Pyramisa Suites Hotel Cairo

60 Giza Street Ad Duqqī, Giza 11511 Egypt

Good

Great Place

"This was a large hotel just a bridge away from the rest of busy cairo. its very close to the shereton. Although we arrived at 2.00am and reception could not find our booking we were treated very well the staff were polite and compitent when after two hours still nothing could be found we were given a junior two bedroom suite ( we had only booked two seperate rooms ) and told to go and rest and things could be sorted in the morning. When the booking was found we were not asked to move we were asked if we would like to stay or move ofcourse we stayed! breakfast was good selection but we did not visit any restarunts within the hotel rooms were clean and tidy 3* standard.
I would stay again."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of December 2008

What a dump!

"Our travel agent booked us this hotel as it was the only hotel and he assured us it was a 5-Star hotel. It is rated a 5-star hotel - for Cairo. Anywhere else in the world this would be a 2 star hotel. When I requested a non-smoking room the person at the front desk said all the rooms were non-smoking. All we had to do is not use the ashtrays that were in the room.

Our room was one of the worst rooms I have ever stayed in my entire life (and this includes hostels). The bathrooms were disgusting. There were hairs from previous guests still in the shower. The shower was coated with hard water deposits. There was grunge everywhere.

As well, there were stains on the walls, broken mirrors, a fridge from the 50's that wouldn't shut, wiring from the 40's, rust on anything metal, the sofa and chairs had ripped seems, there were no blinds on the windows (only a thin drape that let light through), and it stunk of cigarette smoke.

Not only was our room bad, but the food we had at the restaurant was just as bad. I ordered fettucini alfredo. It was so bad I couldn't take more that one bite. The sauce was disgusting. I would have preferred if they would have served me plain noodles. My wife ordered a club sandwich. Trying to avoid dysentery, she ordered it without lettuce or tomatoes. When it came it had both. When we requested that they make a new one they were going to charge us for the new one.

The only thing that the hotel had going for it was the breakfast buffet. It was good but not up to the 5-star standard that I have seen at other 5-star hotels."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of December 2008

I had fun and nice time

"I travet frequently to Cairo, but this was my first stay at Pyramisa Cairo Hotel and Casino. I really enjoyed my stay, the hotel has nice central location, offers variety of foods, and provides good value for money. For sure I will stay again at Pyramisa Cairo Hotel and Casino, and recommand it to my family members and friends."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of August 2008

Not Really A 5 Star Rating

"The Hotel is situated close to the shops. I had my son with me. The hotel does not have a lot of facilities for children apart from Two pools and a games room which charged 50 egyptian pounds for half an hour to use the pool table!! Very expensive. It has shops within the hotel and has restuarants in the hotel the food was ok. I was not pleased because I had to pay for a shower that was already broken and it cost me 400 egyptian pounds. To use the internet it cost 50 egyptian pounds for half an hour. The staff were helpful by the pool and house keeping only."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of August 2008

a good city hotel

"Having read other reviews I can understand why people seem to love or hate this hotel.

It is advertised as a 5* but would support views that it does not quite live up to this billing.

The reception/ground floor area is fine with improvements going on should make this even better (5*)

The restaurants (main for breakfast), the Egptian and Italian where we had evening meals were good quality with friendly staff good food that was relatively well priced (4*)

Rooms (overall 3*)
(1) we had a deluxe double Nile (just about) view. The living area and bedrooms were ok

(2) bath room ceilng was untidy (metal slats going rusty - mentioned in other reviews) - poor

(3) loose fixtures and fittings in bathroom - poor

(4) Nile view rooms are very noisy as they overlook the main rain with cars pipping their horns all night long - poor

(5) - be careful if you have young children - the windows quite large open and this could present a risk - very poor.

Overall if the hotel fits your budget then stay here. if you manage your expectations ( ie believe it is a very good 3*/4* you will find the hotel is acceptable."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

Terrible place to be !!!!!!!!!

"ROOMS: bath had obviously not ben cleaned: eye-drops and soap of last guest still standing around, black dust in bidet, climatisation not working, mini-bar empty and not working, towels missing every two days, you cannot close windows, neither the curtains - so that room stays lightish even if you want to sleep, new room offered only after two day and at least ten complaints about desastrous conditions to most different people from personel. Room-service makes noise in corridors from 7am and knocks at your door as of 8.30am to make your room
RESTAURANTS: some close long before publicly announced opening hours, waiters are bored and always disturb you while you are in conversations. Remove your plate when you are still eating..."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of July 2008

Beware!

"Arrived in Cairo at 11.30 - plane was delayed in Vienna. got into hotel at 1.30 a.m. Fridge empty - not even a bottle of water! Breakfast excellent. we had a package deal with b/fast and dinner included. had dinner in the hotel only once - terrible food. service at front desk was outrageously inefficient. we would arrive back to the hotel laden with packages. bell boys and door men would not even open the door for us! One of the most unfriendly hotel staff I have ever seen."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of July 2008

Very happy with our stay at the Pyramisa

"I was a bit apprehensive about staying here because of the negative reviews, but my worries were unfounded. Yes, the hotel is older, but it was very clean and the staff was truly amazing. We had a great experience here and would definitely stay again. We started and ended our trip in Cairo and both times we were upgraded to a suite. I know this hotel has been rated a 5*, but that is definitely not the case by American standards. If that is what you are looking for then don't stay here. If you are looking for clean accomodations, with a great staff at a great price then I encourage you to give them a try."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of July 2008

Pyramisa's Shamel is the Star of Egypt

"My husband and I recently stayed at Pyramisa Hotel Cairo for 8 days in May, 2008. There were 17 other family members staying at the hotel during this time plus two in the nearby Sheraton only because the hotel had no more vacancy. We came from New York, London, Turkey, Jordan, Malaysia, Singapore, Brisbane and Sydney for a family reunion and to attend to private family matters.

Shamel, a hotel employee, was our driver for most of our daily trips. Not only was he a skilled driver and knowledgable guide, he was dependable, professional and a very charming and personable man. He is also very attentive and anticipates our needs, takes his own initiative and is sincerely interested in keeping us content. We were treated like royalty.

If that were the only feedback about Shamel, it would have been more than exemplary. But Shamel went one step further. I had lost my U.S. passport. There were three possible places -- my hotel room, the restaurant or the car I was in going to the restaurant. I have no idea what Shamel had to do to find this document but he took immediate action on his own and was successful in retrieving my passport from the restaurant staff. I know that this very valuable document must have gone through many hands before it got into his. Only someone with Shamel's integrity, compassion, honor and generosity would have been able to pull this off. Not only was this passport critical to an official business meeting I was attending as a foreigner but it was even more important as I was a first-time visitor to your country.

I have lived and worked in the United States for 27 years and been an American citizen for 20 years. I have worked for the Westchester County government for 25 years. As an Arab American and a former Singaporean with naturalized U.S. citizenship, making her first visit to an Arab country in the post Sept 11 world, my loyalty to the United States might have been under suspicion and my life back in the United States might never be the same again if my passport had never been found.
Shamel has saved me from all that.

Shamel is an outstanding representative not only of the hotel, but a shining star of all Cairo and Egypt. I have informed the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, the Egyptiam Embassy in New York and the Egyptian Embassy in Washington, D.C. of Shamel's outstanding qualities and his heroic act in this matter."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of May 2008

Okay, but not a 5* hotel by European standards

"I was warned by our travel agent that hotel standards in Egypt are generally lower than in Europe. So I didn't expect too much and I was not really disappointed.

Our first impression was positive, as the Lobby is quite nice. There are few restaurants in the hotel itself. We tried the breakfast (okay, good choice) and the Egyptian specialties restaurant (very good, inexpensive by European standards).
The staff was helpful and friendly, but don't forget to tip (especially tipping the chambermaid on the first day of your stay can prove advantageous, at least it worked for us).

The room was okay, a little bit run-down, but quite clean. But the standard is rather 3*.

The hotel is in easy walking distance from the nile (about 5 min). We went there in the evenings and felt quite safe.

There is also a small casino with roulette tables, poker (seemed to be an Egyptian version) and some gaming machines."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of April 2008

hi , I dont know if anyone will ever rea...

"hi , I dont know if anyone will ever read this but i just had the worst hotel experience i have ever had in a 5 star hotel.... i have been around the world and Iusually stay at 5 stars but i did not know the standard of 5 stars in cairo is so low .... The Hotel from the beginning was bad .... i was given a room facing some crappy alley .... to top that as soon as i tried to flush off the water in the tub all kinds of **** started coming off the toilet seat .... i had to wait for an hour before help arrived... the staff has very limited knowledge of english except for the people at the reception inspite of being a 5 star ... the most disgusting thing was they dont serve u free water in the room .. the minibar was always empty ... on asking for water they tell u that the the water from the tap in the toilet is drinkable and thats what the egyptians drink... on asking for packaged drinking water they sell it to you for 30 E.P when the same is being sold for E.P 2.5 at the vendor across the street .... when i wanted to go to a particular place and asked for directions i was asked to buy a taxi ride from the guy at the help desk and they refused to let out the directions and instead forced me to buy the taxi ride for 30 times the real price outside.... the swimming pool was as cold as ice ... u have to pay for using the steam sauna facilities and the healthclub is in the building next door so u finish with your cardio in walking from ur room to the gym .... i would only recommend this place to enemies and if u still decide to stay here... all the best"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of April 2008

This was out second trip back to Egypt....

Good

"This was out second trip back to Egypt. We had never been all inclusive before and were very pleased with this package. The hotel itself was warm and welcoming despite its huge appearance.

It was spotlessly clean and the staff were excellent. We did not have our children on this holiday with us but we did note that even though there was a kids club the activities were not geared up for 8 years plus. The hotel had a lot of English guests with a sprinkling of Russian and no Italians as they were advised to go home because of the bombing at a near by Hotel. The food was of a good standard with lots of variety and there was lots of it without pushing and shoving.

I unfortunately had a miscarriage on holiday and the staff were sympathetic and did all they could to make our stay a happier one. The only worry was that the hospital (if that is what you could call it) was only open form 7-11 am then again 7 till midnight, so if you were ill in-between those times you had to rely on your rep to do all they could to get you seen!

Despite everything we had a wonderful time and would go back there again. another drawback to this hotel was that you had to set your alarm at 6.15am to get a sunbed around the pool!

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

Hotels near Pyramisa Suites Hotel Cairo

Stayed at Pyramisa Suites Hotel Cairo? Share your insight.

Pyramisa Suites Hotel Cairo is also called