Aracan Pyramids Hotel

198 EL-Haram Street, Giza 12111 Egypt

Good

Don't go there if you can help it!

"The hotel lived up to some of the experiences shared by other Trip Advisor users which I read AFTER I came back... First, the check-in took 2 hours of waiting since they were cleaning the room. When we reached the room, they were STILL cleaning the room. The Hotel Lobby looks good but the corridor leading to the rooms stinks. The room is sparse and has very little sound protection so you can hear the traffic from the road throughout the night and day. The bathroom did not have water when we checked in and the repsonse was "We're undertaking some repairs-it'll come in some time".

The hotel seems to be running because unsuspecting poeple like us have mad ebookings through an agent or through the web. Genuine advice - Don't Go There!"

• Travel date: Wed 16th of June 2010

Amazing hotel

"I am a bit of a picky traveler- cleanliness is of utmost importance to me- and I assure you, this place was MARVELOUS. Absolutely perfect. Perfect service. Amazing housekeeping. Great food. Superb location. . Not one complaint about this hotel. Great location very close to the pyramids and all other attractions in Cairo and Giza cities. I loved my stay and will be back soon."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of June 2010

bussiness trip

Good

"i found this newly renovated hotel in pyramids street.
before it was awful by only seeing it from outside, but after it was sold to other management, (as i heard) i would now recommend anyone to go there.
everything is new and well organized, the rooms, completely new furniture, with good scence of style, clean, comfortable bed. the view is awesome. u can see the pyramids from ur balcony.
the food, oh!! very large variety, nice quality, good taste...
about the staff, they are so helpful. and the service is great..
compared to the previous state of the hotel....this is something else.."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of June 2010

Fantastic stay

Good

"We were on a trip to the 'Holy Land' and our first stop was Egypt. As a group around 70 of us stayed in this hotel. The food was good, rooms were clean, staff were courteous and overall it was value for money. We have ensured that next time we recommend all our travel groups stay in this hotel. Coming from India, one thing which we noticed is that they do not provide water to drink alongwith food and we have to buy it. This is a cultural thing, as in India, we are used to having water. Maybe a point for the hotel management to consider and be more culturally sensitive so that when large Groups from India come and stay, free water is provided. In the long run, this cultural orientation will provide more benefits to the hotel and value to travellers like us."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of June 2010

was bad but now it's a WooooW

Good

"i know this hotel from long time ago ... i used to hate it ... but this last visit ... i have only one word ... WOOOOOOOW ... totally renovated ... new style ... new management ... even the buildings it self does not look the same ... nice pool a medium one but still nice and cozy ... cool restaurant not so big but nice and family type ... the whole stuff are friendly except for one guy he was not so friendly ... i did not like him ... also the view ohhhhh what a nice view ... i got one of the high floors so i was totally seeing the pyramids for up there ... room service is a little bit late but worth the wait ... delicious delicious delicious food ... i got some nice gifts from the gift shops (not so big but nice) ... a 5 min. walking distance from the pyramids ... i liked food the best but room was a little tight but nicely furnished ... all i want to say that you will see me there a lot ..."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of March 2010

I have nothing to compare this to, but...

"Honestly, I don't know what is standard for a 4 star in Egypt, but I can't really recommend this hotel. After visiting Cairo, I know that every place is probably noisy, so I do not hold it against this hotel that it is noisy, as I am sure they all are. (Welcome to Cairo!) In fact, the traffic noise is so persistent that it did not bother us at all.

The first problem is that it is huge, with the trappings of a fancy hotel (doormen, bellmen, pool, lounges, shops), but without the nice rooms that you might expect to come along with all this & it is located so that you really can't walk to anywhere that you might want to see.

This was an adequate hotel, not terribly expensive, but nor cheap, either. This hotel looks pretty great from the outside, and has an expansive, shiny lobby. The staff is helpful and courteous. Rooms have a balcony overlooking the very noisy street (mesmerizing place to watch the amazing Egyptian traffic.)

Although the beds are comfortable enough and the sheets are soft, the rooms are not especially clean (very, very dusty with construction dust, hair on bathroom floors, dirty woodwork) and have nasty indoor-outdoor carpeting. Dingy towels, dirty windows, dirty balcony, sparkling clean, freezing cold swimming pool, loud, bizarre nightly entertainment. We were told that it recently remodeled and reopened, but the remodeling is still underway, and it shows everywhere.

The breakfast buffet is huge, with a lot of variety, but nothing is tasty. There are 15 different kinds of mediocre pastry, but none of the delicious bread of Egypt, the pita.

The staff is helpful."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of January 2010

Itchy, scratchy toilet of a hotel

"To describe this place as utter dog [--] would be too generous. The initial impressions are not too bad when you see the pool area en route to your room. However, any visions of a relaxing sojourn where one might luxuriate in a tranquil Egyptian oasis are soon shattered upon entry to your accommodation. The bathroom floods like Boscastle as they haven't discovered a little invention called 'shower curtains'; i'm not kidding, the shower was a nozzle and the base of a shower but completely open! In fact, a shower curtain would probably do little as the plumbing is that rudimentary that it is verging on third world, let alone third rate. The stains and calcium marks in the toilet bowl add to the general gloomy feel and this is not alleviated in any way by the other fittings and fixtures. The beds are desperately in need of replacements and the poorly fitting doors and windows need some remedial attention in order to make the rooms mozzie proof. Maybe that way the poor soul staying within would be able to distinguish between whether the welts and bites were caused by the mozzies or by whatever else is living in the bed. The general standard of disrepair and discomfort is exacerbated by the fact that the hotel obviously scrimps on housekeeping- the rooms were unkempt, the towels were old and dirty and little things like the toilet paper being so cheap that it is not even fit for purpose, just to name a few highlights. I decided to go to the bar in the hope that a few beers and a stiff night cap might numb the pain of staying in this hovel.

The bar was like some once gaudy, 1970's village hall that had been allowed to become decrepit (no surprise in this hotel). The seats make you itch and the bar staff have the annoying hustler trait that seems so prevalent in that part of the world. Ordering a drink became a tiring battle to establish the true cost of a beer and then an epic duel of wits to get the grinning, grasping, greasy little bar man to relinquish the correct change. You expect it when looking around the bazaars, but not in the sanctuary of the hotel, surely? I mean, please, give me a break.

After only an hours sleep and one of the worst, most uncomfortable nights of my life, I ventured down for breakfast, itching and scratching all the way. Breakfast was more like feeding time at a Thai Zoo, and we all felt like we had to work for our 'treats'. This is largely down to the fact the waiting staff are about useful as a chocolate tea pot, and the vast array of small stale rolls are simply not appetizing on their own. There was a large bowl of hard boiled eggs but no sign of any butter or condiments or even cutlery! Thats probably why there was long queue for the lone chef cooking eggs (he issued a knife and fork with the eggs). Sorry, did I say eggs? I meant Egg as one is all you'll get before being moved on. Not worth the queue at all, although essential if you want some cutlery. What was I missing at this point? Oh yes, coffee. I had ordered some upon arrival although I had to seek out a waiter rather than him come to me. Had it appeared? No. One might be forgiven for dreamily imagining that they may have dispatched a rider to Kenya to pick the coffee beans, it had been so long. But no, it was just because they were useless. I eventually got my coffee and like everything else about this hotel, it left a sour after taste in my mouth.

Avoid this glimpse into purgatory at all costs and stay elsewhere. I think they just rely on large groups coming through to visit the ancient Pyramids- there were many such groups when I was there. A demolition ball could do several million pounds worth of improvements to this place."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of July 2009

worst food

"Well where do you start just got back from sharm le sheik hotel piramidis hotel its self is nice, pool lovley but if you like swimming in the north pole then thats fine for that was how cold the pool was .They had 7 restuarants like they said but never telt you that you need to pay for 3 of them and they would have gave you the same things as all the other places did for the 2wks we were there. They had same breakfasts ,lunches ,dinners all either with a different gravy or sauce absoloutly terrible if you like chicken ,rice hamburger you,d fit in nice no variaty at all.Entertainment crap nothing to do except fight you,r way to tryn get a seat to relax in lobby ,no named bevrages all the local stuf like drinking parafin,the pool bar also give you the drinks in plastic cups 2 mouth full and its finished.Not ahotel of a 5* that what it was ment to be also no faciliaties to make coffee or tea in your room and thats allinclusive"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of January 2008

most horrible experience of my life

"cockroaches, poor hospitality and horrible breakfast. There is absolutely no maintainance in this so called 3 star hotel. They even refused to provide breakfast to kids!"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of December 2006

Hotels near Aracan Pyramids Hotel

Stayed at Aracan Pyramids Hotel? Share your insight.

Aracan Pyramids Hotel is also called