We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Happy Life Village

Wady Quonay P.O. Box 47, Dahab 46617 Egypt

Good

Fantastic holiday shame about the hotel food and just how remote it is

"I was really looking forward to this holiday but not everything was perfect.

Staff were excellent very friendly, helpful all you could ask for. The Animation made the holiday for the kids Mido in particular. Shame that some activities were cancelled due to some German guests complaining about noise coming from the kid’s pool.

Location was very out the way with an access road that has to be seen to be believed, however the snorkeling, diving was amazing much better than in Dehab.

Hotel restaurant was very poor however they were having a new restaurant built and it was due to open any time soon. But the food was very poor if i was to mark it out of 10 it would only get a 4. They did have a restaurant near the pool where the food was slightly better but this was not part of the all inclusive package.

Drinks very limited as to what is part of the all inclusive package and if you wanted water for your room you are required to buy it!!!!

No facilities to make a drink in your room when you get up didn't go down well with me.

The pictures of the hotel are a bit dated as there are now three pools and the layout has improved, nightlife in the hotel is terrible with a disco in the evening that made it seem fun going to the dentist (i hate the dentist).

They have not yet finished building at this hotel and i can only hope it improves when it is finished.

Would i go again to this hotel no it’s not for me or really an ideal family location not a lot for kids to do as you can only swim so many times before the kids start to get bored.

But before you think i just moaning I’m not. I did enjoy my stay i was just very disappointed after staying in other Hotels in Egypt that made this a very very poor comparison"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2008

Better than expected

"After reading reviews I wasn't perticularly looking forward to this holiday but had a really lovely time. Went to Dahab for the windsurfing, not realising how remote this hotel was. This has positives and negatives depending on what you want. It worked really well for us, getting a taxi (very easy and cheap) on windy days to the lagoon area and just chilling out other days. It is very informal and relaxed, staff very helpful and friendly, (except reception). Direct access to the coral reefs so great for snorkelling. Rooms are dated but clean (excellent cleaning staff)and comfortable, no hairdryer. Meals ok and beach bar menu excellent and cheap.
If you truly want to get away from it all this is the place to go.
The selling from the health club, dive centere and watersports became a bit troublesome at times but avoiding eye contact worked well.
Shuttle bus times were not very good but it was very reliable giving good access to dahab centre."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of April 2008

Like paradise...

"The Hotel is really amazing. The landscape is truly stunning, wonderful mountains combined with a lovely sea make your stay extremely pleasant. The staff is extremely nice, the food is great, since it also offers native food and much variety. The diving school, attached to the hotel, is extremely professionel and advanced. he staff there is also amazingly nice.
I didn't like the transfer times of the shuttle to Dahab, since they are badly organized. Also, the bathrooms could be renovated. The rooms are nice and comfy.
I, personally wouldn't go there for a week or two and don't do anything. It is really only a geat trip for divers.
The best time to go is beginning february, due to the quietness of the hotel complex.
I loved the trip and i would like to go diving there again."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of February 2008

Nice location, unfriendly staff

"A beautiful location, secluded from the rest of the town. Right on the beach with high desert mountains to the back and sides. Nice road between the ocean and mountains - great for walks, etc. Nice meals too.

The hotel is quite far from Dahab and the shuttle times are not very convenient; a regular taxi costs LE 30-40 each way. It's a nice general location, but not if you want to hang out in Dahab for part of the day.

Unfortunately the front desk staff were not at all friendly, any time we asked for more information they didn't know anything and seemed upset that we even asked; after the first day we just avoided the front desk. Brochures contain information about day trips to other places in several European languages but not in English, when we asked about going to Mt Sinai, at first we were told this was not possible, we asked another staff person the next day and we were given an outrageous price (LE 750 for 3 people). So we took a bus there and asked the hotel to arrange a taxi to the bus station. They said they would do it and even wrote it down on some piece of paper, but never arranged it; we almost missed the connection."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of January 2008

Very far out of town

"Happy Village is beautiful and the guys at the Orca dive center are really great. But, for the price of the hotel, you can do better in Dahab itself. I stayed at both Happy Village and Inmo, which was smaller but cleaner and less expensive. There also seem some other good resorts at the southern end of the promenade that are on the nicer side of things, and I found it perfectly quiet. Just want to make sure people know happy village is a 20-25 minute jeep drive to town, that the shuttle service only runs three times a day. This also makes it less convenient for the northern dive sites. However, if you want a self-enclosed resort and dont want to pay for the hilton, Happy Village was a fine choice."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

Breathtaking!

"The hotel was absolutely fantastic! The location and the coral reef were beautiful and unexpected . The rooms were nice and clean and the food was great. We went on holiday to Egypt for two weeks and stayed at least in 6 other hotels and this was by far our favorite. Plus Dahab is very affordable."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of June 2007

Fantastic Setting

Good

"I just returned from a week at the Happy LIfe Village that I chose since it was secluded from the other hotels and because of its setting under the mountains. The location is really fantastic, right under the mountains, on the beach with beautiful corals, a nearby canyon is impressive and climibing the mountains gives you a spectacular view.... be prepared that you need to travel about 5km on a dirt road from Dahab to get there though, it is truly in the middle of nowhere.
The hotel recreations faciliites are great - a comfortable beach with a lot of lounge-chaises, a large pool for swimming, beach volleyball, table tennis etc, basic massages, jacuzzi (at a fee) and massages.
The rooms are ok - comfortable and clean (safe, TV with some int'l channels, good beds ).... and most with views to sea, or pool or the nice gardens, all conveniently located within the hotel. Food is not that great.. a la carte is ok and very cheap, but only available 11am to 5pm, breakfast is good, but the general dining for lunch/dinner lacks variety, tastiness and a larget selection e.g. of fruit, seafood, desserts etc. The hotel only serves local liquor, beer (both ok), and wine (terrible!!), no international choice of alcohol except one beer type.
The problem with this hotel is hygiene. Dirty glasses, some staff do not follow basic hygieniec guidelines and all this adds to the fact that many in our group suffered from what they call Pharao's Revenge - one day of terrible stomach cramps, diarrhea, vomiting and headaches.....(this is not unhead of in many hotels in Middle East though). Tour guides recommend to buy Antinal in a local drugstore to help you fight it FAST. (abt 1Euro).
Service is ok, but don't expect too much.
I would say it is a great location if you want to spend a week away from everything, just resting and not having high expectations of the hotel in general. 3*** I would say..
The entertainment program is nearly non existant; but if you just want to switch off for about a wekk, go and enjoy."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of November 2006

from Hana

"I stayed at this hotel for a week and it is really coooool!!! I advise u to stay there!! The entertainment is super.....mainly the discos....organised by a gooood animator =)! Really great! I will visit happy life again 100%! Hana"

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

nice and quiet, wonderful divesites and lovely staff

Good

"A month before Easter it was really nice and quiet... Rooms are fine. Nice weather. Divesites, also the housereef right in front of the hotel, are wonderful. All the staffmembers were really friendly. Food was fine too... so go there and enjoy it!!"

• Travel date: Mon 24th of April 2006

Loved Happy Life Village Hotel !

"In March of this year I spent some 'unwind' time at the Happy Life Village in Dahab after an exhausting, busy holdiay in Cairo. I loved the isolation and enthralling, majestic presence of the incredible mountains. I loved the wandering, colourful gypsies (the Bedouin) with their caravans of camels and I loved my exceptionally clean and comfortable hotel room. The staff were very friendly. I live so far away from Dahab, I doubt I'll ever return but if I had the opportunity I'd be back like a shot ! Thank you Happy Life Village. It was wonderful. Jo Buchanan, Australia."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of October 2004

Fantastic

"Altogether there were ten of us, we had a lovely time hotel was lovely and a lovely relaxed atmosphere, staff can not do enough for you, children are welcomed and constantly entertained by the staff wanting to play. It is situated in a beautifull scenery, and the beach is unbeliveably close. The coral is just amazing and made the holiday. Some of our party went for Christmas and we met them for New Year, they made a real effort at New Year with party bags beautifull meal (such an effort went in to it), and what more can you ask for than a party on the beach for New Year. A shuttle to Dahab daily. I had a massage in the hotel which was wonderfull and relaxing. The gardens are lovely and well tenderd to. The place is extremly clean and so was our room. It really should be a 5 star hotel a real gem. We all intend to go back in October, I cannot advise this hotel enough for a relaxing holiday with good weather."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of January 2010

Exellent

"superb hotel and staff, location is spot on probably one of the best hols we have taken and we will be going back again as soon as we can ! "

• Travel date: Sat 25th of July 2009

Hotels near Happy Life Village

Stayed at Happy Life Village? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Happy Life Village

• "Mount Sinai and St. Catherine's Monastory "

• gemmarodgers by gemmarodgers

"Make sure you go to the beach and look at the coral. "

Happy Life Village is also called