Novotel Cairo Airport

Po Cairo Airport Cairo International Airport, Cairo 11776 Egypt

Good

Not recommended

"After spending two hours trying to get through Passport control and to the hotel, the driver (Hawk) dropped me off at the WRONG hotel. There are metal detectors EVERYWHERE! The room to which I was assigned was run down, and the hotel did not have my reservation available when I arrived. After I showed them the confirmation number that I was given by the travel agent, I was checked in by a "less than cordial" desk representative. The hotel restaurant (so far) I would rate as "average". There is a lot of activity in the lobby and a shop (appears to be mostly for souveneirs, etc...) and a Hair Salon. Overall the hotel was very overpriced for what you get. They charge $15.00 for a one-day internet password. If you can find something better (through internet reviews, etc...) at a better price (100 euros/night) I would strongly suggest that you do so! Incidentally, you can SEE the hotel from the International Arrivals Hall at the Cairo International Airport and it STILL took me more than one hour to get from customs to the hotel!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of November 2007

Mediocre

"Can't say if this hotel lets the chain down since we stayed at an equally poor Novotel in Paris. The lobby is impressive but that's where it ends. The carpets in the hall and bedrooms might better be replaced with tiles for easier upkeep and a cleaner impression. Open the doors to the utility areas and you wonder what dirty workspaces do for the staff's pride and morale. Breakfast was passable, dinner unremarkable. You are as almost everywhere, presented with a bill for the meal before you have barely started and the price of the drinks not noted but you are demanded to sign the bill anyway. Employees spoke minimal English. Waiter hassled us from moving from the smoking section down wind from a smoker to the empty nonsmoking section. Waiter did not like that I refused the hot sunny seating he offered me in an otherwise empty breakfast room.

Room tiny, carpet soiled, bathroom adequately clean. Television broken and promise to send maintenance man never honored. Turned out that only the 'zapper' was broken which we discovered. Had it been the television broken and we could not check out the BBC world news, I'd have been really annoyed since the TV was the only extra. Wireless Internet available but I did not check out the price since these things are usually exorbitant. Saw only three people in pool but looked clean with lots of sun chairs. Close to busy road and airport so may or may not appeal to use garden. Navette (minibus) to airport useful.
Not a place for an extended stay but okay if you arrive late and simply want to get to airport easily."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of November 2007

Not impressed.....

"Not at all impressed whith this 4-star hotel (more like a 2 star). Staff could not understand the english language. I was staying there for two month - jobrelated. Breakfast was ok - dinner lousy. We ate at Mövenpick every night."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of October 2007

I second rundown and shabby

"We booked this hotel to be near the airport and were arriving at 1:30 a.m. on our last night and we had a 10 a.m. flight. The shuttle never came that was supposed to pick us up. It appeared to be much closer- we had to walk through about 50 annoying taxi drivers and realized the walk wasn't the safest a bit too late. It was only a 10 minute walk - would be fine during the day- not so great at night. Arriving at the hotel, there was a band in the hotel bar playing so loudly that we had to scream to check in. They wanted to put us on the ground floor- but after we complained- they gave us a room in the far end of the 4th floor which was at least quiet. The room was extremely basic and quite gross. The type of room you'd wear flip flops in the shower. The sheets didn't fit the mattress. My husband didn't sleep well and I poppsed a sleeping pill for hte few hours. It really was quite expensive for what it was. We payed $74 on hotelland.com but found it priced over $100 in several places. We paid much less throughout Egypt for much nicer hotels. Not recommended."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of May 2007

Run down and shabby

"We stayed one night between a late evening flight into Cairo and an early morning flight out.
First impressions are good. We rang from the airport and were picked up. The public areas are modern and clean.
Unfortunately this doesn't extend past the lift to the rooms. The corridors look shabby and dirty, the rooms likewise. There was a food tray in the corridor outside our room at 8pm (from the previous resident I guess), and still there at 8am the next morning. The place is shabby and run down. The only good thing to say it it's cheap and close to the airport.
We ate in the hotel's Italian restaurant, the food was mediocre and service poor. Again, the only good thing was it was cheap.

This place really lets down the Novotel chain. We've stayed at several, and this is a long way below par."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of February 2007

Good for 1 or 2 nigths not more

Good

The front desk staff was nice and gave good advise. One of them spoke very good French and was helpful. The garden was beautiful but we couldn’t use the swimming pool as it is not heated and the water was very cold. The free shuttle was appreciated to get to the airport. (don’t forget to give a tip to the driver as it is free). A nice fruit basket and a bottle of water in the bedroom to welcome you !

But the room was not very clean. Hoovering must have been forgotten !

I would anyway recommend this hotel for a short stay (1 or 2 nights )."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of November 2005

a very good adress

"As in transit from Luxor to Paris, we decided, i and my children to stay at Novotel airport for 2 nights.

We really enjoyed our stay as the accomodations were above the novotel standarts we generaly find in europe.

A complimentary drink was offered upon check-in, efficient and courteous satff (the manager is every where in same time!), a large newly decorated lobby, a choice of 2 bars and 4 restaurants, a lovely swimming pool in a nice garden, a refurbished bedroom (bathroom as well), maybe too small for 3.

Be carrefull: there is 2 "terminal 2" in cairo airport, and the free Novotel complimentary shuttle, only knows the international building! From the domestic terminal, you can go by walk, it is just 500 meters.
Yes, a really good adress !"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of July 2005

pleasent stay

"I stayed in this hotel from 25th,April for three nights , I received very good service for the price I paid , My wife enjoyed the pool area as well as the food specialy they have nice oreintel tent, room was confortable ,in general we recomand this hotel ."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of May 2005

Don't come here if you want to sleep

"Our family (2 adults, 2 young children) was recently in Cairo. Due to our flight connection, we decided to stay for a day let at the nearby Novotel Cairo Airport. This hotel has a scheme called the “Stopovers at Airport Services Novotel” program which listed 10 good reasons for a carefree stay. Unfortunately, at least half of the 10 ‘good reasons’ exist only in print and not in reality.

1.The meet-and-greet service was part of the program but no shuttle service came to meet us at the airport after we booked and telephoned the hotel a few times. We ended up having to flag a taxi, only to be forced to pay LE50 for the 1 km drive to the hotel (normal fare LE10). Do not try to walk to this hotel from the airport due to dangerous crossing.

2.Some major repair work is in progress, so don’t expect any sleep particularly if you are on a day let.

3.Indifferent and ‘care-less’ attitude of front desk staff who found the our predicament to be highly amusing. So much for the promised ‘care-free’ service at this hotel.

4.Buffet breakfast is of very low standard with the standard fare of crusty buns and yesterday’s sausages.

Give this hotel a wide berth, even if you are an unfortunate transitting passenger flying on a sub-Saharan airline. At USD100 rate per day let, this hotel has got to be our worst value nightmare. Ignore the 4-star rating given to this hotel by the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism, as this rating equally exist in print only.

At the time of writing, our family has not been offered any compensation or got any response to our written complaints to the management."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of March 2005

Awful!

"This hotel was just awful. The tour company I booked a first class package with (Summit Tours) put me in this hotel for the last 4 nights of my package, promising for the first two days that they would move me but they never did.

The outside was charmless. The desk clerks couldn't care less about you being there. The decor was straight out of the 50's and there were stains on the rug and chips out of the bathtub. The first night there was no hot water and it was only warm after that.

Housekeeping would try to enter your room at least 3-4 times a day to put in new towels but I never saw them clean. I had to use the chain to keep them from coming in when I wanted some privacy. The hallway was littered with empty soda bottles and napkins from room service trays that were not picked up when they fell off when the tray was collected. Only one of the elevators worked.

The restaurant (which I only ate at for breakfast) watered down the juices. They never refilled your coffee, you had to get it yourself. The selection for the buffet breakfast was very limited: for example, if you wanted eggs you had the choice of hard-boiled eggs kept warm in a pan of water on a steam table. That's it. You did not have the option of ordering off a menu, they didn't have one for breakfast. I also got the pharoah's curse from a hamburger I ordered through room service for dinner.

If you need to get any money you have to walk next door to the Le Meridian to use an ATM, which is not very comfortable if you are a woman alone, as you have to walk past two groups of Egyptian Tourist Police. The gift shop overcharged by about half.

They had a plaque with four stars from the Egyptian Tourist Authority, which is a joke because each place determines what rating they will receive. This place wouldn't get one star from a AAA book for motels.
In fact, I don't think they could even pay to get in a AAA book.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of February 2005

Hotels near Novotel Cairo Airport

Stayed at Novotel Cairo Airport? Share your insight.

Novotel Cairo Airport is also called