About Pyramids Park Resort

• smoking rooms available
  • paid wifi
  • paid internet

Good

Dirty and filthy and the hygiene level is extremely poor and you will fall ill

Reviewed 8 months ago

"When I entered my room, there were a number of things I spotted that made me feel at unease. Please don’t be fooled by the pictures, the room is dusty and the furnitures is old. The room was not cleaned properly so I refused my children to touch anything around the room. The bathroom was old and dirty and literally made me feel dirty washing in there. The shower curtain and the room curtains were unwashed with dust on them. The reception staff have no customer service skills and the WiFi is very limited and only in the lobby area. You are constantly harassed by the staff For tips. I was constantly harassed for excursions and they quoted ridiculous prices, and if that wasn’t bad they even told me how much it would cost me in sterling. They are extremely pushy and just won’t take a no for an answer, this extended to outside the hotel. I got so fed up to the point I didn’t leave the hotel in the end. The dining area is ok but the food is very tasteless and didn’t look too good . Please note that hygiene care is non existence in this hotel hence the reason I came back with food poisoning which had lasted 10 days. This hotel is like 3* and there is nothing I can say about this resort that was good. There is nothing to do just one big swimming pool and your stuck in a place where everything can only be access by taxi . I am pleading to people with children please don’t stay at this hotel as this was the worse holiday I have ever had and I will never recommend this country to anyone."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2018

fabulous stay

Reviewed Tue 9th of November 2010

"we just came back from a 7 day stay in the Pyramids Park Hotel. The hotel itself was fabulous, there was a varity of food, the staff was friendly and helpfull where needed, ... Only the hotel is very noisy. Not only caused by the honking cars passing the hotel at night, but also by the arrival and departure of tourists (meanly Japanese and Chinese people who don't care about others who want to sleep). The solution ... don't forget earbuds and you'll have a wonderfull stay at this hotel!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of November 2010

out in the sticks/missing item

Reviewed Thu 15th of April 2010

"difficult to go out for the evening after your organised trip - would need to use a taxi. Entertainment dire. My 3 teenage daughters were in the room next door, they had a fresh flower put in their bathroom by the young male cleaners but 1 pair of short pyjama bottoms went missing and another daughter thinks some bracelets disappeared too. Otherwise not bad."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of April 2010

Disappointing hotel

Reviewed Thu 23rd of April 2009

"We had spent a wonderful 7 days on a Nile Cruise on King Tut 111 and 3 days at Dana Beach in Hurghada. There were 7 of us including my 13 year old grandson and we were all ready for the last part of our wonderful holiday but oh what a disappointment! As we were shown to our rooms I realised what a grubby hotel this was. Probably splendid 20 years ago but showing signs of neglect, pathways and steps broken and the bottom of the pool appeared to be breaking up. The room was spacious and the beds were clean and comfortable but our fridge was filthy, the bath was worn and the room was grubby. There was a kettle but it did not work and we reported it but it still did not work. The only friendly staff were the porters who just wanted a tip! The breakfast was good but the evening meal was luke warm on both nights, the only hot food was the pasta which they heated up! We had been warned by our Orbital Travel only to eat hot food!!! We have emailed Orbital to advise them that this hotel does no favours to their excellent name. We were only there 2 nights and we were out all day so did not bother to complain, just put up with it but if you are looking at this hotel then I would look for a better one. Our guide Torik was great as was our taxi driver, the mini bus was modern and comfortable."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of April 2009

Noisy room

Reviewed Wed 15th of April 2009

"We arrived at this hotel in the early hours, filled in the necessary forms and was then guided by one of the staff to the room. This was about 3am, tired we went straight to bed. Trying to sleep proved difficult, as the traffic noise was relentless. Turning the air conditioning fan to maximum did drown some of the noise, but be warned, drivers love to sound their vehicle horns at every opportunity. Google map it and see the layout for yourself.

Once daylight arrived, we realised we were right next to a raised motorway. This apparently is the desert road out of Cairo, and very, very busy 24-7. As we were only staying 2 more nights, we decided not to try and change the rooms.

The restaurant has a good selection of food, clean and well staffed, but trying to get an alcoholic beverage with the evening meal is a challenge.

Well placed to see the Cairo attractions.

Overall this hotel is not too bad apart from the traffic noise. If you do decide to stay here try an secure a room that faces away from the road network. Enjoy."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of April 2009

cairo disaster

Reviewed Mon 23rd of February 2009

"We had the misfortune to stay here three weeks ago and found the hotel bedrooms very dirty, worn & desperately in need of refurbishment. They haven't been touched since the hotel was built approx 23yrs ago. Our bedroom was changed to a suite which appeared an improvement but on closer inspection was still very poor.

The pool and gardens were very attractive and tidy.
The food was ok and the staff (bar one exception)very pleasant. They made a real effort to take our concerns on board and have been in touch since we returned home. Intercontinental are a world wide chain and even allowing for different cultures should have the same standard maintained throughout their hotels"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of February 2009

Stay at the Pyramid Park hotel, Cairo

Reviewed Tue 2nd of December 2008

"Excellent facilities with 24 hour gym, the hotel room service was also very good with a great variety, and it had a decent enough pool (one main pool). The rooms were very spacious and the beds were very soft and comfortable, they were gigantic - you could fit in a family of three in it!

However, it was incredibly expensive, the bar staff tried to overcharge and often, staff did not have the right change (whether in the restaurant or cafe etc) so you were forced to pay more. This was despite the fact that the prices were supposed to include all taxes and service charges (tips)!
We learnt very quickly that it was best to add the bill to your room and pay at the end, that way you are likely to get change back and pay a tip that you want to pay without obligation.
Finally, a lot of staff (all men) gave me dirty looks because they thought I looked Egyptian or Arabic, often it wasn't until I had explained I was married did they seem to give less scornful looks. The women staff - I had no problem with, as they were very passive, hardly spoke or said anything actually, which we took to be a cultural thing, it was always the men who asked if I was Egyptian. Dur to this sort of scrutiny and the uneasy feeling I got from them, I did not use the pool as I think I would have offended half the staff there who probably thought I was Egyptian!

Overall, this was a very good hotel with excellent facilities, it's a shame about the cultural attitude which limits what the hotel actually offers and the way in which they treat tourists like cash machines. Conclusion - if you're not brown or tanned and therefore not at risk of being called an Egyptian woman, and you get wise to the ways in which they might try and rip you off (and therefore dont mind having to be on guard), then you will have a restful stay here whilst exploring the sights in Cairo. At the very least, it's an excellent hotel for a short stay to visits the highlights of Egypt."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of December 2008

Having just returned from a seven-night...

Reviewed Mon 29th of January 2007

"Having just returned from a seven-night stay at this hotel, we would highly recommend it.

The hotel and grounds are just lovely and the service, cleanliness, food and facilities are second to none.

Though situated in a very poor area, once you enter the hotel itself it is a little oasis.

We made good use of the free shuttle bus into Cairo on the days we weren't going off on excursions, although a private taxi costs about 50 Egyptian Pounds for four people, which is very reasonable.

We would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of January 2007

None too bad

Good
Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Having read some of the previous reviews, I was a little apprehensive about our 3 night stay here. However, in general the hotel was pretty good.

The pool is lovely - warm, big and deep enough to dive into.

Our room was a good size and clean, although the bathroom ceiling had seen better days.

Breakfast was pretty poor - the dining room is more like a school dinner hall and the food is uninspiring.

We also ate at the pool bar which was ok and the Terraza Italian restaurant which was good."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

Ok I Suppose

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"We were slightly woried about staying at the intercontinental in giza after reading some of the reviews, so we went there thinking the worse,

It was not cleanest hotel we stayed at during our tour of Egypt the buffet resturant was a bit on the grubby side and the bathroom was in need of a major face lift, as well as the rest of the hotel (probably ok in the 1980's).

Overall its fine for a stop over, wouldn't stay for more than a couple of days.

On the plus side the italian restaurant was a little gem good food and good service. And the pool was good"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of September 2006

again and again

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"This was my second visit to the hotel for one night in the sun , i have checked in first in oberoi but my wife did not like it as it looked very old , we checked out and went again to the pyyramids park still the hotel is nice and adequate , the food is getting worse even in the pool side , breakfast is very poor , dinner is poorer and set menu on the pool is a disaster . Rooms are ok and pool is excellent while parking for free , check in and out staff are slow .

if u live in Egypt get a day use better"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

Better than expected.

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Intercontinental for 8 days in September of 2005. After staying at the Conrad in Cairo in 2004 I knew by the pricing that the Inter was in the bargin basement department, but we wanted a place close to the pyramids. We were surprised that the Inter was as clean as could be in the lobby, pool area and the rooms.
We noticed that the clientel was mostly the older generation or family affairs and not the noisy teen crowd.
We stayed in room 464 in the back and was pleased with how quiet it was. The hotel has a HUGE pool with a poolside eatery and the pool closes at 8 pm so folks can get some sleep.
Several restaurants on-site offer a large selection of casual or fine dining. Try the outdoor Italian cafe. The lasagne is wonderful!
But we don't go to Egypt for the food, do we? We go to see the sights!!!
Let the staff find you a taxi to the pyramids as they're only a couple of miles away and walking there is a traffic nightmare. Millions of cars, scooters and donkey carts are everywhere! And the taxi ride is only about four US dollars. That's a deal.
We plan on a return trip to Egypt in 2007 and the Intercontinental is where we're staying. See you there!"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of July 2006

Hotels near Pyramids Park Resort

Top traveller tips for Pyramids Park Resort

• Attridge by Attridge

"incredibly noisy, scary traffic, friendly people "

• jose by jose

"The traffic system has to be seen to be believed "

• jose by jose

"The Pyramids and the Cairo Museum "

• Charlies Angel by Charlies Angel

"Cairo is a fascinating city, It has to be experienced to be believed. Would not have missed it. We "

• ray by ray

"satisfactory, watch your stuff "

Pyramids Park Resort is also called