We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Turtle's Inn

Abu Tig Marina El Gouna, El Gouna, Hurghada Egypt

Good

Excellent small hotel

"Although the hotel didn't have a pool, we had permission to use the pool to a larger hotel in the same resort, only 5/10 mins walk. The hotel is surrounded by restaurants, covering every choice of cuisine. We ate at a different restaurant every night, some more expensive than others but all providing excellent service and good food. The staff at the Captain's Inn were friendly and helpful, the rooms always clean and well maintained. If you take a day-trip to the pyramids/tombs, I would suggest you fly, rather than go by coach, so as to get there before the masses/queues form and before it gets too hot. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of March 2009

Both my partner and I were very impresse...

"Both my partner and I were very impressed with the area and the hotel. It was a meant to be a 2 week Kite surfing holiday and that’s exactly what it was.

The accommodation was lovely and more than adequate for a B&B. The evenings were quiet, but romantic and Abu Tig Marina has a lovely tranquil feel.

The local beaches are great for Kite surfing with a steady wind everyday and they accommodate you fantastically with kite storage, a bar (always a must for us girlfriends) and kite buddies who launch and land for you... us girls are sorted!

I can vouch for the day trips in to Luxor and quad biking in the dessert both were great fun and gave you a real sense of traditional Egypt.

Everyone that we came across whether it be locals, tour guides, reps ect were all lovely and I will definitely be returning in the future!"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of June 2007

I actually think it was 2003 I went....

"I actually think it was 2003 I went.

The resort is very strange - it’s brand new but meant to look traditional - it’s all very squeaky clean and a bit odd. It very much lacks in atmosphere but the restaurants are good (but none sell "Egyptian" food - they’re French or Italian or...) and the staff are all friendly - but there did seem to be a few of us wandering around who were a bit dazed and confused - it was also very quiet. I imagine if you’re in one of the full board or golfing hotels you might not notice it as much.

The beaches are a bit basic - certainly not Caribbean like but you can see tropical fish and coral. You can also do plenty of day trips - quad bikes in the desert, snorkelling etc.

There is a proper village near by where I guess many of the workers live and there is a regular minibus to take you there. It’s touristy - lots of markets selling rugs and knick-knacks and restaurants that although touristy seem to have a more authentic air just because they’re not brand new. We also found a restaurant that didn’t seem to have any tourists by asking staff at the resort.

The first room we were allocated at Captains/Turtle Inn was tiny. It was on the ground floor with doors onto a large shared but basic courtyard and just about had room for a double bed. There certainly wasn’t any room to sit and have wine whilst getting ready - in fact if you were in the room you were on the bed. The courtyard wasn’t usable and we didn’t know whether we would be safe to leave doors open and if we didn’t we’d have no air (other than the conditioned variety). We complained (we’d been told we’d have a balcony) and got an upstairs two bed roomed apartment that was a little bit bigger and had French doors that opened (not onto anything) but meant you could get some air and have room to swing the proverbial cat.

We went for a cheap winter break to get some sun and to relax. And that we did. If this had been something we’d looked forward to for ages, spent lots of money on or hoped to get a real sense of Egypt we’d have been disappointed.

• Travel date: Sat 1st of November 2003

The Turtles Inn in El Gouna was one of t...

"The Turtles Inn in El Gouna was one of the best holidays that me and my partner have ever been on. The staff where very friendly and welcoming towards us both (especially Magdi who became a great friend).

The rooms where lovely and clean, fresh clean bedding was received each day. The food in the hotel its self was up to great standards. The local restaurants and pubs where superb, (best food I’ve tasted yet!) The beach was lovely and clean and we felt very welcome by the locals.

There is a local bus approx charge of £1.50 for the whole week that you can take in to the nearby towns to buy all your holiday souvenirs, but be ready to haggle on prices. There are regular boat trips you can take each day to discover the actual beauty of El Gouna's surroundings. All together this holiday was a breath taking, relaxing, unforgettable holiday that we shall be taking again very soon.

• Travel date: Sun 1st of February 2004

Hotels near Turtle's Inn

Stayed at Turtle's Inn? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Turtle's Inn

• alisoncooper by alisoncooper

"A very nice, quiet, safe resort - lots of boats and people to watch "

• alisoncooper by alisoncooper

"Day trip to the tombs (take the plane not the coach) "

Turtle's Inn is also called