We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza

1089 Corniche El Nil Maglis El Shaab, Garden City, Cairo 11511 Egypt

Great Hotel in Cairo

Good

"Outstanding hotel. This is another where the surounding area may not be terribly inviting, but you don't need to leave the premisies, and we didn't want to. They even have a spa service in the hotel which looked nice, though we didn't take advantage of it."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of June 2007

Outstanding

"I've just checked out of Four Seasons Nile Plaza. I think I can safely say that it was the best 'shoebox-style room' hotel that I have ever stayed in. Certainly not cheap (a room is the same price as a suite at the Hyatt opposite) but worth it.

The Nile View rooms I had was pretty big. I guess, if you include the decent sized balcony, you are getting close to 50 square metres. Whilst traditional in layout (desk, armoire with TV etc) the bathrooms are far better than you would expect in a standard room - two sinks, full marble including surfaces, a door on the loo, a bidet and, the piece de resistance, a separate stand-alone shower.

Everything worked well here. The location is walkable to the Egyptian Museum, although you'll need taxis for most other things (but this is a problem wherever you stay). The 'meet and greet' at the airport ($110) went fine and, at 1.30am, they were happy to take clothes off me for pressing which were returned at 9am.

Breakfast was fantastic - both days there were very few people, less than 20 (where does everyone eat breakfast - this hotel is 30 stories high!!) and the food quality and service was outstanding. I cannot comment on evening meals because I didn't take one, although the snacks I had by the pool and in the lobby were fine.

The pool complex is great, although it loses the sun around 2pm as others have said. Three outdoor pools (childrens, lap and main), one large indoor pool plus two hot tubs (1 inside, 1 outside). Cabanas available if you are a family group. Pool service was excellent with little amuse bouche being brought round from time to time.

There was nothing to fault here, in terms of service or quality. The only thing that grated was the cost of certain services. Internet access in the business centre is $20 per hour. Taking hotel cars is prohibitavely expensive - FS wanted $50 to drive me to the InterCon Citystars by the airport, for instance, whilst the InterCon drove me to the Giza pyramids in a Merc (back into the centre of Cairo, past the FS and then another 15km out of town the other way) for the equivalent of $20. That said, food and laundry costs were very reasonable.

I have only one real issue. I sent a shirt for laundry which had collar stiffeners, which I removed. When the shirt came back, the hotel had put in its own collar stiffeners. However, these stiffeners had been glued or somehow fused into the shirt and cannot be removed. You can tell they are glued in when you try to ease them out. I'm not sure why they did this. It shouldn't be an issue - many casual shirts have stitched in stiffeners, after all - but its a bit odd. If it wasn't for the fact that the existing stiffeners were cheap plastic rubbish anyway I would have caused a fuss, but whats done was done.

If the cost isn't an issue, you won't go wrong here as a tourist. If this hotel was in London it would be one of the top handful in town (in fact, it is far better than the outdated FS London on many levels). Once you've spent 24 hours in Cairo, you'll realise that to find it here is a minor miracle."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of June 2007

Even Better Second Time

Good

"Recently returned to this hotel for 5 nights and had a wonderful experience. This hotel is truly an oasis in Cairo. The flower arrangements in the lobby and throughout the hotel are truly glorious. My only complaint is the smoking - it is close to impossible to sit in the bar if you don't smoke - you will be overcome with cigarette and cigar smoke. Cigar smoking is also allowed in the restaurants which was a problem even in the "non smoking" areas.

The restaurant choices are excellent - we had many long days of business meetings and it was much more convenient for us to eat in the hotel. We ate in the steak, seafood and italian restaurants and all were good.

The spa is truly wonderful - the design is beautiful and the services are wonderful."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of May 2007

The best in Cairo ... but you will pay!

"Surely the nicest place to stay in all of Egypt but for this you will pay a pretty penny! Stayed there two nights in April 2007. Food at the hotel is outstanding. Aqua was a pleasant surprise. Too many people hanging around the pool to make it a comfortable swimming experience but the indoor pool provides more privacy. Spa services were good as well. Very expensive, however, especially for a country where salaries are so incredibly low."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of May 2007

Good, but not up to Four Seasons standards

Good

"This is the 4th Four Seasons hotel we have stayed at. The others include properties in San Francisco, Istanbul and Hawaii. Four Seasons Nile Plaza ranks solidly below the others we've stayed at and does not meet Four Seasons typical high standards. To be clear, it's still very nice and is definitely better than your average high end hotel. But we have come to expect a very high standard of service from Four Seasons and this property failed to perform in a variety of small ways. Some examples:
-stains on pillowcase and room carpetting
-turndown service only provided for one even though two people were staying in room
-safe was not unlocked upon room arrival and security needed to be called.
-extra blanket on bed was overly worn and frayed
-had to check w/reception to get room keys instead of keys being brought to us once room was ready.
-no room escort/personal greeting/orientation was offered upon our arrival.
-concierge/reception was unable to make change and instead of attempting to help, we were directed to wait in a long line at a nearby bank. (this was a common problem throughout Egypt)
These are admittedly very nitpicky complaints, but for anyone who has ever stayed at a Four Seasons property you know that it's their attention to small details that really sets them apart and this hotel was not up to par in that respect."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of May 2007

Great experience.

Good

"Great hotel with great staff. Four Seasons provided a peaceful place to escape from the chaotic streets of Cairo."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of April 2007

Only the best

"I was on business and my husband joined me in Cairo, where we stayed at the Four Seasons. From the moment we arrived, the Four Seasons delivered nothing but the best. The service from everyone was over the top. The room is a typical Four Seasons room - no ethnic touches - but it is very comfortable. The water pressure in the shower is a bit much, but I must say it certainly got the sand off of us after a windy day at the pyramids and Sakkara.

We ate at the Lebanese restaurant (breakfast and dinner), Bella, the lobby restaurant, and the hotel bar. All were fantastic. While I was working, my husband enjoyed the spa, health club and pool area. Spa prices were very reasonable compared to similar caliber spas in the US.

We were there for 4 nights and we would not hesitate to stay at the Four Seasons again. Everyone greets you with a smile and we truly felt that it was genuine. Cairo is absolute chaos and it was wonderful to have an oasis in this city.

This was my second time staying at a Four Seasons (other stay at NYC location). I know why people go back time and again. If we could afford to stay at Four Seasons all the time, we would."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of February 2007

Very expensive for what it offers

"This Hotel is a total rip-off.
With very clever marketing techniques,they make you
believe that they are something special.
The simple truth is,that they are not.
What they sell you for USD 600 per night,is an ordinary room,
at 45 sq.m.,with a decoration and furniture,that one can find
at any 4 star Hotel everywhere in the world,and with hardly any
Egyptian detail.
This price is more than double the rate that the Grand Hyatt
across the road,will sell you a spacious well decorated
one bedroom suite,at over 85 sq.m.,with better views of the
Nile.
This pricing policy of the Nile Plaza is quite strange for a city,
where tha average Hotel worker gets about USD 50/month.
In summary,this Hotel is not better than any leading Cairo
Hotel,with not justified extraordinary prices,so beware and do
your home research before you book."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of February 2007

OK but nothing special

"The hotel meets all the standards expected by a Foor Seasons hotel, but in my view it does not justify its price. On the plus side it has a wonderful spa, a very good Lebanese restaurant and wonderful views over the Nile. On the minus are the stuffiness of some of the staff, the lack of individual customer attention (eg no turn down service) and the unappealling views of the non- Nile side. As a consequence it is not a very good value for money."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of February 2007

Outstanding!

"Just spent several nights at the Four Seasons Nile Plaza. Great service; I liked how the doorman greeted me by name whenever I returned to the hotel. Excellent breakfast. Clean, modern, spacious room. Tight but unobstrusive security. We hired a personal guide and driver through the concierge for a tour of the pyramids, et al; a bit pricey, but this is definitely the way to go."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of January 2007

Hotels near Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza

Stayed at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza? Share your insight.

Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza is also called