King Tut Hostel

Good
Good

No to King Tut

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We switched out of staying at King Tut because the bed linens had an overpowering body funk. The management thought that this was normal to hotels, instead of offering to switch or wash them, so we left. Your best bet is to get to the center city area and inquire at a few of the dozens of available hostels or hotels, and choose one that suits you. We stayed at New Hotel, 21 Adly Street, for only $10USD more than King Tut price. Our room was clean, spacious and safe, and the management did not suggest any tour arrangements at all."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of December 2006

I Love King Tut Hostel

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"My stay with a friend (2 female travelers) at King Tut Hostel in downtown Cairo in spring 2004 was AMAZING!!! The rooms, bathrooms, and common areas were clean, tidy, and well-kept. Free breakfast, cheap internet. The best part was the staff-- friendly as can be, professional, knowledgable, flexible. Atif set up our entire 10-day trip on the night we arrived right down to pickup and transfer at each place. We saw all of Egypt, rode down the Nile in falukas, it was amazing. Atif's good reputation all over the country was an asset to our smooth travel. Our guides in Cairo itself were knowledgeable and fun, provided by the hostel. I give this hostel 5 stars and recommend it to anyone!"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of December 2006

Excellent Hostel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Excellent Hostel. A cut above most Cairo Hostels.
The staff were great, the rooms clean, fresh linen and towels each day. Even room service!
We had a DBL bed in one room and two singles in another with ensuite bathroom and the cost was about $12AUS per head per night.
Sat TV and two airconditioners, breakfast included.

If you are new to Cairo the staff will go out and purchase items you request. One of the managers, Atef, was excellent and accompanied us out on a Nile dinner cruise which was fantastic fun.
There are actually two Hostels owned by the same group of managers, we booked at King Tuts (8th floor) and ended up at Ramses II which is on the 11th and 12th floors.
Breakfast is simple but nourishing consisting of bread rolls, boiled eggs, cheese and tea or coffee."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of October 2006

very safe

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"my time at king tut was a very welcoming experience and a safe enviroment to stay in. cairo can sometimes be very hard to get used to as i was travelling by myself which can be can be stressfull at times in a buzy city, yet when i was inside i felt secure and away from the noise and the staff looking out for my wellbeing making sure im happy offering me tea and treating me like i was part of a family,the rooms are massive so u have plenty of space also very clean secure,with aircon,balcony and a separate clean shower,i even spent my birthday there and the manager atef bought me a huge cake so i had someone to celebrate with as they go that extra mile so u dont feel alone,i reccomend this hostal to anyone who is on a budget as its cheap though rewarding too.if u need to visit any of the sights try doing it ur own way first or seek advise from the hostal though make out u no what u want or what ur doing because sometimes if u seem lost that is an easy way to be ripped off if makes sence,be wise and enjoy!!"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of March 2006

Thanks king tut

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"THANK you to king tut hostel..everyonewas very friendly and helpful and the hostel is very pleasent and clean.we were made to feel very welcome and comfortable here .I will difinately recommend this place to anyone travelling to cairo...many thanks for your assistance and such a wonderfull iteninary from cairo-Aswan-Luxor-cairo.i definately recommend your service too to anyone want great holiday in egypt..."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of December 2005

wow

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"fantastic clean hostel,and the staff were the greatest. Great rooms, clean with balconies and air con and good facilities. the manager organised us the most fabulous tour right around egypt and it meant travelling completely stress free and still doing it by ourselves not on a big tour bus! thanks king tut"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of December 2005

Good Hostel, but Warning Dont Book Tours Through Them!

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Its a clean place to stay. Rooms are sizable, tidy and clean. Shared bathrooms are the same. Decent hostel.

BUT they seem to use their cheap price to get people into the place so they can book them on tours in Egypt. Call it a loss leader if you like... The tours are POOR QUALITY and OVERPRICED. Hence, stay at the hostel, but book your tours elsewhere, or you will end up ripped off."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of November 2005

comment on the hostel and tours

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"The hostel is fine. Clean, nice people (if a bit too sarcastic), and good atmosphere. I heard great things about the tours that the hostel arranged. That's why I agreed to let the owner arrange a "tour" down the Nile for me. He told me he was arranging for me to be with a group of 8 people for the week. He lied to me. He arranged for me to join various "day tours" every day, leaving me utterly confused and frustrated. I didn't know this was what he arranged. He said he had an actual tour group I could join. It is hard to make friends with others when you are with a new group each day. I didn't even know which hotels I was staying at because I thought it was a group tour, so we would all go together, which was not the case. I hope others who are travelling alone realize that the tour system here is to go with random groups each day when travelling down the Nile, which is exactly what I could have done on my own."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of April 2005

Great clean place!

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Hi there!
Just returned from Egypt and I have a cool tip of a cheap place to stay in Cairo. It's King Tut hostel, located in Talaat Harb St, 37.

It's a very well located place in central Cairo, near the subway and with many shops. The hostel is clean, cheap (got a 4 bed-room for 25 Egyptian pounds, with breakfast!) and is full of backpackers from all over the world.

I really enjoyed it! Have fun! :)"

• Travel date: Sat 5th of February 2005

Hotels near King Tut Hostel

Stayed at King Tut Hostel? Share your insight.

King Tut Hostel is also called