Tropitel Dahab Oasis

Blue Hole Road, Dahab 00087 Egypt

Mid range - not a hellhole, not 5* either

"Cannot be anything other than 3 out of 5, heres why:
+++ Great peaceful location, nice sandy beach, coral reef and jetty to enter the seawater, near blue holes scuba area. Good size rooms, nice views of the sea. Food is nice, breakfasts a big up to the team who work hard to supply you with fresh omelettes/pancakes etc. Cocktail bar is nice. Reception staff helpful (egyptian time pending). Clean and comfortable
--- A little remote 15 mins from town leaves you having to rely on the transfer bus or taxis, not the best location for a lively stay. The beds are the biggest let down, the ones i saw were lumpy, hard and collapsed. There were a couple of issues with locks and security but these were fixed once reported.
This hotel shouldnt get a 5/5 or a 1/5 from other reviewers- it simply doesnt deserve either. It is a good choice for all holidaymakers, clientele there were mostly UK and Russian but any nationalities were made welcome. If going look forward to your stay, dont expect the most comfy beds but ignore idiot posters who claim its a hellhole and a nightmare, as this place certainly wasnt and couldnt be in my opinion."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of April 2008

Not for me!!

"I am fairly well travelled in Egypt (visited six times in as many years) so I get the star rating system and wasn't expecting anything more than the usual egyptian four star (which I must say in other hotels has been fab).
Dahab is not anywhere near Sharm, in fact its over an hours drive, on a reasonably remote coast line to the north (near the Blue Hole).
The area is currently under developed which I quite like, looking for the quiet life, but a considerable development program (a hotel being built either side of the Tropital) will soon increase the competition and numbers of people visiting.
Dahab town is a fifteen minute taxi ride away and is very cheap particularly for food. Try the Al Capone (just left of the bridge where taxi's drop you off) a great little restaurant that does amazing fish platters and local foods. Expect to pay about £9 for two to eat, add another £10 if you have a bottle of wine. Taxi will cost 30 egyptian (£3) one way and can be booked through the tour guy at the hotel. The Hotel provides a free shuttle bus at regular intervals.

The Hotel.
The Tropital is a small hotel catering for around 250 people.
It is not close to an egyptian four star and I guess having been built some time ago it feels very tired.
My girlfriend & I booked all inclusive and paid extra for a sea view room (with double bed) which I confirmed with the reception upon arrival. We were then shown to a twin bedded room with a view of the rear of the diving club. I promptly returned to reception and told the guy again that I had paid extra and this was not a sea view room. The receptionist told me "I know but I don't have anything else"!!! He asked me to stay in this room for one night then he would move me when a room became available. I refused. After an argument he said he would give me a 'suite' (dont get excited, this is not what it appears) and after going on with himself about how good this was I eventually got the keys.
The room was pants, and if I had paid extra for a 'suite' then I would have been well annoyed.
It was simply a bedroom & a small lounge with a table & sofa bed. There was one wardrobe with 5 coathangers (my girlfriend had two cases for one week), three small shelves and zero drawers, hence most of our clothes were laid out on the sofa bed in the lounge.
The bed is a concrete block with a matress on it and is hard and unforgiving (my girlfriends bad back was sorted by the time we came home, I was crippled).
This room was sub standard and it appeared that everything that had broken had been repaired badly. The bathroom was particularly bad, broken ceramics, poor grouting, silicon all over the plumbing and a shower head that would point anywhere but down, all added to the tired ambiance of the hotel.
The room may not have been used for a while and had a bug problem (Beetles, big buggers, scarrabs I guess) which resulted in my girlfriends lack of sleep & mine because she woke me up everytime one came out and threatened to kill her. I caught five in one night!! An unusual feature was the balcony door which didn't have a door handle on the outside so promptly locked me out the first time I used it.
No tea or coffee facilities in the room.
The hotel has one restaurant, a bar in the main building & a pool side bar (I'll come to that in a minute) and thats about it.
The restaurant I didn't like, the choice of food was very poor and although neither of us had any stomach problems was very bland and repetitive, breakfast was worst. They give the evening meals a theme (oriental, medditeranean etc) but don't expect anything close to a spring roll or curry, all was much the same.
The main bar is ok but very small (with five bar stools and one table), the bar guy was great, the drinks were fine and it served great coffee (just as well because the restaurant only has coffee at breakfast). Two pool tables are available but at a cost of £4 per hour. Bottled water is not included in all inclusive!!
The pool is small and bloody cold, but the pool side area is nice and clean with plenty of space. The pool bar is not good. There is zero pool side or beach service (the beach doesn't have a bar) which means you have to go and get drinks constantly throughout the day. Drinks are served in little plastic cups, no ice and water is served from a big water dispenser and isn't cold.
Food is available around the pool (burgers etc) but is not part of the all inclusive deal.
The beach is large and private with plenty of sun beds and has security on it all day. The hotel has a private jetty but this is not the usual floating type but rather a fixed pier which is high off the water. At the end are steps going down to a small platform and more steps into the water. Difficult to use if your not a confident snorkeler and can get busy at times. If you have never snorkelled in egypt before then this will be cool but to be honest the reef in Sharks Bay or Nabq is far better.
There were probably 10% British in the hotel the rest were German, Dutch, Russian, and a couple of South Africans, but don't let this put you off they were a great bunch and totally sociable. A lot of the people were divers so went out early each morning which left the hotel very quiet for those of you who want to lie in the sun all day.
There is no entertainment at the hotel except for a tent on the beach where you can chill and watch the stars.
There was a European Customer Rep working for the hotel who asked some customers (me included) to fill in a customer satisfaction form, which I did. When she came to collect it she asked if everything was OK, I told her not or rather attempted to but she interupted me as I was telling her what i thought of the hotel, quite rude so I sent her packing.

So in summary, the all inclusive is not worth a carrot, if there's nothing to have it ain't worth it.
The hotel is tired and apart from a couple of staff feels deflated and has a lack of motivation. Little or nothing to do and non of the luxeries offered by similar hotels of the same star rating.
Dahab is very remote and popular with divers, food in town is great and inexpensive.
One thing to be aware of Dahab is very windy (we had one calm day in a week), the locals assure me normal for the area but not mentioned in any brochures.
Building work going on either side of the hotel.

All in all not for me, but some people appeared to love it??
I would go to another hotel, try Hilton Sharks Bay or Baron Palms Nabq, I found both to be great and all inclusive means just that.

Tony"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of March 2008

peaceful heaven

Good

"I went to this hotel with my husband and two children (10&14). The hotel was excepionally clean and comfortable, food above average with plenty of varity but what made the holiday was the staff, they couldnt do enough for you they were polite, helpful and just allround lovely people. The hotel promotes the fantastic diving and snorkeling of the red sea, although we dont dive we did have a go at snorkelling, fantastic.. try it...the hotel will supply you with everything you need. We went on holiday to get away from everything and we did, so if you want night clubs, shows etc this isnt the hotel for you. Want to relax by the pool or on the private beach being waited on hand and foot book now!!
The custom in Egypt is to tip for most things but just remember their cost of living is a lot lower than ours! £10 goes a long way!!"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of March 2008

not the best hotel in the world

"When myself and my partner arrived at this hotel we were given a horrible room, it was very dark and not confitable at all. The floor was dirty and the beds were so hard we found it difficult to sleep. On the 3rd day we asked to move and were given a nicer room with a sea view. But the beds were still rock hard. Concrete bases with slats and a mattress on top. (hardest beds in the world).

Dont book your trips with the man in the hotel he will over charge you, if you book in Dahab town they are much cheaper.

Their is nothing to do in this hotel, the lobby bar is so small it will only fit about 8 people in it, but the bar staff are very nice. You have to go out every night otherwise you will be bored to death.

Apart from the above everything else was great!"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of February 2008

Nic and Lucy's excellent adventure to Dahab!!

"We spent a week here and had a great time. Room was fantastic, staff were really friendly. Very relaxing hotel excellent chilled out week. Scenery at the back of the hotel was fantastic. Dahab City was an experience such a great place. Locals were so friendly made you feel so at home.
The hotel had a jetty on the beach and snorkelling was amazing much better visibility than the blue hole.
Would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a relaxing winter break."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of February 2008

Great vacation, that we've enjoyed

Good

"We stayed at this hotel since 27 dec. 07 till 03 jan 08.
The hotel itself is 1 hour and 20 minutes away from Sharm el-Sheikh airport and 15 minutes from the center of Dahab.
We had all inclusive and as everyone writes - it is not worth it. All inclusive in this hotel consists of breakfast, lunch and dinner + drinks in lobby bar (only in glasses, and sometimes in plastic glasses and if talking about cocktails - only one non-alcoholic and 3-4 alcoholic are all inclusive). We went to Dahab a few times and there was a really nice restaurant Al Capone (if you will use tropitel shuttle bus, it will drop you on a square with a bridge. al capone is the first on the left side of the bridge, right on the beach) with a really great and cheap food. Shuttle bus goes to Dahab 4 times : 10am, 12, 18 and 20 pm. So you can have lunch and dinner in dahab with a free transfer. If you want to stay longer - the taxi to hotel will cost you 4-5 euro.
FOOD :
The food was perfect ! I mean it. When I was reading reviews here I thought that the food will be not so good and the rooms are great. Well it came out to be vica versa. The food was the same each day indeed, but every time cooked in different way. And I must admit that it is very well prepared! We enjoyed every meal! And I will really miss their desserts :( If anyone could give me the recipe of their pudding or mousse or jelly (I'm not sure what it was, but it was so good! the yellow and sometimes brown jellylike dessert, that was served everyday) I would be really happy! :) Oh, and their breakfast omelet was also very good! We are making the same at home now. Anyway, all their food was tasty, great and very hearty, as is it was a homemade food.
We didn't have any stomach disasters at all. We bought bottled water from the lobby bar ( 2$ or 10 egypt pounds ) and brushed our teeth using this water.

ROOMS :
We are not so satisfied with the rooms as with the food. This vacation was sort of pre-wedding vacation for us, something like a honey moon and we were going to celebrate my birthday and new year there, so we wanted everything to be perfect and romantic.
But instead of romance we've got a room with 2 beds, no balcony, no sea-view and a door between our room and our neighbor's room and we could hear everything they were talking about as if they were in our room.
The man at reception told us, that they have no free rooms with 1 king size bed, but he will do anything he can, when the room will be available. But it never happened. We even tried to pay him for a normal room, but no. By the way most of the rooms have 2 beds, as I understood. Sea view is only in about 40% of all rooms (you will get a perfect view only in a rooms, that face the pool). Other 50% have a sea view only if you come out to the balcony and stretch out and look aside. But at average there is a desert view or mountain view. And there is about 10% that have absolutely no balcony and have only mountain view.
Rooms were not 4-star clean, but I have no trouble with that.
The other thing that bothered us is that the room cleaning had no special time. In other hotels i've stayed it happened at noon, when people are on beach or having lunch. In this hotel room cleaning could come at 7 pm, when we just came from our dinner and wanted to sleep a bit :/// There was also no "do not disturb" sign in our room!!! Although I've seen some on the other doors.
SEA :
The sea was perfect! Hotel has it's own reef. But during our 1 week holiday it was only 2 days, when we could swim, because most of the times the sea was uncalm. But 2 days there was no wind and no waves at all.
By the way the pool in the hotel was with freezy water, that's why none of the visitors were swimming in it. Are they freezing water not to clean the pool too often???

I can recommend this hotel, but only if you will be sure, that you will have a normal room (with a sea view and kingsize bed)."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of January 2008

relaxing

"i was looking for a relaxing holiday and in this hotel i had no other choice but to relax! there really was nothing to do! If you are going to dive then its an excellent place to go. There are facilities for divers and a jetty to go snorkelling. The hotel itself was extremely clean and the staff were fantastic. We went against review advice and went all inclusive.. really, dont bother. there is no entertainment. In fact the only entertainment if you are not diving is the pool table but even all inclusive you have to pay 4GBP for 1 hour. The food was at set times. The breakfast was as you expect abroad. Lunch and dinner was very tasty but was the same food every time just cooked differently, i didnt know there were that many ways to cook chicken and rice! You could order room service off the snack menu but you had to pay for that. Not expensive but i would normally expect it to be included with all inclusive. I must stress again it was good food. We tipped throughout the week at the bar and the restaurant and on the last day the restaurant staff put an envelope on my table with a note on saying tip for the staff. I was a little offended by this as i had been tipping so reduced what my final tip would have been. The barstaff were grateful every time and did not ask for more. We got a little bored so went into dahab town. That was another experience! There was a large choice of restaurants and food within the restaurants, and it was very good. Be careful with the alcohol in the restaurants as it is not on the price list, ask first as one charged us 3GBP for a bottle of wine and another charged 12GBP. I would strongly recommend the spinach lasagne in the green valley best lasagne i have tasted. The rooms were great and the housekeepers fantastic. beds a bit hard for my liking but each to their own. I am not sure if there would be entertainment if it were more in season but could have done with some. We ended up eating out a lot and looking for alternative entertainment so we spent a lot more that we should have when on an all inclusive holiday. I must stress we enjoyed our week in this hotel and would put that down mainly to the kindness of the staff, especially Mina the night barman, without whom our evenings would have been boring. He is a little trooper and has a smile and a joke for everyone. Nothing was too much trouble for him."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of December 2007

Dahab the time of my life

"I stayed here for four nights of rest and relaxation. I had previously spent just over a week touring the highlights of Egypt. So was looking forward to not doing anything and resting while in Dahab.

The hotel reception and pool staff were very polite, but they do run on "Egypt Time" so be prepared for a little wait. Our room was lovely, it was very large, and had doors that opened out onto the pool area and towards the sea.

The breakfasts were wonderful, there was so much choise, we never ate dinner in the hotel, as we went into Dahab town each evening. We had lunch once, while around the pool, which did take a little while to come, but was very nice, when it did come. We also sampled their cocktails which we had round the pool, they were wonderful !!

The hotel had a jetty that you could go off and snorkel from, my friend did this and she said that it was really good. They hired snorkelling equipment for a small charge. Men and camels go up and down the beach asking if you want a ride, we declined having already riden a camel round the pyramids in Giza. The beach, although very beautiful, was very stoney, and you couldn't really go swimming from the beach, as there were very large stones, so you really needed jelly shoes or something similar.

As I was with a tour group, they organised a trip to the Blue Hole for a day or snorkelling, which was fantastic. We snorkelled in the morning, then had a leisurly lunch sitting on large cushions on the floor, and then snorkelled again in the afternoon. It was brilliant. I definatley recommend it !!

Every evening we went into Dahab town, there are free shuttles run by the hotel, or you can get a taxi, which are very cheap. The ride into town only takes a max of 10 mins, and is a beautiful drive through the desert, and the old parts of the town. Once in the town, you can get really cheap water and food from supermarkets, plus other cheap goods. But I don't recommend souvenirs as there are a lot of fakes. The restaurants lining the beach are amazing, they sell brilliant seafood, we had massive prawns that were really mouth watering. The atmosphere in Dahab, is lovely and we felt so at home there. There is a dance bar, for a bit of late night entertainment, they sell very nice cocktails and provide popcorn !

While in Dahab we hired quad bikes which we drove into the desert at sunset, we had a brilliant time, which I would definatley recommend.

Just thinking of my time in Dahab makes me smile, I had such a brilliant time there. The people are lovely, the food is brilliant and it is so laid back, and not commercial like Hurghada or Sharm.

My only complaint is their idea of first aid, I had an accident poolside and needed attention. My knee was bleeding, and I was in quite a lot of pain. They gave me some cotton wool, ice and a plaster ! It just so happened that one of the girls on my tour was a nurse, and she had a brilliant first aid pack, including saline, sterile gauze etc. On my return I went to see a doctor, and I was ok, but there idea of healthcare, if very different to any westeners.

On a whole I had a brilliant time, and I would definatley recommend the hotel and Dahab, as I will most certainly be going back !!"

• Travel date: Fri 5th of October 2007

Great time at the Tropitel

"I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Tropitel Dahab Oasis, and as the last poster stated was a little apprehensive as I was unable to find any reviews on the hotel.

We booked our All Inclusive holiday through Orchid Travel, although all flights and info was supplied by Thomas cook, and had a private transfer to the hotel. The transfer took a little longer than expect, but our driver stopped to buy us a bottle of water each for the HOT journey. (Just as well as he seemed to get a little lost when he reached Dahab!!)

We paid £490 flying from Glasgow to Sharm. The transfer was rather pricey at £80 each and I’m sure you could get it cheaper elsewhere.

I personally wouldn’t recommend paying for an All Inclusive holiday at this resort. We found when ever we asked for anything we got the answer “not All Inclusive” which was a bit disappointing. Everything is very cheap and you can easily spend very little on your food and drinks.

The food itself was the standard buffet bar style, and much the same most nights. Rice, chicken, beef and bread! The food was okay. Some days were better than others, we made sure we filled up on the large choice of puddings they had! A couple of times, for a change we decided to buy our lunch from the bar menu. A choice of sandwiches, pizza and burgers. I went for the Club Sandwich with chips, very good and for only 25 Egyptian pounds. (around £2.50). AI drinks were served by the glass only, which meant when you were out in the sun you were constantly getting up for more. But a large bottle of water could be purchased for around 10 EP. (I think one of the bar staff took a liking to my friend as he often brought a cup (small plastic disposable size) of coke to us in the morning as we lazed by the pool!! We were told the ice they used was made from mineral water, so don’t be afraid to ask for some. I stayed away from any fruit and veg and seemed to escape getting a bad stomach.

The staff were all brilliant and very nice – they all seemed to take the time to make our stay a good one and we had quite a few laughs with some of them. And even looking out for us when we were cornered by a non-english speaking Russian (the bar staff had lots of laughs at our expence about that one!!)

The location of the hotel is quite isolated. That can be good or bad depending on how you like your holidays, but I found the location quite stunning. I didn’t go for a dip in the sea as it is very windy during the day and it looked quite rough, but not too far away I believe is The Blue Hole, perfect for divers.

The hotel was very nice and the rooms cleaned daily. We had a ground floor room with a small patio, although this was looking onto a wall, a few steps out and we could see the sea (we were room 160). All the rooms seemed to be a short walk from the pool and restaurant. I did however find the beds and pillows a bit on the hard side.

We only met a handful of Brits and we seemed to be there at a time when a lot of locals were staying. We found it difficult to get a table at the restaurant on these days and being Brits, we found the push and shove culture of other nationalities some what annoying at meal times.

We weren’t bothered by any biting bugs at all – but the flies did get on my nerves quite a bit. I didn’t bother with any bug spray.

There is a free courtesy bus that takes you into Dahab a few times a day. There you will find plenty of shops and a few bars and restaurants. (Make a point of stopping in at Tota Dance Bar). Again be prepared to fight for a place on this bus (first come first served does not work) as it can get a little busy and only has room for 10. It will however make more trips if it has to.

We spent the evenings either in Dahab at the Tota bar, or in the bar upstairs in the hotel. We were advised that the beach bar was not available for All Inclusive customers, which was a shame as it would have been a great view.

Many trips can be arranged from within the reception area and upstairs there is a small Health Club, with come exercise bikes, steam room and sauna. Massages are also available; however we did not go for one after an alarming report from a fellow Brit who had one.

All in all it was a brilliant holiday and I would be happy to return. Just this time I wouldn’t waste my money paying for All Inclusive!!!

Hope I’ve managed to cover everything. If you want to know anymore, please feel free to get in touch and I will do my best to answer questions."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of September 2007

Excellent time at Tropitel Dahab Oasis!!

"We have just returned from one week at the Tropitel Dahab Oasis Hotel which we booked last minute through TravelRepublic.co.uk. We had a fantastic time! We weren't sure about this resort as we couldn't find any reviews, only 1 forum with 1 posting, not much help.

The flights, transfers etc were all perfect, we would recommend the private taxi with resort hoppa in Dahab (booked with TravelRepublic), excellent service! The total cost for 6 nights/7 days, all inclusive (all flights including Jersey to Gatwick), transfers etc cost £650.00 each. I would not recommend going AI as we did as Dahab is very cheap, B&B is fine!! The food at the hotel was ok but very samey – rice, potatoes, veg, chicken, beef, fish every day but cooked differently. They sometimes had burgers and pasta also. The food did get much better towards the end of the holiday so we reckon they had a new chef?! The pool bar food is good. For a huge prime beef burger and fries - £2.50, seafood platter £7.50, large bottle of water £1.00. Bar drinks are good value – glass of wine £1.50, beer (large bottle) £2.00. These prices are a guide only. The Bedouin tea is very good for your stomach and nice too.

I consider myself a foodie; the food was ok but nothing special but you don’t go there for the food! I wouldn’t recommend the salad as this can be the cause of stomach upset.

A taxi from the hotel to Dahab city is around £4-5.00, we used Mostafa Moses Jeep Car (who is a very warm and friendly guy indeed! ) Tel: +2 (0) 127 011 240 email: [email protected] (he will arrange transfers too) The guys in the shops love to haggle/barter so don’t be afraid! Each shop I visited and made a purchase, I was given a small gift which was lovely!

The location is just beautiful! The hotel is far enough out of Dahab and has round the clock security (even on the beach!) so you won’t get bothered, but close enough to hop in a taxi whenever you feel the need for something a bit more lively! The hotels private beach is right on top of a reef which is popular with divers, snorkellers and swimmers alike and has a pier leading straight into the water, swim shoes are advisable. Although it is very hot there, there are very strong winds which makes it feel much cooler. Didn't see any bugs but used spray all the same!!

Rooms are spacious and cleabed daily, we had a nice terrace but balconies are available. The builind is only 2 story which is good. The hotel is well maintained but not the 4 star that you expect perhaps in the Maldives, it is still very good though.

The Hotel has it’s own dive school [--] which we thought was excellent (however it might be worth nothing we aren’t accomplished divers).

We just chilled on the beach and snorkelled. My partner did a trial dive which was fantastic! He saw allsorts, even an octopus which is unusual during daylight hours so he was thrilled! The cost for this was 50 euros, they charge in Euros or Egyptian Pounds.

In the evening you have the choice of the main lobby bar, the shisha tent (very relaxing) or the Oasis Disco (which was somewhat deserted), however be warned drinks outside of the main lobby bar are not all inclusive at night. There is no cheesy animation/entertainment at night and the resort didn't have many familes, nice and quiet! There weren't many British people there which suited us as we go on holiday for culture. The guests are mainly German, Swiss, Italian and there are pleanty of loungers and towels as most people are there for the diving. The staff at the pool/beach bar are great!!

Various excursions can all be arranged from within the hotel at what appeared to be very reasonable prices however we did not partake as we only went for one week. The Sinai peninsula is native to the Bedouin people. They offer camel rides along the beach or in the mountains for around 15 LE (£1.50), you can also take a Camel ride up to the famous blue hole to go snorkelling.

The staff are just fantastic! We refused ice as the water is not for British stomachs, after a day the staff offered us ice which they made from mineral water, you wouldn’t get that in many places! I would say that as long as you are polite and nice to them. They will go out of their way to make your stay memorable. We couldn’t fault them only give the highest praise. I went for 2 massages which were both excellent, I would definitely recommend them! A total chill out holiday that I would certainly recommend!"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

Dont go here if you are a 50p millionaire

Good

"Hi all, I'm going to write this review from start to finish and I hope that it helps others out.
All the staff are great from the gardening guys to the cleaners.
I would like to point out that we arrived 8:45pm 3rd Nov. we were just in time to get some dinner, we stayed for 14 nights and left Tropitel Oasis at around 3:30 in the afternoon, the only down fall about that was we were made to pay for our lunch, I found that a little unfair meaning we missed lunch on the first day, they made up an excuse saying that our travel company should have told them of our late arrival. We did pay for lunch on the last day using money that was going to be used as tips (don't worry we did tip often throughout the holiday the only people that missed out were the reception staff and the management).
Be for I forget, if you book a flight with no food like we did, if I were you pay for your hotel to make you up a sandwich the one's that you buy at the airport are crap and you cant eat them, dont be a fool like I was and go for the looks of them, they do look nice but be-leave me you will not enjoy them.

Now back to the hotel, there was 6 of us, my wife, son and daughter and there partners and we had a great time, look after Mr. Bean and he will entertain you, most of the time he will find a pet name for you, he called me "big man", my wife was "bird" my son was "sillyboy" his girlfriend was "monkey" but Mr. Bean said "mankey" My daughter was called "arousea" (something like that) and her boyfriend was called quiet man. The bar staff include (who we called "chicken milk" because when we had coffee he called the milk chicken milk, look after Beshoy in the shop, he will not rip you off like in the shops at Dahab, he will treat you like a friend before a punter.
Go on a camel ride with Mohammad, (the guy in the hotel grounds, with the lazy eye, he's great) we went to the blue hole and it was great, but my wife (being so boney) had a sore just above her bum, so if you can sit on a towel or something.
We also went on the Quad Bikes (you can find them close to the towel boy) we had a great time on them.
If you want a Massage book with Passco ( I think his name is) he will look after you. I paid for the 3 girls to go and booked with a guy name Tito who come up to us by the pool, he charged me £50 over the odds and we never saw him again.
If you change money at the reception, write down the numbers of the notes that you change, I was in charge of the money in our party and give my son £100 to change, the same day the reception called his room and asked to see him, told him that they went to that bank and he had give them a dud note, my son took it and give him £20. First, I give my son that money and I work with money and I can spot a dud miles away, 2nd, it was not even a good dud anyone could have spotted it, and 3rd, that day we went into Dahab and I wanted to change a large sum of money and the banks were on some kind of a 5 day holiday. So I thing that the guy on reception (the tall one) had already had this dud note and waited for a thicko like my son to come around.

What is needed is a kettle in the rooms with tea and coffee, I like to have a drink of tea when getting ready in the mornings.

The beach party was ok, but you only get 1 drink and then you need to pay and we were on AI, the dancers were great, but you can get your AI drinks from the bar and watch them without paying.

The Bedouin meal night in the tent was worth every penny.

Dont forget, if you are on all inclusive you can get cocktails at the bar, you can also get a plate of chips with your meal.

I was a little let down with the snacks and nibbles on the all inclusive package, the only things that you can get is them sticky bun things that you get at breakfast time, they will put a plate full on the bar a 12 midnight and thats it, so if you miss a meal anytime your stuffed.

The rooms are a little dated, 7/10, but there again so is my house,

The food is OK, 8/10 but after 2 weeks it gets a bit the same, go to Dahab and have a meal out for a change.

Very Clean 9/10

The staff.. 10/10

in all I will mark Tropitel Dahab Oasis 9/10.

if you like a game of football there is a football pitch at the front and on Sundays the staff have a game, if you go up they will let you join in.

I had a game on the beach with the guy who runs the quad bikes, I fell and pulled my arm, the next I went to see the hotel doctor who sent me to the Hospital, you will not believe how concerned the Tropitel Oasis staff were.

We all had a great time and I would like to thank all of the Tropitel Oasis staff, it's a place that I would return too......Kevin & Tracy

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of November 2011

never never again

"my husband and myself were here last september after 4days my husband became very ill the doctors at the hotel put him on a drip and kept him in their small room in the hotel,they said it was gastroentaritus.The food was uneatable the staff had no hygene training and every thing was washed with fingers,no wonder lots of people were ill.We had the rest of our holiday 10 days completly wasted we had to buy food else were,i even tried to get back home after the first week since that holiday we have tried to get some compantion back from them,only to be told a pack of lies from the management please if you read these reviews take notice of this one don,t go there.We have been to sharm no trouble there but this hotel as put us of going to ejypt again.i,m triying to forget this holiday,this hotel should be shut down it would be in england so be a were if you want a wasted holiday go their if you like dirty glasses and you want to lose weight you must come here. sue and derek.hull"

• Travel date: Fri 12th of February 2010

Hotels near Tropitel Dahab Oasis

Stayed at Tropitel Dahab Oasis? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Tropitel Dahab Oasis

• marleyoxfordshire by marleyoxfordshire

"Good for diving and snorkelling but very windy "

• alijaynedover by alijaynedover

"Go there instead of Sharm "

• alijaynedover by alijaynedover

"St Katherines Monastry "

Tropitel Dahab Oasis is also called