Wake UP Cairo Hostel

33 A Ramsis st., Marouf Tower, 7th floor, Cairo 11511 Egypt

Good

One of the worst travel experiences ever

"This hostel was very deceptive in their advertising. They advertise a FREE tour to Giza Pyramids with three nights stay, but only the transportation is free which they did not tell us until we arrived at the Pyramids with only 25 Egyptian pounds. Also, they took us to someone who would give us a tour on horse who lied to us and charged us 120 more they they said without us knowing. They were unwilling to work the situation out at all and I would never come back here. Definitely my worst travel experience to date."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of June 2009

my home away from home in cairo.....fantastic place!

"I stayed at wake up cairo in April for one night and two days. I originally just booked the accomodation and after contacting the very helpful and professional staff of wake up,they also booked a 3 night nile cruise ( queen of hansa,fantastic boat) , pick up from the airport at 0545 a, train ticket to luxor,bus ticket to hurghada, and all other transfers in cairo, luxor,aswan etc.
We were allowed access to our room as early as 7am, which was such a blessing. The staff was very helpful and pleasant, with directions, advice etc.Peter, Mustapha and Ehab. We were taken to the train station by one of their guides and he waited with us for the train and made sure we got to the right seats.

We left the hostel at about 7pm and had full use of the room,common room and internet etc. Great Hostel, nice rooms , cosy common room,internet,tv, real value for money all round. Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of May 2009

Wake Up Cairo's kind and helpful employees really take this hostel from good to GREAT!

"This hostel's employees are what differentiates this hostel from others. They truly make your stay a wonderful one. They talk to you, tell jokes, give you great travel advice, book trips for you, and even walk you to restaurants! Ehab taught me how to play Egyptian backgammon! They also are very kind and try really hard to make your stay easy and fun. At one point, we had a financial misunderstanding about the cost of a trip they booked for us, and they were prepared to reimburse us to make up for the mistake! Now thats quality business. The hostel itself is nice. The rooms are air conditioned, and the showers work fine. The free morning breakfast is also satisfactory. The "hang out room" complete with satellite TV creates a very cozy environment and is conducive to meeting other travelers. I definitely and highly recommend this hostel to one and all!"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of May 2009

Wonderful service

"To make this really short...I don't think we would have survived in Cairo without the people working there. They arranged our train tickets, taxi's, money...everything!
They were very very helpful.
The rooms were clean, we had a good breakfast and th location of the hostel was great (next to the nile and the museum)."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of February 2009

Hotels near Wake UP Cairo Hostel

Stayed at Wake UP Cairo Hostel? Share your insight.

Wake UP Cairo Hostel is also called