Club Hotel Aqua Fun

Sheraton St Sakhala, Hurghada Egypt

Good

Worst service, worst rooms , rudest staff

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"The staff are probably the rudest people i have ever met

The hotel is old , run down and falling apart

DONT GO THERE !!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of March 2007

go there no problems

Good
Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"booked this hotel for one week over xmas 2006, when i read some of the reviews i was a bit worried? how ever i thought we`ve only paid £127 for one weeks b/b for the two of us we`ll just have to make the best of it. well all i can say is that some of the people who have written some bad reviews about this hotel must havebeen expecting the ritz or the hilton, admitidly it is not a 4 star hotel more like a 3 star, but you`ve got every thing you need for a relaxing holiday.
the rooms are more than adequate with large balcony, aircon/heating tv and mini fridge, they were cleaned every day and fresh towels every day. breakfast was a bit boring the usual fair boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, ham, cheese etc.
the beach was on the small side,but all the hotels along the coast have their own bit of beach that is cordoned of ,so they are all about the same size . there was a nice bit of coral reef just to the left with quite a lot of fish so ok if you like snorkling , all in all if i ever go back to hurghada i would definitely consider staying here again."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of December 2006

Loved the Hotel

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We have just come back from a lovely 2 week break at this hotel, we also booked a last minute deal, you cannot go by what other people have written. we where bed and breakfast, good choice of food, staff very helpful, room lovely overlooking the pool, the cleaniness was 1st class. As being regular visiters to Hurghada we would deffitnley go there again."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of October 2006

Do not go there for eating correctly !!

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We booked this hotel before reading this site...what a mistake !!!
Most of the reviews are REAL. If you stay there in All Inclusive...what a mistake too!! You will eat always the same food : chicken, chicken and chicken- fried fish, fried fish and fried fish - carrots (without salt and only boiled, boiled cole), rice, rice and rice. There will be no good surprise, never! People do their best but I think they received only some euros by person for preparing food...you will be spoiled for the cost of your stay.
If you have the possibility, take only bed and breakfast and go eating around for some euros."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of August 2006

Do not go

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Right next to not one but two building sites chipped and cracked crockery some very lazy staff - food terrible - could not wait to get away from this hotel and by the way confusion this is rated as a 3 star hotel and not as some are lead to believe a 4 star so i am told
cockroaches.in dining room"

• Travel date: Fri 12th of May 2006

Hotel from Hell

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Keep well clear of this hotel!!! This Hotel ruined our holiday! The worse place I have ever been to in all of my years.... Fully Inclusive was not Fully Inclusive! food was for a Soup Kitchen! And as for the Italian Bar!! What more can I say!! Laughable!! Was a lookalike waiting room where you would wait for your train at your local train station. A total Dump, Dirty, Low Class, Cochroach ridden, beds were filthy, broken, and full of itchy things, I came home with rashes all over my body! Stunk of sewers at night, couldnt sleep! was choking from the smell!! Food was appauling, we all had food poisoning on a daily basis, the staff were as bad as the hotel, sleazy, dirty and always trying to sell you stuff from the minute you got up until the minute you went to your room, you never had a minutes peace, instead of having a relaxed holiday it was totally stress ridden!! We could not bring any food or drink in the Hotel from outside that we purchased, it was confiscated from you instantly by the Staff on the door!!!! The Hotel was a run down B&B with Staff!! A complete No STAR RATING DUMP! The biggest mistake I have ever made in booking a holiday! The Manager of this Hotel has a lot to answer for and So do the tour operators....... for letting people pay good money go there for their holidays.... Purgatory!!! Never Again!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of May 2006

Please take heed and do not go there

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"This hotel is disgraceful, my friend got a rash from the dirty bedding and, we all go so ill because the good was disgusting, I only stayed one night in the flee pit whereas my friends stated a week before I arrived. When I checked out the next day 8 other people did also. I think it is disgusting that this hotel is advertised by travel agents as 4*. I would rather chew razorblades then stay in a hotel like that again.
That is my comments on the hotel, next, the staff are ripping everyone off, they were as dirty as the hotel itself."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of April 2006

AWFUL HOTEL DO NOT STAY THERE!

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"I am not normally one for writing reviews, but this hotel was so dreadful I felt I had to. There is nothing redeeming about this hotel. The staff were sleazy and inappropriate, the bed and TV were broken, the food was cold and dirty, they reused the left overs from the previous night's dinner for breakfast (mashed potato for breakfast!), they had used construction sand to create the beach and so the list goes on. We moved after two nights to another four star (Titanic), which was heaven in comparison. This is by far one of the worst hotels I have stayed in."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of March 2006

Avoid at all costs

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Having booked a last minute deal via teletext was looking forward to staying in the advertised 4 star hotel for New Year. Was promised 4 star all inclusive accomodation with a Gala Dinner to celebrate New Years Eve.
On arriving at the 'hotel' remarked to my partner that I hoped that the rooms were cleaner that the reception and receptionists desk-little did we know.
Where do I start??? Standard of rooms, last decorated 1970, with broken curtain fittings , cigarette burns in what bedding there was, and raised, and open manhole covers across the facilities. The standard of cleanliness was poor with grey bedding and towels. It could not even be redeemed by the food, 'when' available it was sparse, and tepid. In respect of the all incluisve option the beach bar stocked beer, and coke only and that was sporadic. When asked for alternatives was told these were not available. On complaining to reception, it took the rest of that day to send 2 bottels of white wine down. After much wrangling with the rep for 2 days eventually moved with 2 other families to alternative and true 4* accomodation. Now have the joy of trying to recover the additional monies we paid back from the travel operator-you have been warned!"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of February 2006

Absolutely awful hotel, do not go!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"I booked this hotel as a last minute deal and expected so much more from a 4 star all inclusive!

The hotel complx itself is ok, the pool area is large and it is right on the beach (red sea).

This is definitely not an All Inclusive Hotel!!!!
We went to the Lobby Bar after arriving and were told that you had to pay for drinks here!!!!! (There was a sign saying Lobby Bar, not for All Inclusive) Terrible, I have never heard such a thing!
We were then directed to the Italian Bar and were shocked to find what looked like a dirty old cafe!
The seats were stained with what looked like sick and drinks, it was dank and uncomfortable!
We ordered a drink and there were 4 bottles of spirits to choose from. My Husband decided to have a Gin & Tonic but was told he would have to pay for the tonic! He was not prepared to pay for this as we have already paid for an All Inclusive Hotel! We then decide to have a beer and they pull out a large bottle and start pouring it into 2 cracked glass tumblers. We ask can we have the bottle and are told No, we have to pay for it!!!
By this time we ahve had enough and venture back to our cold dank horrible room!

The next day we are relaxing on the beach (Which is private and part of the hotel - you can only get to it through the hotel)and are harrassed every 5 minutes by people wanting to sell us trips and bits! We just want to relax and explain that we will go to them if we want anything but still the harrassement continues!

The breakfast, lunch & dinner menu is truly awful, there is hardly any choice! All there seems to be is different types of beean, salad (Do not go near the salad) and bread!!!!!!!!!

There is an ice cream place on the beach but you have to pay for that!!!

We notice one day they are cooking on the beach and go over to get some but are told that we have to pay!!!!!!!

We are then harrassed again by people in the hotel wanting us to pay & reserve for the Christmas Eve meal! I was not prepared to pay anything more to this hotel as I have paid for an All Inclusive!

The food outside of the hotel is very very cheap, so if you do visit hurghada just go for a bed & breakfast or self catering option!

Myself & my husband had food poisoining for 5 days, not suer if this was hotel or boat trip but heard of lots of other people that were ill as well.

The overall experience of this hotel was horrible, I am in the process of trying to get some money back.

A complete waste of money, our Christmas was runied!
Do not go anywhere near this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of January 2006

its okay

Reviewed Wed 1st of September 2010

"ive used this hotel with my family several times a year for the last 8 yrs, the staff always helpfull- foods always been good, nice menu also on the beach,plenty vollyball etc on beach afternoons, gr8 pool. the dive centre is fantastic xcelent staff boats+crews;; this is egypt get out an about enjoy the culture, if u are polite to the staff they are very polite with you,they want you to stay, sure you can put up with the odd problem, hey we are british, they will sort any problem out, you want respect, give it, u wont find nicer people [email protected]"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of August 2010

Very leasent hotel

Reviewed Mon 10th of May 2010

"Well we are in Egypt. The standard are as acspeted. But we have been at the same hotel 3 times and will go back there again. The hotel is an oasis in the middle of central Hurgahada, Sequalla. Caos and paradis, We love it. The staff is exellent"

• Travel date: Sat 8th of May 2010

Hotels near Club Hotel Aqua Fun

Stayed at Club Hotel Aqua Fun? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Club Hotel Aqua Fun

• Miss G by Miss G

"Hard Rock Cafe, Hed Kandi Bar, Sinbads Aqua Park. "

• rhino by rhino

"good swimming,brash town but fun "

• rhino by rhino

"Spicy on the main street "

• groovy by groovy

"Friendly locals, fun activities and a true eye opener! "

• groovy by groovy

"Scuba dving - Mohamed Abu Elela e-mail [--] "

• Sven by Sven

"Absolute our favorite hotel in Hurghada "

• dave the diver by dave the diver

"very nice place to be "

Club Hotel Aqua Fun is also called