Jasmine Hotel & Restaurant

Al Mashraba Street, Dahab Egypt

Love the Jasmine, get Gemal to organise your entire trip to Egypt

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"The Jasmine is great value for money and is located right on the beach. The staff are unbelievably helpful.

The restaurant is also spectacular with the freshest seafood and other great dishes.

Gemal, the manager, also organises tours and day trips. He organised the rest of our time in Egypt perfectly, including guides, hotels and all transport in Cairo and Luxor. It all turned out perfectly and Gemal was super diligent in making sure we were looked after.

Loved our time in Dahab and Egypt and the Jasmine was a big reason why."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of November 2008

A bit rundown, pervasive smell of kitchen

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"Stay in Jasmine can be summarized as endless list of surprises. No one tells you that at night your room will be filled with smell of kitchen directly below your room. Toilet installations are broken, you must adjust buoy by hand, and fill the reservoir by opening and closing the valve yourself, which can lead to flooding. Staff twice told us that they will repair it, to no avail. Last night electrical installations were overloaded by AC, so it stopped working, adding some smell of burnt plastic to pervasive smell of fish marinade.

Now to the bright side: location is good, on a Southern Reef, and the price is right. Rooms facing sea have more than nice balconies. Laundry service is cheap and good, and breakfast, included in the price, is extremely good and plentiful: you get to choose between continental, American, Egyptian and whatnot breakfast of very good quality. In Jasmine, food is very good in general.

Rooms are not cleaned daily, but you can ask for that, there is a slight possibility that Gamal or Eminem will relay your request to cleaning person.

I would come back here, but I would pick my room more carefully, and only if neighbour, Dyarna Hotel, has no rooms avaiable."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of November 2008

Shoestring Hotel but Prepare for Nippy Eyes

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"Okay let me start with the positives. The Jasmine is a hotel to suit the shoestring traveller and the rooms are reasonably cheap. The view from the two seaview rooms on the top floor are simply stunning- open aspects of the Arabian Sea and Saudia Arabia in the distance. The guys who run it are friendly and welcoming and the attached restaurant serves good food at decent prices. Now for the neagtives and the reason why we decided to cut short our stay at this hotel and move to another after 2 nights. Like many of the budget hotels in Dahab Jasmine relies solely on sea water for the showers. if you can live with washing in salt water for more than a night or two then you will no doubt take this place in your stride. However the other problem you might have to contend with is the plumbing. Our toilet barely flushed and the smell from it was rank- and that was before we used it! I guess you get what you pay for but for a few more euros you could can get a much nicer hotel in Dahab with similar seaviews, clean swimming pool and fresh water showers. It was a decision that we found easy to make in the end."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of September 2008

Great food and staff but.....

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Firstly the food is good and reasonably priced and the staff are really friendly. The rooms are OK, but could do with a good clean and a lick of paint. Even though i made my booking 4 months in advance, i was bumped out of my room half way through my stay. They did find me another (more expensive) place to stay, but there was never a mention of the word sorry which i found rather unprofessional to say the least."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of July 2008

Pretty good!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Pretty nice place, located at the southern end of the Dahab strip. We stayed here once and came back for a second stay. The rooms are pretty basic but clean and if you are staying more than one night you can ask them to clean your room daily. They do have pretty nice rooms upstairs and over looking the sea but we didn't book either of them. I would recommend a room with AC because the rooms heat up during the day and it is difficult to cool them down without using the AC. The staff is very friendly and can organize trips to the Blue Hole, Mt Sinai, camel treks, SUV trips, and more. Defiantly worth the value, even the more expensive rooms!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of May 2008

It's GREAT!

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"Great!

This was one of the best pensions that I have stayed at in a long time. The room overlooked the sea and was really reasonable (90 EP for two). The place was very clean and the guys that run the place were wonderful and very honest. They were happy to help you with arranging a tour but just as happy to help you arrange your own travel. I would recommend this place to anyone including my mother who likes the Marriott and can be scammed by anyone. These guys would even take care of her.

The only negative thing I could say is that the restaurant was a bit overpriced. However, you don’t have to eat there so it really doesn’t matter. We stayed at another very nice hostel in Dehab but the Jasmine is by far superior given its low cost and beach views."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of January 2008

Charning hotel and staff

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"I stayed at the Bishi Bishi for a couple of nights and it was perfect, friendly and clean and quiet. Then I decided I had to be really close to the sea and found the Jasmine.

I managed to grab one of the 2 the lovely en suite rooms on the top floor with a wooden balcony overlooking the sea. I slept with the window open serenaded by the sound of the waves! It was glorious, as was the food which is plentiful and interesting. The restaurant and hotel staff are all polite, attentive and fun. Altogether a great place if you want a simple holiday.

I loved Dahab so much that I'm taking a group there in November for a Yoga and Reiki Retreat. there's a few places left if you'd like to join us. Ruth"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2007

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"My boyfriend and I came across Jasmine Pension quite by chance on a web search while we were planning our trip to egypt in December 2006 - and what a fortunate find.

Located right on the sea front, looking out towards a suprisingly close Saudi Arabia, Jasmine Pension was everything we wanted: friendly, cheap, comfortable & clean rooms, and wonderful views. For us, the location was perfect- just off the busier central area, enough to make it somewhat quieter but really only a few minutes walk from the 'hub'. It has a relaxed, airy, 'beach' feeling - not five star luxury, just chilled out but clean and more than adequate.

Dahab itself is a lovely, laid back little town on the Red Sea, about an hour from Sharm el Sheikh. Diving and snorkelling is the main attraction, as well as nearby Mount Sinai and other desert trips. Although the town has apparently expanded much over the last 10-15 years, it still retains a bit of a hippie/ backpacker feel. Be prepared to chill out and relax!

We ended up spending lots of our time in Jasmine's restaurant... The variety and quality of food was great, we made many friends there, staff were wonderful, and it is right on the sea - what more can you ask for! We also did our PADI open water diving course through the dive centre attached to Jasmine - this can be arranged on the spot, or booked in advance. They were very professional, we had an excellent instructor, I can certainly recommend it. The staff at Jasmine can organise a variety of day trips e.g. to the White Canyon and St Catherine's monastery / Mt Sinai; although we didn't do this, their photographs looked fabulous. Basically, they were really helpful and flexible around whatever you are interested in.

Check out their website [-]- we'll definitely be back!"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of July 2007

Hotels near Jasmine Hotel & Restaurant

Stayed at Jasmine Hotel & Restaurant? Share your insight.

Jasmine Hotel & Restaurant is also called