About Jaz Dahabeya

• arabic amenities
  • massage
  • shops amenities
  • sauna
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • kids stay free
  • tv channel one russia
  • on demand movies

Good
Good

once more a brillant holiday

Reviewed Fri 21st of September 2012

"Just come back from our third visit from this great little gem in the dessert all the staff still the same all so friendly and helpful. the food was the b est we have had and we have already booked a forth visit in April and just cannot wait. the hotel and rooms were very clean and nothing we asked for was of any trouble to ant of the staff."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of September 2012

Wonderful hotel, highly recommended

Reviewed Wed 25th of August 2010

"Stayed at this beautiful hotel from 18-28 July 2010. We arrived late at night and I will always remember walking through reception and seeing that wonderful blue swimming pool glowing in the dark. We arrived to a welcome platter of bread, cheese, ham and fruit.
All the staff were exceptional and made us feel very welcome. The animation team were brilliant, Momo, Mando, Mario and Micky who really did make the holiday. Our two teenagers loved the water polo, volleyball, games on the beach, water aerobics (which I enjoyed especially) and the entertainment in the evenings.
Our rooms were large and spotlessly clean thanks to Mahmoud who tidied, cleaned and made creations out of the towels. He always had a kind word and a smile!
The beach was lovely and sandy with a roped off swimming area which was safe and warm! The temperature was between 40 and 43 degs all week but there was a lovely breeze which made it bearable, as well as a wonderful pool (cleaned morning and night) and plenty of sunbeds and parasols to escape the hot sun.
The food was brilliant, with plenty of choice, beautifully prepared and displayed. The whole hotel was spotless and all the staff were friendly and helpful. We had fresh omlettes cooked for us each morning which we really enjoyed.
We were "All inclusive" and could have ice cream from the pool bar during the day in addition to our drinks, etc. We were given a bottle per person of water in our room each day and you could buy bottled water in a large pack from reception, otherwise if was free at all three bars by the glass. We made sure we drank lots of water/juice and avoided alcohol in the daytime. We ate everything going and only avoided the tap water, and managed to avoid illness.
The scenery was breathtaking and the beach was lovely and clean. Sand was hot in July so flip flops recommended! There was a free mini bus to and from Dahab three times per day, details in reception.
The waiters were great and enjoyed a laugh and a joke but were always polite and helpful, as were the bar staff and reception staff.
The hotel was small enough so you could get to know the staff and other guests and although it was quiet there was enough to do and plenty of trips, etc to go on locally.
We, as a family, absolutely loved this hotel and would all like to go back. The staff and service were second to none and I would thoroughly recommend it. Thanks to all the staff for a holiday to remember!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of August 2010

Avoid this hotel at any cost!!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 15th of July 2010

"After reading so many excellent reviews for this Hotel, we can not believe the reality was a holiday from hell.. My Daughter my Partner and i were ill for five days out of the seven, in all my holidays in Egypt we have never had any illness, we have never seen so many people ill, everyone was taking medication from the pharmacy. Thomson/ Portland holidays with whom we booked this Holiday were aware that there was severe illness issues but still sent and are still sending more people there. We complained to David our rep who said that he was sending full reports back to the Thomson office in Sharm el Sheikh, nothing was done whilst we were there, the stack of medical complaint letters that we saw on his desk and the doctors patient visits list was filling an A5 paper. The manager did not want to know, as usual that famouse Egyption frase "it is the sun and the heat that causes this problem" does any one still fall for that line i wonder?? there is a big difference to a gippy holiday tummy which most people have had at some time or other to being doubled up with pain and cant get off the toilet for days on end. The food we dare not eat as there was flyes all around, the pool was never tested at all, and on the last day we watched as our bar man gave us water from a Pepsi cola bottle.... we have taken photographs of this and are now going to go for a full refund and compensation from Thomson, we have taken many holidays with Thomson and have always been happy but when things go wrong they realy do not want to know... Please this problem has been at this Hotel for three weeks that we are aware and no action is being taken do not waste your monney like we have choose another Hotel i would not wish what we suffered at that Hotel on my worst enemy....... "

• Travel date: Mon 5th of July 2010

Superb

Reviewed Tue 15th of June 2010

"If you are looking for a superb hotel in a perfect location have 5 start service but not pay 5 star prices. The Iberotel Dahabeya is the place, you will not regret your stay in this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of June 2010

fantastic holiday

Reviewed Mon 13th of July 2009

"first trip to egypt loved this hotel the staff couldent do enough for you the hotel was spottlesley clean food was good we had no stomach problems it was two weeks of total chilling we loved every minute of it we will go back "

• Travel date: Sat 11th of July 2009

Best holiday ever!!

Reviewed Sun 5th of April 2009

"Myself (23) and boyfriend (29) stayed in Dahabeya for a week 9th Feb - 14th Feb and we can honestly say it was the best holiday ever! We were that impressed that we have booked to return in June along with our 3 year old. When we arrived at the airport, as a woman I felt uncomfortable but in Dahab itself I felt very safe and all staff were respectful.

Staff - Staff at this hotel really make the holiday. They are friendly and playful yet professional. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they catered to our every need, they treated us like royalty. Restaurant staff in particular were exceptional helpful, in particular Abdu and Mohammed. Wael in the shop at the front was also lovely!

Rooms - Our room was about 5 steps from the pool and exceptionally clean and spacious. It was cleaned everyday with fresh towels displayed artistically on the bed! Mini bar was replenished daily (although anything used was an extra charge). The bed was very comfortable and we had no trouble sleeping! Bathroom was good size with a large walk in shower. Exceptionally clean.

Food - We were very weary of eatting in Egypt and travelled armed with plenty of stomach tablets - we didnt even need to contemplate taking any!! The food was plentiful and fresh with something for everyone. I am a very fussy eatter and never went hungry or felt dissatisfied with the food. The fresh salad and fruit is washin in mineral water so didnt have to worry about that, or the ice used in drinks. We had dinner on the beach in a private marque - a 5 course seafood meal which was absolutely beautiful. We also had dinner on the beach restaurant on valentines night which again was lovely. They had made a gigantic heart shaped cake for guests and we were entertained by a belly dancer.

Hotel/Staff - A beautiful and clean hotel with 1 large pool in the centre. It is situated right on the beach which has plenty of free sunloungers and parasouls. Sea is beautifully clear and lovely to snorkel in. There are 3 shops at the front of the hotel - be sure to pay Wael a visit in the perfume/oil shop and stay for a cup of tea! He was always laughing and smiling and always had time for us! Reception staff were helpful and polite. Dahab itself is very quiet and all the shops in the town (Masbat, 5 mins in taxi) are traditional Egyptian shops. You will not be able to read an English newspaper unless you track down the man on a bike and are willing to pay £12 for a 3 day old tabloid!

Excursions - We done the day trip to Cairo (Pyramids, Nile, etc) and this is something we will never forget. A fantastic day out that is definately worth the time and money. Just watch out for the Egyptian men on camels at the pyramids - nothing is free despite what they tell you! There was even an Egyptian man in the middle of the 2nd pyramid posing as a tour guide!! We also done the Red Sea cruise - amazing! Beautiful reef and informative guides with lovely food provided. The cheesy photograph package including calander and plate were nice to have as a keepsake! Quad biking in the desert was brilliant, would have done it twice if we had time!"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of April 2009

What a great place!

Reviewed Tue 17th of February 2009

"Me, my husband and my six year old daughter have just returned from a week in Egypt, staying at this hotel. What a fantastic place, a real treat for all. My husband is a windsurfer and only had one day sailng but that's the weathers fault. Other than that the hotel is great on all counts.

The hotel is scrupilously clean, the staff are all very friendly and will help with any query or concerns you have. There was only one restaurant as the the one below the main reception was being renovated but this did not matter. The waiting staff are great, the food choice is excellent with something for everyone. I have never seen such a vast display of desserts that were served on Valentine's evening,and I'm not a dessert person but my daughter was thrilled! The hygiene practices excelled expectation and therefore we were quite happy to eat the salads and fruit on offer. Nobody in our hotel (that I heard of) suffered from any stomach upsets and I think this reflects the professionalism of the staff and chef's.

The animation team were great in the evening and we had some great games of volleyball once people plucked up the courage to take part, the only criticism I have is that the kids club never seemd to happen despite a diary of events. This was a little frustrating as sometimes my daughter wanted to participate instead of doing grown up stuff which left us either not being able to go for a walk etc or dragging along a miserable child. Other than that the entertainment was quite acceptable and the kids disco went ahead without fail to squeeze that last amount of energy out before bedtime!

The drinks were very acceptable and the local beer was not bad at all. The spirits and cocktails were fine, if you don't want them you can take your own bottle from Duty free on the way out or pay the prices at the bar. We had no problem with any of the drinks and extensive cocktaisl menu, particulary if take part in a little banter with the excellent waiting and bar staff.

One last thing to mention is the massages on offer, I brought one for my husband for his birthday and he for me for Valentine's day - the only problem is that this had to end! What a masseuse! Great hands, great strength which I would recommend to anyone - treat yourself as just excelled anything experienced before. "

• Travel date: Tue 17th of February 2009

If you are looking for a relaxing holida...

Reviewed Mon 3rd of March 2008

"If you are looking for a relaxing holiday - The Dahabeya is for you. Based about 5mins from the Town by taxi (LE15). The hotel and grounds are exceptionally clean. The pool has plenty of sunloungers and the hotel has its own beach, where towels are supplied. There are 3 bars, one on the beach, a pool bar and one in the lobby. The Dahabeya has a good restaurant - perhaps the food being a bit limited at times - and on occasions it was full up, but it was no problem to have another drink in the bar before dining. There is another Restaurant (A La Carte) but it wasn't open every night during our stay and we didn't try it.
The Staff are exceptionally friendly and accommodating, and a few Egyptian pounds given here and there, will ensure a service second to none.
There is an Animation Team who provide day time and evening entertainment, but as this area is geared up for Wind Sufers Scuba Divers, many people retire early in the evening, so don't expect any late nights. However, the Lobby Bar is always open until 1 a.m.
Dahab Town is well worth a visit, and the hotel runs a courtesy bus 3 times a day, but taxis are easily accessible from outside the hotel. Always agree a price first. Although the food is plentiful at the hotel, it is worth trying the Seafood Restaurants in Town. Ali Baba is well recommended.
If you are going for the Diving, we used a Dive School in Dahab Town (Orca) which was fantastic and we would thoroughly recommend, but there is one based on the hotels beach, together with 2 Wind Surfing Schools.
We hired Quad Bikes from the Beach area and took a trip to the Oasis - well worth it - we had a fantastic afternoon.
Close by the hotel is a Pharmacy, selling anything you could possibly need. We spent many hours chatting to the owner, who speaks perfect English.
The only down side to our stay was Sharm Airport. Every time we go, it is always the same - don't expect to rush through. If you don't plan on going outside Sinai, you DO NOT need a VISA either.
Having been to Egypt numerous times before, we never go to the same hotel twice, but would have no hessitation in recommening the Dahabeya.
Enjoy your stay.

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of March 2008

I ll be back

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We have just returned from Dahabeya hotel, and while I am fresh I will share it with you.As my title say I ll be back-I and hole family was delighted with position of hotel (directly on the sandy beach,surfing centre is just bellow).One special word for the staff- excellent.Everybody, from cleaning staff to receptionist but especially animation team were 1 st class.Food is OK - a lot to choose from.Nobody had stomach problems (we were drinking bottled water and had only few salts).So my only complain would be that they charge wireless Internet (not much but still-15 Egyptian pounds per 1/2 hour)"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of February 2008

Beats Spain,,,Hands down

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"The hotel is approximately one hours drive by bus from Sharm El Sheik airport, but well worth it. On arrival there's a friendly and very efficient welcome, a cold drink and face cloth are provided and the management are conscious not to over burden anyone with information. Bell Boys get the luggage to your room. There was absolutely no hassle, it really set the week off.
The Hotel, it's location, the facilities, the catering and most of all it's staff all get a big thumbs up from us.
Our 7 yr old absolutely loved the animation team, they were good fun and their signature dance "Le Chiquita" is worth a go!!!
The evening entertainment is over by 10pm-ish and there was little noise after that, ideal for those who like it quiet.
We were in two minds as to wether or not to go to Egypt initially, we will go back and go back to this hotel and most likely sooner rather than later.
Take plenty of low denomination currency for tipping, Sterling, USD and Euros are all welcome and a couple quid makes a big difference."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of February 2008

Beautiful Dahabeya

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We have just returned from a fabulous holiday at the Dahabeya, the food was excellent, the desserts a speciality! As a familiy we had a room had a superking size bed and a sofa which converted into double bed and a twin room. I had previously emailed the hotel and asked if we could have rooms next to each other, they emailed back immediately that it wasn't a problem. If you tip the cleaner you will certainly get a swan on your bed (made out of towels or blankets). As the holiday was a suprise birthday trip for my husband's 50th, we couldn't have chosen a better hotel. The staff brought out a birthday cake, complete with candles and singing staff! The evening had The Animation Team bringing the whole family to their feet for happy birthday! They are abosulutely brilliant - you'll not miss them, Mojo, Momo and Barvy, to name just three! . Although our sons are teeenagers, 18, 16 and 14 they included them in everything. I would sat that this is definately NOT a hotel or location for teenagers after nightlife! But, when they've been sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling, windsurfing and playing beach bowls with the Animation Team and other guests, they will probably be happy just to chill in the nights watching the inhouse entertainment and playing cards. (wouldn't take them for two weeks though, one week is fab.) Watching the families there with little children, I would definately recommend. The Animation Team are brilliant with them, the pools are lovely and the hotel is on the beach. The Sinai mountains are absolutely stunning, the location is stunning! I would also say it's a beautiful spot for couples too. Quiet and with only 123 rooms(of which 40 are Thomsons). The only complaint is that the bar in the lobby was fairly short staffed and I think the hotel could do with having a look at this, but as the weather is becoming warmer I wonder if the outside bar will be open? We didn't tip the staff until we left, as being on all inclusive it's a bit pointless. Beware that the minibar will have chocolates; pop and water, if you use any you will have bill daily. Although the holiday rep said that the hotel would not fill up empty water bottles, they did at the beach bar. So if you go, fill them up and put them in the fridge! The food is very good and according to my boys the icecream is too! The hotel is spotless, they clean all the time! No need to pack beach towels, as you have a towel card on arrival. Your cases will be taken through a security screen at the hotel and the porter will take them to your rooms (so have a tip handy) remember one egyptian pound is 10pence. Holiday rep said that about 50 (equates to £5) tip would be enough for the whole hotel. But I think they get more than that, we tipped the cleaner 100 (£10) and he didn't flinch. We were also told that the Egyptian belly bug, is believed to come from the money, not the food! So beware, make sure you take antibac handwash gel with you. Remember to haggle in the shops.Even the shops located by the entrance to the hotel, I believed that they were hotel shops, therefore when told the price of snorkel set I simply paid it! Don't, remember what they ask you for, go down to half and up a bit from there. He also didn't have any change for me so gave me chewing gum instead! All the British Guests had a cocktail meeting with all the managers, they are really interested on what you have to say. I think they held meetings for guests from other countries esp Germany (there are some Russian guests too) . It was a perfect holiday, we all loved it, We weren't prepared for how cold the evenings were though, so if you're going in Feb make sure you have a fleece and long trousers with you for the nights. We would definately go back to the Dahabeya and recommend it."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of February 2008

Wind surfing galore

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We have just returned from a wonderful two weeks stay and would highly recommend the location for the water sport enthusiasts, ie wind surfing, boarding, snorkeling etc, but not diving. I would ideally like to keep it to my self as the hotel and it's staff were excellent.
Lovely location and setting, very safe and with very little hassle from beach sellers. The pool was brilliant and very inviting.
The staff were very welcoming and it felt like a small family working together. All services from bedrooms to dining were impeccable. The gardens were maintained to a very high level , the animationtion team where very enthusiastic,and I can only say "thank you" for a very relaxing fortnight stay.
A most enjoyable stay."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of February 2008

Hotels near Jaz Dahabeya

Top traveller tips for Jaz Dahabeya

• JohannaRiches by JohannaRiches

"The snorkeling and glass bottom boat trip from front of beach was excellent value and lasted 2 hours "

• hayley19 by hayley19

"Quiet but beautiful with respectful and friendly staff "

• hayley19 by hayley19

"Seafood dinner on the beach "

• allen by allen

"boat trip /quad biking "

• angelocoucke by angelocoucke

"We are going back next year ! "

• brooklyn babe by brooklyn babe

"Avoid it there are serious health problems "

• Heather from Leicester by Heather from Leicester

"Peaceful, beautiful, spotlessly clean, with wonderful staff. We miss it and would love to go back! "

Jaz Dahabeya is also called