Pharaoh Egypt Hotel

11 Ahmed Orabi Street, Cairo 11511 Egypt

Good

4 Star???? More Like 0 Star

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Dont not stay at this hotel...Its not a 4 star at all its very old and run down... the bathroom was tiny and disgusting what they called a shower was a small hole in the ground that always flooded the floor. The toilets were all stained and looked like they were 100 years old the rooms dirty, extremly noisy and had flying bugs. There was construction right outside our room that filled our room with the smell of paint. The staff was rude and woulnd't help us change rooms."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of March 2008

hmmmmmm

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"I had read the reviews of the hotel here and was not expecting anything great . And my expectation was fulfilled ! It is just a simple basic hotel . I had gone for a 2 days and had to book this as all other hotels were full .

At the price i am sure there would be better hotels to go to . In case you dont have a choice and you just want to spend the night , this is Ok.

Location is very good and lots of amenities are at a walking distance.

Pointer - if you are on the upper floors , try leaving your room a little earlier if you an appointment to catch . The Lift takes ages to come !

Secondly - dont go by the photo of the exterior put up in the hotels website . You are not going to find a towering standalone hotel , it is in fact surrounded by buildings and you will easily miss it if you dont see the name at the entrance."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of February 2008

blah

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"the hotel is crap.

breakfast is meager and disappointing and the walls are super thin.

the noise from the city and other rooms can clearly be heard. service is likewise terrible as phone calls are not able to be made;

beware of the shop downstairs selling overpriced items, marekup as much as 500%!!!

only good thing about this place is the cheap nightly rate.

location is on west side of nile, far from city center. expect to obe ripped off by theif and conmen taxi drivers in order to get downtown."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of January 2008

comfy

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"Not bad at all. As a woman traveling to Egypt alone I was quite comfortable here. the staff was friendly. the rooms were small and not 4 star, but certainly not filthy. the price was outstanding. I got two nights for less than $100 total. It's not particularly close to anything, but it's very easy to catch a taxi right outside on the street. My only complaint would be that the pool didn't look particularly clean. Friendly staff were a plus. I felt safe and comfy here."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

Absolute [--] - do not stay here!

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"I am currently staying here, Have been here a week. Leaving on Thirsaday morning and not soon enough. The place is an absolute shambles. Drinks in the bar takes 30 minutes to arrive then thewy try to charge you twice, a club sandwich in the poolside café takes upwards of an hour and then looks and tastes like a dog has been at it first.... Toilet refused to work. SPoke to recpetion in person at 2 p.m. SOmneone weould come and fix it straight away. At 5 p.m. notified reception again. OK, somneone will come they said. 9:30 p.m. still no-one had been..... I waited in recweption until they found someone to sort it. DONOT STAY HERE!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of April 2007

Don't go there !

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"Don’t go there !! The hotel is filthy, room facilities are far below three star standards,and the whole place is in bad need for total renovation.One good thing to mention though, the reception staff were friendly and helpful . During my stay which lasted 11 days,the bed sheets and pillow cases where changed in the fifth day for the first time after I had complained."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of October 2006

Just Satisfactory

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"We thought we try this hotel as it seemed to fit what we wanted at a reasonable price. The concierge/porter was very efficient helping us as much as he could with our bags. He showed us to our room, which was on a high floor, however, on walking in we almost passed out with the smell of dampness. I put it down to the room being closed up, and we opened all the windows and put the airconditioning on to clear the room of the smell, which worked. Our next hurdle was the air conditioner in the second room making a god aweful noise which we decided would keep the kids awake, that along with the fridge not working prompted us to ask to be moved to another suite. This request was dealt with and we were shown to another room. It didn't smell but the bathroom wasn't the best but we took the suite.
We were not expecting 5 stars and the room did suffice to our needs which were a bed, aircondition and a bathroom. We had our two children with us and they had their own room so it was ok. As we had arranged a tour guide, transport wasn't an issue and there are a million taxi's available and they are fairly cheap.
The only other problem we encountered was the head person at the desk harrassing us to pay for various things when we'd come back after a day out. We paid for the room, then he wanted us to pay for our internet use, then had the audacity of phoning us to check if we had used the internet that night. We hadn't as it was expensive, but he said his "IT" guy said we had. I said NO, and he accepted that. I wouldn't stay here again, as we have now found a lovely lady who does tours and said she would arrange much better accommodation for any future trips."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of July 2006

Not a Nice Place for the Living, maybe for a Dead Pharaoh though...

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"I'm baffled that anyone could praise this hotel. I lived in Cairo for a month, in a number of different hotels, and Hotel Pharaoh Egypt was by far the worst most unenjoyable of all the hotels I stayed in. Bad service, bad atmosphere, old dirty rooms, and unfriendly employees who discriminate against foreigners.

My first bad impression came when I checked in. Although not entirely uncommon, I was asked to prepay for my room. I think they probably did this knowing that I would want to leave after the first night staying there.

The rooms a extremely old and worn down. The "suite" doesn't improve things very much. When I went to use their health club, I found out that it was, of course, an additional fee. When I brought a friend to the pool, we were harassed to pay extra for him also, even though I had asked the front dest about bringing a guest, and they had told me no problem.

I ordered room service one night when I wasn't feeling too well. About an hour and a half later I went down to the restaurant to see if any progress was being made on my order. Nobody seemed to know what was the progress on my order, and finally I was told that they didn't actually have the things I had ordered. I ate at the restaurant one other time, and the food was aweful.

When cleaning came to my room, I asked for clean glasses. The employee politely took my glasses into my bathroom, rinsed them out w/water using her hands to scrub them, and then handed them back to me.

One morning while I was feeling sick and needing to sleep the front desk kept putting through a call that was not for me, in fact I don't know what language the person was speaking, but it obviously wasn't for me. After having this caller put through to my room about 5-6 times I called down to the front desk to ask them to stop putting the person through b/c it was the wrong number. Not soon after, the same caller was put through to my room again.

Overall I had a very terrible experience at this hotel, and all of these experiences took place over the span of just a few days. Unless you are a glutton for punishment I would avoid this place at all costs."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of July 2006

What hotel are the people below talking about?

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"This hotel was poor in so many respects. Firstly when we arrived there was a difficulty with our booking. We had to undergo questioning from reservations staff, reception staff as wel as management before it was accepted that we were indeed booked into the hotel. This was the case even though we had confirmed our booking and phoned the hotel two days before our arrival.

The room we had can best be described as 70s chic, all we needed was a disco ball. Our patio door opened about a quarter of its width, which made access to the balcony difficult. This however was a blessing as the balcony overlooked the back of surrounding buildings. The balcony also contained, at no extra charge, a blue bucket which was being used to gather excess water dripping from a broken air conditioning system in a neighbouring room.

Our toilet did not flush either, although in fairness I can't blame the toilet. It was obviously depressed as it lived in a dank dark bathroom that required some major refurbishment.

Thankfully I only had to spend one night here before returning to Luxor. I would advise people to think carefully before choosing this hotel. It may say four stars on the door but I can guarantee you'll find more stars in an underground cave!!"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of September 2005

Absolutely brilliant staff who made us feel right at home

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"3 of us brothers went for our honeymoon in Cairo for 8 days staying at the Pharaoh Egypt Hotel. We had an absolutely amazing time. We each stayed in a suite which consisted of a larger bedroom with a king size bed and a reception rooms with couches and the works. All rooms were air-conditioned and the view of the city was brilliant.

The food was really nice too. All types of breakfast's from continental to American to just tea and toast are readily available. Room service is swift and dinner is really nice too with a tasty variety.

However to top everything, I'm saying with the bottom of my heart, that the staff at this hotel, from the staff that greet you at reception with a glass of fresh juice, to the restaurant staff, porters and cleaners are absolutely the best with hearts of gold. They make you feel so at home and believe me, you actually miss them on the way back to the airport. They treat you like royalty and they never tut or frown. They have this policy about the customer always being right and they are the best.

The management stand up and offer you their seats to discuss tours. Oh yeah that's another thing. Hotel Public Relations sorted all out tours out at brilliant prices. Our whole week was sorted before we even got there.

Hotel location is bang in the middle of all the attractions and night walks in the lively city are the best.

Believe me, no matter what standard of hotel's you are used too and no matter how that compares to this hotel, the staff and the service will make this hotel one place to remember and one place you'll definetely miss. Mark my words. You can't go wrong. You're in safe hands."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of April 2005

Hotels near Pharaoh Egypt Hotel

Stayed at Pharaoh Egypt Hotel? Share your insight.