Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort

EL Dahar, El Korensh Road El Korensh Road, Hurghada Egypt

Good

Its what you make out of your holiday

"Very nice hotel, rooms very lovely rooms, cleaners really kept rooms clean they left swans made out of towels on the bed. Nice pool facilities, heated pool.

Food was repetitive, bland taste, nice selection of cakes.

Surronding locals were very friendly everyone wants to be your friend. They love haggling and want you to come in their shops, they make you believe you got a bargain.

Long flight, Egypian air staff are very rude and arrogant. Watch out for men can be very pervy."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of November 2006

Fantastic Time

"2 adults, 1 child aged 9.
Room a little basic in decor. Noisy but very effective air conditioning. Powerful shower. Very lovely grounds.
Private beach areas outstanding. Kept very clean. No problem finding a "spot" for the day as no early morning scramble for sun loungers. Sea gentle and safe for small children, need beach shoes though as sand coarse and sharp bits of reef scattered underfoot. Recommend glass bottom boat and free introductory diving lesson
Towels provided on beach free of charge
Restaurant OK, Clean. Reasonable choice of food, well presented. Perhaps a little bland as catering for diverse tastes. Hygiene standard appeared good.
Drinks reasonably priced
Without exception staff were courteous and efficient.
Lots of cats resident in grounds kept our daughter enthralled.
The Animations team invasive and amateurish but their evening programmes were OK.
Would thoroughly recommend this hotel as value for money and would return.
The Payne Family, Nottingham"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of August 2006

Great Holiday

Good

"My husband, 13yr old son and I visited the Shedwan Golden Beach hotel this month and had a great time. The hotel itself was lovely, rooms basic to what we would consider 4 star in the UK but very clean and comfortable. The staff were out of this world, could not do enough to help or assist in making our stay as enjoyable as possible. We offered a small tip of £1 per day to the waiting and cleaning staff and in return nothing was to much to ask.
Try some of the excursions - all well priced, Cairo by day was wonderful, although a 7hr bus trip we enjoyed every minute of it and to have Emad, such a well experienced Egyptiologist with us was wonderful. We visited the Pyramids in Giza the Sphinx and also the Cairo museum. Desert Adventure - again with an experienced guide we travelled into the mountains to meet the villagers - a wonderful experience. Snorkelling in Sharm El Naga - take care in the sun as there is always a breeze, wonderful day like swimming in a fish tank lots to see and experience.
To sum up our trip I can only say we will go back maybe even this year! Don't be alarmed by your first impressions, many buildings being contructed as this area begins to boom in tourism. Go and see for yourself and experience the people and the culture and enjoy!"

• Travel date: Mon 24th of July 2006

Excellent service!

Good

"When we arrived we didn't think it would be a great vacaion, because we hadn't payed a lot of money. The first day was horrible, we where exhosted and tired, and wheren't used to the heat, but the day after we learnt to drink enough water and stay in the shadows. The staff was extremely helpfull and friendly, evryone from the dooropener to the beach boy, to the cleaner. The food was perfect, lovely bufeet, and very good hygiene!
I went with my father and my little broter who is ten years old. the pool was very good in the mornings, but at the end of the day, it got pretty dirty.. There waas lots af cats in the hotel erea, but most of the time they kept themselvs away from people, unless somone gave them food.
The beach otside the hotel was a little dirty and anpleasent, but if you just walked to the next beach, it was much better!
Both I and my brother and father loved the place!
I recommend it to evryone!"

• Travel date: Sat 8th of July 2006

terror at Shedwan Golden Beach Hotel

"my name is lijana i stayed at Shedwan Golden Beach Hotel from the 10th to th 24th march, it was dirty the staff were unfrndly and the pool was full of rubish, would not recomend the hotel to anyone"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of March 2006

Jan. in Hughada

"Shedwan Golden Beach is a nice place.
Lovely winding gardens. The Staff was friendly and helpfull.
We were on a half pension so I can say both breakfast and dinner were adaquite. Nothing to write home about but still enough of a difference so the food did not always seem the same.
Got no bad tummy from the food. The staff are aware and do take care of hygine.
If you go in Jan. I recomend that you take some warm clothes with you. Long pants, sweter, light jaket.
I went from t- shirt and shorts to fleese jaket and long pants in a days time.
Even though the sun shines there can come a good hard wind from the sea , it is a bit cold.
Not alot of people using the pool. Mostly trying to find a place out of the wind so they could find a place to sit in pool clothes and not be cold.
Jan. is not the time to come here to work on your tan!
It is a time to go and not be surounded by soo many other tourists.
We took the day trip to Luxor and realy enjoyed it.
Also did snorkling on a day trip. The water is just warm enough that you will not hop out again but just.
Compared to other Hotels I saw in the area I would recomend Golden Beach because though it may be 20 years old there it does have a good atmosfere. Not so sterile as some of the newer ones."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of January 2006

Excellent Winter Sun Destination

"The Shedwan Garden Hotel is in the same resort as the Shedwan Golden Beach and shares it's facitilies. The hotel is palatial and the gardens lush albeit in the middle of what looked like Beirut. The actual resort is wonderful with a few restaurants (all with pretty much the same menu), a few shops and a bar (Papas II) at the end of the road, there is little else unless you travel out of the area, which we did on New Years Eve only to get completely ripped off by the taxi drivers. I would advise if visiting this area to take ear plugs as taxi's beep at anything and at any hour of the day so if your room is on the roadside of the hotel you won't get much sleep, another tip is that you may not see any mosquitos but they are there and 13 bites later I regretted not using the repellant from day one. The rooms are clean, the staff are lovely and the food is great - especially the Chinese Restaurant in the Shedwan Garden Hotel.

Eating al fresco at the Octopus seafood restaurant by the lagoon was a highlight, the food is gorgeous but when eating outside be prepared to flap away the flies - and also the local cats - but you do get used to it in the end. We stayed B&B for 7 nights from 30.12.2005 - 06.1.2006, the weather was amazing and I have never had a better tan than from this holiday. The buffet breakfast was ok, the fruit made me ill one day so I just stuck to the ommelettes and bread etc and I was fine. The beach was a bit gravelling but the pool is lovely.

The egyptians cannot do enough for you, they are very welcoming and hospitable, my boyfriend got a free cup of tea from a military policeman at the airport for example. However, I did get hassled a great deal by the men trying out their lines and charm which was a little annoying at times but the best way is to remain pleasant and patient at all times...and close to your partner!

There is a free booklet which gives details about the red sea - it is worth looking out for as recommends restaurants, bars, activities etc. It was given out free at the airport but we ended up getting it from the bar. It had a few tips on how not to offend locals etc which was interesting.

All in all it is a bit of a culture shock but it was well worth the £1300 we spent which was for just two of us but included our flights, accommodation lunches, dinners, drinks and souvenirs and it was worth the 5 hour flight."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of January 2006

Perfect!

"Big and lovely, many restaurants, near the shopping, nice people, nice rooms, big outdoors space with many pools and the beach was nice, especially the blue lagoon with the clear blue water and corals. Free beach/pool towels too. I was sick two days, but it might not be because of the food. The food was good and the hygiene almost unatural high. I could see employes cleaning the hotel all the time! Perfect for families because of the children areas, slides, playground, evening shows etc. The hotel also had internet cafe, "playroom" with billiard, playstation, tv etc. The service was also very good. They tried to do anything we asked them for and worked really hard. Supermarked 2 minutes away, where you could by water, soda, souvenires etc but no food. I recommend it to everyone. My vacation was unforgettable and also, very cheap! High standard for little money compared to others countries."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of September 2005

Poor Hygiene

"The food in the main hotel restaurant made me very ill, the food is prepared somewhere else and driven across hurghada in open back trucks in tempertures of 40 degrees and then re-heated not good. This I saw and was confirmed by members of staff. 60% of the guest were ill.
This is a popular resort for the germans so remember you have to get down to the pool by 7.30am with your towel to reserve you sun bed."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of July 2005

Lovely garden and beach!

"We stayed at Shedwan in January, and loved it! Hotel has large garden area and long private beach. Many good restaurants and bars.

Standard rooms are small, old and very modest, but bigger superior room are cosy and fine. I recommend to take a new superior room."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of June 2005

I went to Egypt for a two week stay in D...

Good

"I went to Egypt for a two week stay in December 2007. It was a really nice holiday.

I couldn't have been more satisfied with the excellent service at this hotel. The food was good, the cleaning was good and the service was more than I could ever ask for.

I went on several trips during my stay in Egypt. Of course I went to Cairo to see the pyramids and the sphinx of Giza, really impressive. The jeep safari was so much fun and the snorkling trip and the scuba diving was an experience for life!

Last but not least, if you're looking for a place to buy souvenirs, go visit the Ketchup shop which is situated in front of the Triton Empire Hotel and next to Diana Hotel in the downtown area, about 700 m. to the left from the Shedwan Golden Beach hotel. The owners of this shop are NOT like many of the other local salesmen. They are honest to make good business with and the best thing is that they are not pushy at all. "

• Travel date: Sun 27th of January 2008

The hotel is old but built to a high sta...

"The hotel is old but built to a high standard and still very clean and tidy. The food was very good with a mix for those less adventurous! The staff friendly though our unfortunate experience of a sarong taken from our room and towels and goggles from the pool sun beds, meant we had to deal with the reception staff on several occasions.

Their customer services left a lot to be desired to the point they thought we were lying! Once I involved the manager it was far better but we didn't get a satisfactory conclusion to either incident and Airtours have never responded to the complaint since we got home.

For a good deal in the sun and friendly staff fine, but hang on to your belongings, the staff cannot be trusted!

• Travel date: Sun 27th of August 2006

Hotels near Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort

Stayed at Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort is also called