Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo

12 Ahmed Ragheb Street Cornish El-Nile, Garden City, Cairo 11511 Egypt

Excellent

Reviewed Tue 2nd of April 2013

"We were carefully reading comments on tripadvisor before selecting the location where to go for the Easter vacation and following some positive comments we have decided to select Egypt. Also, I would like to thank the people that have influenced us on our choice to reserve the Kempinski as we read many tips that we had the opportunity to benefit from!
First of all, we booked a Nile deluxe suite and found a great deal on the hotel website. Indeed, we wanted a large room as we were travelling with our 2 children. What was our surprise when doing the check-in when the Manager informed us that they were offering us as complimentary a connecting room with two separate beds as the hotel management team was thinking that it would make our stay much more comfortable! We then checked on the internet (free WIFI) that it was a saving worth than 280 usd per night!! Simply, I never experienced such courtesy at any hotel in my life especially taking in consideration that we did not ask for anything and that was delivered straight at our arrival!
The staff was great during the stay. Some extra cookies, tarts and fruits were displayed in the children room every day and this made us feeling very happy. Even some employees were offering candies to them when passing by the lobby and I believe they will remember their stay in Cairo because of all of this.
We have tried twice the Turkish restaurant and ordered the "doner" recommended by a folk on the net and it was great. I would also recommend the cold mezzeh platter and the hot chicken wings as a starter.
The SPA was very privative and as suggested on a post made by an other traveller, we booked the private 'family' room and got our treatment after relaxing in the sauna and the jacuzzy.
Regarding Cairo, the atmosphere in the city was nice and peaceful and we had the impression that the media are really over exaggerate what is supposedly still happen in Cairo. The visit at the pyramides was unforgettable.
The museum of Cairo is unique and a great complement of the collection that we have been able to see a couple of years ago at the Louvres in Paris. I would advise to not hesitate to hire a guide and spend at least two half days and go through the different periods that are covered by the visit without forgetting taking the time to admire the Tutankhamen’s golden mask and the mummy room."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of April 2011

Excellent Stay

Reviewed Thu 4th of April 2013

"I arrived in Cairo shortly after the recent Revolution, and planned to stay for five days; as it happened I so much enjoyed my stay at this hotel that I extended my visit. Quite simply everything in the hotel was hard to fault; attention to detail and staff who were bending over backwards to please. From the most senior to the most menial, everybosy was invariably polite, helpful and smiling. When I did want to change my ticket they sent a messenger to the airport to do all the work for me, and even managed to get me a better deal! The restaurants in the hotel and the breakfasts were amazing: like being on a five star cruise ship. Everything was clean, and all tastes and requirements seemed to have been thought about"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of April 2011

Amazing property

Reviewed Sat 30th of March 2013

"We have been in Cairo mid February for 4 nights and have booked the new Kempinski Nile Cairo. We have really enjoyed the Nile Junior Suite which had a great view on the river. The amenities are very nice and the bed is one of the best we have ever tried. The price was very affordable and not far from the normal room rates. Staff were very helpful and were really looking to make our stay unforgettable. We can see that they are looking to do what they can to make tourists coming back to Egypt. We have tried several time the Osmanly restaurant which was offering delicious specialities. If you go there, ask for the "Doner' as it is simply the place to eat it: They make it from a mix of fresh lamb and beef meet. Now we are aware of how this traditional Turkish dish is supposed to taste.
The hotel has a very nice SPA with separate space for women and men but we have managed to have access to the "family room" were we both had our massage. We took advantage of the private sauna and jacuzzy: This was a real luxury experience.
The location is probably the best in town in the Garden City area, minutes walk from the Egyptian Museum. We have been to the pyramides and we have enjoyed the place as it was not crowded. Great time to do good pictures. We will probably come back next year to Cairo but we will combine our stay with a cruise on the Nile in order to visit Aswan and Luxor. For sure, we will come back to the Kempinski."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of April 2011

Wonderful Hotel and Great Staff

Reviewed Sun 31st of March 2013

"Dear All, I would like to share with you my best ever experience in this hotel. I was attending an international conference in Cairo and found a good deal for this particular hotel, definately no regrets, as the hotel provides excellent value for money.
The staff managed to meet my expectations from the very beginning until the very end, excellent breakfast.
I highly recomment the Nile view room, amazing view."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of March 2011

Excellent hotel.

Reviewed Mon 1st of April 2013

"Had a fantastic 2 nighs in the hotel. The staff of the hotel were very helpful. Super hotel and would recommend to anyone."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of February 2011

Excellent service, very nice design but do not take Nile View Rooms !

Reviewed Sat 6th of April 2013

"I have reserved Nile View Room superior and was upgraded to Nile View Room de luxe with balcony in the 6th floor - very nice, amazing views. When TV was playing, everything was OK but when I switched it off and went to sleep, problem started: Nile View Rooms are above very noisy 4 lane street , that never sleeps, and the walls are not soundproofed, that means I slept very bad, hearing cars all the night. Next day I moved to Medina View Room above silent small street and there I slept very well. I have to say, all rooms in this hotel are relatively small in comparison with other Kempinski hotels (for example Amman, Aqaba, High Tatras). I think, they do not have 33 qm but much less. But they are new, clean, comfortable and design is very nice such as design of all restaurants and bars. Almost all of the staff are very friendly, very professional, providing excellent service !!!!! Good breakfast, good restaurants - both Blue and Osmany, good café - lobby bar. I can recommend this hotel but if you want sleep well, do not reserve Nile View Room but silent and cheaper Medina View room !!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of January 2011

Superb hotel

Reviewed Wed 3rd of April 2013

"I stayed at the Kempinski in Cairo for 3 nights and it was a true oasis from the noise and hustle and bustle of chaotic Cairo! The staff were excellent, truly helpful and nothing was any problem for them. The Turkish restaurant was a rare treat and the Chocolate Lounge a unique and wonderful idea. The room was clean and tidy and well equipped. If I ever return to Egypt, I would make a special effort to go back to Cairo JUST to stay at the Kempinski again! Well done to you all."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of January 2011

Oasis

Reviewed Fri 5th of April 2013

"In a city which, on a good day, if one loves at all one must love like a dirty and chaotic pet just coming out of a muddy lake, to come across this clean, quiet, warm, sumptuous 5-star hotel for what should have been a LOT more money, was a boon.

The staff behave as if somehow they know you're coming, and welcome you accordingly. The interior is softly bright, the air is fresh (noted with distinction after coming in from outside), the decor is subtly elegant with Egyptian theme, the room, even with a beautiful Nile (thus traffic) view, was startlingly quiet, the food was delicious and composed meticulously, the fresh juice was awesome, the shower was hot, and the bed was like warm quicksand.

On entering the room finally, I woke up 10 hours later like a new man after some stressful days.

Total and unequivocal recommendation at the highest level from a seasoned business and leisure traveler."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of January 2011

An Amazing Experience!!

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"I've been at Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo and I could immediately feel the warm and elegant welcome of this wonderful boutique hotel. The high quality of the service surprised me, after many bad experiences I had in Cairo in other hotels.
The restaurants are excellent, in particular I liked the idea of no menu, in one of them, which gave me the opportunity to choose what I really wished!
Rooms and room service are definitely what I will not forget. I felt absolutely comfortable there and I couldn't pretend anything more!
I would really reccomend this hotel to anybody is flying to Cairo. And I suggest to enjoy the Spa as well!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of January 2011

one of the best

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Excellent hotel all around. From the service, to the room, one of the best places I have stayed at. If you are going to Cairo, I wouldn't even bother looking at any place else."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of January 2011

Don't stay there!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We stayed there because we had enjoyed so much our stay at the Kempinsky Soma Bay. The rooms are tiny, you bump in the furniture, the Internet works intermittently, the view is non existent, we were in a Nile view suite and the windows beside being small, had very thick marble surrounds so you only see what is right across the river. The bathroom was dirty, the furniture was full of finger marks. The swimming pool was not open, and the staff did not know whether they were coming or going. Everybody was trying very hard, but that is not good enough for a five star hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of January 2011

A very hard to fault experience from start to finish..

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We spent two nights in the Kempinski Nile shortly before New Year 2011. The experience was amazing all round...

The staff from top to bottom starting with the doormen were always extremely helpful, friendly and always very very courteous.

We had a room that we were told was medina facing which means that it wasn't directly overlooking the Nile. In fact when we got to the room there was a gorgeous view down the Nile if you looked to the North from the small balcony which was a nice bonus.

We were introduced to our butler as soon as we were in our room who informed us that he is on hand at any time for any services or information and for complimentary hot drinks. This proved to be absolutely the case and it was always a pleasure to speak to him when the need arose.

The room itself: small but perfectly formed. Perfect bedding and linen with a touch of luxury... the bathrobes (there are two for each person in the room, one presumably to wear to the spa) were hard to take off they were so comfortable.

The heated pool on the roof of the 11th floor was a lovely place to spend an early evening and watch the sunset. I did not partake in the spa downstairs but I understand it is a wonderfully relaxing place.

Breakfast (a very reasonable €9 extra) was buffet-style continental and the choice is huge. They have pastries and breads from various different countries, a chef on hand to cook eggs as you like them and two separate fridges for fruit and yoghurts. The hot chocolate was the best I've had in a long time.

The chocolate cafe downstairs is again full of lovely staff and I had a delicious club sandwich and fresh juice (complimentary) and they have a dazzling array of chocolate-related cakes and snacks to eat there or take away.

I only visited the 10th floor jazz bar and french restaurant to have a look but the atmosphere seemed very nice there and I'm sure the bar is set to be a Cairo go-to place soon. The menu at the french restaurant was high end but didn't look overpriced and again, small but perfectly formed. The restaurant itself is very chic looking, a good place for a special meal perhaps.

So not a lot wrong with this place. The staff in particular really made you feel like you were very important. This is a new hotel and I hope it manages to hold on that aspect."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of January 2011

Hotels near Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo

Stayed at Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo? Share your insight.

Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo is also called