Dahab Plaza Hotel

Al Masbat Area City Center Before Bridge In The Heart Of Dahab City, Dahab 11511 Egypt

Excellent place to stay

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"I've stayed at the Dahab Plaza twice in the past month. I chose it based on the price, which was very affordable for a student like me.
Emad, the owner, is awesome. He has a real talent for figuring out exactly what his guests want, even if they are reluctant to say something. He also is particularly aware of the challenges for women who are traveling alone in Egypt, and caters very well to that type of traveler. He remembered me the second time I visited, and made sure everything was perfect for my stay. I don't think I've ever seen a hotel operator go so far out of his way for his customers. For example he sent an employee to purchase my return bus ticket, dropped me off at the station when it was time for me to leave, and allowed my to leave my bags at the hotel even after I had checked out. He is very conscious of the customer-service relationship he has with his guests, and so enforces strict guidelines on the behavior of his staff, and places high value on the privacy of people staying at his hotel.
The rooms are clean, air conditioned, and are equipped with TV, internet and mini-fridge. They also have complimentary laundry service, breakfast at one of two restaurants via voucher, and free tea and shisha available in their sitting area. It's only a two minute walk to the waterfront, but I was admittedly a bit put off in the beginning by the fact that it wasn't closer to the beach; however, for the price I was paying, I wasn't going to complain. In the end I appreciated the fact that the hotel isn't in the middle of all the activity of the waterfront. It was nice to be able to escape the hassle that tourists inevitably experience in Egypt. There is also a pool under construction that promises to be a nice addition to the hotel when it is completed.
When I go back to Dahab, which I inevitably will, because it was such a nice vacation experience, I will be staying at the Dahab Plaza again."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of May 2010

Unmatched hospitality, nice hotel, highly recommended!

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"Emad, the owner is absolutely great! He arranged for our taxi to pick us up from Sharm and then showed us our room promptly as we were tired from the journey. He gave us a brief tour of the place, including the Same Same Restaurant, where we enjoyed complimentary breakfast daily! Also lunch and dinner at same same and fresh fish were at a discount.
When my girlfriend got sick one day, Emad sent out for some medicine from the pharmacy even!! You will not regret staying here, as the hospitality is top notch. You will be sorry to leave your new friends in Dahab."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of April 2010

amazing hotel and owner

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"budget hotel with no frills. provides a/c, TV,fridge and comfotable room which is what is needed. breakfast is via a voucher at a choice of 2 restaurants, one 2 mins and the other 10 mins walking distance. i prefered the further one as their breakfast was heartier.

the owner Emad is fantastic, friendly and so hospitable. he arranged my diving package much cheaper than elsewhere. he offered to organise any trips at a good rate. i had arranged everything by e-mail and he responded quickly. he did not take any payment off me until i arrived. he arranged a taxi to pick me up from the airport. you were free to use the internet at anytime. he provides free bottled water and will send your clothes to a local laundry free of charge. Where else could you find such a nice, trustworthy man!!!
the other staff were friendly and on 2 occasions made me bedouin tea whilst i watched local footie with them in their bedouin area with outside TV, superb!!
would definitely recommend to stay here"

• Travel date: Wed 14th of April 2010

If you want to stay at a hotel with heart and soul, this is your place

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"We arrived at Dahab weary from the English winter and were met by Emad who was throughout our 9 day stay the perfect host and the most genuine person. Nothing was too much trouble for him, even if woken up in the early hours of the morning. The hotel is in an excellent location, a couple of minutes walk from the beach and town centre. The rooms are big with excellent air conditioning, a large fridge and good value. You can choose from one of two restaurants on the beach for breakfast. We highly recommend Same Same. An unforgetable experience. Thank you Emad."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of April 2010

Brilliant Service and Great location - very good value

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past month I came for one week beginning of October came home for 2 weeks and went back - Emad offers exceptional service. I have travelled all over the world and stayed in some very expensive hotels as well as backpackers - I have never seen such good service. Emad works very hard to ensure that you enjoy your stay.

The hotel is very cheap and the rooms are quite big with air con - fridge - and tv and for the very cheap price it offers great value as you also get breakfast at the Same Same restaurant on the beach included. I would go back as Emad has great plans for his hotel and I hope he succeeds with them as he is fab and so is Vela who works with him"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of November 2009

Relax stay

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"A good address centrally located to stay for couple nights. This hotel is being remodeled and has a lot of potential. The rooms are big with Internet connection and TV in the room. The price is correct for Dahab. The management does its best to make the stay enjoyable."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of October 2009

Great place to stay. Clean and the best service I've ever had.

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"The service here is top notch, Vela and Imad make everyone feel welcome and appreciated. Would definitely book with them again if I ever eturn to Dahab."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of October 2009

very nice and quiet place

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"If you need some rest in nice and quiet place - this hotel is definately for you. We stayed there 3 nights and really enjoyed it! Rooms are very clean and comfortable, staff always ready to help you.
Kasia & Ewelina from Poland"

• Travel date: Fri 15th of May 2009

Great staff, great ambiance, could be cleaner!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"I booked a double room for me and my girlfriend by mailing the manager at the email address I found on the website. He responded immediately and booking went perfect.
When we arrived in Dahab, we went to the hotel and were greeted wamly by the manager, Emad, who is a really cool guy.
Rooms where large, with AC but could use some serious cleaning.
The lobby is open air, with 2 pool tables and a big TV, it's really cozy.
The diving center with which the hotel is cooperating, is average but not perfect.

This place is generally cool if you want something cheap and average. Not the best deal in town, but you may find rooms here even 2 days before new years eve.

If you go to Dahab for diving your stay at the hotel will probably be minimal, so I would suggest this hotel.
If however you're the kind of person that spends time in the hotel room and/or premises, then better look for something better."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of January 2009

nice hotel

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"all staff inside hotel at your service u wil find it easy to ask any thing because they have a lot of relation in Dahab"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of November 2006

Hotels near Dahab Plaza Hotel

Stayed at Dahab Plaza Hotel? Share your insight.