Invitation Hotel

11 Ramsis Street Abdelmonem Riyad Sq, Cairo 11511 Egypt

Good

Personal, nice and excellent location

"First of all the location is excellent. Around the corner from the Egyptian Museum and short taxi ride from all other attractions of central Cairo.

Rooms have satellite with hundreds of channels. Air-con. Where else can you get this for the price? Bathroom is small but clean. Rooms were very clean too. Views are not brilliant but you get what you pay for.

Staff were very friendly. Food was basic but nice. Breakfast was included in the price. And when I ordered something it was ready pretty quick

Best bit was when they didnt charge me an extra night when I was over four hours late checking out!! They were very entitled to.

It can be a bit difficult to find if you dont know where it is. I arranged the hotel to pick me up from the airport but unfortunately missed the pick-up as our flight got cancelled and we were shoved on to another one. Got a taxi to the museum and got myself onto Ramses Road, vaguely remembering the address. I still struggled to find the hostel/hotel, walking past it about 3 times not knowing it was there!!

Would I stay there again? Well I've stayed in many hostels and hostels worl-wide and this place is well above average. So the answer is most definitely.

Word of warning: Don't trust the dodgy taxi driver parked outside the place!! We felt sorry for him because he had a rickety old taxi but he ended up trying to take us for a ride!!"

• Travel date: Sat 17th of May 2008

Not a rip off

"The invitation hotel could be best described as a very good hostel. It is very good value for the money. It has nice bright colours on the walls, it is clean, it has friendly staff, free internet, TV in room, nice fixtures in the rooms and bathrooms. but...
We were given only one towel not much bigger than a hand towel. I asked for another one but it never arrived. The hot water on the first morning ran out after 5 minutes but was fine on the second morning. The beds have rather thin foam mattresses and slat supports which on the second night had some slip right thru to the floor. The "safe" was a valuables in a stapled paper envelope in the office top draw behind reception which seemed to be often unlocked. Breakfast was an egg, orange cordial, cup of tea, small bread roll jam and butter.
Our taxi driver had a lot of trouble finding the hotel, it is not simple to access by car. Look for the man standing outside who acts as security for the building.
The reception can provide good value car and driver to look round Cairo. Oh, they can also get you some beer which is not that easy in Cairo."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of May 2008

Good value but not if you are a light sleeper

"The Pro's.
great value.
clean rooms.
staff are extremely friendly and honest
centrally located

The Con's.
the room we stay in faces a main road and the noise is loud 24/7
the rooms are tired and old.

Overall.
If you are on a low budget then I would most definitely recommend the hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of May 2008

Friendly, clean and relaxed

"With my son, I stayed at the Invitation Hotel for 5 nights recently in two trips. It is worth every cent. The staff are extremely friendly, honest, good-humoured. Nothing is ever a problem. They picked us up at the airport twice as arranged. Arranged a full day-trip to three pyramids areas well worth the money.
The sheets are clean. Bring your own towel. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper because the outside noise (especially the front rooms) is, well, something else but you get that everywhere in Cairo. Both the shared and private bathrooms have good and hot showers (although sometimes a shower curtain would be helpful).
The staff (and us) remained as cool and good-humoured as a cucumber, even when they had to hammer down the doorlock which got stuck with us inside the room.
Best of all, the location is ideal and just a couple of blocks away, you find all the popular restaurants of the guidebooks.
These guys are a tribute to the welcoming and relaxed people of Egypt.

Johan Schölvinck, The Netherlands"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of March 2008

Invitation Hotel is the BEST in Cairo

"We stayed at the Invitation Hotel Mid february and we had a great time.
The hotel is situated 2 mins walk away from the Cairo museum and is close to cheap downtown bakeries, cafes and restaurants.
The hotel is on the 4th floor of a residential high rise building and has reception, dining and TV area and a choice of en-suite or shared bathroom rooms at great prices.
We eventually stayed 8 nites in the Invitation hotel in Cairo and enjoyed every day of our stay. If you stay 3 nites or more the price includes free airport pick up and breakfast in included. Average room prices are 20-27 usd a nite and well worth every cent.

The staff are helpful, friendly and really down to earth. If you require advice on travel arrangements or want to undertake a tour they can help you out, if you want to go it alone thats ok too.
Rooms are clean, tidy and quiet and come equipped with cable TV and aircon..can it get any better!
We highly recommend this hotel to all parties, you can book though hostel booking websites or contact direct at www.invitationhotel.com."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of February 2008

Very friendly hotel

Good

"We stayed here on three separate occasions during a three week trip to Egypt. We liked the hotel. The location is very convenient, about two minutes to walk to the museum, close to downtown shopping and restaurants, easy to catch cabs anywhere else. Last year, we stayed in Giza and found it impossible to walk anywhere. Our room was fine...not beautiful, but comfortable. We had two beds and a private bathroom with plenty of warm water. There are also options for a shared bathroom and I think we would probably do that next time because there are plenty of bathrooms and they're all very clean. The staff are very friendly. They took good care of us and we spent many evenings chatting, smoking sheesha, and eating. They're all very nice. They were very accommodating with the constant changes we made to our travel plans. We even brought other people to the hotel and they quickly found accommodations for them as well. We'd stay again and we'd recommend it to others."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of January 2008

Its like Home

"Wouldnt stay anywhere else. All the staff are very warming and caring and if i hit cairo again then i would probably stay here without a second thought. Rooms are clean, comfortable and simple. If you want a simple place with a home like atmosphere with a budget, this is your hotel!"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of September 2007

best budget hotel in Cairo Downtown

"I stay in this hotel for 5 days. Room is simple and Clean given the price.

Staffs are very friendly, the price is quite reasonable.

most importantly, everyone they are very honest people. they tell how much each service cost, and what you will be expecting, and they never force you to pay tips unless you willing to pay, which in Egypt it's a little uncommon.

Special thanks for Ahmed, he help me out a quite bit in Cairo, sorry, this review is little late

the extra excursion they offered to you are excellent, well worth the money.

bottow line, I am very happy with my choice of stay in Cairo"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of July 2007

Great Hotel, friendly Staff

"During our visit to cairo we came to know this hotel quite accidently and we never regretted that. Economical and right in downtown.
Staff specially Ahmed Salah was very nice to us.
Highly recommeneded. Littlle bargaining"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of November 2006

Pleasant Stay in Central Cairo

Good

"There are many not so expensive or really cheap hotels in downtown Cairo. But I guess to book in any of them is some of buy a pig in a poke. When choosing the place of my stay in Cairo (four days visit with my friend to see this great city) I relied upon information in the web. Photos were not the last thing to take decision. And they correspond to reality. This hotel costs its price. Situated in central Cairo on Rameses Street (5 minutes walk from Nasser metro station, 2 minutes from Egyptian Museum, just opposite Rameses Hilton Hotel) it offer clean not too small rooms with TV, bathroom (hot water all the day), electric heater and a/c. French windows look on noisy street so you must consider this circumstance if you like to sleep in silence. Friendly staff, home atmosphere (hotel occupies 4-th floor of 10-th storey building). I recommend this place to visit Cairo in company of your friends (and alone too!)
P.S. We had a room with shower inside but shared bathroom that is literally two steps from any other room is very clean."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of April 2006

Hotels near Invitation Hotel

Stayed at Invitation Hotel? Share your insight.

Invitation Hotel is also called