Golden Tulip Narmer Pyramids

252 Pyramids Road, Giza 00202 Egypt

Good

Zoser: Not Grand but Clean, Comfortable, Affordable.

Good

"I just returned from a week at the Zoser Hotel. I asked for a room for myself overlooking the courtyard/pool area, which I received. The room was good size with a double bed and adequate closet space for a one person. Bathroom, large and clean with shower and tub. I read some complaints about noise from the pool area. Perhaps it was the time of year and/or the fact that I was on the 7th floor, but I detected little noise. The faux waterfall in the courtyard was not a disturbance. Double sliding doors open up to a balcony overlooking the pools. The AC worked fine and was appreciated even in mid-November.
The free buffet breakfast offered up through 10 AM, included dry cereals, at least six different rolls and muffins, meat, cheeses, fresh tomatoes, cukes & fruits, tahini, hummus, a variety of breads and good coffee. Enough for a full day.
You'll pay for making even local calls from the hotel phone.
Dinners at the hotel restaurants I tried were adequate. The price of a glass or two of house wine, $8.00 each plus tax, can quickly inflate your bill. If you feel comfortable with a local restaurant, you can dine for much less.
With the incredible Cairo traffic, the treck to the center of Cairo can be a long ride.
The hotel is on the very busy Pyramid Road. Only the locals or brave Westerners dare cross."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of December 2007

A very pleasant hotel

"We were delighted with this hotel. I was extremely concerned prior to going to Egypt that all would not be well, one in case we became ill (gastroenteritis) and that the hotels we would stay at were clean and above standard. I have to say ithis hotel was lovely. Our rooms were very nice and clean and the hotel was spotless. I would only suggest that they put a rota in the public toilets of the hotel to let guests know when they were last attended to. The hotel surroundings and atmosphere was very nice indeed. A great start to our holiday!"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of November 2007

Friend had money stolen from hotel safe

"Ths hotel is primarily used by tour groups as a starting point for Egypt tours - this is why we stayed here. The hotel was okay - our room was clean and comfortable, but this was not the experience of everybody in our tour group. We found reception to be really unhelpful. In addition, one of our tour group had $1000 USD stolen from out of her hotel safe. The hotel refused to take any responsibility. If you do decide to stay at this hotel, please make sure that you carry all your valuables with you and don't leave anything in the safes. Breakfast was absolute bedlam - but that's Cairo for you!"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of October 2007

Terrible hotel

"This is nowhere near any kinda 5-star hotel. We booked into our room about 1am and spent the next 3 hours battling with the room and the staff. Nothing in the room worked: not the shower, not the bath plug or the aircon and the lamp shade was completely torn from the lamp and the carpets were filthy. The carpets everywhere in the hotel were filthy.

One day phoned for a room service menu 9 times and only received the MENU after 1 and a half hours of waiting. One of the porters actually screamed at my mother because the elevator was ready and she was still looking to make sure all our bags had been collected. Unbelievable. We were there at the beginning and the end of our stay in Egypt but could not make any telephone calls from our room (local or international) at any point because their systems were down both times.

Room service never gets your orders right and nobody there can speak English to save their life. We got soup and no spoons and had to phone them again, wait an eternity, then try and explain what a spoon was. In the end, had to bring the waiter into the room, show him the soup and show him the fork and lift my hands in exasperation for him to understand.

Terrible place and will not recommend it to anybody or ever stay there again myself."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of October 2007

Nice Rooms but Bad Service

"I stayed in Zoser Hotel in August 2007. The rooms are clean and with air conditioned. Breakfast is ok. But room service is very bad. After I came back from a day visit in Cairo personal did not make up the room. I went to reception to ask to make up my room not once of twice but five times!
Overall: an average experience."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of August 2007

unsatisfied

"We stayed 3 nights at the hotel. We had no complaints about the facilities. But the management failed to stop the noise from the children running and screaming at the court yard at 11 PM one night. I had to call three times in order to stop it. One morning three of our group members got food poisoning from the breasfast. The bus had to stop several times and we did not finish our trip to Alexandria."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of April 2007

Not a fantastic experience

"I stayed in this hotel for two nights on different days, overall an average hotel. Rooms are good but services needs a lot of improvement (not 5 star quality).
Breakfast in the restaurant is not well organised, too many customers searching for coffee mugs, coffee....etc tables not made up fast for next customer.
Location of the hotel is good with faster accessibility to Pyramids, we could enjoy local cusines in good resturants near by.
Overall our feeling compared to upper Egypt and Sherton in Cairo was this hotel is not value for money."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2007

Very nice hotel

"We stayed two nights at this hotel in March 2007. tTe location is close to Pyramids, a mall across the street with some fast food restuarant. We liked the location since it was away from busy downtown but easy enough to catch a taxi to downtown. The room was nice and clean. staffs were friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet was excellent. I definitely would go back."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of April 2007

Great Hotel Near the Pyramids!

Good

"My group stayed at this nice modern 4-star hotel (more like a 3-star to American standards) located close to the pyramids. The lobby and rooms were very nice and adequate, with good beds and a nice bathroom. The hotel lobby is comfortble and spacios and provides a retreat from the chaos out the front door where traffic is unbelievable (it's a true adventure to even cross the street -- especially at night so be forewarned). The hotel's restaurant provided an excellent dinner buffet and buffet breakfast in their dining room. The pool, although was not in use due to the season, was beautiful in the courtyard of the hotel. I would definitely stay here again due to its proximity to shopping and the tourist sites."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of January 2007

Very good value

Good

"We stayed in this hotel in late 2006 and were very pleased with the overall quality and service. It was booked as part of a package and we found it to be extremely good in most respects. The reception staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms extremely comfortable. There is also a large pool, which is great after a day out in Cairo in the heat. My travelling companions were a bit concerned that the hotel was on the 'fringe' of Cairo. In fact, it is closer to the Pyramids than to downtown Cairo but its location was not a disadvantage in any way. Firstly, it is closer to the Pyramids and Sphinx than the downtown hotels; secondly there is a less traffic; and thirdly it is quieter (although 'quiet' is a relative concept in Egypt!). And there are plenty of shops nearby. My only negative comment is that the restaurant food could have been a bit moire interesting - but apart from that we were very satisfied with this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of January 2007

ppl ... dnt even try to go there ... its...

"ppl ... dnt even try to go there ... its the hell it self ... i was coming from sharm alsheikh ... so i came here to this hotel .. but i couldnt stay in it .. dirty at allllll ... i changed next day to holiday inn .. its reallly sucks ... dirtyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of August 2008

We disliked our stay at this hotel thoro...

"We disliked our stay at this hotel thoroughly mainly for one reason: we could not sleep. This was mainly due to the fact that every night from about 6h30 to about 11, music was being played very loudly on the inner court of the hotel.

What could therefore have been an oasis of silence in noisy Cairo, became a hell of insomnia. If we had not been warned that moving to one of the outer rooms would not improve conditions due to traffic noise and pollution, we certainly would have done so. What an idea to want to impose noise on one's guests!! Another thing was, that though the hotel looks very chique, nothing really worked the way it should have. We did not really give a hoot that the aircon dripped, that no single tile in the bathroom was well laid and that a light short circuited because of the aircon problem, but the fact that the balcony doors would not close and were not even double glazed, posed the problem that we did not even have a way of partly shutting the courtyard noise out of our room.

We kept the room only because we kept being said this problem would be fixed, but it never was. To conclude: instead of the hotel being a haven catering to our wishes, we catered to its own timetable: during the three days we spent in Cairo, any time we were and in the hotel and we got some silence, we were in our beds trying desperately to catch some sleep between music, visits, and one early flight to Cairo and another (imagine getting up at 2h15) to Hurghada. It did not help when on our first morning there after 5 hours waiting to go to sleep and 7 hours actually sleeping, we got woken up at 6am by an idiot turning on the stereo supposedly to play soft music in the courtyard, but as the volume was still on 10 or sth, we all got blasted awake by 5 very loud notes before it was turned down.

In short, we experienced our stay as psychological torture keeping us away from much needed sleep. That the music was actually not bad, the people friendly, the food ok and the place clean did not make us feel much better. The hotel management should get their priorities straight.

• Travel date: Sun 27th of November 2005

Hotels near Golden Tulip Narmer Pyramids

Stayed at Golden Tulip Narmer Pyramids? Share your insight.

Golden Tulip Narmer Pyramids is also called