its okay

Reviewed Wed 1st of September 2010

"ive used this hotel with my family several times a year for the last 8 yrs, the staff always helpfull- foods always been good, nice menu also on the beach,plenty vollyball etc on beach afternoons, gr8 pool. the dive centre is fantastic xcelent staff boats+crews;; this is egypt get out an about enjoy the culture, if u are polite to the staff they are very polite with you,they want you to stay, sure you can put up with the odd problem, hey we are british, they will sort any problem out, you want respect, give it, u wont find nicer people [email protected]"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of August 2010

Very leasent hotel

Reviewed Mon 10th of May 2010

"Well we are in Egypt. The standard are as acspeted. But we have been at the same hotel 3 times and will go back there again. The hotel is an oasis in the middle of central Hurgahada, Sequalla. Caos and paradis, We love it. The staff is exellent"

• Travel date: Sat 8th of May 2010

Gutted

Reviewed Thu 6th of August 2009

"We stayed for a week at the hotel, it was listed as 4 star, however it missed things such as door handles, tiles, the phone was riped out of the socket, the front door would not lock... we were changed striaght away to a new room and it was slightly better.

If I had been given an accurate description of the hotel then I would have not been as disappointed. I arrived with my gym kit to find no gym and most of the facilities advertised as being all inclusiver were not! if we did not go to eat as soon as dinner service commenced then we would end up eating cold, unapitizing food. I guess, you get what you pay for.

It is in a great location and we did have a fantastic time!

It's a shame as the outside of the hotel is beautiful (at the back) and the staff were frienldy, hard working, funny and extremely acommodating!"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of August 2009

Egypt

Reviewed Fri 13th of March 2009

"Visited Egypt in February 2009, very interesting place, but once was enough for me. I had read the hotel reviews before booking and they were not good, but thought that I needed to have an open mind, 'and that was a mistake'. The hotel rooms were very dirty, the food was extremely bland and boring and certainly lacked variety, everyday was the same kind of food with a minimum choice of 6 dishes. It felt like being back at school with the dinner lady watching over you as to how much you took.
The tours were great Luxor for Valley of the Kings, Myhma Island. We flew to Cairo to see the Pyramids and that was great apart from when we took the horse and carriage ride to get nearer to the Pyramids to take some photos. PLEASE FOLKS THIS IS A WARNING TO YOU ALL, if you do decide to take the horse and carriage ride to the Pyramids PLEASE DO NOT leave your bags in the carriage if it is suggested to you to get closer to the Pyramids to take photos. I did this and nearly had money stolen from my bag, and got back to the carriage just in time to find the guy zipping up my bag, 'can't say any more on the matter, but please please be warned! Driving in Cairo for me would be a no no, 4 lanes became 6 and crossing the roads was a absolute nightmare.
I am however glad for the experience of visiting Egypt but it is not one of my favourite places and I have travelled extensively. I do hope this review will be of help to anyone wishing to visit Egypt.

• Travel date: Thu 12th of March 2009

Going again in December

Reviewed Fri 27th of February 2009

"First of all i paid £107 b/b for a room in feb school hols and thorougly enjoyed it.
I feel a lot of the gripes i've seen are over the top. We had a good sized room with a tv ( bbc world news and english film channel ). Lovely pool leading to the beach and sandy entrance to the sea to snorkel or swim.
Glad i didn't stay all/inc as it was so cheap to eat and drink out ( 2 mains,3 pints,1 water and 1 mint tea for a tenner at Spicy on the main street ).
The breakfast was geared to eastern and russian tastes but was edible if unusual. It consisted of salad stuff, cheese,potatoes,eggs, very nice bread, nice danish pastries, pancakes, ham.The freshly made orange juice was 15Le but the other drinks were free.If you are adaptable and don't need pukka pies for brekkie it was enough to set you up for a lazy day in the almost guaranteed sun.
Some of the white towels or sheets can appear a little grey but they are clean, and if unhappy with them then just ring the housekeeper from your room as we did and he will be there like a flash to try to put things right. This hotel is on the main street and very handy for banks (hsbc over road ) and restaurants,bars and shops. People will ask you if you would like to see their shop or wares but just walk by with a polite no thankyou and a smile and understand this is a poor country.If you don't like to barter there is a fixed price market over the road (2 cornettos 60p ). The new marina walking area with bars and shops is very nice although some of the backstreets are very much like a building site. Paid 60Le from the airport to the hotel so don't let them scam you.You get free sunbed towels each day which could save you weight in your case even if they are a little short. Hoping to go again in december."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of February 2009

Do Not Book This Hotel!!

Reviewed Thu 12th of February 2009

"This hotel is the pits! We had booked it for 7 nights. But we stayed for one night and then left and rented an apartment for the rest of our holiday. The room was terrible, it smelt of drains, the beds were about 10cm's off of the floor and had dips in the middle of the obviously very old and warn-in mattresses, the furniture in the room was falling apart, the bathroom was dirty and smelly, the breakfast was basic to say the least, we picked up 2 orange juices and the waiter tried to charge us £1.50 each for them, so we put them back. We were offered 3 slices of cheese with our stale bread and dirty cups for our tea and coffee. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone. We have stayed in hotels in Egypt before at varying grades, but this was the worst we have ever experienced. The staff were also very rude, not Hurghada’s usual standard!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of February 2009

went to aquafun hotel in may 2008 was we...

Reviewed Sat 13th of September 2008

"went to aquafun hotel in may 2008 was well pleased with staff as they were very polite and helpfull,could not do enough to help, food was very good,also rooms small but very comfortable,hotel was perfect for myself and partner as it had its own pool and private beach,only thing i thought was unfair was all inclusive but we still had to pay for mini bar and orange juice which really i dont think was bad.overall we enjoyed the two weeks at aquafun and are planing to return next year...."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of September 2008

Food was awful, my mother in law is cook...

Reviewed Tue 5th of August 2008

"Food was awful, my mother in law is cooking better, and that means a lot.The staff was rude and was telling me alll the time I have to buy a dog if I want to give orders.I often had to pay althoug it was all inclusive, they asked me if I believed in verrytales; the only thing that was inclusive were the cockroads all over the bedroom obviously also the only roomservice we saw.
At 6 o clock in the morning they told us there were no eggs, so breakfast was not possible that morning.

• Travel date: Tue 5th of August 2008

Worst service, worst rooms , rudest staff

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"The staff are probably the rudest people i have ever met

The hotel is old , run down and falling apart

DONT GO THERE !!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of March 2007

go there no problems

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"booked this hotel for one week over xmas 2006, when i read some of the reviews i was a bit worried? how ever i thought we`ve only paid £127 for one weeks b/b for the two of us we`ll just have to make the best of it. well all i can say is that some of the people who have written some bad reviews about this hotel must havebeen expecting the ritz or the hilton, admitidly it is not a 4 star hotel more like a 3 star, but you`ve got every thing you need for a relaxing holiday.
the rooms are more than adequate with large balcony, aircon/heating tv and mini fridge, they were cleaned every day and fresh towels every day. breakfast was a bit boring the usual fair boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, ham, cheese etc.
the beach was on the small side,but all the hotels along the coast have their own bit of beach that is cordoned of ,so they are all about the same size . there was a nice bit of coral reef just to the left with quite a lot of fish so ok if you like snorkling , all in all if i ever go back to hurghada i would definitely consider staying here again."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of December 2006

Loved the Hotel

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We have just come back from a lovely 2 week break at this hotel, we also booked a last minute deal, you cannot go by what other people have written. we where bed and breakfast, good choice of food, staff very helpful, room lovely overlooking the pool, the cleaniness was 1st class. As being regular visiters to Hurghada we would deffitnley go there again."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of October 2006

Do not go there for eating correctly !!

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We booked this hotel before reading this site...what a mistake !!!
Most of the reviews are REAL. If you stay there in All Inclusive...what a mistake too!! You will eat always the same food : chicken, chicken and chicken- fried fish, fried fish and fried fish - carrots (without salt and only boiled, boiled cole), rice, rice and rice. There will be no good surprise, never! People do their best but I think they received only some euros by person for preparing food...you will be spoiled for the cost of your stay.
If you have the possibility, take only bed and breakfast and go eating around for some euros."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of August 2006

Hotels near Club Hotel Aqua Fun

Top traveller tips for Club Hotel Aqua Fun

• Miss G by Miss G

"Hard Rock Cafe, Hed Kandi Bar, Sinbads Aqua Park. "

• rhino by rhino

"good swimming,brash town but fun "

• rhino by rhino

"Spicy on the main street "

• groovy by groovy

"Friendly locals, fun activities and a true eye opener! "

• groovy by groovy

"Scuba dving - Mohamed Abu Elela e-mail [--] "

• Sven by Sven

"Absolute our favorite hotel in Hurghada "

• dave the diver by dave the diver

"very nice place to be "

Club Hotel Aqua Fun is also called