Nesima Resort and Dive Center

El Mashraba P.O. Box 24, Dahab 0000 Egypt

Good

Nice stay close to the sea

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"A friend of mine who works at a travel agency booked us the Nesima for 5 nights saying it was a great hotel. Well, great, it's not (don't expect a palace), but very good, it is! It's pretty big since there aren't many rooms, but the buildings are small and spread, and they are great looking (bricks). The rooms are small, but totally sufficient (you're going to spend more time under water if you're a diver, or by the swimming pool anyway!), and the bricks make them quite nice. The ceiling is very high, which makes them quite comfortable. We stayed one night on the first floor, then moved to the second floor for the other nights to be able to open the windows and have some privacy, which was a good idea (though ground floor is anything but bad).
We're not divers, so I don't know how good they are for that, but the pool was great! We loved to have cocktails by or in the pool! Plus you see the sea from it, and you're pretty protected from the ever-blowing wind (sometimes enjoyable, sometimes really strong, which can make the sea dangerous to swim).
Staff were very nice and helpful; I'd recommend the rooftop bar for a drink in the evening.
Breakfast was disappointing, though: a great location on the roof, overlooking the sea, but poor food, small selection. Nothing to feel bad about if you don't wake up in time!
We ate at the restaurant once: my fiancee had chicken, it was very good; I had beef, it was terrible...
Snacks by the pool were good (burgers and the likes).
Hotel is very well located, near dozens of restaurants and shops (they're all about the same! Fairly cheap - for European standards - but not great. If you're looking for better food, go past the lighthouse!)"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of October 2007

Nesima Hotel in Dahab - perfect!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"I have to admit I was talked into this hotel by my friend Dave who I was booking the trip with. It's been a while since I have been abroad due to my nipper and I was after pampering! Dave talked me around to avoiding the Hilton or Dahabeya. I found the excellent reviews on the Nesima - at £20 per night (booked directly with the hotel) I was frankly sceptical but my fears were unfounded. Rooms good, if a little small but all clean and staff friendly with a nice pool area.

Walked out of breakfast on the 1st morning there and straight into the dive centre and we were in the water 30 mins later! My key focus for the trip was diving and I can't rate these guys highly enough. The divemasters there, Dom, Gamal and Sven who we dived with were all great, very friendly, easy-going and knowledgeable about the local area. The actual diving was great with superb viz and a lot to see though we didn't see anything "big". Evenings out were very chilled out, local restaurants pretty good and inexpensive though "Friends restaurant" though apparently the oldest in Dahab was quite poor with the Napolean or Al Capone v good and the El Dorado great for Italian (we fancied a break). The one thing I would say though is that it's not the place for a boozy week (which suited us) as the nightlife is definitely not "kicking"!

Just before I left I heard that as of 2008 there are going to be cheaper flights there and if so Dahab looks like being a regular destination."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of October 2007

Nesima -- Enjoyed the hotel & pool

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"This hotel was charming and Dahab was just what we needed after the bustle of Cairo. The rooms were on the smaller side, but we didn't have any trouble walking around even with our three bags in tow.

Tha bathrooms could be a bit nicer. There was no place to store shampoo or soap in the small shower and the curtain didn't close fully, leaving water all over the bathroom floor.

Enjoyed the pool and the pool bar. My husband tried to get day-of or next-day accomodations to do a dive, but the dive center couldn't find anyone to take him out because he was a beginner. This ended up not being so bad because we did the overnight hike up Mt Siani and he would have been too tired to do the dive, but given that the hotel manager had said via email before our stay that we could arrange dives once we got there, it was a bit surprising."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of June 2007

Good hotel, to be recommended

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We - a family of 5 (children 12, 9 and 8) - thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Nesima. We had one of the superior rooms, next to the swimming pool, with a TV (mostly arabic speaking channels, but with BBC 24 if you're of the type that needs to 'stay in touch'), and good bathroom facilities. Rooms were cleaned daily and the towels arranged into interesting shapes - see photos.

Breakfast was great, as is usual in Egypt. Overall, the hotel is nice and quiet - and although not aimed at families, necessarily - welcoming to those with children.

One thing families need to know though is..... the swimming pool has no shallow end! It's shallowest point is about 6 feet - so if you've got very young children who just want to splash about in the shallows, this pool ain't for them. Ours are good swimmers though and loved leaping into the pool, creating monster waves that splashed those studying laptops (!!!) at the side of the pool.

We'd certainly stay here again - a nice little haven of peace and quiet."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of April 2007

Great hotel experience at the Nesima

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Lovely staff - friendly and helpful. Great rooms - clean, comfortable and large. Great pool and well located right by the beach and only a short walk to the centre of Dahab. We had an excellent time...would go back in a heartbeat!!"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of February 2007

2nd Vists - Excellent Hotel

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"This was our second visit to Dahab and to Nesima.
Nesima is an excellent hotel in a great resort and real value for money.
Dahab does not really have huge plastic hotels on the same scale as Sharm which means that it is still relatively untouched by mass tourism.
The hotel is right on the beach and in an excellent location in the centre of the resort, has a lovely pool, great rooms (with air con), decent breakfast, a PADI dive school and the staff are all genuinely friendly.
The dive school is also excellent - the guides are all professional, informative, fun and cannot do enough for you.
In our opinion, if you come out of the hotel at the front (beach end) and turn right the restaurants were better than those in the more commercial centre (turn left) but we did not have any bad meals.
We took some friends with us this time who shared our views on the hotel, resort and the frendliness of the local people."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of November 2006

Great location and friendly accomodation

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Nesima over Easter with our young son. It has a great location on the main beach front and is an easy stroll to any of the main restaurants and snorkelling. It has a fabulous dive centre which is well maintained and organisied. The rooms are on the small side and fairly basic but all in all this place is good value and I would recommend it."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of October 2006

I love Nesima

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"This was my 5th visit to Dahab in 7 years, and my second stay at Nesima (which has always had a good reputation locally). The rooms at Nesima are simple/basic but comfortable, and the hotel is lovely, attractively designed with a number of small buildings linked by enticing alleyways, cloisters and stairs, with small gardens in between. The interesingly domed bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms with a shower, air conditioning, a TV and a minifridge. Storage is simple shelves rather than cupboards.
The main restaurant is good, probably the only place in Dahab to eat if you want really good steak, but I love the rooftop Italian restaurant where Nesima's kittens come and join you for breakfast if you sit outside for the sun and the view.
The staff at the both the hotel and dive centre are friendly and helpful. Having dived around the world I can say that the dive centre is very professional, but at the same time the instructors are sympathetic and relaxed with beginners. For that reason I took my girlfriend there this holiday so that she could learn to dive."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of October 2006

Good value

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and found it very satisfactory for the price which was about $ 70 Canadian. The rooms were clean and charming. There was no TV or other frills and there was a shower only, but we were only in the room to sleep. The Pool was really great not too much chlorine and very clean and deep. It was hard to keep out of it. The hotel is right on the beach and close to everything. The hotels restaurant is great, except for the mediocre breakfast.

I had a massage there from Sophie. Don't miss it, very relaxing and therapeutic.

Dahab is a really beautiful place. Just watch the sea urchins on the reefs. A bite from them really hurts.....Ouch!

Sorry the Nesima is a dive center,but I don't dive so can't comment on that part of it. People who were divers we spoke to seemed very satisfied though."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2005

Good place

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We stayed 3 nights at the Nesima. The rooms are small, but very cute with brick wall and dome ceiling. One night, the air conditionning was not working in our room, but they fixed it the day after. The pool is very nice, with a beautiful view on the red sea, where we can see the Saudi Arabia coast (but very far, lol). The breakfast was so-so... But overall, a nice place to stay (and to dive!)."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of November 2004

I booked a 7 day holiday on the Padi Tra...

Reviewed Mon 31st of May 2004

"I booked a 7 day holiday on the Padi Travel Network website, and then the confirmation came and we had appeared to have booked through Emperor Divers. However we were booked to stay at the Nesima Resort, which had Nesima Dive Centre, attached to it so there was literature on that too! All very confusing - we weren’t sure who was in charge of our holiday!

Nesima Resort was fantastic, with our towels shaped into different shapes on our beds using props such as books and hairbrushes to create charming caricatures!

The only bad thing about the hotel was that the rooftop bar which sounded so good on the website was closed for refurbishment. Nesima Divers, part of the resort, was very well organised yet laid back at the same time, but we felt very reassured by their high standards and small diving groups. Needless to say the diving around Dahab was the best ever.

Our holiday had a bit of a dampener on the way home. We were flying with Britannia airlines. On the way out the lady next to us who was Vegan was told there were no VEgan meals. It turns out she was sitting next to us on the way back, and again problems - this time the vegan meal looked like it had real chicken. The stewards were very rude, saying they don’t know the ingredients and why doesn’t she try it and see!! The put the blame on her, and the only thing they could do was offering her a vegan breakfast as a substitute! It was tea-time I hasten to add!

The flight was very cold and they had run out of blankets, and the film on offer was Peter Pan! It wasn’t school holidays and there were only about 4 children on the packed flight full of adults. When I asked a member of staff they said they were limited by licensing laws!

It was a shame our great holiday out in Egypt was put into context by this shabby tour operator and airline partnership. Next time we will book our flights and accommodation separately."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of May 2004

Hotels near Nesima Resort and Dive Center

Stayed at Nesima Resort and Dive Center? Share your insight.

Nesima Resort and Dive Center is also called