem, all the food was fantastic where ever we ate, even some of the room service menu is included in the AI with a delivery to room charge of 50p!! The down side is nothing to do with the hotel more to do with the rather excessively rude Russians that seem to take over the place at times, manners were not a strong point with the ones we met during our visit, whilst at the opposite end of the scale were the welcoming and very polite Egyptians. If you want a restful and relaxing break this is the place to go, at the same time there is plenty to do if you wish, we took a taxi to Luxor (4 hour trip) and spent the night there with a room over looking the Nile all this was arranged by the limosine company on site in the Hilton foyer for around £350 including our own guide, entrance to all the temples etc and our car/driver, a days diving was also booked on site at the resort as was a days boat hire complete with crew - It is worth upgrading the room, we had a corner de-lux room with a huge balcony which was lovely to sit out on in the evenings even though it was a little cool at times - Excellent hotel and resort."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of April 2008

Hotels near Hilton Hurghada Plaza

Stayed at Hilton Hurghada Plaza? Share your insight.

Hilton Hurghada Plaza is also called