We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

President Hotel

22 Taha Hussein Str Zamalek District, Cairo 11511 Egypt

Great Place to Stay

Good

"I was concerned based on some of the reviews below, but much to my surprise, President was a great place to stay. Quirky? Yes, but this is Egypt. I stayed there for 3 weeks, and the room was adequate and the breakfast better than most places. It was clean, and the bathroom was brand new and immaculate. The people were very friendly - at reception, the housekeepers, and the guards out front. There is a nice bakery on the ground floor, and even a pub in the basement. Not bad for $30 per night. Give it a go, it's a great place to stay."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2007

The bad hotel

"It was one of the worst hotels I had ever seen, it should not be rated as 3* hotel what I have seen something with no star at all, most of the staff over there were horrible and not helpful not at all they can understand the tip language only or they will ignore cleaning your room!

Service was poor and even people on the reception desk were not qualified and hardly speaking or helping residence.

The only good thing I can remember about this hotel was its secure location since more then one embassy was there."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of September 2007

Not great, but not terrible

"There are many mixed reviews on the web, so we approached our stay with some trepidation, which may be why it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. I think they took the previous negative reviews about moldy bathrooms to heart, and as a result, the bathroom was the nicest place in our room! The bad: dirty carpets, AC that could not keep up, dirty walls and very old furnishings (especially the covers). The elevator was an adventure as well. The good: front desk staff and bellmen were helpful without being pushy, bathroom was clean and overall, the room was kept clean (but they need new carpet!) linens were clean and the location very good.
This is not a bad place for the price, with a good location and pretty decent selection for breakfast. Water was overpriced, better to go to local stores. we were within walking distance of the museum and other attractions. The metro is a good way to get around, cheap and reasonably accessible. Overall, an OK stay, though I think if we go back we would try for the Hotel Longchamps, also in Zamalek."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of August 2007

Seedy

"This is one of the cheaper hotels, so you can't expect too much. Its location in Zamalek is well away from the normal tourist haunts, but being in a more European quarter of Cairo means you aren't hassled all the time by souvenir sellers etc. The hotel itself is dingy, & some of the rooms have little ventilation & still smell of the millions of cigarettes that have been smoked in them. I found the bell-boys pleasant enough, but the owner seemed highly suspicious of his guests & kept watching us as though expecting us to steal the fittings.

We liked the enormous, airy upstairs breakfast room with its huge view over Cairo, and the excellent Turkish coffee served there."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2007

Worst hotel ever !!

"Firstly the hotel was pretty far away from everything and hard for all taxies to find. The hotel had not a 3 star standard, more like 1 star. The room was dirty with blood on the walls. And the bathroom was dirty and very moldy. The room smelled and the aircondition barly worked and made a terrible noise. The brekfast in the restaurant was ok.

As we arrived the bell boy was pretty pushy to get a deal on taxi for us. The personell at the hotel took advantage of their position and tried to puch taxies om us that was far overpriced. Not very helpful staff."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of June 2007

shocking!

"Firstly, the security in the hotel was non-existant as anything would get through the metal detectors. The room was more like a 2star than a 3 and the bathroom was unsanitary, i.e, toilet would not flush and there was dirt all over tiles and bath. Hotel staff do not treat women with any level of respect. room door did not have a secure lock on it and air conditioning unit was hanging off the wall. No amenities whatsoever."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of March 2007

Nice hotel but bad bell men.

Good

"I have just came from 2 weeks trip in Egypt, where I stayed in President Hotel, the hotel is located in a tree lined street in Zamalek Island, clean hotel, close to the Egyptian museum.
The luggage porters or the bell men of the hotel are always trying to arranging taxis & tour to pyramids with the taxi drivers in front of the hotel, which we found it really pushy and insisting, so avoid dealing with them. but rest of the hotel staff are friendly & helpful."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of February 2007

Decent hotel but don't expect too much!

"The President Hotel is located on the island of Zamalek in between two branches of the river Nile crossing Cairo. It is one of the greenest and quietest areas in Cairo. On the downside the rooms were dark, dingy and not on the spacious side. Also I remember how uncomfortable the bed was and it didn't take long to work out why. Two single beds were pushed together to make it look like a doube bed. Eventually we seperated the beds in the middle of the night but not too far apart in order to share the duvet. The bedding was clean. The rooms could do with a lick of paint and the lighting wasn't that good, not bright enough bulbs. There was a balcony with a view of the street below. The bathroom was decently clean. Breakfast consisted of a fairly standard menu; croissants, pastries, bread rolls, jam, cereal, (tea and coffee was also served). We only stayed one night and so for dinner we went out to Pizza Hut which was located about a 15 minute walk away. The area around the hotel is very safe and very quiet, hardly any traffic. The best part of the hotel is the lobby. Its not too big, long and rectangular, but the walls are glassed, the floor was clean and shiny, the reception desk was manned with friendly staff, the seating consists of comfy sofas and chairs, the lighting was bright enough to bathe the lobby in a soft orangey glow and there was even a small bakery near the exit doors which sold pattisseries of various flavours. All in all a good hotel if you're on a budget."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of July 2006

Not as bad as we thought

"After reading reviews in Trip Advisor we were prepared for the worst. This hotel was part of a tour booking so we had no choice, but we were pleasantly surprised. Although dated, the rooms were a good size and on both our stays we had a balcony which was great. First bathroom not that flash, but second lovely. Also had use of a day room which was definitely worse for wear - no hot water or fridge but we weren't overnighting so it didn't matter. All staff were friendly. On both our stays we arrived early, and as our rooms weren't ready they supplied us with breakfast in the restaurant while we waited. Thought Zamalek was a great location to stay - a bonus would be a pool but I believe this is the exception rather than the norm in Cairo."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of July 2006

TAKE CARE DIRTY,UNKINDLY,LOUD......

"I booked that hotel bcs it s located in one of the best and quietlies areas of Cairo. But the hotel was terrible. First of all very very dirty. 2nd nothing was like at the description. 3rd I booked as a single, so they brought me in a room at the roof which was that dirty, uncofortable and damaged that also for just 1 day you couldn t stay in it. At morning very loud. After the rain a lot of dirty thing came down the roof through a big hole into the bathroom (what they call bath room). When I complained the day after an very arrogant girl at the reception answered me: " The rain is not in our hands"! With a shock I had to call my travel agency in Germany. They needed 2 days to organize some tourist agents to help me to get a better room. In that new "better" room the fridge was defect, air conditioning without conditioning so on.....

NEVER AGAIN!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of April 2006

Hotels near President Hotel

Stayed at President Hotel? Share your insight.

President Hotel is also called