Three Corners Rihana Resort

Tamr Henna, El Gouna, Hurghada Egypt

Friendly and relaxing resort

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We spent a week here in late february and had a great time. I was a bit concerned about the variable reviews before i went - particulalry about the food. But happily we found the staff nothing but helpful and the rooms clean and the food tasty and plentyful. even for a veggie like me! I'd agree with reviewers that say this is more of a 3* hotel - however i think thats the local rating.
We only had one fault with the room, when the shower head broke but it was fixed very quickly (within about 30mins) and without a fuss.

Its probably worth knowing that the hotel is run by a family from Belgium and there are very few British guests - this wasn't a problem for us as everyone was friendly.

Its also worth doing the dine aroud el gouna program and checking out the Indian down at the marina - its the best i've had in ages and really cheap as it was covered in the AI deal we had.

The weather was warm during the day but dropped in the evening so warmer clothes are a must. I'd recommend going on the trips to the bedouin evening and paradise island for the snorkling.

Overall the hotel was great value and if I were the sort to go to the same place twice i'd be tempted to go back."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of March 2008

Great resort for your money

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"As two single women who had only been to sharm before, we did not know what to expect in El Gouna, and I have to say the resort was great. The only thing we were a little upset with was the size of our room. The entire resort was clean, The food was lovely, well cooked and had flavour, yes, dishes were repeated on a regular basis but hey after the food we had eaten in naama, it was great to actually find something which was edible. The waiters looked after us and we never had to ask twice for a drink and they were always huge. We met some lovely british people who helped make it fun for us both. The pools were lovely and the beach was nice though we never found how to hire a canoe. Outside the resort was dead so we really had no choice but to stay in and enjoy the night time activities (they were funny in a really really bad way) and if we had been there for two weeks it definately would have become too much."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of February 2008

I wish I'd stayed in England..

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"Where can I start.. Lets start with a positive. The hotel building is very good. Its quite modern yet traditional and has a lot of potential. The lagoon is beautiful as well, calm and clear. The problems started the 2nd day. We woke up, put our sunbathing gear on, walked outside, and it was cold.. I mean too cold to be outside without a good size jumper at least. I'd been told Egypt is warm all year round, but it certainly wasn't then.

At breakfast, the choice was pretty much: cereal or pancakes. They had a toaster, but no matter how many times you put the bread through, nothing happened to it, it just ended up like stale bread. And if you wanted orange juice, you had to pay for it - no so much all inclusive is it?? You also had to pay for water in the room, anything out the minibar, and any drinks after 11pm.

Lunch was just as bad. If you like spag bol then this is the place for you - if you think you might get sick of it after eating everyday for a week, then go elsewhere!!

Dinner was supposed to be themed every night, and apparently the chinese eat spag bol, and also in India!?!?! Strange.

We ended up eating out in El Gouna every night, where you could find very nice food, but a bit pointless paying for All Inclusive.

The main bar at night is basically a tent, which meant wearing a coat out at night, which wasn't the greatest thing in the world.

Our rep was from Med Hotels. We decided to book two tours, one to Luxor and one to Cairo. These were charged at £500 for all three of us. Unfortunately, Med Hotels thought they could get away with taking £500 out of my bank account twice without me noticing, and left us with no money for the holiday.

When we actually went on the tours, our 5 year old son was not allowed to take a blankett from the room with him on the 5 hour coach journey which left at 4 in the morning. Not exactly helpful.

We also had no bath at all in the room, which for anyone with kids, will know is a nightmare... 3 weeks of "it's in my eyes!" did not go down well.

Just to top it all off, we left 300 egyption pounds in our room (about £30) and the cleaner took it, and then denied it ever being there. Then our little one caught chicken pox from the kids club (the people running the kids club later said they knew a girl there had chicken pox already and let her stay in the club) so we couldn't fly home. The hotel refused to deal with our insurance company directly, consequently we spent £250 on calls to them in the UK. The hotel would not compensate us for this either.

All in all - HOLIDAY FROM HELL"

• Travel date: Thu 24th of January 2008

Good holiday but without delight

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We are just back from holiday at Three Corners Rihana. We found it quite nice and good value for money. Of course as every resort this one has its own pluses and minuses.
The hotel is quite big, busy, and international (mostly Belgians and Scandinavians). It will take a while until you stop getting lost trying to find anything :) But it’s really nicely maintained (at least outside). There are a lot of plants, paths, water features, resting places and so on. The swimming pools look great (we can’t say anything about our experience of them as we are “beach ppl” ) but they exaggerate a little with animations.
The lagoon beach is alright. They have quite comfortable beach furniture and it’s very clean. If you want to get to the sea beach you have to travel about 10 minutes by shuttle bus (it goes every hour and it’s free). But the beach is not too cosy – only grey, a few buildings, some beach beds and parasols and the rest is miles of grey sand.
Rooms are very basic. You get some kitchen equipment but it’s useless as you are not allowed to eat in your room (Ninja ants!). It’s a pity they don’t provide kettles but you can boil water in a pot if you need. There are some problems with water in general. Most of the time it’s not warm enough (at least for me) or there is no water at all like for 20 minutes, then it’s back. Probably it happened because we’ve been there in January but that’s even worse as I get cold very easily and I couldn’t have a really hot shower.
What is a big advantage of the resort is the very nice and helpful personnel, everywhere – reception, buffets, bars, beach, cleaning staff. Good news for women - all service is by men ;)
What is the worst – absolutely poor night entertainment. There are 2 bars for all inclusive – first of them is very cosy but is small and you can’t smoke inside so ppl go to Peanuts Bar in the evening. It’s a place completely without any character and atmosphere with terrible, very bright lighting. You have to listen to an Egyptian couple who make poor covers of some popular songs and treat you with the same ones almost every night. But if you have nice company and enough alcohol you are able to get through it :) Forget about varying music and dancing (unless you don’t mind doing it in full lighting on 2 square metres).
A lot of people complain in their reviews about food. It could be better but we find it alright as well as the choice of it.
A few tips:
- If you go there in winter time take some warm clothes. It starts being chilly in the late afternoon and it’s really cold in the night (I didn’t have enough of them and that was my pain).
- Remember to have some English money for your visa at the airport in Egypt and for duty free shops (you’ll save money on exchanging fees)
- Be careful with tips – they want them everywhere
- If you smoke – Egypt will be Eden for you (a packet of 20 cigarettes is about £0.50) so don’t buy any in England, duty free shops or in the plane."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of January 2008

Great value for money

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We went to the Rihanna resort this month with our 2 kids (4 and 1) and were really pleased with it. The rooms are really nice and spacious. We had a family room(large double, single and cot), overlooking the lagoon, which was really nice and quiet at night.
Its a great place for kids, the lagoon is safe for them to play in, as the kids swimming pool is a bit deep for a toddler. The kids club was a bit dissappointing, but there is a nice playgound and other kids around to pay with. Moussa, the camel also is worth the £4 ride around the hotel grounds!
The food was fine! You have plenty of choice as to whether you want to eat healthily or not! Plenty of everything, we didn't queue once. They even have a separate area for kids, offering different food and they dont care how much mess they made! In such a large all inclusive hotel , you cant expect a la carte food. We did eat at the italian in the hotel one night which was very cheap and nice.
The staff were really nice, we didnt feel obliged to tip them although we did leave a nice tip for the cleaner as the towel designs really impressed our 4 year old!
One thing that we did notice was that this hotel is ideal for wheelchair users, unlike anywhere else we have been in Egypt.
El Gouna is a bit like being in the Truman show. It all feels a bit fake and not really like Egypt, but if you dont like bartering its ideal. Dont go there if you like shopping either. BUT on the plus side, you do feel very safe in El Gouna and dont get hassled like elsewhere in Egypt."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of January 2008

Great Hotel!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"I stayed at the Rhiana Resort with my partner in December 2007. I was very pleased with the hotel overall. Upon checking in I requested a room with a king sized bed as opposed to 2 singles. The reception staff were very helpful and moved us immediately to a lovely room overlooking the main pool.

Our room was great. A very comfortable bed, very spacious with a high ceiling. It was always cleaned to a very high standard and as I was a Silver member of the Three Corners Reward scheme (if you have stayed at least once before) we received a basket of fruit and wine on our second day. The all inclusive drinks were okay (all local wines and spirits as standard). I was a bit disappointed with the food however. I had stayed at the Three Corners Ocean View Hotel in El Gouna a few years ago and had expected the Rhiana's food to be of the same standard. It was just a little bland and it certainly lacked the care of presentation I had hoped. However we sooned learnt that the hotel offers a 'dine around' scheme whereby you can book to eat at a sister hotel in El Gouna. We ate three nights at the Ocean View Hotel (and just got a tic tok there for £1). The staff there were great and allowed us to eat there all inclusive instead. I would definitely recommend you check this hotel out! (we also sunbathed there during the day as I preferred the location, next to the lagoon.)

Within the 'dine around' scheme you can also choose to eat at the hotel's 2 restaurants on-site. We went to the Italien on 2 nights and each time we only payed £1-5 for the three course meal!!! (you get 40 egyptian £ off per person and all drinks are included). We dined out one night but found that the restaurants outside the hotel were comparably quite expensive (£35 for 2).

The hotel staff were generally quite friendly but we did feel like they expected tips all the time and my partner did get into some some disagreements over the price quoted in the spa on site. We would also avoid the Benduin night arranged by the hotel-it didn't last that long, the food was a bit dodgy and we were the only english couple!

All in all a great hotel for the price! I would certaily recommend it."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of January 2008

Good Break

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"My wife and I stayed at the Three Corners following a week cruise on the Nile.

First impressions were not great, we arrived late and tired following an incredibly uncomfortable 5 Hour bus transfer from Luxor. All that seemed to greet us was a very busy restaurant that appeared to have all the atmosphere of a school canteen, and some pretty basic rooms.

That said, the 3 Corners was a much more pleasant place in the light of day having slept off the hangover from the transfer.

The main restaurant remained very busy and school canteen like, but the food was of a reasonable quality and the choice is vast at each meal time. We preferred to use our 40 Egyptian Pound allowance and eat at one of the other non-AI restaurants, the Italian being the pick of the two. Food there is good quality, good value, and the place is far more relaxed. There are plenty of Bars dotted around the various "corners" and drinks menu is reasonable with all spirits at least tasting as they should. Evening Entertainment left a little to be desired, but I suppose that is a question of taste, Karaoke, or Cabaret are not really my thing.

Hotel Staff are generally pleasant and efficient. Annie the Guest Relations Manager deserves particular mention, nothing seemed too much trouble for her as she juggled customers talking at least five different European languages in the process. She lead a hotel welcome meeting on our arrival which was very useful and far more informative than the sales pitch you get from your Tour Operator.

There are plenty of things to do in and around the hotel, three pools and a lagoon beach. We took the opportunity to go on the day snorkelling from the Hotel based dive centre. This was good value for €22 each including lunch, transfers, and equipment. Hotel Beach (Red Sea not Lagoon) is a short free shuttle bus away, not really great or particularly attractive but your AI status is still valid there so you can lunch and drink as if you were still in the hotel. There are also other water sports centres at the beach for the more adventurous, kite surfing, etc, etc.

Rooms are decorated modestly and in general in keeping with what I expected from a 4 Star Egyptian Hotel. In room fridge is handy for your essential water but the rest of the contents are not included so that means a few take outs from the AI bars if you want a free drink in your room. Rooms are clean and serviced dutifully daily by the friendly staff.

El Gouna is a good resort; clearly "manufactured" and a bit "plastic" but very nice all the same. The hotel is very close to downtown El Gouna so when you need to escape the confines of the resort you can. The town offers plenty of places to eat, drink, and shop, hassle free (which is a vast contrast to Hurghada or Luxor). Only a short walk for the hotel is the Marina, this too offers an alternative range of shops and restaurants all against the back drop of a handful of very expensive boats. The 3 Corners sister Hotel is based in the Marina, your AI wristband gets you a drink there, and your food allowance in valid there once a week too if you want a change of scenery.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the 3 Corners and El Gouna as it offered a relaxing alternative to the other busier and more commercial resorts. A welcome wind down from the early mornings of the Nile Cruise the week before."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of December 2007

Good for families, but not for those seeking a relaxing hotel

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"Stayed here for 3 nights in late October. Good location, a few minutes walk from Downtown and the shuttle bus stops outside straight to the Marina in about 8 minutes. The rooms are a good size and clean. Not really 4 star rooms but you don’t spend much time in it anyway. The lagoon frontage is nice for sunbathing. Didn’t use the pools as finding a sunbed was a challenge and they don’t half pack them in. Also pretty noisy round the pools which is why we stayed by the lagoon.
The All inclusive drinks are easy to come by and the wine surprisingly good. The food was adequate but not brilliant. The lagoon bar serves a light lunch but when we tried it the chicken was still raw in the kebabs. Lunch and Dinner buffets are plentiful but it is not the most relaxed restaurant to eat in. Feels very much like a canteen and we found the whole experience a bit stressful especially with so many kids running around. We like eating out and mealtimes became a necessity rather than a pleasurable experience. The area where the hot food is served is dimly lit at night and we felt a bit wary of what we were selecting. Breakfasts are plentiful and much better than lunch and dinner. Would rate the food as 3 star akin to many 3 star Spanish hotels. There is one evening bar (outside with a small indoor part) with singers on most nights (again not great). The same food that is served in the main restaurant is also served in a smaller restaurant in the resort. We found this a bit less hectic and they had table drinks service which they did not have in the main restaurant. We tried the Italian restaurant once and they give you a 30 egyptian pound credit towards the bill. Standard Italian fare with reasonable pizzas.
Overall we thought it a good value place to stay in El Gouna. There are not that many All Inclusive Hotels in the resort to choose from. If I went back I would probably stay B&B, get my drinks from the supermarkets and eat out at the wide choice of restaurants in Downtown and the Marina.
As an aside we stayed here because our agent messed up our booking elsewhere. When we phoned around to find an alternative hotel they said they had one standard room left and wanted $150 per night for it. When we told them our agent was going to pick up the tab they were not happy as they clearly thought we were desperate and would pay this ridiculous rate (the rate to agents is only $68). They gave in in the end though but it did come across as a money grabbing exercise.
Would recommend the hotel for families but not couples. El Gouna is a great place if you want a relaxing holiday without the hassle of many other Egyptian resorts. Some say its too artificial but we liked the integrated transport system (set priced shuttle buses, tuk tuks and taxis) and the cleanliness of the place compared to larger Egyptian resorts."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of November 2007

Nice Place

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Just returned from staying at the rihana resort for two weeks overall we had a really good holiday we had two rooms one for myself and my wife and one for our two teenagers (19 year old lad and 16 year old girl ) both rooms were kept really clean and the towls etc changed every day .The Animation team were brilliant and tried to envolve everyone but never put anybody under any pressure. The grounds of the resort are quite big and it took us a few days to find our away around. elgouna itself is great plenty of places to wander around in the evenings and very relaxed for eygpt The marina is about a 10 mins walk or £1,50 in a taxi go on the fridaynight whice is party night which is free. eat in the hotel first and save the money they want to charge you to eat the same food at the harbour side. The oasis party is good as is the all day snorkeling trip with easy divers we saw the dolphins which made it worth while. we flew to cairo for the daytrip which cost £175 each and had a really great time. The food in the restaurant is ok for breakfast and launch but not so good in the evening cold veg etc and raw meat. chez pascels food is well worth paying for and the china house downtown is wonderfull and cheap. the snorkling in the lagoon and at the beach is very poor and the only way to see any fish is to do the boat trip. do the speed-devels sunset tour if you dare you will find them in the town go for the single seat buggies. brilliant. dont buy the dvd"

• Travel date: Wed 24th of October 2007

had a great holiday

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"when we landed at Hurghada we was ushered in a queue to purchase a visa, I questioned this as we was not leaving the Sinia area but apparantley you still have to buy a visa at a cost of £10,
we stayed at the Rihana resort & being 2 women alone we felt very safe to out & about in the el gouna resort, there is a bus service that runs throughout the resort or you can go in the tok tok for 50p per person,, you buy your tickets from reception which costs £1.50 for a week usage, went to Hurghada (50p) lots of hassle from the locals to buy their wares,
the dine around facility is brill you get £4 voucher, we ate at the only indian restaurant at the marina twice (where their food is to die for) for £14, try their garlic naan or stuffed kulcha, the food in the hotel is quite good, it is really lovely & select walking around the marina at night as is downtown.
the rooms are a little tired & would say 3star, we sunbathed at the lagoon which was lovely to swim in, there was a constant breeze which was welcome, we bought lilos from the hotel shop for £3.50 & was never off them except to go to the beach bar, thanks Ahmed for taking good care of us & I'm still waiting for my e-mail!!, the pool area was quite noisy with loud music playing a lot of the time, so we avoided this,
we kept getting lost around the resort as it is quite big & is next door to the rhiana inn, you can use their facilities too, the pool was nice with slides into it, the only difference are the size of the rooms, the inn are quite a bit smaller, also if you are at the marina you can use the facilities at the ocean view,
we asked for a room with q queit location but close to the amenities & was put in a room in front of the lagoon & a short walk to the restaurant, the hotel tend to cater for disabled guests & appear well equipped.
the hotel organise a free 30 minute trip around the lagoon, well worth going on to see how the other half live,
we went on the snorkelling trip to paradise island,(£24) best bit was seeing the dolphins, snorkelling was ok, better at sharks bay, was told there is a snorkel trip 6 euros daily from the hotel & people said this was better,there is no snorkelling in the lagoon at the hotel but if you went to Zeytouna beach you could snorkel there, the hotel have a shuttle boat to go there.
the only downside was we was delayed 6 hours returning to the uk, but what the hell we are back now,
all in all a very relaxing lovely holiday, would definetely return but there is too many places in the world to see, weve booked Marsa Alam for March & looking to book Makadi bay next September,
have a great time."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of October 2007

Fabulous Resort

Reviewed Tue 23rd of November 2010

"I have read a lot of reviews on the Rihana Resort and I have to say that my stay there was outstanding. I travel a lot on my own and the first thing I noticed was that El Gouna is a gated community therefore safe. On arrival to the hotel, the staff were very friendly and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. And I loved the reception area which was full of flowering trees.

I arrived in the dark and initially was disappointed with my room. It was basic but very clean and over one side of the balcony, down below (I was on the 2nd floor), was a workshop behind the trees. I thought I'd sleep on it then ask to change rooms in the morning. Morning came, I went out onto the balcony and there was a lovely view of the lagoon! I'm staying put thanks!

Room service were lovely and because I said hello, how are you and have a good day every morning, I was treated to some lovely towel sculptures on my bed (they normally do this on your last day). It costs nothing to be nice to the staff...

The resort staff from the room boys to security were just great. Most spoke very good English and they could not do enough to make your stay a great one. Ok, so the main restaurant was a bit of a free for all but the food was excellent (no Rameses Revenge!) and the service beyond expectations. Again, this was probably due to me treating them respectfully and not being ignorant unlike some people there. Someone commented about the evening meal set times. This is because the resort is very busy and they do not want people standing around for ages waiting for a table.

The whole of El Gouna is clean, safe, hassle free and I never got any grief from the men. Be polite, say no thank you and they smile and tell you to have a good day. Mangroovy beach is a short bus ride (free shuttle) away and is a mecca for kite surfers. The lagoon boat trip is well worth doing (free too!) and an excursion to Luxor and the Desert Adventure are well worth booking. Luxor was £68 for the day and the Safari was £38. There is loads to do! Dune Buggies, Quadbiking, going in a submarine, snorkling etc etc...

The resort has 2 dive centres, a windsurfing centre where you can just hire the kit or take lessons. Moses the well behaved and chilled out resort camel takes you on a lovely ride through reception, round the resort then back along the lagoon for only 50LE and there is horse riding available just up the road. Honestly, it is perfect for those who want to either chill by the pools (which were spotless) or be a little more active.

You can dine around for 40LE off your meal and Downtown has an array of places to eat, shop and watch a show under the stars. The Marina (Abu Tig) is another place well worth a visit. The Bedouin Nights are a must (only 15 Euros all in) and the evening shows, daytime activities are enough to keep you entertained.

I could go on and on raving about this place. I've only been back a few days and my personal experience of staying there was outstanding and I'm already booked and going back next year!

The bad reviews should be ignored. If there are any issues, the staff go out of their way to resolve them. I did a classic and locked my suitcase keys inside my suitcase! Doh! But within 20 mins, they had sent a maintenance guy and receptionist to my room and saved the day! Talking of which, only the room boys are allowed in your room and if you need assistance i.e. doctor, there is always someone from reception or security to accompany them to your room.

These guys at the Three Corners have seriously got it right! And I thank you for an amazing time!

P.S. This place also caters for the disabled perfectly which many do not."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of November 2010

Excellent

Reviewed Fri 21st of August 2009

"This was my first time to Egypt me and my cousin are 27 and went with the parents, I was a bit aprehensive as have been told the the egyptians like to hassle you but it was totally fine. I wasnt really expecting too much with the hotel but I was pleasantly suprised when I got there, the rooms arent spectacular to be honest but but considering the amount of time you spend in them it doesn't matter, and they were thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis. There is something for everyone, the staff are the friendliest I have seen on a holiday and made it soo much more fun, we have kept in contact with a lot of them since we have been back, they will do anything to make sure you are happy. The evening shows are hilarious and if you have children they like to get them involved as well. Peanuts Bar has live music and is great for a late drink, and very quick service and if you want to go out after that you have the Marina and Down Town where drinks are very reasonably priced, the sunset bar is good for a chilled out atmosphere. The food was excellent, we ate in Dolce Vita a couple of times as we became good friends with Ramon the waiter which was lovely and a nice change, the bbq is yummy as well, they have different themed nights so you always have a couple of different dishes but otherwise they are all pretty much the same but I am a fussy eater and had no problem whatsoever. The only other downside is the main restaurant its a bit of a cattle market. The hotel puts on a Bedouin night which is brilliant, a marina party on Friday and put on trips along the Lagoon, which is beautiful I would definately recommend going for a swim there, the swimming pools are fab, although we mainly spent our time at the Dolphin pool. We went to the Ocean View hotel as well which has a lovely setting but we were glad we were staying at the Rihana. Mangroovy Beach is lovely and if you are young like me they have a beach party on every other night which is good fun, drinks are a bit more expensive but thats to be expected, and they have a pool party at the Duport (part of Ocean View) on Mondays and Fridays which is also good fun, and Moods bar at the end of the Marina does fab cocktails

So overall an excellent holiday and we were all gutted we had to come home and will definately be going back."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of August 2009

Hotels near Three Corners Rihana Resort

Stayed at Three Corners Rihana Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Three Corners Rihana Resort

• Fam Geck by Fam Geck

"Party nights in the marina "

Three Corners Rihana Resort is also called