Paris Hotel

15 Talaat Harb Street, Cairo 11511 Egypt

My best holiday

"It was my frist time to visit cairo.and i think it ll not be the last.cause i think its strang city i have ever been befor .it mad you come close and close.people are the best.also the paris hotel where i was staying my time really was big part of my feeling for that city .nice hostel nice people they try to do what ever to make you feel happy.some thing we miss in our country."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of January 2008

The Nile Hilton for budget travellers

"This is the Nile Hilton for the budget traveller. I enjoyed very very much my stay here. The hostel is close to lots of places (Egyptian Museum, Nile, embassies), the staff is extremely nice and friendly, the place is very clean. It was an extremely positive experience.
I made friends here and I know I'll come back to see them again. I will also make sure my friends know about it when they come to Cairo."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of January 2008

Great Hotel in Cairo

"I usually don't bother to write reviews or comments on anything, but I
had a great time at a hotel I stayed in Cairo so I have decided to write my comments here.

Paris hotel is one of the greatest hotels in Cairo, I think. Although
many hotels in Cairo are old, this hotel is new and always kept very clean. I like this hotel's interior as well, very pretty!

When I go traveling, I usually stay at a room with a private bathroom because I don't like sharing bathrooms with others. However this hotel's shared bath rooms are always kept clean so I didn't mind using
them with other guests.

I also felt safe when I stayed at this hotel because one of this hotel's manager is a woman. She was always in the lobby taking care of her guests. She is a very nice and friendly person. She is always helpful as well. When I was staying there, she was always cautious if all the rooms are tidy and clean. The other male manager was very nice and helpful, too.

I visited Cairo on my own but I never felt lonely but always felt comfortable because I stayed at this hotel.

All in all, I strongly recommend this hotel, especially for people who
prefer clean, comfortable and pretty hotels with helpful staff. Women would love this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of December 2007

Beware....they are after naive tourists for over priced arrangments!

"I did not actually book the stay because I wasn't sure of the quality of the hotel due to mixed reviews. I was in cairo and I had booked a private room for a couple of nights at the Sara Inn (very helpful and friendly staff). I thought I needed a change to something a bit better! checked Paris hotel online and when I confirmed availability, I went straight to the hotel which was not too far from where I was staying. As soon as they found out that I spoke arabic(I'm originally from egypt) they were not interested and they told me that they are fully booked. I know they were not even half full and several websites showed availability.These people are not professional and they are only after people who don't know how much a camel write will cost so they can overcharge them. I have to say however that theyhotel looked decent to me for a 2 star. Just, beware and if u decided to stay there(I woudn't) don't use any of their over priced sevices."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of August 2007

very helpful

Good

"We came to stay with a family of 8 ,we found the staff very helpful they organised a tour for us through Egyptwhen we arrived, leaving Cario on Xmas eve on a plane to Abel Simbel ,they put us in touch with the tour operater Mastafi, who also came to the rescue if any part of our trip was not right.
We came back in Jan and stayed another night, we got transported in different shifts back to the air port.
This was very clean, basic hotel, the the rest of the building was Very average, but the hotel floor very good. I could recommend this hotel"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of July 2007

pleasant stay in downtown Cairo

"Small hotel on walking distance from the egyptian museum.
Nice and clean rooms (although not all have a private bathroom).
Excellent Airco!!!
Friendly staff with realistic suggestions for excursions.
Third floor, but the lelavator is marvelous (french classical style).
I would go there another time is I need to be in Cairo."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of June 2007

Large rooms,But not cleaned daily

"Stayed here too probably at the same time as Bella. The hotel staff would disappear and people would be pounding loudly on the glass door which my room was right in front of. I agree the owners were too laid back and lazy. Yes the climbing of all the steps was frustrating b/c it seemed like the people getting off the elevator upstairs on the 3rd floor where the Paris was, wouldn't close the gait/door all the way. Did also see one roach in my room once. They are friendly and helpful guys who can offer you private tours all around. I warn you though, get a Menatel phone card and their cell numbers. They arranged a private pick up for me in another city and the driver didn't show up. This happens quite frequently. I've read about many no show pick ups. It's common. Egypt is easy to get around though. Most speak enough English. So if your driver doesn't show up you'll easily find another 20. Breakfast looked like your basic continental. I ate out every day. This place is downtown close to everywhere. I even would go to McDonalds for a coffee after having breakfast somewhere else."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2007

O.K. enough

"I stayed here based on the online reviews. I needed a lift because I had a leg fracture last year and climbing is still difficult. Half the time the lift door wasn't properly shut and it we couldn't call it from the street level. Then there were roaches in our room which we were afraid would come back with us.
Rooms weren't made up every day. The hotel seemed abandoned at times. Owners would lock the front door, go out and people were always banging on the door to be let in. It was clean enough but not sanitised. Bring your own towel, shower mat, soap, toilet paper, and disinfectant. Showerhead, toilet and sink all in a small closet of a room. Looked like there was a computer room with internet, which we didn't use because we used our friends computer at the Hyatt. It's a private hotel with friendly laid back owners. Too laid back and a bit lazy. Breakfast looked like only toast and jam was available with tea. They can arrange tours for you but it would be better to use a travel agent since these guys at the Paris are not travel experts."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of May 2007

Small but Charming

Good

"We stayed only two nights at Paris Hotel, but we were very pleased with our stay. This tiny hotel takes up one half of the 4th floor of an older Cairo apartment building, but don't let the outside fool you; the owner has renovated it himself and done a lovely job! Our friends stayed in a double room with ensuite bathroom which was clean, well-decorated, and air-conditioned. There are about six such rooms, and a larger, un-airconditioned dorm-type room room which can hold up to six people, is less expensive, and has no en-suite bathroom. That's the room in which we stayed, and the beds were quite comfortable, although the traffic noise was a bit loud . There's a shared bathroom down the hall, as well as comfortable single beds and a large fan.

The hotel has a small kitchen you can use as well as free internet, a laundry service, a good location near the Egyptian Museum, and great conversation and tea from the owner if he's around! Highly recommended as a simple, affordable, pleasant place to stay in Cairo."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of April 2007

A touch of Luxury

"If your looking for a small touch of luxury, then Paris hotel in Cairo is for you. I wouldn't recommend for backpackers or single people as there is no real vibe to the place, but if you are a couple or someone wanting to relax and enjoy an excellent hotel with superb service with all the fine touches, then come stay here!
The hotel takes up one floor on the 7th floor and has more of a bed & Breakfast feel (homely) than a hotel feel. The rooms have beautiful wooden floors and high ceilings with fresh paint and beautiful curtains. the beds are really comfortable too.
We had a room with a bathroom but unfortunately no toilet, however this was right next door.
On arrival we were given an excuisite cup of coffee (very hard to get in Egypt) and that set the mood for our whole stay. Later that night we were also given a tray of sweet egyptian goodies and some fresh oranges. Just superb.
At the bottom of the hotel is a busy street with a bit of everything you need eg. restaurants, shops etc.The hotel has cheap internet too.
The staff here are very well trained and will make you feel at home. I would definitely recommend staying here if you have a little extra cash."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of November 2006

Hotels near Paris Hotel

Stayed at Paris Hotel? Share your insight.

Paris Hotel is also called