Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis

Abdel Hamid Badawi Street Extension Heliopolis Area, Cairo 11511 Egypt

Awesome Hotel

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"My daughter and I stayed 1 night at the hotel prior to starting a tour in Cairo. We picked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and weren't disappointed at all! Having missed our connecting flight, we contacted the hotel to change airport pick up time and were excited to see that someone was there to greet us after a long and exhausting trip. We chose this hotel for location (close to the airport and not in the hustle and bustle of Cairo) to give us time to rest up for our tour . The rooms were very nice, as was the bar and restaurant. The pool wasn't open yet but looked very nice! All the staff were very pleasant and made us feel very welcome. Would definitely stay their again.... it was definitely the nicest hotel we stayed at in Egypt!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of June 2010

OK Hotel...but watch the restaurant food though.....

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Radisson Blu Hotel for 2 nights on our final days of our tour.
Check In was fast
The room - Bed was comfortable, had good night sleep.
Bathroom....was nice, but you can see the rushed, shoddy work on the tiling and moldings around the bathtub. Not properly sealed that after a shower, and getting out of the tub, you were stepping into a pool of water. Hold onto the railings when stepping in and out, there is no grip on the bottom of the tub, I had a slip and my back paid the price....also watch your step when exiting the elevator, not completed finished, I tripped a few times...accident waiting to happen there...or I am just accident prone..
I did see a man walking around with a bug spray in his hand and watched him go in and out of a couple of guestrooms.....though there were no bugs spotted in our room.
Pool was not yet OPENED.
Restaurant......very decent for the buffet breakfast, over priced for Lunch...there are a couple of fast food places nearby...buffet for supper.....Watch the food prep on the Chicken dishes. I tried the chicken in a cream sauce and only noticed after a couple of bites that the chicken was not cooked all the way through....
Staff....Front desk was accommodationg, they even have a FREE computer for the guests to use in the main lobby....In the restaurant, the waiters constantly were taking dishes off the table....this is fine, but not when I am eating and I see a hand reach in front of me to take the used packages of butter and it isn't my husbands hand.
Great place to stay when leaving Cairo as it is only 3 km from the airport.
I can recommend this hotel when leaving Cairo...."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of April 2010

Best Hotel in Cairo

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"This is the best hotel in Cairo. I have stayed in many other places before but nothing was like Radisson. Its location is also ideal for buisiness travellers who have business in the New Cairo City. The City Cener Mall is also very close to the Hotel. Exterior, interior and staff of the hotel were all excellent. The only drawback was the noise of the traffic if you stay in a room facing the main street outside the hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of March 2010

one of the best in cairo

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"well my husband is a cardiologist ..they had a conference in other hotel and we decided to go with him with my 2 kids to get out of our daily routine:) just 3 days for changing.the hotel was more than great really.it has the largest room ever as a( normal or ordinary room),,very spacey..has a LCD..very clean and large bathroom,,the furniture is very relaxy u want to sleep all the time:) they had a free wireless connection too
my 3 years old son was playing with the scooter inside the room!!!
room service is excellent we ordered a baby cot and we got it after just 10 minutes..never happened before..min bar is sufficient to enjoy it while watching TV.
the breakfast is amazing,,everything u like it is there,,from oriental to fruits to yoghurt even vegeterian have luck there
i enjoayed so much staying there
but i see this hotel more suitable for business trips or spending ur time in heliopolis as it is very away from city centers sight seeing like pyramids and so on..
u can go shopping in the citystars,,u can go to azhar-park,,near areas
the one thing that is dificient in this hotel..no view at all
but generally it was good stay:)"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of February 2010

What a nice place and also close to the airport

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"One night in Cairo and where to stay?.
That was my thing to do in mid February.
Arrived on Lufthansa from Frankfurt, delayed as usual, so it seems.
Unbelievable, no taxi rank at terminal 3.
Some annoying fare agreements later, a old man shuttled me with his also old and smelly Peugeot to the hotel. Not that far to go from the airport.
I dont remember the fare, but it was definitely to much.
A pre-arranged transfer is a must here at CAI.
The hotel is opened only some three months ago.
Level 0 to 4 fixed, everything above construction site till level 9, but no worries, I had no problem during my stay.
Staff was very friendly and welcoming during check-in without a minute to wait,
also the baggage boy nice and friendly.
The rooftop pool isnt open till now.
The room large and spacious, well designed, the bathroom fitted with the also welcomed bathtub.
Hot water enough for me, the bed really comfortable.
Not much action during my night there, only some very few people at the bar.
No noise from the outside or the rooms nearby at night, had a good sleep there.
Breakfast was buffet style, much more on offer than I really need in the morning, open from 5.30 am, perfect to use you´re day from the beginning, or an early flight out of CAI.
Also no problems during check-out and no time to wait again.
The hotel managed a transfer for me back to the airport the next day, much better than by taxi.
So over all a real recommendable place to stay in Cairo."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of February 2010

The Best Place I Stayed in Egypt.

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"I stayed at the Radisson Blu on the last night of my journey through Egypt, and it was absolutely phenomenal. I stayed during their "soft opening" phase, so things can be different now, but everything was perfect when I was there. Check in was painless and the room was very nice, and one of the most spacious I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping in. The tv audio pipes into the bathroom, and it was pleasant being able to listen to CNN or music while getting ready to go outside.

I ate the restaurant MIX, which I thought was very good food at an insanely great price. Try the lentil soup, which was some of the best I had in my Egyptian travels.

The thing that puts this hotel above and beyond an others in Egypt is the staff. They were all so warm, welcoming, and accommodating. I was very much used to having to pay to use the internet at other hostels and hotels, and imagine to my absolute joy Radisson Blu simply pointed me to a computer at the front and said to take me time, providing me pen and paper. I got to print out my boarding pass for the airport and have piece of mind for the next day, and it was all for free. If the staff is reading this, bravo, y'all are amazing."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of February 2010

Great hotel

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"We stayed at this hotel for three nights in february. It was an excellent hotel experience from check in to check out.
The lobby is spacious and elegant and the guest rooms are delicately decorated.
Heliopolis, were the hotel is situated, is a nice area situated convieniently close to the airport, and about 30 minutes from the down town area. This is not a problem, while the taxis are cheap (about 40EGP), and you experience the interesting traffic and surroundings of Cairo.

The staff were very kind, smiling and always helpful, in all departments. In the restaurant we were introduced to egyptian beer and wine by very serviceminded employees. And at the front desk we got excellent recommendations for citytours and things to do.
And the city of Cairo is more than the pyramids, even though they really are magnificant and majestic. We visited them both by daytime and nighttime.
Khan el Kalili souk is well worth a visit, and dinner on the Nile can be recommended highly. While in Cairo the egyptian museum is a must see, and coptic cairo is also interesting.

Situated on the roof of the hotel we got a preview of the swimmingpool and sundeck area, which is about to open shortly. With generally warm weather conditions in the city, it's nice to have the possibility to relax by the pool for some hours.

At the end, don't pay too much for the 10 minute taxiride from the airport to the hotel.
Thanks to the staff for making the stay very pleasant, especially Mr. Zakaria at the front desk."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of February 2010

Surprising gem in Heliopolis

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"I was completely unprepared for how nice the Radisson Blu was. I've stayed in a couple other hotels in Cairo and this is a GREAT value for the money. Check in was a breeze, the porters were all extremely friendly and helpful. The lobby is clean, modern and upscale, not what I'm used to from Radissons back in the states. The room is very modern and tasteful - i actually have a double bed AND a twin in my room, which was unexpected. The beds are comfortable, and the bathrooms are small, but modern with granite tops and a glass shower door - not what I expected at all for $100 a night.

I was looking for a basic clean place to crash for the night before heading back home but this far exceeded any expectations I had for the price.

Only drawback is the proximity to the city. I've stayed in the middle of Cairo before so I wasn't looking for a hotel close to the hustle and bustle. If you're willing to take a taxi ride into the heart of it all (and honestly, you'll have to anyways to see Giza and the sights), this is definitely a great place to stay.

oh and FREE wireless in the rooms! can't beat that! other hotels were charging $6-10 an hour!"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of January 2010

Better than the Great Expectations I've had!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"Even though the hotel had its own disadvantages, like being far from the city center, it has all what you need around it. There is an exchange office right behind it. It is on the main road, and once you take a taxi once or twice you can easily direct the driver to the correct location not even knowing Arabic. The staff of the hotel are exceptionally welcoming and they make sure you don't face any inconvenience while your stay. Rooms are clean, and all the facilities that are advertised are available! Comparing the price per night against the value you receive, this hotel is a dream come true!!! Thank you Radisson Blu staff members for making my stay incredible!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of December 2009

Awesome Service - more than worth the money

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"I stayed in Radisson Blu hotel on November 24 2009. I did not want to stay at the Sheraton but wanted something close to the airport and still accessible to the city. The hotel exterior was impressive and i was impressed by the contemporary design of the hotel rooms and lobby. The services was excellent and better than what i received in the Sheraton. The room was really large and contemporary and free Wifi access for guests. Any problem i had was fixed immediately by the staff. Lobby service was excellent checking in and checking out. I travel alot for business and pleasure and will definitely use this hotel when back in Cairo. Thank you to the night manager and staff on 24th Nov 2009 for the excellent service."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of November 2009

Hotels near Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis

Stayed at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis? Share your insight.

Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis is also called