Isis Hotel

33B Ramsis, Cairo 11511 Egypt

very very nice

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"ISIS Hotel is near the Egyptian Museum, the suit room which I have lived is very big, with very nice Nile view,also in the night. here is very easy to visit every sight in the city. and the welcome drink is special,the stuff is very friendly and helpful. I think, it's a good place for people to live in Cairo.the one of the Hotel service team, named Medhat is a very nice man, and always smiling, he gave us many good information and idea for traveling.

ISIS, very very very......nice!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 19th of February 2009

Great location, good service

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We are a group of seven girls travelling to Egypt in Jan-Feb 2009, this is our first time to Egypt, and after reading reviews from Tripadvisor we decided to stay in Isis Hotel in Cairo. We booked three airport pickups as we were arriving at different times, and Isis Hotel arranged all three without mistakes. When we arrived we were greeted with warm and helpful stuff and nice welcome tea. :)

The hotel owner Mohammed Ali also helped to review our plan and gave us some good advise on our trip plan. We booked two day trip to Pyramids with Isis and both drivers were very good and didn't give us any hassels (which is great in Egypt).

The rooms are very clean exactly as shown on others' photos and all rooms are spacey. The lounge room is also very comfy with couches and we have great city views everyday when we sat next to the window for breakfast. We stayed in four rooms during our stay, one of the room's shower was a little weak but Mohammed has promised to fix it later. :)

Since the hotel is located on the 15th floor, the city noises are mostly blocked out and even the morning prayer sound are not very loud - most of my friends who are good sleepers couldn't even hear them! Not to mention the superb city view, remember to open your curtain in the night for photos!

The staff at Isis are very helpful and fulfilled our requests very well. Overall this is a good recommended place to stay in Cairo."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of February 2009

staying at isis hjotel for the second time

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"Nice staying in a small hotel where I could find helpful staff (Mohammed Ali, Medhat, Araby) clean room, beautiful view of the Nile river from the reception, cheap price and breakfast anytime at the reception or in the room...great! All in all a good chance to enjoy your time in Il Cairo without spending a lot of money! Come and see!"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of January 2009

Good and friendly service, but facilities need serious work on

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"One important thing to mention that service in this hotel is friendly and reliable. The hotel is on the last floor of a high store building a few minutes from the Museum and has a nice view on the city. The rooms are specious and have a lot of potential. On the other hand, walls, furniture, bath tabs, curtains etc. are so worned out that the hotel gives an unclean impression although it is clean enough. It needs serious improvement , but does have the potential to it."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of January 2009

Great Value

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Isis Hotel in October for two nights. There was someone to pick us up at the airport as requested. As others have noted, you would not know form the exterior that a hotel was in the building, and the elevator leaves something to be desired. But the view from the 15th floor, where the hotel is, is terrific.

The rooms are functional, not fancy, but seemed clean and quite adequate. The big refrigerator in the room could be handy if one is staying many nights, but for just a couple of nights, we did not need it.

Breakfast the first day was simple, consisting of rolls with jams and tea or coffee. We mentioned the next day that we liked Egyptian food, and so we were asked if we would prefer Egyptian food for the breakfast, to which we said yes. The next morning we had falafels, fuul (beans), and pita bread. Though still a very simple breakfast, it was very tasty—the best falafels I think I have ever had.

The through the hotel we arranged two tours. The first day was to the pyramids, including those at Saqqara and Dashur before Giza. I would definitely recommend the trip down to Saqqara and Dashur. Comparatively few tourists go to those pyramid, and they set the stage, as precursors, to the large pyramids at Giza. The day tour of Cairo was less inspiring, but still fun. Abu was our driver and guide, and he was terrific.

One of the staff at the hotel talked us into a river cruise and dinner on the Nile. That was terrible and I would encourage you NOT to do it. The food was not good and was purely Western, with such things as spaghetti, mashed potatoes, some beef slices, chicken, and so on. Nothing Egyptian about it. The entertainment was not good, either.

What I didn’t like was the pressure to sit down at the computer at the hotel to write a review. I resisted but said I would write a review when I got home. But that is a minor thing, and overall, we were very pleased with the stay at Isis. It is a great value."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of November 2008

Good place to stay

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"We stayed at Isis for 5 days distributed within 15 days vacation in Egypt. First of all I must mention that place is well run, clean (they are cleaning rooms every day) and situated at good Downtown position, in a bit shabby Socialist-style skyscraper called Marouf tower. Hotel is situated on 15th floor, and elevators (two of them) are reliable, if shabby and slow. Management is extremely efficient, and there is no pressure in sense of selling tours, which is a common ailment with Cairo hostels.

Rooms are spacious, and bathrooms as well. Instead of teeny mini-bar fridge, they put true home-style refrigerators in the room, which can come handy for making ice, stashing beers, water, fruit, etc.

Best Cairo kushary shop, Abu Tarek, is situated only 50 meters from the hotel, as well as liquor store.

Now to the moot point: we payed up front at the beginning of our stay. Manager explained to us that it is a common practice for people who break they stay in multiple segments. Our plan was to stay 2 days in Cairo, go to Sinai, then 2 days of Cairo again, go to Alexandria, and again to Cairo. Instead we decided to discard Alex and stay longer in Sinai, thus losing our already paid 2 nights in Isis. I am sad to say that management did not offer to us the refund, and I did not want to enter any financial dispute on my holiday. On the other hand, when we showed up unannounced on a day for which we had no reservation, they found us a room in 7 AM in hostel of our choice. Point is that they are friendly and efficient, but dedicated to profit in a sense that they will not allow that room stays unoccupied or unpaid for in a peak season, so use your best judgment when making reservations.

All in all, this is one of better budget stays in Cairo and I will gladly come back in Isis on my next trip to Cairo. Recommended!"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of November 2008

great place to stay in cairo

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"The hotel was great, clean, doesn't cost alot and the people are nice, they will help you out a lot with booking cheap tours. In the rooms satellite TV fridge are available. the hotel is only 2 minuet walk from the Cairo museum. the elevator is a bit scary but otherwise this is a recommenced place to stay when you are in Cairo."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of October 2008

Perfect for Families

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"Very nice hotel with friendly and helpful staff, wonderfull view over the Nile, good breakfast, clean, spacy rooms."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of September 2008

Hotels near Isis Hotel

Stayed at Isis Hotel? Share your insight.

Isis Hotel is also called