Red Sea Relax Resort

Lighthouse Rd Musbat, Dahab 46617 Egypt

Good

never again!!! How can people like?

"We booked this hotel to spend 5 nights in Dahab after reading so many good comments in this site. Well, if you are looking for a bed, and you don't care, perhaps is the right place to go. If you want also to enjoy your vacation not only diving, try something different.
We were interested in snorkeling and beach, and we didn't find any positive side in Red Sea Relax resort. The place is in the town of Dahab and it is very far from the good area with sandy beach, generally you need a cab, and also the access to the beach of the hotels is for paying. In front of the hotel there is no beach at all, there is just a small cafe'. The facilities of the hotel are very used, and you can easily feel a sensation of dirtiness, confirmed by the thousands of flies going around (maybe is because in the back of the ho(s)tel the collect all the garbage without caring???). Breakfast is horrible, with very little choice, and arranged in such a way (at 7.45 staff was still sweeping the floor and all the dust in the air). Dinner is english style with the quality of the food you can have in Egypt if you look for english taste...We stayed only one night and only because was too late to move right away, the staff doesn't care at all, they knew we were arriving in couple (booked superior double room) and there were two single beds, no possibility to change. The sheets were old, grey, full of hair!!! We complained and the guy said that hair was collecting in the washing machine, so at least we were sleeping on clean hair of somebody else ;-) But the most horrifying thing was the day after: no water! We went downstairs, there was the owner sitting very quietly and cozy, not taking care AT ALL, not apologizing, saying that the whole dahab was without power, maybe would have come back at 11, inshallah, she was repeating! Serious hotels have power generators in such cases (power shortages are frequent). So, it is up to you, it depends what you are looking for, we suggest: spend a little more money and don't go in Red Sea Relax Resort!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of May 2009

Budget Gem

"Decided to stay at RSR after reading all the positive reviews here. Spent two nights in the dorms and one in a poolside double.

Red Sea Relax is excellent value. The dorms are small, but very clean. The double room we stayed in was wonderful. I had stayed in the 5* Meridien on a previous trip to Dahab and I have to say that the quality of the room at RSR was considerably better - and for about a third of the price! Staff incredibly friendly and helpful, and management seem to take pride in the place. Apparently breakfast is v good - but we never made it out of bed in time! :-(). Location perfect.

Really pleased to have found out about this hotel - will definitely return."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of May 2009

Backpackers paradise--Dahab Dorms!!!!!!

"I have been to Dahab 3 times and one of them I stayed at Red Sea Relax. However, I stayed in the newer section, which is a hostel and under a different name: "Dahab Dorms." It is THE best value for backpackers I have encountered in Egypt!!! For about $7 per perrson for the 6-bed dorm, or just $4 if you stay in the non-A/C twin room, you get the FREE amazingggg buffet breakfast that "premium" hotel guests get plus use of all the facilities!!

Location: couldn't be more ideal: The Lighthouse, Mashraba's best diving and snorkeling spot, is right in front of the hotel. When I stayed in Penguin I had to walk for about 8-10 each way to get there.

Facilities: The hostel part is really really cozy and the bathrooms are being CONSTANTLY cleaned, which amazed me. You also get a free bottle of water every day, which was a nice touch. Also, there is a laptop in the reception which you can use for free with fast Internet to stay in touch with those back at home. The pool, unfortunately, was too cold for my taste, but it looked nice!!

Staff: Dear Lord, amazing! They are so friendly and helpful. You need something? No problem, You'll get whatever you need in SECONDS.

Food: I only had breakfast there, as I wanted to sample the many rests. that are clustered all over the boardwalk in Mashraba. Yet, breakfast was AMAZING: from cereal to fuul to falafel. Everything was fresh and HOT. Best buffet breakfast I've had in Egypt!

I don't know what else to say...My friends and I simply loved it!"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of April 2009

Very best diving holiday I have ever had!

"I have just spent two perfect weeks at Red Sea Relax. The staff were absolutely brilliant!!! They were so friendly and went out of their way to make sure my Mom and I were comfortable. The food was good, breakfasts were great and the facilities were superb. I love the fact that I could choose to self cater if I wanted to as there is a little fridge and kettle etc in the room, or try the local restaurants, or mooch up on the deck and enjoy the hotel food. The hotel facilities, especially the pool was great and the care and consideration of my Mom, who accompanied me as a non-diver was amazing.

The diving was brilliant and the team, lead by Paul, was so professional. Diving safety and PADI standards were priority which made my Deep Dive Speciality Qualification a pleasure."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of March 2009

Best location in Dahab

Good

"This was actually our second visit - our first was in October 2008, when we spent 2 weeks at the resort. So much to say about this great place...
Our first visit was to celebrate our anniversary and spend 2 weeks getting our PADI certification. When making our reservations, I was pretty demanding, and was pleasantly surprised to get a phone call to the UK from the owner to re-assure me that we would be well looked after - just a foretaste of the great service we were to experience during this entire holiday.
The room we were presented with on our arrival (following an easy and efficient transfer from Sharm airport), was fantastic - spotless, cool and with a fantastic aspect overlooking the pool and the sea (this was specified as "Superior Double with Airconditioning and Sea View" - these are the best rooms in the resort, and well worth the nightly rate).
Our only quibble was that the room had twin beds, but a polite inquiry at the front desk, and we had a double bed installed in no time.
Breakfast in the dining area overlooking the sea front, was a simple but enjoyable routine during our stay, and all the other meals we had at the resort were consistently good.
Our main reason for visiting was to get into the diving, and despite some nerves over what to expect, we had a fantastic time. The dive centre at the resort proved to be excellent - really relaxed, but organised and efficient. Our instructor was so professional, friendly and thorough that by the end of our stay, we felt completely at home in the water. The local dive sites are fabulous, with The Blue Hole being the highlight, less than 15 minutes drive up the coast. Between dives, we relaxed around the pool, or lounged on the beach, with evenings spent sampling the restaurants and bars around Dahab. One tip - the places along the beach can be expensive and the food pretty average. We found the best eating places in the backstreets away from the beach.
On returning to the UK, we immediately convinced some friends to join us for a return trip. My slight misgivings about perhaps having talked the place up a bit too much proved to be ill-founded - our second visit in February 2009 proved to be as enjoyable as the first. We were given a fantastic welcome by all the staff, and our rooms were once again spotless and comfortable.
One consideration that many visitors may overlook when visiting Dahab, is the wind. It can really blow here. And when it does, Red Sea Relax is the only place you want to be - it has the most sheltered location on the entire coast, with the pool and the sea in front of the resort being protected from the worst of the wind. Just another small but important plus for this lovely place and its great people."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of March 2009

We needed to relax . . .

Good

". . and we did! A lovely small hotel which gives personal service. You get to know the friendly staff and they get to know you. Clean rooms with fresh towels daily (but bring your own beach towel and soap). Plenty of hot water and powerful showers. Great pool and roof terrace with a large screen so you won't miss the match! There is a restaurant with a good and improving menu and their local beer is excellent and very cheap. Lots of good local restaurants close by. Would we go back - yes - absolutely."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of February 2009

Perfect location and great place

Good

"Me and the English guy I shared a taxi with rolled up with no reservations and blindly liked the look of this place so headed in. They were great at first, while the rooms were made up we had a fantastic meal and beer in the restaurant..BUT then the scam started. They had made a mistake and could we share a room.. this was after having us wait for more than an hour. Not happy, I stated no, called their bluff and started to walk out. After an absurd conversation to someone her begrudgingly found another room (which happened to be next to the other guys). That put me off to a sour start.. but i quickly changed. Room very comfy and serviced daily. The water is really really hard so don't bother with soap.. bring body wash. I often felt like I came out of the ocean after a shower. The pool is lovely. The food was great and the location is amazing. Sitting on the shoreline on the rugs having a beer and a shisha pipe just can't be beat. When I bring my wife back I'll have no problem staying here again. I hope reception has dropped the attitude."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of February 2009

Fantastic hotel, stay here and you won't regret it!!!

"As a solo female traveller, I would highly recommend this hotel and Dahab. The staff were professional and friendly, the rooms cleaned daily, as well as the pool - although it was too cold to venture into at this time of year.

Breakfast was good and plenty of choice to avoid eating the same thing every day. There was a BBQ one night and a buffet another, both were lovely and value for money. Other nights I ate along the sea front where there is a variety of restaurants to cater for all tastes.

There is a safe in the superior plus room I stayed in, which I didn't notice being mentioned on the web site - but did so much reading up on the place I could have missed it. Also, not at anytime did I feel unsafe or intimidated while I was there which was such a relief. There is a security guard at the front of the hotel 24hrs and if your used to the hassle, and slightly more forceful selling techiques of shops in Naama Bay, Dahab will be a walk in the park!

After staying at Red Sea Relax, I would never go back the confines of an all inclusive resort. It's right in the centre of everything, which probably helped me make the friends I did, and the rooms are far enough from the sea front you dont get the noise.

Baisically it does exactly what it say's on the tin, lets you relax in the red sea, and I wouldn't go anywhere else if I returned. :0)"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of February 2009

Excelent place for divers

"I spend 10 days in that hotel diving in coral reefs. Rooms where very clean and neat. Because hotel have own diving center, diving guests get discount rooms what they have received. If you select sleep in dormitory, it's free for divers.
Hotel have own swimming pool, so if you don't want to swim in Red Sea, you can select pool."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of December 2008

Great little hotel, on the seafront, would go back

"Stayed here for a week in October and we enjoyed our stay. The hotel has a small pool and is in a great location right on the seafront. The staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and spacious. Recommended!

Good points:
*Spacious, newly decorated room with fridge, ensuite shower room and balcony (they also have a dorm for those on a budget)
*Always hot water for the shower, which can be a problem in some hotels.
*Pool with a few loungers for when the beach gets too windy
*Excellent location on the seafront - very near the Lighthouse Reef entry point
*Very helpful staff who were around all times of the day to help
*Bar (with alcohol) and rooftop restaurant serving all day, useful for snacks and they do amazing milkshakes!
*Buffet breakfast included in room price
*Good PADI dive school within hotel - discounts available

Bad points (minor niggles really):
*New hotel and when we stayed they were still in the process of finishing the decorating work - it didnt really bother us but might bother some
*Cleaning staff were a bit variable, one day they would leave us four clean towels, the next day two - remember to leave out a tip!
*Buffet breakfast was the same everyday so by the end of the week we were a little bored - egg based things like omelette, pancakes, scrambled egg with onion, sausage and peppers, and also bean paste, some cold salads, orange drink, tea/coffee.

Basically the bad points are very minor, the hotel was a great place to stay. The staff really made our holiday an excellent one. Good value for money and would stay here again."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of December 2008

Hotels near Red Sea Relax Resort

Stayed at Red Sea Relax Resort? Share your insight.

Red Sea Relax Resort is also called