Holiday Inn - Citystars

Ali Rashed Street, Cairo 11511 Egypt

Ok - Hotel

Good

"I stayed at this hotel because the meeting organizers reserved rooms for us here. The satndard room was the size of a closet. the closet was one cupborard. Once I upgraded to a larger room I was much more comfortable. Its far from the action in town but next door to an upscale mall. The Intercontinenetal (on the other side of the mall) is amazing. Indian restaurant at the hotel had amazing food."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of May 2009

Clean, new, located next to biggest mall, no need to spend extra 50$/night on Interconti located next to it.

Good

"Hotel is new, has FREE wireless, spacious room. 4* quality overall, feeling of safety and comfort, which is not obvious in Cairo. But you are in Egypt. And you can see it is not Germany. The service is nice but a bit disorganized - e.g. no beer in minibar even though it is on minibar price list - you call housekeeping and ask to bring it - they say yes of course and never do in the next 3 hours, so you have to call again. Btw, I am just wondering how my minibar bill will look on checkout - if I have problems I will surely write again.
But at the rate avg. 50-70$ below Interconti located on the other side of the Citistars mall there is no need to spend this extra money if you want Citistars location. Especially that you can sense the Egyptian touch in Interconti as well. Nothing against it as such by the way - just if you expect "Ordnung muss sein"... get yourself overpriced scotch (and only available in hotel - NOWHERE to find in 30 or so restaurants in the mall) and relax."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of April 2009

Incompetence at Every Turn...

"Don't stay here, unless you want to subject yourself to the potential of hours of time fighting to remove charges from your credit cards that shouldn't have been charged in the first place. Even after I called Travelocity because the hotel said they never received payment and Travelocity said they had resent it, the hotel still charged my card for 3 nights stay at the hotel for which they had already received payment. Finally, weeks later, Holiday Inn Guest Relations in the U.S. had to send me a check for the credit because Citystars couldn't figure out that they had already received the money. The front desk manager gave me his business card to check on the status of the resolution of the issue and both the phone number and email address on it were invalid. The hotel concierge said that they would send a postcard for us and it was never received. Our room card was deactivated twice in 3 days, and they had the nerve to charge me for the local line charges when I was calling Travelocity for them using a calling card.

An otherwise clean, and fairly new hotel was overshadowed by the poor practices of the people who worked there."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of November 2008

Your average business hotel - nothing more, or less

"I am surprised by the ecstasy of some of the other reviews. This is a (probably above average) business-orientated hotel for this part of the world. The staff are slick and polite, the rooms are new and clean but hotels in Cairo must compete so that's what you'd expect. But it's certainly not exceptional. Good points: very near the airport (great for that early BA flight to London), and its right next to a shopping centre which - at the very least - gives you easy food options if you don't have the confidence to walk around the city. Oh, and the pools nice. Bad points: my shower leaked badly - the stain on the carpet suggested this had happened several times before, yet I was still put in the room. This suggests a bit of lethargy from the management. There is traffic noise, but no worse than the muffled sound you hear in a lot of city hotels."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of October 2008

Good location, good value for money

Good

"The Holiday Inn citystars hotel is only 15 minute drive from the Cairo airport and located right next to Citystars shopping mall, largest shopping venue in all Egypt.

This is a stylish Holiday Inn compared to many others of the same chain internationally - the hotel is very new and rooms are quite spacious and modern.

The service was good if not very quick, however I encountered no problems as such. Hotel has a small pool also, which is sufficient, however it is sad that in what is clearly a business hotel, the pool's opening hours are restrcited to daylight hours only - most business people will not get to use the pool at all.

The location is good because of the shopping mall, take 20 steps and you're in a huge mall with tons of shops, restaurants etc.

I would recommend this hotel as an inexpensive but high quality option for visitors to Cairo."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of July 2008

Didn't want to leave

"It was soo great I didn't want to leave.It is beaurifully decorated-only opened a few months.Rooms great--food great.Some of our group went to the mall next door after dinner.It stayed open late.There is nothing I could say bad about this wonderful hotel.What an experience!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of April 2008

wonderful hotel and people!!!

"We love this hotel!!! I was pleasantly surprised at how a Holiday Inn could pull off this 5 Star service and experience in Cairo! The Staff could not be any friendlier and welcoming and the hotel was clean, modern,and very close to all the best sights in Cairo. I would rec. this hotel and would stay there again!!"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of April 2008

Great Hospitality!

"My self and my wife spent one night in the hotel as we were celebrating our anniversary. It is really great, the reception was very friendly and they made sure we were satisfied all the time. Room service responded very fast when we ordered food in the room.

We had the best ever breakfast in the room, everything was well cooked and presented. When they knew about our anniversary, they sent us a lovely complimentary chocolate cake!

The plasma screen in the room was nice and the room size was ok. i thought we will have lots of noise but the windows was well isolated.

Great! We will come back."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of April 2008

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good

"I stayed at the Holiday Inn Citystars for one week. It is a wonderful hotel. I will return. The food is excellant, go for the bed and breakfast, they put on a wonderful buffet breakfast each morning. The security and staff are all first rate. QUALITY, all the way. The location is right next door to the largest shopping center, seven floors with a hugh grocery store located inside. If you need anything, I mean anything, you will find it there. Jewels for the Queen of England or new pants with a two hour tailor return. It is across from a Mosic so you will hear the prayers in the day and night, if you keep active, you will sleep so sound that you will not hear the noise. Cairo is a busy city."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of March 2008

Avoud if you can

"Unfortunately the Intercontinental was full, so I stayed in the newly opened Holiday Inn which was awful. In the 4 nights I was there I hardly got any sleep due to the noise. I know Cairo is noisy, but it sounded like the traffic was right next to me! I complained and they moved my room, firstly to an identical room a floor up on the same side which was no better. I asked to move again, staff initially were very unhelfpul until a Manager asked me how my stay was. I explained and he arranged for me to move again. Room much quieter but TV and some lights didn't work so I had to get them fixed, all in all not great and I wouldn't stay again!"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of February 2008

Hotels near Holiday Inn - Citystars

Stayed at Holiday Inn - Citystars? Share your insight.

Holiday Inn - Citystars is also called