Indiana Hotel

16 Adel Hussien Rostom, Giza 12611 Egypt

Good

The most dirty hotel ive ever seen!!!

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"This hotel was incredibly dirty and an death trap in case there should ever be fire. Everything i saw was broken, The bedcovers had stains from unknown origin. The breakfast was poor and there was not a clean plate or cup. I wake up wyh big musclus from scratching. When i think about it i still get shiffers. So be warned and stay away from the indiana hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of March 2008

Highly Recommended

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Staying here was definitely a "high point" for my trip to Cairo; the hotel Indiana was a pleasant surprise.
Our room was spacious, very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The bathroom was large, clean with hot water all day long. The location of the hotel is very central, with easy access to the Egyptian Museum, Cairo opera house and Downtown. All the staff is very warming and caring and helpful. There was internet access available, in a quiet atmosphere, and at a very reasonable price.
We had the opportunity to have dinner at the Indiana hotel roof top terrace, on our last night there, and this was one of the best dinners we had in Cairo. It is really a fantastic place"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of January 2008

It's Egypt!

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"It's Egypt and you should not expect the same standards as in other parts of the world! I had no problems with the Indiana Hotel and would definately stay there again. The room was spacious and clean, I was sharing with a friend and we had a king size bed each, telephone, television and fridge! Our room was cleaned everyday and if we needed anything the staff were very friendly and helpful! The breakfast was average but again its egypt! The roof top terrace was fantastic and the food was good. The location of the hotel was also very good. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of November 2007

Here's what you get

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"I suppose you get what you pay for, although I suspect that other hotels in this category may be better. I wasn't bothered by the outdated furniture or the general run down appearance. The rooftop bar is indeed nice and the staff is friendly. However, cleanliness cannot be expected. Our room clearly had not been made up from the previous guest when we arrived (at 11 at night!). The porter removed the dirty dishes and sent someone up (who spoke no English). We insisted on clean sheets and towels - but that's all we got. The bathroom was dirty and in 4 nights, no one ever came to clean, replace towels or anything. I'm sure there were fleas in the bed, too. Breakfast went downhill every day, as there were fewer and fewer guests. The staff remained friendly until the end and it is in a safe area. However, since my minimum standard is cleanliness, I won't stay there again. Go at least 4-star!"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of October 2007

As bad as the reviews suggest

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"This hotel was booked by our tour company so we had no choice but to stay there, if you have a choice then don't! Most of the problems have been covered by other reviewers but I confirm that the rooms are in bad need of updating. Our bathroom had torn shower curtains, cracked basin, cracked bath and was mouldy. It is the only time I have felt dirtier after a shower.
The aircon didn't work properly either.
Breakfast consisted of the weakest coffee ever, stale bread, oh and lets not forget the basket of mouldy fruit, including the greenest orange in the world. I was so glad to leave this place."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of August 2007

Really Good Hotel

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"I had just been to Indiana Hotel and Really I had enjoyed my stay. First I was given a Big Room for me and my girl friend the room was clean with 2 king size beds with very clean sheets. I Stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. One day I went to the Swimming Pool it is small but Fun! and also The Net Cafe was very useful for me. The Stuff was great and very helpful. Go to this Hotel when you are in Egypt."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of July 2007

-3 star hotel

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"I stayed at the Indiana to pick up a tour out of cairo which was starting there had I known I would have stayed somewhere else and cabbed it over for the start of the tour. Shabby and not very clean room - toilet didnt flush - door didnt lock - power points didnt work and the smell of diesel fuel (which the generator runs on) was overwhelming - checked into the Sheppherd Hotel on the nile for $20 more a night with a brillant breakfast included - breakfast at Indiana consisted of stale bread rolls orange cordial and foul tasting coffee - the staff were very friendly but the hotel should not be rated as 3* - stay somewhere else in Egypt preferrably book a 4 or 5* which will be the standard of a 3* in europe."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of June 2007

Absolutely Rubbish Hotel Do Not Stay Here!!

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! The Croatian was absolutely right regarding this hotel. We did not choose this as it was booked by our tour. The first room we went in was filthy! The pillow case had a blood and urine stain! The bathroom was old and battered. We complained to our rep and got us another room. Only this time the bathroom ceiling was dripping with water. We were so tired we just wanted a clean bed to sleep in. The phone didn’t work here, the wire was damaged and no towels! We asked for towels the next day when we needed it. Throughout the night, the bathroom ceiling was dripping and had a small pool on the floor!! But since we were leaving for Luxor, we were glad to be out. We told our rep who promised us a better room on our return a few days later for our 2nd and last night, before leaving to go home. The breakfast was very very basic but edible. Falafels, bread rolls, scrambled eggs, sausage, feta cheese, jam, tea and coffee. Juice was too sweet. When we went there for only 2nd and last night, we got a suite room on the top floor. It was just as rubbish!! But only bigger, so what! The sheet had a green stain like snot, and the bathtub had cracks in it! And only 1 towel provided!! There was no phone either. We asked reception to put one as we needed a wake up call to go to the airport. When we got back that night, we were told there was one, BUT THERE WASN'T!! Someone knocked on our door instead but we had woken up early anyway!! I am so glad to be out of there! PLEASE DO NOT BELIEVE THE AUSSIS REVIEW AS I CAN ASSURE YOU THIS HOTEL IS NOT WORTH A PENNY ! YOU ARE BETTER OFF PAYING SOME MORE FOR SOMETHING DECENT. IT IS NOT WORTH 3 STARS BUT MORE LIKE 0!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 29th of April 2007

never again

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"Ok, at the begging I have to say the problem might be that I just forgot I am not in Europe. Here there stars are probably hostel category in Europe. The hotel was stinky. Unbeliavably stinky. And not clean at all. Furniture is outdated. I slept fully dressed, with my shoes on, cause I feared I could caught something just by sitting or laying on those beds. I managed to stay there only for one night. Never again."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of January 2007

Rooftop view

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"The Indiana is not an international class hotel but provided you check that the toilets flush and the showers run hot water you will be comfortable here. The furnishings are a bit battered, the lifts a bit creaky, a good clean is overdue but I would happily return. The staff are friendly,the breakfasts are good and there is a rooftop bar serving stella that looks out over Cairo. The Indiana has charm."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of February 2006

Awesome Place

Reviewed Thu 26th of January 2017

"Indiana hotel is in a very good location, near to all the major attractions in Giza. Our room was very clean, quiet and spacious enough for a family of 3 with free Wi-Fi and good bathroom.
Very friendly staff, we felt really welcomed. They always were greeting us with a smile.
The Café in the roof was very nice, with an amazing view of Cairo tower, and the Nile.
Indiana is a Perfect hotel choice for visiting Cairo, especially with its good rates. Next time we will choose it again for sure.

• Travel date: Mon 16th of January 2017

A hotel with a special character , fantastic location & very friendly staff

Reviewed Thu 25th of March 2010

"We stayed here at the first of March 2010.Indiana is decorated in beautiful traditional style, with marbled floor and comfortable Sofas in a cozy atmosphere for excellent value for the money. The room was very clean and the furniture was modern. Location is fantastic just 10 minutes from the famous Egyptian museum and 1 minute from the Nile. The staff is extremely accommodating
We really enjoyed our stay at Indiana hotel.

• Travel date: Wed 24th of March 2010

Hotels near Indiana Hotel

Stayed at Indiana Hotel? Share your insight.

Indiana Hotel is also called