Bella Vista

Sheraton Road, Hurghada 11511 Egypt

Good

Very nice resort with an amazing private beach

Good

"This is a very nuce resort, amazing private beach and pool. Rooms are very clean and spacious mostly with a nice view as well! just request a nice view upon booking. Staff are mostly helpfull.. Buffet breakfast is delicious with a big variety of pastries and hot dishes as well and omelet station! ALL WAS GREAT except for the SPA massages are bad and over priced for no use especially that the employee there was not professional and gave us a price for a massage and after having it he changes the rate and raised it and made us pay for it always pay first and don't try the massage anyway not worth it! and beware of the employee there not trust worthy and very annoying this is must try resort after all"

• Travel date: Fri 8th of October 2010

I loved being there very much! The rooms...

"I loved being there very much! The rooms are good, hotel garden, pool and bars are very beautiful and hotel's beach is quite small but there are perfect conditons for sunbathing or a little snorkeling. Hotel stuff is very friendly and on last days it feeled like they are friends. One bad thing was that there weren't any night programmes or parties.
I really loved my holiday in Bella Vista and I want to go back there already."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of March 2008

The first time we visited Bella Vista Ho...

"The first time we visited Bella Vista Hotel. Nice rooms and good food. Staff of the hotel is friendly and willing to help if you have a question. The beach is nice with umbrella's to give you some shelter against the sun. Very nice view from the rooms and the beach.

We went out 4 days of diving with the voodoo divers which was very good. Strict with the rules and the guides are the best I have ever dived with. The days we were not diving we went out to make some excursions. Luxor is the best, you don't believe what you see there.

Also the quad safari was something special. Driving through the dessert."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of December 2006

We booked our holiday through www.divegu...

"We booked our holiday through www.diveguide.nu in Sweden. Firstly we were promised another hotel. At last minute it was changed to Bella Vista. My first impression was that it was quite shabby.

The room was Ok, but not in the best condition. No hot water for the first 5 days, and then very little water in the shower. On the dive guide site it showed a picture of a dbl. room and very different bathroom to what we got. When we asked for the dbl room (double bed) it was extra, quite a lot more expensive.

The food was nice, but the staff kept trying to get us to order 'extra' drinks and cocktails that we would have to pay for. (we had all inclusive). It was very annoying! There were also other dinners and shows which 'all inclusive' guests were not entitled to so then it was also extra. If we said no thank you the staff got angry and walked off (not all of them but 1 or 2 who kept trying to sell)

The diving centre, Voodoo divers on the premises were TERRIBLE! Rude, arrogant and very unprofessional. They also tried to get us to pay extra even though all was pre-paid. I have never met such a bad and rude diving centre ever and we have dived all over the world. We ended up diving with Colona Divers which were amazing and very service minded.

The beach was lovely and the volleyball great fun! Good that the hotel was in the centre of Sekkela so we could do some good shopping too. Hasam Mohammed was the best waiter! We might return again but I doubt it.

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of September 2006

Having travelled a lot and working in th...

"Having travelled a lot and working in the hotel industry myself I was very pleased with the hotel. They gave us a good rate as walk-in guests and upgraded us to a ocean view room/suite upon our return from a Cairo excursion.

The staff must be some of the most professional I have met and we would only be so lucky if we could receive such wonderful, polite and friendly service in "the western world".

My absolute warmest recommendations.

• Travel date: Fri 15th of September 2006

We were so pleased with the facilities a...

Good

"We were so pleased with the facilities at the hotel that we are returning in September. Upon booking I made a special request for a double bed and upon arrival had found we got just that and the room was very spacious and very clean. There was hot water if you let the shower run for a while and the cleaners always tidied the room each day. Room service at the hotel amounted to 20p stg and the staff could not do enough for us. The mini bar prices were the same as those charged in the rest of the hotel bars.

The private beach was clean, uncrowded and very relaxing. The sea water, although very salty is beautiful. You didn't even have to take your own towels as you get 2 beach towel vouchers per room. Waiter service is also readily available on the beach.

You do tend to tip quite a lot in the first few days but be careful as any staff who pay particular attention to you during your stay will expect an overall tip when you leave. The food at the hotel was good however I am glad we stayed bed and breakfast as the restaurants in Hurghada serve outstanding food at very cheap prices.

The resort is beautiful and excursions are easy to book when you get there, I would not advise doing this through your rep as the price doubles.

Getting hassled whilst downtown to come into shops does get to you after a while but I found if you are quite blunt and say you are not interested, they will leave you alone.

All in all I cannot wait to go back and would recommend the hotel Bellas Vista without reservation."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of March 2006

The bella vista had good points and bad...

"The bella vista had good points and bad points, the rooms were a bit shabby but they were clean. We often had no hot water, the food was only mediocre.

We were not allowed to buy any water or drinks outside the hotel and bring them although water at the hotel bar was 8times the price it was in the shop next door. There were a number of shops in the lobby of the hotel and if we were having a drink at the hotel bar the shopkeepers would hassle us and try to get us to go into their shops...this was so annoying and the hotel staff did nothing about it. The staff wanted money every time they brought down a drink, changed an ashtray etc and my partner was charged double the normal price for cigarettes at the hotel bar by a sneaky barman.

The cleaners left our balcony door open 6 times in two weeks and they would hang around the room waiting for us to get back from the beach so they would get a tip. The private beach was very disappointing, it was tiny, sun loungers were at a premium and the sand wasn’t very clean, twice I stepped on bottle tops embedded in the sand. The service was good though and the waiters were very attentive...overly so at times.

Overall I wouldn’t return to bella vista, in fact our entire experience in Egypt was so unpleasant that I will not be going back, but as i said it was clean and the service was quite good."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of January 2006

We went to Bella Vista last august and w...

"We went to Bella Vista last august and we are returning again this year in March, we found this resort amazing, food, drink and service, we would highly recommend this resort to young and elderly couples and families. The staff were all friendly and willing to help from all angles, apartments were very clean. The private beach is definitely a plus with all diving facilities and sea trips. I would highly recommend Bella vista"

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of December 2005

We never had hot water. The water press...

"We never had hot water. The water pressure was low and on some occasions it was not strong enough to come up the shower pipe.

The bedroom and ensuite were shabby.

The toilets at the pool area were very dirty and on two occasions had excrement on the floor.

The food was mediocre all round, on a day we got a take away breakfast the bread rolls were stale.

The cleaners always turned off the air-conditioning in the room after cleaning and on two days they left the balcony door unlocked.

All in all I would not recommend this resort to anyone and I cannot understand how it got a three star rating.

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

Hotels near Bella Vista

Stayed at Bella Vista? Share your insight.

Bella Vista is also called