Dahab Coachhouse

Masbat Bay, Dahab Egypt

Good

Wonderful!

"My husband and I stayed at the Dahab Coachhouse for 3 nights and was very please that we did. Mikkas and Nina were brilliant hosts and we enjoyed that homey feeling of the guest house. Fresh home made bread, pancakes and made-to-order eggs every morning. Location was brilliant too! Away from all the hustle and buzzle but 2 minutes walk to everything! What I was most grateful for was the fact we had a very late flight and Mikkas kindly offered not just to leave our luggages but to keep our room till we depart with no extra charge! They were both waiting at the door to see us off too when our guide came to pick us up around 11pm at night. Such amazing people."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of May 2009

A Hidden Gem in Dahab

"We spent one week in Dahab at the start of our first visit to Sinai and so we researched our choice of accommodation very carefully. We had great expectations of The Coachhouse after reading reviews and visiting their website and were not disappointed.

A charming guesthouse, offering spotlessly clean rooms, a relaxed atmosphere, a fresh buffet breakfast complemented by our hosts, Nina and Mikkas, who offer a warm and genuine welcome.

• Travel date: Fri 8th of May 2009

Gem of a place!

"Me & my husband stayed at the Coach-house for 3 nights, a couple of months ago. This cozy place is run by an extremely friendly couple, Nina & Mikkas. Right from the minute we landed here, we loved it!

It's a 2 minute walk from the coast (the Assalah stretch) ........ extremely convenient! There are a lot of restaurants around.....also, convenience stores & diving outfits as well. You can easily snorkel & dive in this stretch.

There are 7 rooms, comfortable, clean & just the right size. The bathroom too is functional & very clean. The courtyard makes for a relaxing place to have breakfast each morning, freshly prepared by the owners......right down to the bread that they bake. We had heaps of fresh fruit, warm bread, pancakes, butter, preserves, yoghurt, fresh juice & tea/coffee. Truly, the breakfast is the best that we ate during our 3 weeks across Egypt.

They have a well stocked fridge......there's water, soda & beer. You can take what you want & pay later. The kitchen is available for guest use after 10 am......which is great if you want to cook your meals.
They also have wi-fi.....handy if you want to stay connected. Rooms also have TV. The Air-con is effective. We used their laundry service, which was good. They also arrange for airport pick-up & drop......we didn't use it, though.

We regretted not being able to spend more time there. We also missed the warm & friendly hosts when we left.............it was like a home away from home!"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of February 2009

Nordic oasis

"The danish owners of Dahab Coachhouse - Nina and Mikkas - really are doing a great job. After enjoyable but sometimes exhausting egyptian hassle it's relaxing to step in to this guesthouse - peaceful, clean, quiet - and look at the sky full of stars. Every morning starts with the freshly baked breadrolls and warm pancakes, delicious fruits and the tips of best coral reefs. Atmosphere throughout my 12 days stay was warm and homelike. Rooms are rather simple but nice enough and clean. I warmly recommend this place - after Dahab Coachhouse I stayed 2 nights at Hilton Sharks Bay in Sharm l- but missed Dahab every minute :)"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of January 2009

A home away from home

"Being a guest at Dahab Coachhouse was like having a home away from home. We just got back from ten wonderful days at the Coachhouse, which we booked after reading the earlier recommendations at TripAdvisor and everything more than lived up to our expectations: From the pre-arrival arrangements and booking (sorted out with Nina and Mikkas, the owners of Coachhouse, over email), the airport pick-up (also arranged by them), the quality and cleanliness of the rooms, the breakfast (yes, it IS great!), the day-to-day advice on what to see and where to go, and to the check-out and final drop off by Mikkas at Sharm airport ten days later.
Nina and Mikkas are the prefect hosts; warm, lovely, open and helpful and they did everything they could to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The location of the hotel is also perfect, 50 m from the sea front but really calm and quiet too.
We would recommend this to everyone. Sometimes a hotel is just a hotel, but this time it was more than that; it was, in fact, one of the key elements in making our holiday such a brilliant, relaxing experience."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of January 2009

The place to stay!

"My boyfriend and i planned our trip to Dahab for a weeks relaxing holiday and typically left booking the hotel till the last minute! i was frantically looking for places to stay when i came across only ONE review for the Coach house but this won me over! (Dahab's best kept secret - thank you!) I contacted Nina and Mikkas directly via their website [-] and we stayed for 7 nights - it was incredible! we loved it - peaceful and perfectly located... delicious breakfasts, clean rooms with good showers and plenty of hot water and air con, TV etc etc - everything you could want! it really is a gem of a place and i couldnt recommend it more highly! i cant believe there are not more reviews, but i think this helps to make it special for the people in the know!! nevertheless, i felt i wanted to write a review as it is still fairly new, and it really was a fantastic place to stay! we hope we will be returning soon!
Polly and James"

• Travel date: Sun 26th of October 2008

Wonderful place to stay in Dahab

"I stayed in the Coach House for a month whilst working in Dahab. From the moment I arrived and throughout my stay, it was always a joy to get up in the morning for a beautiful breakfast featuring a variety of fresh fruits, home made bread rolls and pancakes. Returning from work to this tranqil place was also a pleasure. Nina and Mikkas who own the Coach House really could not be friendlier or kinder. They made me a fabulous packed lunch most days of my stay and were lovely to chat to and couldn't have been more helpful. I missed them as soon as I left.
The rooms were always clean and linen changed frequently. In addition, there was always hot water, the air conditioning worked perfectly and wireless internet allowed me to keep in contact with home regularly.
I could happily have stayed at the Coach House for another month, or longer and hope that I will be able to return some time soon."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of October 2008

Oasis !

"Stayed at the Coachhouse for 14 days in sept 2008.
It was a fantastic stay, such a lovely place only 100 feet from the red sea.

Everything was perfect at the Coachhouse, the cleaning was spotless, always clean towels, clean bed sheets.
The hosts, Nina and Mikkas, are wonderfull people and made the Coachhouse a very nice relaxing and calm oasis in Dahab.

Next time we are going to dive in the red sea, we will stay at the Coachhouse!"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of October 2008

Dahab's best kept secret!

"In mid July, my wife and I had the time of our lives spending over a week at the Coach house! We absolutely loved it! I was shocked that there weren't more reviews because this is hands down the place to stay in Dahab and it has to be the best kept secret. There are so many fantastic things to say that I don't know where to begin. For starters, the place was only built a couple of years ago so everything is in great working order and clean. The room was tastefully decorated and spotless (cleaned daily), there was a TV (not that you want to spend all day there but catching some satelite TV is nice once in a while), the beds were very comfortable, and the remote controlled air conditioning was quiet and cold- that tends to come in handy when its over 100 degrees outside. They also have a laptop for you to access the internet or if you have your own, the wifi works great in all the rooms (all free of charge). They even stock the fridge with soft drinks, beer, and water and ask a very fair price for anything you take.

But what makes the place so special is how the Danish owners, Nina and Mikas, treat their guests. Nina whips up what has to be the best breakfast in Dahab or maybe even in Egypt for that matter (eggs cooked to order, delicious lemon flavored crepes, homemade bread, fresh fruit, and freshly squeezed OJ) and they have plenty of suggestions for where to snorkel or places to eat. You really do feel right at home and they took such great care of us, even volunteering to pick up some medicine for us at the pharmacy so we didn't get slapped with the "tourist" price.

The location is also perfect. It's a two mintute walk to the ocean and the snorkeling is stunning. All you have to do is walk right in (no boats necessary) and swim 30 feet to some fantastic colored coral, blowfish, nimos, eels, etc that are only a few feet below the crystal clear and very calm waters. Really, once you snorkel or dive here, you will be spoiled. One caveat is that there isn't much beach sand to lay out in in Dahab. People just lay out on sun chairs that overlook the ocean and hop right on in when they want to cool off or have a look at the fish. There is also a great PADI dive shop right next door, Desert Divers. We went through the certification process there and have to say the instructors are great and make you feel safe, plus the equipment is in solid shape.

I can't say again how much we loved staying at Coach house. Just to give you some perspective, my wife and I are in the middle of a 7 month trip around the world and we still talk about Nina and Mikas just about everyday and dream about going back. If you go, make sure to check out Eel Garden. It's a restaurant with great food (try the iced coffees) and you can walk right into the water and see some eels about 50 feet away. There is also another little spot, Blue House, owned by a Thai woman who serves up awesome Thai dishes which is a nice change from the usual menus. Also the restaurant at Desert Divers is quick and the staff lead by a friendly guy named Bebo will make you feel right at home. This was our hang out while diving, snorkeling and sunning.

• Travel date: Wed 27th of August 2008

wonderful rekaxing hotelrun by Danish couple

"We arrived on a whim in Dahab instead of going to Sharm, and after some random asking around found this wonderful gem. Seven rooms, set back down an alley behind Desert Divers. Excellent air con (works very well), showers, TV in several languages (showing movies mostl) and fastidious cleanliness. Nothing is too much trouble for the very friendly owners Nina & Mikkas who prepare a fabulous breakast (loved Nina's crepes and scrambled eggs), sort out laundry & transport--all for 30 euro a night which was only a touch more than the more rough and ready places on the waterfront."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of March 2008

Hotels near Dahab Coachhouse

Stayed at Dahab Coachhouse? Share your insight.

Dahab Coachhouse is also called