Pool

Good

worst hotel i have ever stay in

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"where to begin, unless you are itallian dont bother going to the entertainment as its exclusively in italian. the food is good but the staff are completly unhelpful to the point of avoiding you on most nights ie 5 out of 7 we had to ask at least 3 waitors for a drink and cuttlery to eat our food with even though we were all inclusive. even at any of the bars it was like you were a nuicence to the bar staff for them to get you a drink. the rooms are basic unlike advertised we had trouble with our air conditioniong which they failed to fix and refused for us to change rooms, the couple we were traveling with had an ant infestation on there bed of which they were offered a new room after about 15 minutes of arguing with reception. they only good think about the hotel were the beaches which i have to say are amazing.... fort arabasque has a long way to go to compare to any 4 star hotel in sharm or any nile cruise that is on offer, thomson actually recommended this hotel to me obviously because they were having trouble getting people to go there... absoulutly horrible week and if i had the option of coming home i would have left there on the 2nd day. this hotel reuined our first trip to egypt luckily we went on a nile cruise the week before which was one of the best weeks of our lives not even comparable to fort arabasque "

• Travel date: 29th October 2012

Best Holiday Ever

Reviewed 14th May 2012

"We've never been on a All Inclusive holiday before so i was a bit apprehensive before we went but i couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised.The food was amazing,so much variety.Utterly lovely staff whom would do anything to make your stay memorable.The rooms were huge,2 king sized beds per room,and when ever we left for the day we would come back to a beautiful creation on our beds,made of flowers and towels.The hotel itself was lovely.So much room to just either wander,sit and read or just relax and have a drink.The pools were fantastic,we loved sitting at the pool bar and just relaxing in the sun.We went there for my first Scuba Diving holiday abroad,i haven't dived for a few years so i was a little scared but all the people at the IDive Diving Centre were brilliant.And its only a little walk down the lovely beach to get to from your hotel.I cart recommend them enough.We have such lovely memories from our holiday and are already planning our next holiday there.You really don't want for anything.[It even has its own chemist in the hotel in case you need anything].The only downside to the entire holiday was Mozzys but providing you take sprays with you,you should be fine.I hope you have an wonderful time there"

• Travel date: 14th May 2012

what a wonderful week

Reviewed 24th August 2010

"just come back from a week at this wonderful hotel me, my partner, sister and brother in law had a brilliant time, the rooms were spacious and clean, the food was varied, there was always something that you wanted, the staff were really friendly and helpful and the gardens/pools were beautiful, the animation team left alot to be desired but i would recommend this hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: 1st August 2010

Stomach Bug

Reviewed 22nd March 2010

"We liked the facilities that were available. We did a lot of snorkeling off the beach, went on a snorkeling boat trip, used the canoes and even went parascending. We also loved the food. We found that there was a very wide variety which also often included chips for the less adventurous eaters. We thought that our end of the hotel was getting a bit tired and in need of renovation, which was actually happening to the next but one room to ours. It was quite noisey at times, during the daytime. Unfortunately we both caught stomach bugs. My wife's cleared up reasonably after a few days. Mine seemed a bit better after fasting for a day then came right back once I started eating again. I had to starve myself before the flight home and it then took about a week to clear up. Hurghada airport was horrendous on our return to UK. It is really a building site at the moment. It took us an hour and a half to check in, amongst people argueing about pushing in etc. We ended up being the last ones to check in which thankfully reduced our time waiting in the very crowded departure lounge and also ment that our luggage was the first off when we got to Manchester. We also met quite a few other people who had contracted the stomach bug and a few who had accidentally cut their feet on coral while paddling in the sea. Fortunately we had been forwarned about the dangers of coral before we left the UK. We feel that we won't visit Egypt again because of the high risk of catching stomach bugs. "

• Travel date: 22nd March 2010

first all inclusive experience

Reviewed 2nd September 2009

"Recently returned from Fort Arabesque, at Makadi Bay. Generally hotel quite good but evening entertainment not to our liking. Apart from theatre shows there were 3 bars with singers, unfortunately, the beach bar which had the best surroundings had the worst duo of singers and they should be sacked. We much preferred the Egyptian music they put on in their breaks! Singer at main bar near reception did have talent! Beach and snorkelling very good but you need to get to the beach towel man by 6am to get a sun bed. We were on the beach straight after breakfast but many people bagged their sun beds at 6am and then didn't appear until 11am! Sun beds seemed to available around the pool complex tho.Trips: went to Luxor 1 day - flying visit but very interesting and extremely hot 45C + at valley of Kings not recommended for children as 4 hour coach drive. 2 boat trips both enjoyable. Did get struck down with Egypt stomach despite constant hand washing, didn't actually feel ill but needed to stay in close contact with the facilities! Go to the pharmacy to get their mediction, Imodium does not work! Staff extremley friendly, tip your room cleaner half way through holiday and then you get even better service but don't be tempted to tip waiters as there are so many you wouldalways have your hand in your pocket. Just give to those you want to at the end although there is a tip box at reception which is supposed to be distributed amongst staff but not sure if this is done fairly. Would recommend hotel as had best beach area in Makadi Bay and was a relaxing complex which others did not give you that impression of. Despite stomach upset I would return as I think this can happen anywhere."

• Travel date: 2nd September 2009

GREAT HOLIDAY

Reviewed 6th July 2009

"Stayed for 2 weeks with Saga.first class all round, dive centre at idive very professional.First time my wife has been to Egypt,and she enjoyed it,will go again, would have liked chips sometimes and not so much pasta."

• Travel date: 5th July 2009

Superb Hotel with Excellent Service

Reviewed 23rd June 2009

"This was our first visit to Egypt and must say we thoroughly enjoyed our four week experience and would certainly consider returning again in the future. The Fort Arabesque Red Sea Resort is somewhat isolated and surrounded by numerous other hotels located in the concrete jungle of Makadi Bay. The resort is Italian owned and caters for Italians, British and German guests. During our visit it would appear that at least one third of guests were British. The hotel also offers a bus service into Hurghada twice daily for about £2.50. All of the staff are extremely friendly, polite and very attentive at the resort. Nothing is too much trouble for them and fully professional. Abdul and other staff in the Poolside Bar have a brilliant sense of humour and loved to play small practical jokes on guests once they got to know them. The cleanliness throughout the hotel and bedrooms is of a very high standard and bed linen and towels are changed daily. The room boys do an excellent job and we were treated to various objects made from towels (crocodiles to flowers). All rooms are large and airy and have extremely good air-conditioning, multi-channel TV (at least 3 English speaking channels), free mini bar (re-stocked daily), safe, hair dryer along with tea and coffee making facilities. The hotel also provides a good laundry service (free to Saga guests). The swimming pools are cleaned daily by the pool staff, although some dead flies still remained floating on the surface on some occasions. The beach is cleaned regularly with numerous sun loungers and you only have to swim out a few yards to view various species of fish. The food at the resort is of good quality and plentiful, with all tastes catered for. Breakfast: These are superb with a vast choice of cereals, fresh fruit, fruit juice and eggs in whatever way you want them cooked (omelettes of all descriptions cooked to order in front of you). Different types of bread too numerous to mention along with croissants. Also grilled tomatoes each morning with a selection of other dishes including sausages and various cheeses. Lunch and Dinner: Choice of two soups, which were delicious with a large selection of bread similar to breakfast. There was no shortage of salad with an enormous choice of dishes that were varied on a daily basis. For hot food there was usually at least two fish dishes along with options of beef, veal chicken, pizza and choice of pasta with ingredients that would be cooked to order. As other contributors have mentioned the main menu tends to repeat each week, but this did not prove a problem with the large choice of other available dishes. There was also a large range of sweets and plenty of fresh fruit to choose from for afters. All-inclusive guests are also entitled to afternoon tea (or coffee) with cake and biscuits. Some form of entertainment is provided most evenings in the Arena, but this was Italian orientated. The Poolside Bar provided a local singer each evening singing most songs in English. Main Bars: Open from 9:00am until 12:00pm daily and serving a selection of soft drinks (including bottles of water) and local alcoholic along with tea or coffee. In the Beach Bars and Poolside Bar you could also help yourself to cans of Beer, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Seven Up, Soda and Tonic Water along with numerous varieties of fruit juices. You could also obtain chocolate ice creams from either of the beach bars. The hotel also has its runs a dive centre which provides snorkelling and free wind-surfing, kayaks and catamaran rides. The only down side to our holiday was the higher than usual temperatures we encountered during the last two weeks, when temperatures reach 40C some days. I did encounter a small stomach upset for one day, but put this down to too much sun. A visit to the in-house pharmacy quickly provided me with a supply of pills for a couple of pounds and very quickly resolved the situation. "

• Travel date: 21st June 2009

Great Holiday/Hotel

Reviewed 26th April 2009

"All other reviews are pretty accurate. This is an great hotel - location, food, service, rooms, pools, snorkelling and beach are excellent. It has everything you need for a wonderful holiday and the all inclusive is very good. Only downside for us was that we only went for a one week break in the sun and 3 out of our party of 4 all had upset stomachs, plus so did most people we spoke to. Also unless you speak Italian the evening entertainment in the arena and children's clubs are extremely limited. Though this said we would definately go back and I'd recommend it to everyone."

• Travel date: 25th April 2009

Had a wonderful time. Went for relaxatio...

Reviewed 8th April 2008

"Had a wonderful time. Went for relaxation. One of the best beaches i have ever been to. Food was very good. As always something for everyone. There are two beach bars, help yourself or waiter service, the choce is yours. If you requiree food at any of the beach bars, it comes at an extra cost. I could not get my head round the idea of having to pay for "COCKTAILS" This gave it the rating of 4 star. All in all avery pleasant holiday."

• Travel date: 8th April 2008

We had read all the reviews and they wer...

Reviewed 3rd April 2008

"We had read all the reviews and they were all totally spot on. The hotel was exactly as described - total luxury. The room was exceptionally large with two king size beds, large screen TV with a variety of channels (mostly Italian and German but a couple in English). We managed to watch some films and programmes like Friends, Lost, Nanny 911 etc. but who wants to go to such a wonderful place to watch TV? The balcony faced west so we had a great view of the sunset and got the sun in the late afternoon. We could also see a bit of the sea but the view to the right was desert. The shower was great and big and the bathroom had a large sink, bidet and toilet and was spacious. The air conditioning was fine if not a little noisy but we turned it off and didn't really need it as the triple curtains kept the sun out and the room temperature was fine. The "maid"(all male) service was great - Joseph made interesting things out of the towels and the room was spotless. There was ample wardrobes and also a lovely settee and coffee table. The hairdryer was adequate for my hair which is short. There was a great selection of food at all times and something for everyone - I had to eat healthily for medical reasons and managed to do this although the hot food was often in oil or batter apart from the fish but that was also in a juice which I wasn't sure was totally oil-free. Pasta dishes were always on the menu. The food was VERY SAFE. We didn't have any upset tums. The waiters were all very obliging and efficient as were all the hotel staff and they couldn't do enough for us. They often asked if everything was alright and if we were happy and enjoying our stay. There seemed to be a lot of people and children with various disabilities and they catered really well for them. My husband has Altzheimers and I know we will come back here as the lock on the bedroom door and balcony are secure and not able to be opened by a wandering adult or child. Also although the staff were not told they took it in thier stride and would just point him in my direction when he couldn't remember where I was sitting after going up for another course or to the loo. The grounds are stunning and enjoyable to stroll around. We went on the beach everyday and there were always plenty of sunbeds although to get a shaded place you need to get there before 10am. The beach is sandy and the sea was lovely and warm and there are some little coral reefs fairly near so snorkling in fairly shallow water is possible. The hotel was massive in fact it is like two hotels with two receptions. We walked from one side to the other and it took a good 15 minutes. The hotel doesn't have an ATM and our rep said it is dearer to change money there so he recommended walking along the beach to the right past the Sunrise hotel and into the Meridian which we did twice. There is an HSBC inside the Meridian and inside the shopping arcade. Then it is up a little spiral staircase in the middle of the shops. Watch out for the sellers who will try to get you into their shops. We avoided them by saying we didn't have time as we were on our way to eat. The entertainment team were good and did their best to put on a variety of shows and the activities for children seemed good. They were multilingual. They have a big indoor arena with lots of tiered seating for the shows. There were singers in the two bars in the evening with what I would call easy listening music. We went on the trip to Mamya Island and it didn't disappoint us. We did pay the higher price through The Holiday Place and I remembered the review about the person who got food poisoning but our rep said he has never had any complaints or heard of anyone becoming ill from the food at the restaurant that we would go to on the island so we just had some salad and pasta and didn't touch the meat just to be sure and we were fine. Maybe some of the cheaper trips take you to cheaper restaurants on the island. But that's just my guess. What I liked most about this holiday was that it was so quiet, relaxing, stress and hassle-free. We have been on a Nile and Red Sea cruise and you do get fed up with people hassling you to buy but in this resort you are protected and have none of that. It is inside a walled resort so you feel totally safe. We spoke to people who had been to Hurghada and they got hassled all the time. Also it is so spacious with so many sunbeds that you know that at anytime of day you will be able to relax either on the beach or by one of the many pools. One word of warning I would give is about the beauty salon. My husband needed a haircut which they said would be 140 Egyptian pounds so we went in. While he was having his hair cut I got hassled to have a facial, nails etc. I refused which caused the staff to whisper in Arabic. They then all left the shop and the barber asked if my husband wanted a shave and his ears doing. Remembering his haircut in Turkey where they burn the ear and nose hair all in with the cost, I agreed but then he started plucking his facial hair with a type of twisted dental floss and then put cream and steam on his face. That procedure cost 400 Egyptian pounds. We came out feeling ripped off as it was a very subtle sell which we thought was all in with the haircut. By contrast the shop in the hotel is very good and they are pleasant, polite and helpful and don't try to talk you into anything. It is also well stocked with everything you need. I noticed that they were working on a new pharmacy for the future. The building work that went on was really cleverly done and you would hardly have known it was happening. All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone although I must be honest and say that my clubbing daughters would probably not have enjoyed it unless they found a club in one of the other hotels in the resort. We will definitely be back to this hotel as we couldn't fault it. The Holiday Place also really looked after us and we had super service from the local travel agent Eastmar. They sent a minibus to pick us up from the airport and take us back and the rep waited until we had checked in before he left us. A fantastic holiday. "

• Travel date: 3rd April 2008

Great Hotel - Superb Location

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"Just returned from a weeks break. Travelled with my sister and daughter. Have been to Egypt many times and stayed at many different resorts and I can honestly say that this is the best one we have visited. Staff are very friendly, courteous and helpful. Our rooms were excellent, two double beds in each, fridge, hairdryer etc:. Fresh towels and linen provided each day. This is the second time I have travelled on an all inclusive basis and I found the food of a high standard. There was a good variety of food on offer each breakfast and dinner. I can't comment on the lunches as we ate every day at the beach bar as soon as we saw they served fresh calamares and shrimps! Although this had to be paid for, it was excellent value! Plenty of activities on offer should you wish to join in (aerobics, salsa dancing, sports etc) although we prefered to laze on the sandy beach!. Weather was not fantastics (but we were expecting this ay this time of year). By 3.00/3.30 the sun had lost its strength but you are still able to stay on the beach. Have still managed to come back with a good tan. Beach itself is one of the best I have seen in egypt. Large with plenty of sunloungers. If you want a good spot, ask the beach guys to reserve you one. Went down at 7.15 one morning and most of the loungers had already got towels on them! Would recommend the massage, good value for money compared to UK prices. Went horseriding in the desert for a couple of hours one morning, Thoroughly enjoyable but would say that, perhaps, one hour is enough. All in all, if you are looking for a relaxing holiday and a good hotel, I would thoroughly recommend it, I enjoyed it so much that I have just tried to book for another week (with my husband) mid march but its full! Will definately return in the near future."

• Travel date: 2nd March 2008

Great for a relaxing stay

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"I had a wonderful relaxing time at the Fort Arabesque. The staff were helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. THere are 2 blocks - the old and new each block has a bar, restaurant and reception and regardless of which you stay in you can use either. In the new block where i stayed all rooms have a wonderful seaview. All inclusive was good. Breakfast til 10 - if you miss it then croissant and pastries are served in the pool bar from 10.30. All meals were buffet with drink served. In most of the bars you just help yourself to drinks in the fridges - ie water, juices etc. Lunch and dinner had a large selection of salads. 2 kinds of soup and plenty of hot meat and fish dishes to choose from plus fresh pasta station. Also plenty of cakes, sweet desserts and there were fresh strawberries daily and other fruit... etc etc. MId afternoon snacks served at the pool bar from 3.30pm chips/pizza/sausages.. The complex has 4 or 5 heated pools - one of which is protected from the elements with glass panelling. Also plenty of sunbeds on the private section of the beach. (Pool/beach towels provided)Catamaran ride and windsurfing also free of charge. There is a nice walk or cycle route which leads around the bay and a shuttle bus which goes into Hurghada twice a day for a small charge. All in all I would find it hard to fault the hotel on anything I only .wish I could have stayed longer!"

• Travel date: 8th February 2008

Hotels near Fort Arabesque Resort, Spa & Villas

Top traveller tips for Fort Arabesque Resort, Spa & Villas

• by dillybob

"lots of sun, sea and sakhara beer"

• by Daz

"Wouldn't go back after catching a stomach bug. "

• by gemoire

"Only saw Hurghada from coach - impression was a very poor town with alot of unfinished building"

• by Sonia S

"Just enjoy and try Everything"

Fort Arabesque Resort, Spa & Villas is also called