Pyramids Park Resort

Cairo-Alexandria Desert Road Km 2.5 Pyramids, Giza 12411 Egypt

Good

Dirty and filthy and the hygiene level is extremely poor and you will fall ill

Reviewed 2 months ago

"When I entered my room, there were a number of things I spotted that made me feel at unease. Please don’t be fooled by the pictures, the room is dusty and the furnitures is old. The room was not cleaned properly so I refused my children to touch anything around the room. The bathroom was old and dirty and literally made me feel dirty washing in there. The shower curtain and the room curtains were unwashed with dust on them. The reception staff have no customer service skills and the WiFi is very limited and only in the lobby area. You are constantly harassed by the staff For tips. I was constantly harassed for excursions and they quoted ridiculous prices, and if that wasn’t bad they even told me how much it would cost me in sterling. They are extremely pushy and just won’t take a no for an answer, this extended to outside the hotel. I got so fed up to the point I didn’t leave the hotel in the end. The dining area is ok but the food is very tasteless and didn’t look too good . Please note that hygiene care is non existence in this hotel hence the reason I came back with food poisoning which had lasted 10 days. This hotel is like 3* and there is nothing I can say about this resort that was good. There is nothing to do just one big swimming pool and your stuck in a place where everything can only be access by taxi . I am pleading to people with children please don’t stay at this hotel as this was the worse holiday I have ever had and I will never recommend this country to anyone."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2018

None too bad

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Having read some of the previous reviews, I was a little apprehensive about our 3 night stay here. However, in general the hotel was pretty good.

The pool is lovely - warm, big and deep enough to dive into.

Our room was a good size and clean, although the bathroom ceiling had seen better days.

Breakfast was pretty poor - the dining room is more like a school dinner hall and the food is uninspiring.

We also ate at the pool bar which was ok and the Terraza Italian restaurant which was good."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

Ok I Suppose

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"We were slightly woried about staying at the intercontinental in giza after reading some of the reviews, so we went there thinking the worse,

It was not cleanest hotel we stayed at during our tour of Egypt the buffet resturant was a bit on the grubby side and the bathroom was in need of a major face lift, as well as the rest of the hotel (probably ok in the 1980's).

Overall its fine for a stop over, wouldn't stay for more than a couple of days.

On the plus side the italian restaurant was a little gem good food and good service. And the pool was good"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of September 2006

again and again

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"This was my second visit to the hotel for one night in the sun , i have checked in first in oberoi but my wife did not like it as it looked very old , we checked out and went again to the pyyramids park still the hotel is nice and adequate , the food is getting worse even in the pool side , breakfast is very poor , dinner is poorer and set menu on the pool is a disaster . Rooms are ok and pool is excellent while parking for free , check in and out staff are slow .

if u live in Egypt get a day use better"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

Better than expected.

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Intercontinental for 8 days in September of 2005. After staying at the Conrad in Cairo in 2004 I knew by the pricing that the Inter was in the bargin basement department, but we wanted a place close to the pyramids. We were surprised that the Inter was as clean as could be in the lobby, pool area and the rooms.
We noticed that the clientel was mostly the older generation or family affairs and not the noisy teen crowd.
We stayed in room 464 in the back and was pleased with how quiet it was. The hotel has a HUGE pool with a poolside eatery and the pool closes at 8 pm so folks can get some sleep.
Several restaurants on-site offer a large selection of casual or fine dining. Try the outdoor Italian cafe. The lasagne is wonderful!
But we don't go to Egypt for the food, do we? We go to see the sights!!!
Let the staff find you a taxi to the pyramids as they're only a couple of miles away and walking there is a traffic nightmare. Millions of cars, scooters and donkey carts are everywhere! And the taxi ride is only about four US dollars. That's a deal.
We plan on a return trip to Egypt in 2007 and the Intercontinental is where we're staying. See you there!"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of July 2006

Don't stay here

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"I stayed here with my husband for three nights in April 2006. We found the public areas very dirty and in need of attention. No members of staff spoke to us unless we spoke to them first. Breakfast was held in a temporary room and smelled attrocious. The table linen and chair covers were dirty. Although our room was fine, there was a used breakfast tray outside one of the rooms for the entire duration of our stay.

We would not be able to recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of May 2006

Very satisfactory

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"No complaints about this hotel, it seems to be one of the better ones in the Cairo area. It is in Giza near the pyramids (there is a second group of reviews on this site under Giza instead of Cairo). The journey into town takes about half an hour, but we preferred to be away from the noise, smells and hassle of Cairo City Centre.

The Pyramids are close but not walkable. A shuttle bus from the hotel to the Egyptian Museum in town is free, but leaves only at 10am and 6pm, returning at 1pm and 8pm. If you take a taxi from the hotel you will be strongly pushed to keep the taxi with you all day - annoying that they are so aggressively commecial, but financially it's not necessarily a bad decision.

I have seen references to high prices in Egypt on some websites - this is only the case when you are drinking wine. We had lunch, dinner and drinks at the hotel for 3 days and it cost us about 1000 Eqyptian Pounds.

The room was great, the restaurants fine and the pool seemed excellent. The only thing that spoiled the pool a bit was the constant smells of food that wafted over, and the sun loungers are all a bit close together.

We would highly recommend a faluca ride on the Nile (we used Dok Dok by the Four Seasons hotel in Garden City, make sure you haggle - 30 pounds Egyptian for an hour seemed ok to us).

We certainly weren't disappointed with the hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of April 2006

pleasantly surprised !!!

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"I stayed in this hotel recently and was one of a party of 9 including 2 children. Having read some of the reviews of this hotel i was slightly nervous about what we would find when we arrived, however all of my concerns were unfounded.
We all had lovely rooms which were set on 2 floors - lounge and bathroom downstairs,and bedroom and another bathroom upstairs. The decor was old, but the rooms were kept clean and tidy and everything worked as it should. My kids had the room next door with an interconnecting door, so we had loads of space (much more than we needed infact).
The children loved the hotel pool - yes, it was cold; but once you had taken the plunge and got in it was very pleasant - especially when it was over 30 degrees C in the sunshine.
My husband visited the gym a couple of times - not to work out, but to have a massage and he said it was very good. I tried out the jacuzzi, steam room and sauna and it was very good value at about £2.50.
The staff were very friendly and always willing to help, especially with the children and i have no complaints there.
The standard of food varied depending on which restaurant you ate in. The breakfast buffet was fine but not great. The boys had cereal and toast and yoghurts most mornings, and i usually just had toast with marmite (yes, i took my own jar with me !). Lunch was spent by the pool, and there were sandwiches and burgers available for the children which kept them happy.
In the evenings there were a number of restaurants to choose from. We didnt enjoy the Lebanese, but the Italian and French restaurants were both good, and we ate in each of these a couple of times. If you wanted a lite option then both restaurants served very good soup (useful, if your stomach is feeling a little delicate).
Overall, we were very pleasantly surprised, and if we were returing to Cairo we would stay here again. One evening we went for a meal at the Mena House - this is a lovely hotel, but i would have constantly worried about the children there - so as a family hotel i think the Pyramids Park was the right choice for us."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of April 2006

Away from the crowds

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"I just returned from a 2 week trip around Eqypt with my family. We stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel for 2 nights after the tour we joined ended so that we could spend a day in Alexandria.

The hotel is approx. 40minutes from downtown Cairo. This isn't a bad thing considering it's nearly impossible to get around downtown Cairo on foot anyway becuase traffic is crazy and dangerous! The hotel isn't really within walking distance of anything, but for L.E 15 you can catch a taxi and it will take you just about anywhere. We ended up going to a restaurant called Felfella, cheap clean eyptian food, about 10 minutes away by the Le Meridian hotel, in a taxi where 4 people can eat for under L.E 150 and the food is delicious!

The hotel itself is decent. For USD$60 a night we couldn't have asked for much more. The hotel rooms are spread out in separate 2 story buildings and there is a lot of ground to cover. They did include a free fruit platter to each room on our arrival with a banana, orange and strawberries. There was a large swimming pool just outside of the main lobby, but it's not heated and the water was very cold. There is a nice gym with sauna and hot tub which is free to hotel guests if you have time to spend around the hotel. One major problem we had was with bugs in our room, not because the rooms aren't clean, but there are flys and mosquitos there. The hotel does provide each room with an electric bug repellent.

We found that the hotel was ideally located for our trip to Alexandria. The main road outside the hotel is the desert road that all tour buses take to Alexandra, so we ended up being the last to be picked up for the tour and the first ones to get home. We found that our tour from [-]eyptreservation[-] was the best deal we could find. For $40 per person it included RT transportation, lunch and admission fees. There were 8 people in our tour and they picked us up in a little Toyota mini tripod(?) van. You'll know the type when you get there, if you're not familiar. The tour was originally $55 when there were only 4 of us, so the price goes down when more people are in the same tour. Ask them to quote you the price of the tour without admission, they paid less than L.E. 50 in admission costs when we went but charged us an additional USD$15. Islam was the name of our tour guide and he was excellent! Email the company ahead of time to get a quote and call them when you get there to finalize your arrangements. We did not wire them money as they requested for fear of fraud... just pay them when they come to pick you up.

If you're looking for shopping, the shopping center next to the Ramses Hilton in downtown Cairo is a great spot. There are lots of clothes, shoes and eqyptian souveniers sold in a clean and air conditioned plaza. I would reccommend that location if you are looking for shopping. It's also located just across the street from the Egyptian Museum, so you can shop after you visit the museum. The shopping center closed around 9pm. But becareful crossing the street!

The trip back to the airport cost L.E. 110 from the Hertz reservation counter in the lobby.

Hope this helps someone on their trip."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of April 2006

Don't stay at this hotel

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"This hotel was a huge let down. My husband & I almost always stay at Intercontinental Hotels & have been very happy w/ our experiences. This hotel was more like a "Holiday Inn". It seemed to cater to bus loads of tour groups. The staff were terrible! Everyone we came into contact with (except the cleaning staff) was so stuck up. The refrigerator was broken in our suite. No effort was made to fix it. There was no safe in the room, which forced us to use a safety deposit box at the front desk. Again, the staff were terrible. They would have us wait while they chatted. The hotel also recommended a driver. The man was a con-artist...I could go on & on about this place. Save yourself the grief; go somewhere else."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of April 2006

Close to Pyramids...but out of view!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"The disclaimer that the hotel is close to the pyramids is true, but not close enough to walk, nor can they be viewed from the hotel because of the highway obstructing all views.The grounds are quite lovely as is the pool. The rooms are adequate, but a bit worn. The rooms are in need of a major renovation, as is the rest of the hotel. A major renovation would make this hotel top-notch. The staff and hotel personnel are very friendly and helpful. It is not by any means a 4-star hotel. It is not in the class of other Intercontinental Hotels."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of April 2006

fabulous stay

Reviewed Tue 9th of November 2010

"we just came back from a 7 day stay in the Pyramids Park Hotel. The hotel itself was fabulous, there was a varity of food, the staff was friendly and helpfull where needed, ... Only the hotel is very noisy. Not only caused by the honking cars passing the hotel at night, but also by the arrival and departure of tourists (meanly Japanese and Chinese people who don't care about others who want to sleep). The solution ... don't forget earbuds and you'll have a wonderfull stay at this hotel!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of November 2010

Hotels near Pyramids Park Resort

Stayed at Pyramids Park Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Pyramids Park Resort

• Lat by Lat

"I just would not recommend this hotel poorly for health and safety reasons "

• Attridge by Attridge

"incredibly noisy, scary traffic, friendly people "

• jose by jose

"The traffic system has to be seen to be believed "

• jose by jose

"The Pyramids and the Cairo Museum "

• Charlies Angel by Charlies Angel

"Cairo is a fascinating city, It has to be experienced to be believed. Would not have missed it. We "

• ray by ray

"satisfactory, watch your stuff "

Pyramids Park Resort is also called