Safir Hotel Cairo

El Missaha Square, Giza 11211 Egypt

Suprising hotel

Good

"We arrived November 22th and stayed four nights. This hotel is under big renovations. The corner facing El Misaha Square looks like a construction site. But when you enter the lobby, it is quite different. Spacious and nice lobby. The room was large and clean. The restaurant had a good variety of food. It was fresh and well kept. Housekeeping service was good too. Nice stay!"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of December 2008

A good hotel

Good

"The Safir is a very nice hotel for the price. It is out of the town center so you will need to travel to the Antiquities Museum, etc.

However it has been completely renovated, everything is sparkling, clean and new.

The food was excellent in the sushi restarant and the breakfast buffet was great."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of November 2008

Best thing in my trip

"I have stayed for 6 nights in safir cairo hotel during my business trip to Egypt. Room size is (32m2) with balcony, it was very clean with nice and new decoration, Hotel location is not far from nile river (10 minuts walking) and you can find Macdonalds+pizza hut+internet coffe shop within 50 meters form hotel. The hotel coffe shop is in the Mezzanine floor, where the delicious(oriental and american) breakfast were served. Hotel have also swimming pool, Health club, meeting rooms and bank. In general the hotel deserve at least 4 stars rate in my opinion."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of November 2008

A good quality hotel

"A good standard hotel with excellent breakfast, internet is overpriced at 155 egy pounds for 1 hr, I used a internet cafe close by nearly opposite pizza hut 1 hr 4 egy pounds. 1 min walk to Macdonalds and Pizza Hut, supermarket (2), 5mins to 10 mins walk. Still some construction going on but no noise to affect your stay. Location is in a reasonable suburb of residential Cairo."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of October 2008

Very good city hotel

Good

"We used the Safir hotel as base for visiting the city. The hotel is very well situated, providing easy access to most of the Cairo attractions.

The rooms are very spacious and confortable. Good breakfast; didn't tried any dining options.

Staff helpful."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of September 2008

great service

"We arrived to the hotel at 7 am and we checked in very quickly. The breakfast buffet, which was offered in the hotel ballroom (I think) was good. A good variety with a crepe-station and egg-station. The only thing was that throughout my stay the breakfast buffet did not change one bit. Breakfast stayed till 11 – 11:15, which was a plus for us, as we could not wake up before 10:30.

Room service was fast, efficient and reasonably priced. We would order at anytime throughout the day or night (3:30 am) and would receive our order within 15 min max. Housekeeping kept everything in order and would supply was with as many towels as we want, and when asked for an iron we got one immediately. We also sent stuff for pressing and needed them for the same night; we got them within 4 hours.

The lobby was recently renovated, and it was fine, nothing over the top just a standard lobby. The rooms are nicely done and standard, with a little balcony. Comfortable and clean beds and pillows. They provide a safe and a lot of electricity outlets which was useful to charge many things all at once and still be able to use the hairdryer. Bathroom was standard. I didn’t use any of the toiletries except soap so can not comment about them. The corridor leading to the rooms honestly scared me, they seemed from another era, it seems they didn’t get renovated with the rooms and lobby. But once I got into my room I was relieved. There are still renovations going on at the other side of the hotel, not sure how noisy that will get during the day but in my room I didn’t hear or feel anything at all.

Location of the hotel was fine, in a safe area. The view of my room (524) was that of a pool (which I guess was closed, no sun beds or anything else) and of really close buildings. You need to make sure to have your curtains properly closed or all of your local neighbors will be able to see into your room.

Check out was easy and fast.

As a summary, I recommend this hotel for a comfortable and clean stay, but not a luxurious stay."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of April 2008

A 3starer group tourist Hotel

"Let me tell all of you first this is definitely not a 5 star Hotel.Our travel agent sold us this deal as 5 star, and I will rate this place as 3+star only.
With my family I stayed at Safir for 4 nights and my experience is kind of a mixed bag!
With an expectation of 5 star when we have arrived to the Hotel it was a big let down! Small dingy lobby(If at all you call that 20x15ft place as lobby!!!)Smokey and every one smoking there heart out as if there is no tomorrow!,I mean even the front desk staffs were puffing.
Checking in is a fiasco, they are so slow and inept that instead of entering the Passport detail then and there they asked us to deposite our Passport over the front desk so that they can make the entry peacefully probably after having 5 more smokes!!
The Hotel is going through a rennovation,hence for breakfast you have to come out of the Hotel and walk for couple of minutes to re enter another building to have your Breakfast!
Absolutely disgusting.
Well, the breakfast was good but after 2 days it was monotonous as they do not change their Menu that often.
Rooms were clean and fairly large,no issue there,service was OK.
We tried a meal at one of there Resturants (I forgot the name,it is in 1st floor)It was just passable,nothing great.
The Hotel per say is not bad but when sold as 5 starer you feel cheated!Basically this Hotel cater to huge group tourists,hence their style and functioning are atuned to that only !
During our stay we had seen a group of India and Korea.
They can be noisy and very loud!
Location is good,a Mac and a Pizza Hut arround,situated in a quiet(Cairo standard) residential area.
The property definitely lacks class and finesse of a high end Hotel"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of March 2008

Overpriced average hotel with poor service

"Originally sold to us as a five star hotel, this run-down has-been is in fact a local business hotel that also caters for tourists. The bar prices are top dollar and the entertainment was pretty dreadful - the same egyptian singer every day - gets pretty monotonous..

It is in the process of renovation that affects all floors, with the centre of the building being rebuilt. Although the room itself was OK, all floors are dirty from the building work and stink of bonfires and diesel. The dinning room is 80 meters down the street past the building site, and the food is definately average to poor - be careful with the buffet!!!

We were booked in for a total of 5 nights, 3 at the begining of a tour of Egypt, and 2 at the end. We moved to the Nile Hilton after day 2."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of January 2008

Safir good, but a building site

"The Safir hotel Cairo is presently a building site, and will be through 2008, i have enclosed pictures to prove this.
Between 9am and 5pm you will only hear bang bang.
Do not take anything out of the mini bar in your room, as the mark up is 500% on each item.
Ask the hotel the price of a taxi fare before you take a taxi. You will be continually ripped off by these guys, with a smile of course.
On the positive, the breakfast is second to none.
And other than the arrival, i did not have a problem with the staff."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of January 2008

Superb service, good value for money

Good

"We stayed at the Safir several times during our 6 week tour of Egypt. We found the staff to be superb, from front desk to restaurant. Once the front desk even upgraded us to a mini-suite when our requested room had been taken, at no extra charge to us. The wait staff in the restaurant was always gracious, and the head waiter always remembered what our favorite table was, even though we checked in and out several times during the six weeks. The rooms were adequate, although hopefully will be renovated soon--they are in the process of building an addition to the hotel now. Having said that, I always found the rooms to be clean and if anything needed fixing, it was done promptly and well. The location was also good--there's a McDonalds and a new Pizza Hut within a block and a cheap internet cafe within two. Highly recommended; good value for the money."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of April 2006

Hotels near Safir Hotel Cairo

Stayed at Safir Hotel Cairo? Share your insight.

Safir Hotel Cairo is also called