We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Ramses Hilton

Corniche El Nile 1115, Cairo 12344 Egypt

Good

Not bad an excellent price to be a Hilton

"To be honest let's start saying that the price of this Hotel to be a Hilton is a joke. The hotel is average in Egypt it's locations is very good very close to the Cairo Museum a must see in Cairo. Staff as usual in Egypt is not very helpful apart of the big door keeper really nice guy who sort it out our trip to Giza railway station for the sleeping train. So one less taxi you have to think about. Put some adventure in your life cross the road towards the bus station in front of the hotel, keep walking straight on with the river Nile on your right and you will see a big street on your left with some soldiers and a barrier take that street and you are in the museum of Cairo.

Next to the museum is Tahrir square where you have a metro station very handy to get to Khan el-Khalili the bazaar, the Coptic Cairo which definitely deserves a visit, and many others stations which I did not explore. In Tahrir Square at least there are two cyber cafes, one important thing about an square in Cairo is not the same as in Europe, in Cairo when they say square they referred to a spaghetti junction. There are actually works in this area. Check the cyber in the street surrounding this spaghetti junction, close to the museum and the metro station. I emphasis the cyber as in the hotel they will rip you off for just 15 minutes you will pay 40 E£ when the same amount you could even spend the whole afternoon in one of these. Avoid a taxi driver called al fakur or something similar who offers himself as a tour guide for the pyramids.

Just one more thing about the hotel, there is in front a gallery I think called Hilton gallery. There you will find shops for souvenirs and a restaurant of the hotel in the ground floor. Do not waste your time and money in there honestly, there is a Lebanese restaurant in the first floor which is brilliant in price and quality. Apart from this you will only find some local shops and be aware of the prices you pay. Avoid as it has been said here hundreds of times taxis next to the door and just walk a bit and stop one local. There two doors one heading to this gallery and restaurant and the other heading to this bus station or concentration of local buses.

have a nice time in Cairo and in the Hilton if you finally decide to take it."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of October 2007

Not worth 2 stars, would not stay here again

"Hotel was dirty. We stayed 3 nights and had to ask for the room to be serviced each day. Bathroom was dirty even after servicing. Bar fridge in the room was closed with a plastic chain which had been glued in place and I had to break it to get into the fridge. Then the fridge door would not stay shut. Went to breakfast and the waiter showed us to a table with dirty placemats, when asked for clean ones he shook the crumbs onto the floor and went to place the mats back on the table. I objected and asked for clean mats and he turned to the next table and shook off the mats and placed them on our table. The coffee mugs were chipped.

It was difficult to get any rest due to the very loud music coming up from the bar and barbecue area downstairs. I definitely would not stay in this hotel again."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of October 2007

Great oasis for first time visitors to Cairo

"This hotel was booked for us by our travel agent as part of our package, so we didn't know what to expect. The hotel turned out to be great for us. It was very nice, the staff was friendly and helpful. We felt 100% safe with all the security around the hotel. The king sized bed was comfortable, the room large and well appointed. Internet access worked. Our balcony had a great view of the Nile River. Our only problem was on checkout when they tried to charge us for mini-bar items we didn't take, and for 8 box lunches for the two of us one morning, but our contact helped us sort that out with no further issues. The two box lunches we actually did eat were good. We used their laundry service, which was expensive, but very convenient and fast."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2007

Unfriendly

"Was not at all impressed with this hotel-staff was very unfriendly and rather snobby. No safe in room to store valuables when you went to the pool or on day trips,only at reception desk, a real inconvenience. Pool was small and plain. Restaurants were expensive. There was a shopping mall across the street affiliated with the hotel but it was strictly a mall like ours,not a bazaar with interesting items. The Egyptian Museum was within walking distance so you could visit it more than once in a day. Had a bank but they were also unfriendly,did have an ATM too."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of September 2007

Exellent Choice

"The location is excellent and so is the service. All I had to do was call Client Services and anything I needed was taken care of right away. The rooms are large and comfortable but getting a little old, but the view, location and service easily compensate for it. The lobby and lounges are hopping well into the night and the Corniche is alive with people hanging out on the banks of the Nile."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of August 2007

Fantastic Hotel

"We stayed at the Ramses Hilton for 3 days during our 2 week stay in Egypt for our Honeymoon. The hotel was fantastic and the view from our room was something else.

The first night we ate at the Window of the World restaurant and had a table with a view (which be aware there is a LE 120 charge for that) the food was amazing and the view was fantastic.
The lobby can be very busy which can seem alittle daunting but it was fine for us. The second night we ordered room service to our room and that was also fantastic you just couldn't fault any of the food or the service in the hotel.

The Breakfast was good with alot of choice."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of August 2007

Too big and average

"This is a pretty impersonal hotel, and the big rooms don't make up for it. The lobby is always very busy and there don't seem to be many places to relax. Pool area is not very good. The gym is appalling - and they charge extra for you to use it. One to avoid unless you can get an amazing bargain - there are much better choices in Cairo."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2007

A short walk from the Hard Rock Cafe if that's to your liking.

Good

"We stayed at the Ramses Hilton for 2 days and we had a large clean room on the 4th floor. They didn't understand the concept of double beds like most of Egypt but the beds were really comfortable.
We walked to the Hard Rock Cafe which was between the Hyatt and another Hotel. It was about a 15 min walk along the river , Nile of course. There was a reasonable amount of shade along the way which made it pleasant. (I didn't say completely shaded!)
The Hilton has a shopping centre across the road from the hotel with about 6 floors or more of little stores. It was a great place to visit for last minute pressies before heading home.
A block away from the Cairo Museum. In a good spot really.
This was a good place to stay for our last stop in Egypt."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of July 2007

Fantastic Hotel!

"My husband and I just returned from a 3 week vacation in Egypt, amongst other hotels, we stayed 2 nights in Ramses Hilton and have to say that it is a fantastic hotel.

The check in was quick and painless, and we were quickly taken you our 18th floor room. The rooms are spacious, clean and bright, with a nice little balcony.

I know previous reviews mentioned the noise level. I am not sure whether it was because we were on the 18th floor or what, but we were facing the main intersection, and were not really bothered buy it. I mean we did hear some horns etc, but this did not keep us awake at night - it was a very faint sound.

The food at the hotel is amazing. Our buffet style breakfast was included, and we were honestly shocked by the amount, variety and freshness of the food. Also, the service in the restaurant was amazing.

On one night we ordered in room services, and we were very happy with it as well. We had chicken Caesar salad, egg-rolls, pizza and dessert. The price was reasonable and in line with outside restaurants. The food arrived quickly and it was very good - especially the egg-rolls!

And finally the check out was very quick as well. The only problem was that you have to pay with Egyptian pounds for any fees, and if you do not have any you have to exchange it and then come back to reception. I found that a bit silly, since you essentially moved from one window to the next...

Overall, both of us would definitely return to this hotel again, and would recommend it to anybody travelling to Cairo."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of June 2007

Location but what a shame

"I recently stayed 2 nights in this hotel... the location is ideal for this fascinating city of Cairo.

I would not recommend tis hotel for single travelers...all looks so old fashioned and sad...Despite my "frequent stay card" , they gave me a room who looked like the 70's, Ok the view was nice. But the room... what a shame, noisy, I heard the group of 3 young spanish , in their bathroom and waking up at 3.00 am in the morning. Thank's god I brought my sleepers... the carpets are dirty and I'm not speaking about the the sofa ( I pull my bath towels on it , no to see the spots of the fabric...).

This hotel is simply a factory....

For a little extra money choose another place."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of June 2007

We stayed at the Hilton and found it to...

"We stayed at the Hilton and found it to be a superb hotel in every respect. The windows restaurant was terrific and for an authentic night try the Egyptian restaurant.

This is a real 5 star hotel, not a travel companies 5 Ts or crowns or whatever, it is also not a tourist hotel and so there are business men and guests who are not on holiday staying there and using the common lounges etc. Yes, there are many men relaxing and enjoying a smoke on a sheesha pipe but what do you expect in the middle east (no, it is not hashis they smoke but flavoured tobacco). It is a good place to see and meet the real Egyptians albeit the wealthy ones.

Overall, so long as you realise this is a city centre hotel with different types of guests you will be ok. Be aware though that it is the middle of a busy traffic junction so it is best to leave and return by taxi.

• Travel date: Tue 6th of November 2007

I have just read the one and only review...

"I have just read the one and only review on, with reference to the Ramses Hilton Hotel Cairo; is this really the hotel that my husband and I stayed at in May 2006.

We have high living standards and expect the same of any hotel that we use.

We found this hotel to be excellent, well appointed, wonderful views, extremely polite staff and the food was first class, in fact as cynical as we are, particularly my husband, we could not fault it.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2007

Hotels near Ramses Hilton

Stayed at Ramses Hilton? Share your insight.

Ramses Hilton is also called