Flamenco Beach and Resort

Kilo 7 El Quseir - Safaga Road, El Quseir 84712 Egypt

fantastic flamenco

"This is the csecond time that we have been to this hotel, that says a lot for it.
The staff werev ery attentive to our needs, both within the hotel and on the beach, nothing was too much trouble.
The hotel was extreemly clean and well decorated.
The variety and presentation of the meals was excellent.
The beach was not large but the sunbeds had ample room around them.
The snorkling was impressive with a large variety of fish and coral,easily accessed form the jetty."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of April 2008

First Time to Egypt

"I have remained neutral about overall holiday as am not really sure so I will tell you my experiences and you can judge for yourself,feel free to email question and have got 300 photos to choose from.

Great looking resort directly on beach,never too far to walk for anything,a long jetty carries you over the brilliant house reef,we saw fish even better than the Maldives.

Sun rises at 0550 and there was no cloud at all during our 14 night stay.Temperature ranged between 42 - 48C but was easy to stand as humidity was only 20% so no sweating at all.Sun goes down at just after 1700hrs,some earlier months you may need a wooly but we did'nt.

Plenty of space on beach,we had a paracol/two sunbeds with mattresses & towels everyday. The gardens are amazing,I could'nt believe how much colour there was.

Inside resort was immaculate,very clean indeed. Food was varied and good but got a bit boring by second week,overall quality good,meat sometimes undercooked so need to ask. Also cooked and ate outside which was lovely and romantic as you could gaze at the moon/stars. Swimming pools are also very good and clean with an excellent poolbar.

We went halfboard and felt water was a little expensive at £1.20 per 2litre bottle,have yet to work out what All Inclusive would have cost but we spent approx £200 during the holiday with about £70 on water alone.

They are very health & safety conscious which was superb especially for those with children. Money is easy as each Egyption pound is approx 10p therefore making LE100 + £10.

Visiting El Quesair was an experience,you have to be firm with the locals though.

To finish it was nice that there were NO mosquitos which to be honest was incredible so if you always get attacked don't worry here cos there are none.

Email:- [email protected]"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of April 2008

ok hotel

Good

"Lovely grounds, very good staff. Food ok. Animation team - very very poor. Pools great. Overall average hotel for a winter break, would not stay for two weeks"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of March 2008

Thoroughly enjoyable holiday

Good

"My partner and I had a lovely week at this hotel in September 2007.

The staff are very obliging, hardworking, and polite, the hotel is clean and reasonably modern.

The grounds of the hotel are vast, there are so many areas to lounge around but getting a sun lounger can be a challenge!! 'Reserve' a lounger with your towel is my recommendation as early in the morning as poss!!!

The beach isn't suitable for swimming, the water is very shallow until the end of the pier and it can be pretty choppy as far out as that! The water is crystal clear and there is a marked path through the water where you can snorkel.

The food wasn't bad, (we were half board). The evening meals being better than breakfast in my opinion. There are SO many Egyptian dishes to try, I have never seen so many different pastries! The Italian in the hotel was very good, service excellent, and very good steak.

As far as entertainment goes, we didn't experience a lot of evening entertainment. It was so warm in the evenings we were happy to just wander around and relax. There are some good (but quiet) bars within the complex. The alcohol (especially brand names, smirnoff etc which they have to import) are very expensive. Beer though because it is brewed locally is very cheap and apparently perfectly drinkable according to my other half!

We went into the town of El Quseir one evening, the holiday reps will warn you about the locals, they will heckle you and try and get you in their shops. You just have to be firm with them and if you're just looking, tell them so.

We arranged our holiday through Thomas Cook and we did the day trip by boat to three islands to snorkel. This was a great experience and gave plenty of opportunity to see so many different fish.

We also scuba dived with the diving school that is on site. Having never done this before I was nervous but the instructer we had was very good."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of January 2008

Exceeded expectations

"We spent from 19 Dec 07 to 3 Jan 08 at this hotel ,the group being parents, son and girlfriend (25) and daughter (23). Nothing was too much trouble for all the staff. This is from the housekeeping to the general manager and special praise goes to Themis the food and beverage manager.The hotel was clean and food very good. The gala dinner and events for Xmas were superb and really brought back the real meaning of Xmas with a candlelit beach and the true nativity story recreated with live animals. New Year was spectacular with a superb huge tent and entertainment until the early hours. We have stayed at 5* plus hotels in the caribbean especially the Sandals chain and I would rate this as one of our best holidays and equally comparable. See this area before it gets too commercial which will happen if Hurghada is anything to go by. Animation team were active all day and night and the shows were such fun and you make your own fun out of life. Weather windy for few days but still hot and a lovely temperature. would really recommend this hotel and the local area if you want to see real Egypt not the commercial sanitised areas others have become."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of January 2008

Chill-out central

Good

"I read the previous review with surprise. Five of us - three adults, two small kids - stayed at the Flamenco Beach from 4-18 January. We had a fabulous time, not least because the resort is beautiful, and because of the hard-working, ever-smiling staff.
El Quseir may not suit everyone. It's a small, sleepy town - that's its charm. It is probably way too low key for clubbers, five-star service freaks or culture vultures. There's a fort, and a fab beach restaurant in town (hi to Salah and the guys at Marianna's). Otherwise, the shops are poorly stocked, with the exception of Yasmine Perfumes (eeh-oop to Ash).
But if you want to unwind in beautiful, spotlessly clean and chilled-out surroundings, the Flamenco Beach is the perfect choice. There is plenty to do - from camel rides or hiring bikes to explore El Quseir and the surrounding desert to stretching classes, water polo and even darts. When the wind dies down, there's great diving and snorkelling on the hotel's in-house reef. The nightly folklore show is very under-rated (if only the music afterwards was as cool - take CDs. Bribe the DJ!)
Above all, the staff work tirelessly to make your stay at Flamenco Beach a pleasure - especially for kids, who are fussed over and spoilt rotten. Special salaams go out to Ahmed, Hamada and Mohammed - Recreation's Three Muskateers - who work morning, noon and night to keep all guests of all ages happy and entertained.
In a nutshell, if you need a cheap and cheerful break to recharge your batteries, it doesn't get much better than the Flamenco Beach & Resort.

Karen, London"

• Travel date: Wed 24th of January 2007

VERY VERY ............................average to poor

"I was very happy to see the reviews for this hotel prior to our visit all very positives...then we arrived.

The hotel is good in appearance four star is an exageration I believe two would of been fair. The rooms are clean but very basic we had no hot water for the majority of the stay call me a snob but a 4* hotel even by egyptian standards should have hot water, the beds however are comfatable.
The buffet is basic and boring at best luke warm bland food was the norm. The people are friendly and make an effort but in reality seem clueless most of the time (makes you wonder even more how they built the pyramids).
To say this is in the middle of nowhere is not an exaggeration. Peaceful yes but also very boring as with the pool being chilled (you would think) during the night to make it unbearable to 90% of the guests. The beach is clean however with the weather being very cold sunbathing was out of the question.
The trip to luxor is definatly worth doing seeing the valley of the kings are one bearable day. To be brutally honest this trip has put me off Africa as a whole and will be returning to the tried and trusted carribean next year."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of January 2007

So nice, but a bit cold!!!

Good

"Great hotel!!!! El Quseir is really in the middle of nothing but is pretty close to Luxor (valley of the kings) and the barrer reef is amazing! I reccomend this holiday for couples or families. The hotel is divided in two parts the flamenco beach resort and the flamenco resort: the first part is directly on the beach, the second part is divided from the first one by a street but you still have the seaview. There are four swimming pools, two beach volley courts, a tennis court and many other activitys... I had an all inclusive formula so we ate at the flamenco restaurant which was a bit boring (always the same things) but good, especially desserts... Cocktails are not that good and alcool is expensive. I had a great time with my boyfriend for New Year going to the desert by motorbike looking at the sunrise, it was an amazing New Year's Eve. Just a suggest: if u can go there at anytime the best period is September or June and during winter time is not that hot in there!!!! Infact we spent a week from the 28th of December to the 4th of January 2007 and there were 25 degrees but a very strong wind so sometimes the beach it was not that pleasent.
Enjoy your holiday at the flamenco, it will be unreal!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of January 2007

OK hotel

"We just returned from a week at the Flamenco Beach Resort in El Quseir and were there over New Year. As I rely on this website so much when we book our trips I felt compelled to write a review of this hotel.

This was our first trip to Egypt and so I have nothing to compare this hotel with, but I understand that there are some fantastic hotels in places such as Sharm el Sheikh. This hotel is, in my opinion, a typically Egyptian hotel and is quite basic. It is immaculately clean and the staff will do anything for you, but the bottom line is that the rooms are basic. When we checked in we were disappointed to find that we had quite a small room and as there were three of us including our 3 year old daughter, we were quite cramped. Also there is not much storage space for your clothes.

The food is done buffet style and is very tasty, much better than I expected. There is a variety of different things every night and they barbeque out on the patio as well. There is also a good Italian restaurant where you can have lunch or dinner, and they do great pizzas and pastas. Also for lunch there is the beach bar where they serve burgers, fries, toasties etc and all are good and very cheap.

The thing that spoilt our holiday was the fact that we had NO HOT WATER for the first 5 days of our week's stay!!! They had a problem with the boiler and whilst they were very apologetic and did everything they could, we had lukewarm (at best) showers for most of our holiday. It was only the day before we left that the water started running hot. The manager was very apologetic and sent fruit baskets & wine, and gave us a free lunch & late checkout on our last day, but I would rather have had hot water for the duration of our holiday.

However there are lots of positives - the staff are all lovely and very friendly; Mohammed in the kids club was great with the children despite not speaking much English. The food is better than I would expect for a 4* half board hotel, and the beach and desert setting is beautiful. The pools are lovely and very clean although the water is so cold that we couldn't use them. It was very windy while we were there and the windbreakers on the beach came in very handy, but you had to be up very early to reserve one as the hotel was at capacity. They made a huge effort on New Year's Eve and put on a lovely gala dinner with lots of entertainment which was great.

My husband did several dives and he said that the people who ran the dive centre were fantastic, and the diving there is very good value. I think he paid about 270 euros for 6 dives.

If you want a hotel with places to see around it then this is not the place for you. The nearest town (El Quseir) is about 3 miles away and there's not much there apart from a few tourist shops and coffee bars.

I would definitely return to Egypt but not to this hotel, I think I would stick with one of the larger chains eg Marriott / Raddisson."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of January 2007

I've been there many times and i love it! low...

Good

"This is a great hotel in el Quseir. i've been there 3 times so far and i like it veeery much. i live in egypt for nearly 4 years and Flamenco is in my top 5 of favourite hotels"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of November 2006

3 visits in 10 months - Amazing Hotel!

"Our first visit was with Thomas Cook - Oct 08. and the second visit was 10 weeks later, again with Thomas Cook - Jan 09. Our third will be August 2009. What a fantastic find! We have never been so spoilt on a holiday and have recommended this resort to everyone. We even met people who were on their 13th visit!!

There are a lot of comments about the resort not catering for English guests but this may be because there are so few English people there. If you make the effort to speak to the staff you realise everyone is treated the same, you just need to let the staff know you are there. The reviews below are spot on, so I'll just add a few helpful tips.

On arrival at Marsa Alam airport there is a short queue for your visa stamp, then its straight through the security check to collect your baggage and off to meet your Travel Rep outside. You pay for your visa when your board your coach to the resort. This was the only money we exchanged prior to the flight - WE FOUND YOU GET A BETTER RATE IF YOU EXCHANGE YOUR MONEY FROM THE HOTEL BANK!!

Once we arrived at the resort, we were quickly signed in from this point on, we didn't have to lift a finger. The staff are very friendly and will do EVERYTHING for you. On our second visit, we were invited to a cocktail reception with the hotel manager. There is no harassment from staff for tips either. If you wish to leave tips, you can put your money in the tip boxes at Reception.

Towels are provided in your room and are replaced daily. This is the same for on the beach. Just hand in your card, chose a sun lounger and a member of staff will bring you the mattresses- we didn't bother taking any towels on our second visit.

You will need to take Crocs / Jelly shoes as the coral is very sharp in the shallow water, and you must take a snorkel set with you!! The fish are amazing!

There is always some you will like at meal times, salads, meats, pasta dishes etc but if you do not want to try their dishes, they serve fantastic burgers and fries in the sunshine grill! TRY THE DESSERTS!! I had no idea what I was eating half the time and I cannot wait to try it again! You can buy mini bar packs of water and fruit juices, which work out cheaper than buying individually. All meals and drinks are signed for and charged to your room - you can either pay at the end of your stay or, as we did, pay every few days to keep a check on how much you are spending!

The locals can be intimidating on excursions, and as mentioned below, we were caught out by the "Police" taking our picture. We said we had no money and they had some of our water instead. If you leave your belongings on the coach, locals are less likely to harass you because they can see you have nothing.

Finally LADIES: Be prepared to do absolutely nothing on this holiday!! The majority of staff at the hotel are men, and as in their culture, they will direct questions to the men. This is not to be seen as being rude. It is just the way they are. It was great not having to make any decisions for the whole time we were there!

We can not wait to go back!!

• Travel date: Wed 8th of July 2009

Horror Hotel

" booked a holiday for my wife and step son on the 13 April 2009 to Flamenco Beach Resort, Marsa Alam, for 1 week half board.
The Hotel was advertised as 4****.
The flight was good and they received good service on board.
The transfer was uneventful.
On arrival at the hotel my wife and son were towards the head of the queue of roughly 15 customers.
What happened next : the three tourists ahead of them were given keys to rooms almost immedialtley with exchange for passports . When it was my wifes turn for keys,they were sectioned off from queue and receptionist told them to wait.
All other tourists had received keys and my wife then asked '' Is there a problem with passports'' ?
Receptionist replied there were no problems and gave them keys to room 402.
On entering wife and son noticed high levels of noise.On looking out of the window she noticed that the room was overlooking the kitchen yard. The manager on reception said that noise from generator will stop later and he can not change room ( maybe tomorrow).
After dinner we then found all the following problems:

- shower blocked
- fridge disgusting (see photos)
- floor uncleaned(see photos)
- all surfices were uncleaned(see photos)
- curtains were disgusting(see photos)
- dead insects on the bedding

After 5 attempts of trying to change the room and showing serious concern that this was a 4 **** Hotel, I believed - they had placed us in wrong Hotel.
At 3.20 am (after 4 hours of Hell) I suggested that we sleep in the reception area.
Then we got another room.

My second major serious concern - Food.
Breakfast - vegetables were from previous nights dinner(dry muck),fruit drink was from unknown source (undrinkable).All other food was of a very poor standard.
Dinner - fruit every evening was rotten (black bananas, tangerines and guava-? with Worms!. Main courses was very poor standard(fish?-was fried fat, old hard peas...Everything was tasteless!)

This holiday from Thomas Cook was not as advertised 4 **** Hotel!
My wife has intensive travel around the world and this hotel made her dream of the comforts of a Travellodge room and meal in Macdonalds.

• Travel date: Wed 29th of April 2009

Hotels near Flamenco Beach and Resort

Stayed at Flamenco Beach and Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Flamenco Beach and Resort

• allymullen by allymullen

"Marsa Alam is one big Alarm ! "

• barmeakin by barmeakin

"Must go on the Luxor Valley of the Kings excursion "

Flamenco Beach and Resort is also called