Alaska Camp & Hotel

Masbat South Sinai, Dahab 46617 Egypt

Well done Alaska!

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"Room was spotless, spacey, quiet and reasonably priced.

Jackie is great, giving good useful advices and looks really confident in her vision for that place.

All the others were nice people, their dog is also beautiful :)

I guess now also the garden/relaxing/cushions area should have changed a bit, when I was there they had just finished changing the whole hotel internals.

See you guys next time, keep going. Edvin"

• Travel date: Wed 14th of January 2009

Fantastic hotel!!

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"I stayed at this guesthouse in December with my boyfriend. We were in Egypt for ten days, intending to dive for most of the time and relax the rest of the time! Alaska camp was perfect for our stay. It was very reasonably priced, centrally located, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the showers were excellent. The rooms and hotel seemed very new, and we both felt warmly welcomed all the time.

The staff and management at the hotel were extremely friendly, and very helpful when we asked for tips on places to eat, dive and travel.

I would definitely recommend Alaska Camp!"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of January 2009

Clean, clean, clean!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"After being told at the roach infested hostel I was already staying in was full and I needed to move, I decided to wander around to find another hotel. I was delighted when I came across the Alaska Hotel. The rooms were inexpensive,spotless, and brand new. Water was always hot and the management super helpful and friendly. They arranged some super trips for me at great prices. I also feel this is a great place for lone female travelers. Also, no more roaches (that is hard to find in Egypt)."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of January 2009

Cappie's review

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"well, it's okay.. ..it has no sea view or dive center..they can mange some trips..but it's not that good (i had to travel with others) the rooms are good.. but it's expensive for it's quilty and services..I'd rather stay in mashrbyah or sphenx with the same amount of money i can stay in a better room with a better service..the poeple who work there:
a dude called sabry (i'm not a fan)
an english women (I'm not a fan + her acent is annoying)
and a dude called Ahmed ( a really cool person and he also own a resturant near the light house)
I think there are a couple of workers there but they don't speak english and the camp service no breakfast..com'on"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of November 2008

Simply the best in Dahab

Reviewed Sat 29th of December 2012

"Having stayed in various hotels and hostels in Egypt, my verdict couldn't be more simple and clear- it's the best one! No seriously, it's brand new, the rooms are clean and shiny, everything there is working fine! The staff is very relaxed and extremely friendly, gave us lots of tips on where to eat and where to dive. In the evening there's a small cafe/bar in the courtyard, where you can lay down on the couchins and watch a movie, or hang out with fellow travellers. Last but not least, it's right in the middle of Dahab, you won't spend more than 2 mins getting to your favourite cafe, restaurant or diving centre! Just an ideal place and cheap too!

Have a great stay there and enjoy the vibe in that town!

Dennis"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of November 2008

Loved the Service

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"Since we were moving to Alaska, the name caught our attention and made us laugh. We stopped in to check out the prices and they were right for us. The facility was simple with basic amenities, but comfortable and clean. We appreciated Jackie's expertise and recommendations on diving facilities and sites, and we were able to rent snorkeling gear from Alaska Camp, which was handy. We enjoyed the atmosphere and friendliness of the workers and appreciated a quiet place to relax. If we ever get the chance, we'll stay there again, and recommend it to all our friends."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of September 2008

Wonderful place and people

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"Trip to Dahab is simply a must when exploring Egypt and if you can stay at such a wonderful place like Alaska camp with all the hospitality and helpfulness waiting for you don't let this chance fly away.You will meet old friends there!!!:)
Dada, Slovakia"

• Travel date: Wed 24th of September 2008

Strange name but great hotel!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We just stayed at the Alaska for four nights and it was perfect - closely located to the strip but still quiet. The rooms were clean and beautiful. Jackie was very helpful with plans and advice and the rest of the staff was open and helpful. We highly reccomend the Alaska!"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of September 2008

Loved Dahab!

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"I’ve just come back from a short stay in Dahab with a couple of friends. I’ve only been to Egypt once before and really liked it. On recommendation we decided to give Dahab a go and I thought it was great!. Dahab is a very relaxed and friendly place with a Mediterranean feel. The bay is very sheltered and the snorkeling is amazing with a selection of reefs just off the beach with loads of fish and coloured coral. Dahab itself is full of roof top bars and seafront restaurants. Not all of them sell alcohol but they will let you take it in. There is no beach to speak of but most of the restaurants have sun beds or sea front sofas and if you buy a drink you can use them for free.
As far as accommodation goes, Dahab is not over developed and doesn’t have loads of 5 star hotels which I liked. Sharm is only an hour’s drive away. We stayed at the Alaska which is a very new hotel on the site of an older camp just off the seafront. This is a very nice value place to stay. I shared with a friend and our room had a double and a single bed with aircon and an ensuite with a great shower. It was also very clean and tastefully decorated. We had ample space for all our stuff as there was a big built in wardrobe as well. The staff here are great and very helpful. There is a nice seating area with satellite TV. There is no pool but you don’t really need one as the sea is so close. From a safety perspective there is someone there 24 hours so it also feels very safe. I would definitely recommend Dahab & Alaska for a nice chilled relaxing holiday."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of July 2008

A great place to end our trip!

Reviewed Wed 8th of July 2009

"After a hectic trip through Jordon and Israel, we decided to spend our last 4 days in Dahab diving and relaxing. Couldn't have asked for a better place to do this than Alaska Hotel.

Rooms were very clean with hot, fresh water showers. (heard from other people we met that many of the hotels have salty water). Staff were very helpful and arranged a bedouin dinner for us one evening and made suggestions on good restaurants in town. They don't have a dive centre yet but the one they recommended was excellent.

The cushioned seating area is great and they had a fire going in the evenings. Spent a lot of time just sitting around and talking to other people staying there.

Only thing I would comment on is that it was 2 days before we realised we should have requested towels as they are not provided as standard. Not really something to complain about though.

Will be heading back to Dahab in the near future and would definitely stay at Alaska Hotel again. Excellent!"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of July 2009

Hotels near Alaska Camp & Hotel

Stayed at Alaska Camp & Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Alaska Camp & Hotel

• whatsmyname by whatsmyname

"3 pools for snorkelling. Sea Bride for an excellent seafood meal. "

Alaska Camp & Hotel is also called