Swiss Inn Nile Hotel

110, El Bahr El Aazem Street Corniche El Nile, Giza 21017 Egypt

Good

bad hotel, bad location, Trauma!!

"My husband and I stayed in swiss inn hotel for a week, 28 decmber - 4 junuary. We expected a 4 stars hotel, but we found 2-3 stars hotel.. not even a hostel!!
we had breakfast, no vareity of food, no "normal" coffee no fresh juice at all. .. no clean cups.. no clean dishes.. disgusting
This hotel is not really "clean".. when we were told it's a new hotel, we were really in shock!
by the way they don't have double beds.. only single.. even so the beds were not comfortable.. we couldn't have a normal shower...no lobby to sit in.. noisy rooms.. noisy traffic....
I hated the vacation.........."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of March 2009

Fine for One Night

"The Swiss Inn is fine for a night -- it is not convenient to anything, but the rooms were clean enough. I did not check out the pool or roof top restaurant as we arrived late and went out for dinner (by cab - 45 minutes at least to Islamic Cairo). I was annoyed that the rates charged for local phone calls were 50% higher than listed on the card in the room & the rates for internet access are insane ($10 a hour)."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of February 2009

Good hotel with Bad management

"The inside environment of the hotel is nice.But the service is not upto the mark.Even you will have to ask for a specific service may be fourth time at the reception.Everytime they will smile and will say to comply with in a minutes but later they forget.The breakfast is awful and boring.Same everyday.There is no toaster and if you ask for to toast your bread,they will take so much time to do it,by that time you will finish your breakfast.Same with the egg omelette.The kitchen is too slow. The authority acts miserly.They don't know the hotel management.They show the attitude as if we are living there with ttheir grace and money.
The internet speed is very slow and they are charging high rate,probably highest rate in Cairo.Limousine service is expensive,all the time they try to grab some more money from you and they negotiate too much.Outside environment is horrible. The smell and the gathering of Cow,goat and horse are all around the hotel.Once you step out side of the hotel, you put yourself in trouble.Heavey speedy traffic will not allow you to cross the road.The Egyptians attitude is very negative in this respect.They will never give you a way to cross the road even if you are with the children."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of January 2009

Lovely Hotel, Bad Location

Good

"A friend and I stayed at this hotel as part of a tour.

Pros: The hotel itself is lovely. Clean, lovely foyer and the funkiest roof top pool area that I have ever seen with amazing views of Cairo. The staff were friendly, helpful and extremely good natured.

Cons: Its in the middle of nowhere and is a bad location for anything apart from the Pharonic Village. There are no other attractions, restaurants or things of interest in the area around the hotel.

Its a good place to stay for big groups that you can get taxis into downtown or to tourist spots."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of November 2008

home away from home

"Swiss Inn was merely a pit stop after taking a train from Luxor to Cairo. i must say that i was taken aback with the hospitality and warmth of the entire place. Staff were friendly and efficient and my stay though short was a pleasant experience.

To all at the Swiss Inn hotel i thank you for making my last few
hours in Cairo a memorable experience.

thanking you ,

Nadia"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of October 2008

Great views, nice staff, dreadfull, position.

"This is a new hotel and as such is still clean inside and out, however it is very basic ,especially for a so called 4 stars ,and is in an awfull area with absolutely nothing for the tourist except this hotel and that's not saying much as all it has is the most basic coffee shop on the ground floor and a dinning room/restuaraunt with the same menu day and night. The menu was alright as far as it went although limited. They did a nice tomato sauce with pasta and the chef sandwich was good. My husband got ill and we had to spend one day in our room, we ordered room service and found it quick and effiecient - quite a surprise for Egypt.

We stayed there for a week in Feb. this year ( 08 ). Initially we were very disapointed on arrival as we found the room basic in the extreme, it did have a good sized bathroom ( clean ) with plenty of hot water but not a lot else, however the staff were extremely helpfull, and efficient by Egyptian standards ,and dealt with our complaints with a smile and good grace. First thing in the morning the cleaners knocked on our door and asked if all was okay, when I moaned and told them we had no hangers in the wardrobe and not even one chair to sit in the room or balcony we had a dozen hangers and two chairs within minutes. My husband complained that we had booked a double room and were given a twin so they offered to change the beds to a kingsize but we decided to leave things as they were. We were offered a better room but felt it was expensive for the type of hotel so turned it down and made do with the basic.

The breakfast is buffet style and though it looked substantial at first glance I found it to be limited on choice, o.k. if you like bread or croissaunts, but, once again when I moaned I was offered an ommelette which I accepted. I was then offered this choice every day which I did not take up as I like a change but I appreciated the offer all the same. We found the waiting staff especially the female 'Captain' and the manager to be very pleasant, friendly and helpful.

On the down side, the area of this hotel is awful. On a very, very busy 4 lane road with traffic whizzing past at about 60 miles an hour and there is no pavement on the hotel side so you are walking on the fringes of the traffic as soon as you step outside. It is NOT a tourist area and there is absolutely nothing for tourists around so taxis to town are a must . There is nothing to do in the evenings and the area is not even suitable for an evening stroll with the dreadful dusty road and traffic. There are also people selling sheep and goats (for the pot) a couple of hundred feet away so it can be smelly and unpleasant too. However, the top floors, 6th floor and above, at the front have stunning views over the river and across Cairo to the Citadel. We were on the 9th floor so that was a plus. The upper back rooms have views to the Pyramids but also over the back streets of the area and I would not recommend that view to anyone.

The hotel does have a rooftop terrace and bar with panoramic views all round but it was not open yet when we were there but may provide some entertainment when open.

All in all I found this hotel a bit of a mixed bag. The area and facilities were distinctly lacking but all the staff we came in contact with were lovely, polite, friendly and helpful. My husband was not too impressed with the desk staff but everyone else was fine and they all spoke English- even the cleaners. There was a safe in the room but we did not use it as I was not sure about some of the other guests!!! We had a broblem with the lock on our door one day when it jammed and would not lock, however the cleaners were about and immediately came to our assistance assuring us it was safe to go out, they would get it seen to straight away and "not to worry it will be okay" and it was.

I think, mainly due to the staff and the good service they gave us, that if this hotel was in a better area and closer to the town and attractions then we would consider going there again ( in one of the better rooms ) but not as it is."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of April 2008

Hotels near Swiss Inn Nile Hotel

Stayed at Swiss Inn Nile Hotel? Share your insight.

Swiss Inn Nile Hotel is also called