Bishbishi Garden Village

Mashraba St., Dahab Egypt

Mixed Feelings

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"Staff were very friendly and helpful and had a good knowledge of the local area. Although Jimmy was very helpful and friendly he didn't keep his staff well informed and for us caused some confusion if he wasn't available. Although there was confusion when he booked ferry tickets on our behalf he was quick to respond to our phone inquiries from the ferry terminal and all was resolved. The use of mosaics in the village is stunning and the Funny Mummy restaurant, run by Jimmy, was the best food in Egypt.

The downside of the village was the rooms weren't cleaned during our 4 day stay and the sheets were far too small for the beds. Relative to other budget accommodation in Egypt it was over priced."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of February 2008

Very Nice

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"Real nice hostel! I would definitely recommend it if you are in Dehab for a party.

The guys who run the place are a bit over the top but they are having a good time and it is a little contiguous. The rooms are basic but clean. The grounds are spotless and there are great places to relax. Sometime the staff is a bit pushy on tours; however, they do take no for an answer and I truly believe they want you to have the best time possible. In any event I would defiantly recommend the place. We spent a couple of nights here and then upgraded (4 euros for 2 people) to another very nice pension overlooking the beach.

Oh yea the dinners are well worth it. Momo really makes you feel at home, the food is plentiful and of high quality. We ate there even when we were not staying there. So by all means plan on having one dinner during your visit."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of January 2008

Relax and enjoy!

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"First time, but sure I'll be back there! The place is nice and relaxed, it is cheap, and clean, with working airco, good breakfasts and the people are great. When you go there it feels a bit like home away from home! You become part of the Bishbishi-family. Jimmy and his crew are the best, they take really good care of you. I've been there for diving, and that was great too. Sphinx Divers and Penguin Divers both have a very friendly and qualified staff. For diner, or just a nice drink, listening to the sounds of the sea, we went to Funny Mummy. And we really enjoyed it there. The food was great, the staff was very helpfull and they serve killer thick shakes!"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of October 2007

Fantastic

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"This place is clean (the bathrooms must be mopped out about once an hour!), relaxed, quiet (away from the banging nightclubs further down Dahab beach) and Jimmy ("The King of Dahab") is a real character.

We were only planning on staying a few days, but liked it so much we stayed over 2 weeks in the end!

It's the other side of the road to the Penguin Hotel, which is more expensive but has rooms with sea views... all the same business though I think. The Penguin has a nice chill-out area down by the sea that serves food and drink all day.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of September 2007

Wonderfull place to stay

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"We stayed for 4 nights at Bishbishi and it is really a great place to stay. Jimmy, Oula, Alex and all the other guys are so friendly, funny and they really give you the feeling that you are part of the family. They will do everything for you. We are a family with two teenaged boys (14 and 12 years old) and also the boys think it's a great place to be (and that's really something for that age ;) )
If we ever go back to Egypt we want to stay there again for sure! No doubt about it. It's close to the centre, close to the sea and it has everything that you need. Special the cozy, warm feeling! Add the clean rooms, the food and drinks and the attention and there is nothing else to wish for.
Don't forget to try the milkshakes and the sahlab :)"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of July 2007

Loved BishBishi

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"What a fantastic place to relax!
Jimmy is too funky for words!

Seriously, great vibe with young people and a great place to explore Dahab from."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of June 2007

Had a hard time leaving

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"We ended up at Bishbishi by accident along with another couple we met in our travels. We had a great time, Jimmy and Company are fantastic and will help you arrange just about anything that you can think of, we took a day to trip to Jordan and Petra that was fantastic. The rooms are clean the food at the funny mummy is very tasty. And the people are great. Highly recomended we will go back if ever in Dahab."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of March 2007

Clean, Smart, Good vibe

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"This is the place to be if you're a traveller. Nicely away from the tourists and close to supermarkets there will be nothing you could want that's not at hand or avaliable from the owner who is Mr Dahab - Jimmy. Jimmy and his band of faithful guys will look after you in their smart camp. Take a beer and join the social meeting around the central fire at night time, where you can sit with fellow travellers (of all ages and experience) Just one word of advice - check the deals / prices before you sign up.. Enjoy"

• Travel date: Sat 13th of January 2007

A treasure!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"I stumbled upon this place by luck, you could easily miss it as it's hidden behind the main street. It's not what you would normally picture as a budget hotel, as you walk in, you see people chilling out on cushions under palm trees! There's a really friendly and good feeling about the place. Excellent, low cost accommodation, clean and very close to centre and 2 minutes from the sea! But the real gems are the staff there, really kind and helpful and very accommodating. I felt really safe and really at home. I would definately stay here again. Thank you to all at the Bishbishi for such a wonderful and unforgettable stay!!"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of December 2006

Great Vibe

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"BishBishi is one of the (if not the) most well known place to stay in Dahab. It has a wonderful atmosphere where everyone are greeted all the time by the staff, which makes your stay that much better. The hilarious owner Jimmy is a character and a half and he will do whatever he can to make your stay the best possible.
The village is located on the main beach road in Dahab but to get to the beach you cross the road and go through the other hotel. Takes about 1 minute. (Nearly all of the accom in Dahab is located like this). NOTE: The beach in Dahab is not a lovely sandy beach for lying on - its rough and rocky with patches of sand and really windy. So dont plan to donn your bikinis here! Exchange them for a wetsuit and a windsurfer, snorkel or diving gear.
There is no pool at BishBishi, but a cheap internet cafe and FunnyMummy restaurant which serves superb food.
The camp itself has rooms ranging from budget with shared bathroom, to quite flash triples with air-con. Both rooms we stayed in were really good, although the saltwater showers take a bit of getting used to!
Jimmy arranged us a fabulous (but tough) 4 days in the desert with a bedoin guide which was fantastic. he really went out of his way to make this happen and for that we were very greatful. he also organised a mini-van back to cairo for 9 of us, instead of taking the public bus.
This is your home away from home. I would definitely recommend staying here."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of November 2006

Dangerous.

Reviewed Mon 8th of December 2014

"Having traveled a lot, I've stayed in some pretty questionable places along the way. At first glances Bishbishi looks fine. Look a little further and it's just not worth it. I stayed here a while ago and the corners that the owner cut ended up with myself, my girlfriend at the time and 3 children in the room next door in hospital.

At 6am the hot water boiler exploded and blew up our room. The walls and ceiling came down on us. The wall separating our room from the next was blasted at the three children next door. Tourists and locals came to dig us out of the rubble.

No one died, but one of the children sustained a serious head injury, one had a broken ankle, my girlfriend had cuts and crushing from the blast and then the concrete blocks and I had serious wounds, a head injury and a foot that was paralyzed for four months while the nerve healed.

Jimmy the owner, wasted no time in getting straight to the hospital along with the police to pressure us into signing paperwork that would get him out of trouble. At first Jimmy said he would help with things like my loss of earnings (I couldn't walk and at the time, I was a waiter). Once I returned home, he promptly ignored me and stopped replying to me.

Do not trust him and do not stay in this hostel. Spend just a bit more and avoid the risk. "

• Travel date: Sun 7th of December 2014

Hotels near Bishbishi Garden Village

Stayed at Bishbishi Garden Village? Share your insight.

Bishbishi Garden Village is also called